Which Characters Storylines do you think Need to Be Explored the Most?
posted04/16/2008 09:45 PM (UTC)by
MK-4-LIFE
About Me
Since there are only a few characters returning, perhaps only characters whose storylines have not been explored should return. We have all seen a lot of Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, etc, but the question is, what characters' storylines do you think needs to be explored the most?
Wu-TangStyle
04/09/2008 09:23 AM (UTC)
to be fair scorpions storyline is fairly messed up,
sub zero's story line seemed to be going pretty good in DA etc.
MK-4-LIFE
04/09/2008 09:48 AM (UTC)
Wu-TangStyle Wrote:
to be fair scorpions storyline is fairly messed up,
sub zero's story line seemed to be going pretty good in DA etc.

I didn't say anything about their storylines, just that we've seen a lot of them.
Sub-Zero_7th
04/09/2008 12:26 PM (UTC)
I'd like to see characters such as Jade, Hotaru, Havik, Kira, Nitara, Ashrah, Kenshi, and possibly Sindel have their stories further explored.
Garlador
04/09/2008 04:31 PM (UTC)
SAREENA - The poor girl has one of the richest backstories of ANY MK character, and yet has only managed to be a playable character in one console game. She's got a TON of potential; her status as a "good" demon is just a very compelling paradox. She's very much a tragic heroine, who doesn't want to be what she is and has to fight her own inner demon, literally. She's also got some great connections to Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, Shinnock, and others.

NITARA - The presence of an actual, very gargoyle-esque vampire in the game was very nifty, but she remains an enigma. Just what exactly IS her past, her motivation, her allignment, or her future? She's almost a tabula rasa as far as what the developers can do with her.

FROST - Yes, I know I keep mentioning the ladies, but to be fair, most of the guys' backstories are fairly developed but the ladies need fleshing out (no pun intended.) Frost, like Sareena and Nitara, almost seemed like her first appearance started in the middle of her journey. Where did Frost come from? How did she locate Sub-Zero and discover the power of the Dragon Amulet on her own? Is she a pawn of someone else, or has she really become consumed with her own powers and abilities? She's very compelling and deserves more exposure.

RAIDEN - Raiden's been around for awhile but this "new" Dark Raiden is almost a completely different character. His actions and motivations are decidedly atypical of his previous self. Why? How? Is he really "evil" or is he just pursuing a path of least resistence? Has he really had a change of heart, or has something else influenced his actions? How will his previous allies respond to his darker and grimmer views of humanity? Compelling stuff that needs to be explored.

SUB-ZERO - yes, yes, I know what you're thinking. "He's already got a good storyline." Yes, he does. He's got more potential than any other character in the cast. But that's why I don't want them to mess it up. Sub-Zero's path could go any direction right now. Will he deal with the rival robot ninja clan Sektor has been building to defeat the Lin Kuei? Will he face off with Hotaru who was assigned to assassinate him? Will he seek to redeem or kill his corrupted brother Noob Saibot? Will he attempt to save his enslaved friend Smoke? Will he seek to honor his word and accept Sareena into his fold now that he has seen her demonic form? Will he square off with Quan Chi, who remains the direct and indirect cause of most of his misfortune? Will he have a stand off with the Elder Gods for growing to powerful and becoming a false "Ice God" as his Armageddon ending implied? Will he have to come to terms with his failure as a teacher with Frost? Will Baraka seek a vendetta against him for his slaying of his troops? You see where I'm going with this. Sub-Zero's mythology is deep, rich, and bursting with potential, and it would be a very big shame to move him in a direction that completely ignores all the tangents that have been so well developed around him. Basically, he NEEDS to be explored because right now, he's almost like the nexus of the storyline where nearly every power player has some connection to him.
colt1107
About Me

Anarcho-pirate

04/10/2008 12:07 AM (UTC)
Shao, and scorpions Hanzo years
jpetrunak
04/10/2008 01:14 AM (UTC)
Noob Saibot !!!!!!!

IMO Noob is now the "new" scorpion ( bad ass character of the game ). I want to know more about his past as the original Sub, how he transformed into Noob, ect ect.

By far the most interesting character that they need to really go further with.

I would also like to see more of Shang Tsung / Goro / Shao Khan the early years, and of coarse anything involving Scorpions past.
Garlador
04/10/2008 04:43 PM (UTC)
jpetrunak Wrote:
Noob Saibot !!!!!!!

IMO Noob is now the "new" scorpion ( bad ass character of the game ). I want to know more about his past as the original Sub, how he transformed into Noob, ect ect.

By far the most interesting character that they need to really go further with.

I would also like to see more of Shang Tsung / Goro / Shao Khan the early years, and of coarse anything involving Scorpions past.

You know, the whole "Noob is the new Scorpion" notion is actually rather accurate. And I agree. Noob Saibot has become a very compelling character, one who had a noble past and is now a dark spectre.

Noob has basically taken Scorpion's place as an undead ninja, as Sub-Zero's chief rival, and as the resident wild card and badass of the series, all with a still murky past, lost humanity, and shrouded intentions. The brother-brother rivalry with Sub-Zero is also much more compelling.

But, yes, I want to see how Noob feels or relates with other people from his forgotten (or ignored) past, such as Quan Chi, Sareena, and Scorpion.
RaginRep08
04/10/2008 07:11 PM (UTC)
Here are the storylines from the characters that I want to see explored more....

REPTILE- Come back as a humanoid ninja, bringing along the female Zetteran. Good for a new storyline.

SAREENA- She has a great appealing story to her, and she has a lot of potential to go further.

RAIDEN- Since his corruption, he his getting real interesting story-wise. I'd like to see where he goes from here.

DRAHMIN- To me, this character has a lot of potential, and I would like to his his story expand in one-way or another.

TANYA- Since her debut in MK4 and returning in MKD, I liked her. I can see her being included in a major role in MK8.

LI MEI- This girl is probably one of the most interesting since MKDA. Her storyline has followed through perfectly and did not have any flaws. So I see her as a character that could be dug into more, and she too could possibly have a major role in MK8.

As for other characters, in the likings of; Frost, Ashrah, Nitara, Havik, Dairou and Hotaru (just to name some), they too could bulid up their story's in one-way or another.
The present Sub-Zero has nowhere to go really. Frost should be the new Grandmaster and would have to teach the new younger Subby.
You-Know-Who
04/12/2008 06:59 AM (UTC)
I think Shao Kahn has actually been a rather unexplored character. Beyond him being the Emperor of Outworld, and poisoning Onaga to take the realm, and his occupation of Edenia, we really know nothing of the guy. What are his origins? How much sorcery does he know? He taught him this? What of his combat skills? I'd bring Shao Kahn back as a playable character next generation, to give it the boost of having the bad guy from the past series a regular fighter this time around, and explore some of this.

While we know a lot about him, I think there is also room for Shang Tsung to grow and really become more of an independent force, too, even though he likely won't be back. Just how evil is the man? I sense there are potential depths to him that have never really been explored.

Stryker has so much potential. As a regular human being caught up in all this crazy shit, it'd be interesting just to see what is going on in his mind. As a small fry in a war to decide the realms, just how loyal is he to the "Forces of Light," when hi own tail is on the line? In other words, despite being a human, is he a good person? We really don't know.
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
04/12/2008 09:46 AM (UTC)
Noob, Shinnok, Fujin, Taven, & Kai.
Shin_Akuma
04/12/2008 03:16 PM (UTC)
Too bad most of the characters listed in this thread are probably gone for good. I hope the new roster of characters is really in-depth, and worth exploring.
RaginRep08
04/12/2008 05:17 PM (UTC)
I think that Shujinko should also be explored more. Since he might not have a role, I was thinking that he could be turned into a wizard type character. What do you think? He does have the look for it, anyways.
XiahouDun84
04/12/2008 06:10 PM (UTC)
Sareena, most definitely. She's a fresh face with massive potential and can very easily be a star. She has a solid base concept....a Demon who wants to be good in spite of herself. Sets her up as an interesting and sympathetic character with a potential journey to make, with numerous possibilties...

If she's a Demon, and Demon's are naturally "evil" creatures, how/why is Sareena good? Will she try to rid herself of her evil taint? If so...how will she try to do this, what will she have to go through, and will she succeed? Does she have some kind of history with Ashrah? If they meet, will they be allies or enemies? Will Sareena get involved with Ashrah's issue with Nitara? Did she and the older Sub-Zero really have feelings for one another? How will she react and what will she do when she learns he's become Noob Saibot? Will he want anything to do with her or will he just want her killed like his brother? Can she maintain Sub-Zero's trust despite her Demonic nature? If Frost returns, will Sareena have to deal with her? Was Drahmin one of her torturors when she was banished to the 5th Plane? If so, will she ever get him back for it? Will she ever stand up to Quan Chi? Does she and Reiko really have some sort of connection with each other? If so, what is it and how may it come into play if he returns?
Fatality123
04/13/2008 03:39 PM (UTC)
reptile and scorpion tongue
RaginRep08
04/13/2008 04:39 PM (UTC)
I feel that Shinnok should be another one who should be explored more.
You-Know-Who
04/14/2008 02:13 PM (UTC)
I have never really gotten it with Sareena. I mean, I don't mean any disrespect for anyone, but her story seems really boring to me. She's a demon trying to be good. Big whoop. There has to be something I'm missing, right?

I don't hate the character, or anything, but I wouldn't include it on my "must return" list. I can see how her getting caught between Sub-Zero and the original Sub-Zero, who she shacked it up with (the now demonic Noob Saibot) could get interesting. She's just also felt like the epitome of a supporting player, though.

I don't know, I guess I just don't "get" Sareena.
Reptile003
04/14/2008 09:55 PM (UTC)
You all forgot

Fujin: With Raiden in his evil state he steps up to the plate as Earth's Protector. Also Fujin is amazing, looks cool, and all that good shit. He needs more of a story and maybe he can square off with Mister Raiden.

Also I think basically what half of you said : /
You-Know-Who
04/14/2008 10:09 PM (UTC)
I'd like it put into perspective just how powerful Ermac is. He is comprised of warrior souls...so does that mean he's like a one man army?
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
04/14/2008 10:44 PM (UTC)
Sindel and Jade not only need more exploration but deserve it since they're constantly ruined by being Kitana's shadows. Seems like they've never gotten a real chance to have real and creative storylines due to her. Mileena is also overshadowed by Kitana, story-wise, but she has gotten decent, elaborate stories in the past.
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
04/14/2008 10:45 PM (UTC)
QueenSindel(TheBitch) Wrote:
Sindel and Jade not only need more exploration but deserve it since they're constantly ruined by being Kitana's shadows. Seems like they've never gotten a real chance to have real and creative storylines due to her. Mileena is also overshadowed by Kitana, story-wise, but she has gotten decent, elaborate stories in the past.

Tanya to. She said, she's lived centuries because of her decisions. I wanna see what decision she makes to keep her self alive until MK8. smile
RaginRep08
04/16/2008 09:45 PM (UTC)
I approve with you QueenSindel(TheBitch) on your concept of Sindel and Jade....and well, Mileena.

I think that Ashrah needs to be explored more. By reading her MKA ending (which might not be canon), anyways it says..." The power of Blaze purified Ashrah completely; she was transformed into a being of divine light". So I have a hunch that she may be the one who bends light.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.