-Brad-
04/15/2008 01:37 AM (UTC)
mastachief2005 Wrote:
LOL haha wow man photoshop is pretty amazing!!! I wonder did they use CS2 or CS3 on this one because obviously the background is from superman returns with superman looking down,with Shao Kahn Pasted smooth on top of him. Look at the crappy quality on that!! His head is almost in Shao's hand!! HAHA And the Batman, duh!! They obviously have pasted him on there as well!! Please stop posting this BS on here, Ed Boon said they were going to go darker, OMG since when was Superman dark?? Seriously guys if you actually believe this crap you deserved to be slapped, stabbed, killed, and hanged on the wall as a trophy kill because this is ridiculous.

MK vs. D.C. rumors=priceless stupidity.

Not saying I believe this, but that doesn’t really prove anything.

The only part worth a glance is:

In preparation for Midway Gamer's Day, that is in just a few days, Midway has added the next Mortal Kombat game in the list of titles that are going to be released in the second half of the year. The game is listed as:
Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe

Fairly sure someone at MKsecrets could’ve made that picture to give a quick visual.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
04/15/2008 01:57 AM (UTC)
Oh...My...God...

I sure as sh** hope this isnt true, lol.
mastachief2005
04/15/2008 01:59 AM (UTC)
I would love to see this list from Midway stating that it will be MK vs DC because if it is, I am done with midway.
MiNeOuT
About Me
04/15/2008 02:00 AM (UTC)
Where's my rope...
GrotesquetheBeast
About Me
I need a new sig, something with Kabal from UMK3 would be sweet. Just imagine that here
04/15/2008 02:04 AM (UTC)
this game is going to kick ass.
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
04/15/2008 02:09 AM (UTC)
Batman the "DARK" Knight. tongue
BigHeadAl
04/15/2008 02:09 AM (UTC)
A couple quick things I want to say... (completely disregarding whether this information is true OR false at all, a MK vs DC game...)

I am all for a MK vs DC crossover game and I love when companies try new things (assuming its done extremely well.) I'm not big into comics or like too many of the DC characters much, but ive looked at some of the newer DC covers and stuff lately and it seems like alot of them have dark storylines now, like evil versions of DC characters (again i know jack shit about comics, thats just what it looks like to me)
I know I've seen zombie marvel characters for that matter.

If that is the case, MK vs DC would work I think as long as the DC characters had kind of an, I don't know... American McGee, or Clive Barker look to them...

But, the game must have fatalities, period.... And I know some of the characters aren't supposed to die, like Superman, but... who gives a flying fuck? these aren't real people, they're fictional... do fatalities and deaths in storylines over and over again keep MK characters from coming back? NO! And that's what makes it so much fun, It's fiction! Would it be any fun if every single character in MK history was an average joe with no powers or abilities whatsoever? I don't play it because it's realistic, I play it because the game's ideas can go as far as the imagination can... Why can't I murder a DC character in the game if I want to? I guess my question to all the people who hate this idea is... what IF you could beat Batman with his own leg?

Completely disregard whether or not it makes sense for superman to die, or if DC would never allow it... but it is a possibility, isn't it? Don't write it off completely just yet.

Alot of people are against this idea, but if you really hate dc and some of the characters like superman, would anything feel better than ripping superman's spine out of his back or toastying his ass to a burning crisp? I'm all fucking for it. How about finishing moves for the DC characters? I think if the characters from both franchises had finishers that worked on any character regardless of what side they were from, and everything had a dark gritty look... Why not? DC does house some very memorable characters...

Sorry for the foul language, I'm just trying to look at the brighter side of things if this happens, and I'm very pumped for news.

I do concur on one note... If its crossover, and there are no fatalities, I will be crushed... we already got generic ones in armageddon, I'm ready for cinematic gore that will almost make you puke it looks so real... that's what I'm looking for. Basically if it was in my hands and I was head hancho at midway, I would of said... okay, we'll do an MK vs DC game absolutely, but only if they will let their characters be finished, have finishers, and look dark and moody... if not, tell them to piss off and we'll make MK the way it's supposed to be because we change for no one.

Just try and keep open minds, thats all im saying =). Again, I'm not defending either side. But the possibilities do make me drool... if done right.

~end rant

Oh and for the record, I read somewhere else that superman can't die so they would never let him be killed in an mk game (and I never said they will) but superman did die, he fell off a horse and was paralyzed... remember?
Onaga
04/15/2008 02:12 AM (UTC)
JEES every one is just trying to push this stupidity onto us in these last few days befor they're put in there places as being LIARS ! Its to bad they havent caught on that NO one with a brain is buying into this crap !
As for who ever created that absolutely STUPID rumor will disapear
after we are shown what most of us allready know( me being included in that small percent of people) which is that this is a Mortal Kombat game not a ridiculous Vs game!
Now people we all know it stop buying into it this absurdity of MK vs Dc .
Use your brain you know there is no way in hell it will happen.
The only reason some one made the connection was because Street Fighter got to Vs Marvel.
This is just seriously starting to PISS ME OFF ! LISTEN TO ME ! THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THIS WILL TURN OUT TO BE TRUE DON'T EVEN THINK "if this is actually true or oh god I hope this is not true" THERE SHOULD NOT BE A SHRED OF DOUBT IN YOUR MIND THAT IT WOULD EVER POSIBLY HAPPEN ! EVER ! MKvs DC IS NOT HAPPENING .
MINION
About Me
04/15/2008 02:32 AM (UTC)
^^^ I don't believe in the DC thing. I just find it funny, to see it still going on. So I'm adding Insult to Injury. smile
Tekunin_General
About Me

04/15/2008 02:44 AM (UTC)
as somebody pointed out, not sure if its related

"www.mkvsdc.com"

"unders onstruction, coming soon"

I seriosly hope that this isnt true. I'l hesistate my reactions until i see the game tho.
cyberdog
About Me

http://i39.tinypic.com/24l4jk6.jpg

04/15/2008 02:46 AM (UTC)
The answer was in plain site all along,the two earths on noob.com was to symbolise worlds colliding.
Anyone who knows dc should know the multiverse with alternate earths. All the animal pictures and crosswords were done to send us on a goose chase.
Shaggsta
04/15/2008 03:33 AM (UTC)
-Brad- Wrote:
mastachief2005 Wrote:
LOL haha wow man photoshop is pretty amazing!!! I wonder did they use CS2 or CS3 on this one because obviously the background is from superman returns with superman looking down,with Shao Kahn Pasted smooth on top of him. Look at the crappy quality on that!! His head is almost in Shao's hand!! HAHA And the Batman, duh!! They obviously have pasted him on there as well!! Please stop posting this BS on here, Ed Boon said they were going to go darker, OMG since when was Superman dark?? Seriously guys if you actually believe this crap you deserved to be slapped, stabbed, killed, and hanged on the wall as a trophy kill because this is ridiculous.

MK vs. D.C. rumors=priceless stupidity.

Not saying I believe this, but that doesn’t really prove anything.

The only part worth a glance is:

In preparation for Midway Gamer's Day, that is in just a few days, Midway has added the next Mortal Kombat game in the list of titles that are going to be released in the second half of the year. The game is listed as:
Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe

Fairly sure someone at MKsecrets could’ve made that picture to give a quick visual.

Yea but if you go to any of the gaming websites like IGN or Midway Games they don't have shit on it. Soooo I don't see where these people are pulling info besides their own Asses...

furious
Tekunin_General
About Me

04/15/2008 03:47 AM (UTC)

On second thaught, I dont think I can buy this and feel like an MK fan if this really happens.

Stop torturing me!tongue
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

04/15/2008 03:48 AM (UTC)
MINION Wrote:
These next few day's are gonna be hell for us MK Devotee's. I can see it already.

Hopefully it's just a very late sick april fool's joke...
SubMan799
04/15/2008 04:04 AM (UTC)
Batman vs. Sub-Zero

'nuff said. The story has already been butchered in the last three years from MKA and MKSM, might as well have this.

Also, I doubt this is true. Unless I see concrete evidence from a Midway official, I won't believe this
MINION
About Me
04/15/2008 04:19 AM (UTC)
SubMan799 Wrote:
Batman vs. Sub-Zero

'nuff said. The story has already been butchered in the last three years from MKA and MKSM, might as well have this.

Also, I doubt this is true. Unless I see concrete evidence from a Midway official, I won't believe this

Deathstroke vs. Scorpion
Mr. Freeze vs. Sub-Zero
Bane vs. Noob
Harley Quinn vs. Nitara
Killer Croc vs. Reptile
Steel vs. Jaxx
Deadshot vs. Kano
Gorilla Grodd vs Moloch
Lobo vs. Reiko
Firestorm vs. Blaze
Dooms Day vs. Onaga
Black Adam vs. Raiden
Red Tornado vs. Fujin
Two Face vs. Drahmin
Metamorpho vs. Shang Tsung
The Penguin vs. Bo' Rai Cho
Killer Frost vs. Frost
Black Canary vs. Sindel

smile
_RaptoraS_
04/15/2008 05:02 AM (UTC)
MINION Wrote:
SubMan799 Wrote:
Batman vs. Sub-Zero

Deathstroke vs. Scorpion
Mr. Freeze vs. Sub-Zero
Bane vs. Noob
Harley Quinn vs. Nitara
Killer Croc vs. Reptile
Steel vs. Jaxx
Deadshot vs. Kano
Gorilla Grodd vs Moloch
Lobo vs. Reiko
Firestorm vs. Blaze
Dooms Day vs. Onaga
Black Adam vs. Raiden
Red Tornado vs. Fujin
Two Face vs. Drahmin
Metamorpho vs. Shang Tsung
The Penguin vs. Bo' Rai Cho
Killer Frost vs. Frost
Black Canary vs. Sindel

smile

mk9 will be a warnerbros cartoon vs mk

bugs bunny vs scorpion
mpip mpip road runer vs liu kang zombi
yosamiti sam vs borai cho
willie coyete vs sub-zero
porki vs rayden
elmer fant vs noob saibot

I believe they maked up this shit because they wanted to add some hits to their page. The "we are creating a very SERIOUS , dark and griddy mk we WILL NOT MAKE JOKES to this one" part doesn't fit.
And ofcourse IF I say IF 1 in a million this turns out to be true we all know the mk series are over. MK vs Barbie universe.
ErmaSco
04/15/2008 05:42 AM (UTC)
Now this has gone too far ....

First you have spent the rumor .Second you have brought some one to help you .Third you are trying to build a site to fool us all ...

Well It doesnt matter it is only 2 days left and we will see then the truth .

I begin to think that it is all Midway trick the insider source is making falls information and those people who has conection with them are fooling us .

No way could this www.mkvsdc.com be an official site for the coming game .
I never seen such a way to creat an official game site .COs dont start to build a site until the game is ofiicialy reaveled .

Just hold your breath for 2 days and we will see furious @ cyberdog: It is funny that you are the one who always come with things but if you or your party created that site http://www.mkvsdc.com/ then please dont show us your face again .
Gambid
About Me

Mortal Kombat Secrets
www.mksecrets.net
Gambid

04/15/2008 07:04 AM (UTC)
We never said that the image was official, because it is not, and I think that this is pretty clear.

But the news comes from midway directly. If it is fake, then someone at Midway has a pretty good sense of humor.

I have to agree with all of you who don't like the idea for a Versus game.

_RaptoraS_
04/15/2008 07:27 AM (UTC)
Gambit did the employer who informed you looked like the guy below?
ErmaSco
04/15/2008 07:28 AM (UTC)
Gambid Wrote:
We never said that the image was official, because it is not, and I think that this is pretty clear.

But the news comes from midway directly. If it is fake, then someone at Midway has a pretty good sense of humor.

I have to agree with all of you who don't like the idea for a Versus game.

Did it come to you directly from midway or there is some one between you ?

I still think that putting something in your site which is not officialy confirmed is wrong .Just look at how many fans will see you as rumors source .

Anyway MK8 wont be a crossover game wink
firesnake
04/15/2008 07:33 AM (UTC)
I had a sleep over with Ed Boon yesterday and while we were eating pizza he told me only me (don't know why I must be the chosen one) that mk will have faires and penguins wearing sweaters in the game.grin
Gambid
About Me

Mortal Kombat Secrets
www.mksecrets.net
Gambid

04/15/2008 07:58 AM (UTC)
"Did the employer who informed you looked like the guy below?"

No, there was no employer.

"Did it come to you directly from midway or there is some one between you ?

I still think that putting something in your site which is not officialy confirmed is wrong .Just look at how many fans will see you as rumors source .

Anyway MK8 wont be a crossover game "

The news came from midway directly.

I totally agree with you about putting unofficial/unconfirmed things online. Don't forget we have been around for 6 years. What possible reason could we have to put something online that will ruin the trust of the visitors we have.
ErmaSco
04/15/2008 08:31 AM (UTC)
Gambid Wrote:
"Did the employer who informed you looked like the guy below?"

No, there was no employer.

"Did it come to you directly from midway or there is some one between you ?

Anyway MK8 wont be a crossover game "

The news came from midway directly.

I totally agree with you about putting unofficial/unconfirmed things online. Don't forget we have been around for 6 years. What possible reason could we have to put something online that will ruin the trust of the visitors we have.

You have just did ...

Your way to say it seems it is officialy confirmed .It is said you have also posted a faked movie from you tube and lately you have announced it is faked .

While the site will be remembered as the fastest to get the news .It will also remembered as the fastest to get rumors .
Dont get me wrong it is right (perhaps )good for you o put these news but you must always say that it is not confirmed , not officialy or it may be rumors or any word to say that this not 100% true .
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.