Ign confirms next gen mortal kombat to be revealed at midway gamers day next month
posted03/17/2008 09:14 AM (UTC)by
cyberdog
About Me

http://i39.tinypic.com/24l4jk6.jpg

The count down on noob matches this information looks like you wont have to wait long.
2008 release is confirmed by midway also heard a few other details from people within the gaming journalist inner core itself but again theres an embargo on what can be said.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/37365/Stranglehold-Unreal-Tournament-3-Go-Platinum-Mortal-Kombat-Next-Gen-Announced

Off topic heres the new street fighter 4 character by the way.

http://kotaku.com/366743/new-street-fighter-iv-character-leaked I have heard a story about the fighting engine but again take it with a pinch of salt I will keep quiet on what I heard for now. Also check out boon.com now and look at the .....................................
lastfighter89
03/12/2008 04:43 PM (UTC)
interesting,i suggest you to put it as a news and get some DP.
thxs for both info about mk and sf4
Adam Ronin
03/12/2008 04:52 PM (UTC)
Forgive me for my stupidity. But....What is Midways Gamers Day EXACTLY?

Is it like an E3 for midway? Will MK8 be PLAYABLE here?

Or will they just show off a trailer?

Hmmmm
cyberdog
About Me

03/12/2008 04:58 PM (UTC)

Midway gamers day is the same sort of thing that ubisoft and ea do.
Just demo upcoming games.

Take this with a pinch of salt until its confirmed as nobody has seen mk8 outside of midway,but I have been told that midway looked really hard at mixed martial arts fights for this game.
Maybe the game will have some kind of ground and pound fighting in it. Submission based fatalitys is something that hasnt been done before I know it was looked at,if its made it into the final game who knows?
MoodyShooter
About Me

Dedicated, hopeless...Li Mei fan.

03/12/2008 05:15 PM (UTC)
Hm, that's interesting. I wonder if the countdown timer on noob.com coincides with the Midway Gamers Day?
jerrylao
About Me

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/1273/14uj7.png[/IMG][/URL]

03/12/2008 05:15 PM (UTC)
yeah what is thatconfusedconfused
humansmoke44
03/12/2008 06:50 PM (UTC)
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord
Sanjei1
About Me

03/12/2008 07:11 PM (UTC)
Well, this is Good news at least.
Now we all know what the CountDown on www.Noob.Com is for.
If it Says on there we'll be getting something about in April And it says
36 Days from now on the Countdown from now.
Then it has to be something about Mortal Kombat.
Shinomune
03/12/2008 07:22 PM (UTC)
The_Truth Wrote:
Hm, that's interesting. I wonder if the countdown timer on noob.com coincides with the Midway Gamers Day?

The exact day I don't know, but the Midway Gamers' Day is in mid April, and I remember that the last year was in Friday... then probably, will be the 18 April...
subzeroyeti
03/12/2008 08:26 PM (UTC)
Lol at HumanSmoke even though I don't like that song but this is very good news Hopefully everything goes right and nothing bad happens like midway collapsing into the earth that would kinda kill the company and I might cry a littlesad
skillz
03/12/2008 10:51 PM (UTC)
NICE!!!!!
_RaptoraS_
03/12/2008 11:18 PM (UTC)
Excellent !
Nice find man !
ShaolinChuan
03/12/2008 11:30 PM (UTC)
Excellent news, thanks! it's about time tongue
Aquarius_D
03/13/2008 01:26 PM (UTC)
Excellent find, finally some news. Thanks.
Ninjakata
About Me

Life is a journey. Enjoy it.

03/13/2008 02:25 PM (UTC)
This is outstanding news! The agonizing wait is almost over.
WingsOfRedemption
03/13/2008 10:50 PM (UTC)
Hopefully they do it right. Hopefully MK8 will be a good game.
cyberdog
About Me

03/14/2008 05:03 PM (UTC)
Got a little bit more info.
Game will have around about 20 fighters, balancing the game seems to be very important now.
Expect something a bit special from the create a fighter mode.
Sounds like this game will play more like a cross with street fighter and tekken. This info came to me from a writer who works for official ps3 mag in the uk. PS3 is lead sku by the way although both versions should end up identical. Work began on this game at the end of 2005,expect to be shocked by how good it looks deveolpment is about 80% finished. Expect something that will suprise and shock people to a level where they say I cant believe this is a mortal kombat game.
Shinomune
03/14/2008 07:13 PM (UTC)
cyberdog Wrote:
Game will have around about 20 fighters, balancing the game seems to be very important now.
Sounds like this game will play more like a cross with street fighter and tekken.
This info came to me from a writer who works for official ps3 mag in the uk.
PS3 is lead sku by the way although both versions should end up identical.
Work began on this game at the end of 2005,expect to be shocked by how good it looks deveolpment is about 80% finished.
Expect something that will suprise and shock people to a level where they say I cant believe this is a mortal kombat game.

And this ¿info? came from...? confused
cyberdog
About Me

03/14/2008 07:52 PM (UTC)
This game has already been showed to various journalists in the gaming scene behind closed doors,I know for a fact there is a non disclosure contract that has been signed between midway and several gaming magazines and websites.
Once midway gives the green light to lift the embargo info will flood out on this game. It will trigger a bidding war on who gets to break news first. Just like 1up and egm broke the story of street fighter 4, they got to see and play the game a full month before they were allowed to write anything about it. Thats how disclosure contracts work in the gaming biz.
Shinomune
03/14/2008 08:53 PM (UTC)
Well, until 18th April, I will be reticent about "cross-over" info...
DigitalAssassin
03/15/2008 03:55 AM (UTC)
cyberdog Wrote:
Sounds like this game will play more like a cross with street fighter and tekken.
This info came to me from a writer who works for official ps3 mag in the uk.
PS3 is lead sku by the way although both versions should end up identical.
Work began on this game at the end of 2005,expect to be shocked by how good it looks deveolpment is about 80% finished.
Expect something that will suprise and shock people to a level where they say I cant believe this is a mortal kombat game.

cyberdog could you make a separate post with all this info?
Shinomune
03/15/2008 01:57 PM (UTC)
cyberdog Wrote:
This game has already been showed to various journalists in the gaming scene behind closed doors,I know for a fact there is a non disclosure contract that has been signed between midway and several gaming magazines and websites.
Once midway gives the green light to lift the embargo info will flood out on this game.
It will trigger a bidding war on who gets to break news first.
Just like 1up and egm broke the story of street fighter 4, they got to see and play the game a full month before they were allowed to write anything about it.
Thats how disclosure contracts work in the gaming biz.

Yeah, and the best way to LOSE this exclusive type is that his journalist leaked info to MK Boards.

Good job journalist, gooood job...

mkflegend
03/15/2008 10:27 PM (UTC)
He's right though, once Midway gives the Green light for REAL info everyones going to want to be first to shed light on MK8.

*waits patiently*glasses
Shinomune
03/16/2008 02:50 PM (UTC)
Yeah, this is true (btw, it's curious how this "versus info" became after my email with Midway/MKTeam and the mention of the embargo...), the April 18th will be amazing, but the premiere preview the April 17th in Noob.com will be glorious wink
billyrage
03/17/2008 04:29 AM (UTC)
I honestly can't wait to see they have to show us on gamers day, and hey it nice to finally have some actual news about this for once.smile
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.