The TRUTH about MK vs DC
posted04/17/2008 07:38 PM (UTC)by
reptilz
Im tired of seeing everyone get upset and not being able to figure out the whole truth to all this.

I have a friend that works for midway...blah blah blah yea I know you heard it all before. Once you read my post you will know im telling the truth.

My friend could also loose his job if he was caught but there really is no way for him to get caught since I will not release his name nor mine. There is tons of staff at midway and any of them could relaese info. So midway dont bother trying to figure out who I am.

Ok here are the FACTS!

There is going to be a MK vs DC game, but not the way everyone is thinking. You know how Mortal Kombat Deception was later released for the GameCube and had Shao Kahn and Goro. And Mortal Kombat Armagedon came out for the Wii later with Khameleon.

Well this time around Mortal Kombat 8 will not be able to be released for the Nintendo Wii. As Mortal Kombat 8 is going to use the Unreal 3 Engine and the Nintendo Wii cannot run the Unreal 3 Engine. (Dont believe me, look it up)

So b/c of this there going to release an eclusive Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe game just for the Nintendo Wii. This is very easily going to be done as they already have the Engine (MKA Engine) and all the MK characters already made. They just have to make the DC characters and DC backgrounds and pick out there favorite MKA characters and bam, have an eclusive game for the Wii that was very easy to make. And its perfect for testing grounds on a VS game in the future. Also the T rating is something DC and Nintendo wanted. Which means its going to be MKA style fighting but no blood or fatalitys.

But dont worry guys...The real Mortal Kombat 8 is still being made and its going to be realistic and gory and for xbox 360 and PS3.

Also the date 8/8/08 on www.noob.com is not the release date for MK8 its the release date for Nintendo Wii's MK vs DC.

I hope this clears all the crap up on the web. We will see a little info very soon but not all the info I just gave up. Im also going to try to get more info. I personally wont purchase this MK vs DC crap..its just a way for them to make fast easy money. Basicly just picture MKA with only about half the MK characters and the other characters are replaced with DC characters and no fatalitys (even though MKA fatalitys sucked anyway). So a crapper Version of MKA...YA!

Until next time...Im out!
cruelladoi
04/15/2008 04:46 PM (UTC)
I too have a friend which works for Midway, and told me that your friend is fucking with you.

Anyway, seriously now, I am amazed to see how many people here have interns at gaming magazines and Midway.
ErmaSco
04/15/2008 04:54 PM (UTC)
reptilz Wrote:
Im tired of seeing everyone get upset and not being able to figure out the whole truth to all this.

I have a friend that works for midway...blah blah blah yea I know you heard it all before. Once you read my post you will know im telling the truth.

My friend could also loose his job if he was caught but there really is no way for him to get caught since I will not release his name nor mine. There is tons of staff at midway and any of them could relaese info. So midway dont bother trying to figure out who I am.

Ok here are the FACTS!

There is going to be a MK vs DC game, but not the way everyone is thinking. You know how Mortal Kombat Deception was later released for the GameCube and had Shao Kahn and Goro. And Mortal Kombat Armagedon came out for the Wii later with Khameleon.

Well this time around Mortal Kombat 8 will not be able to be released for the Nintendo Wii. As Mortal Kombat 8 is going to use the Unreal 3 Engine and the Nintendo Wii cannot run the Unreal 3 Engine. (Dont believe me, look it up)

So b/c of this there going to release an eclusive Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe game just for the Nintendo Wii. This is very easily going to be done as they already have the Engine (MKA Engine) and all the MK characters already made. They just have to make the DC characters and DC backgrounds and pick out there favorite MKA characters and bam, have an eclusive game for the Wii that was very easy to make. And its perfect for testing grounds on a VS game in the future. Also the T rating is something DC and Nintendo wanted. Which means its going to be MKA style fighting but no blood or fatalitys.

But dont worry guys...The real Mortal Kombat 8 is still being made and its going to be realistic and gory and for xbox 360 and PS3.

Also the date 8/8/08 on www.noob.com is not the release date for MK8 its the release date for Nintendo Wii's MK vs DC.

I hope this clears all the crap up on the web. We will see a little info very soon but not all the info I just gave up. Im also going to try to get more info. I personally wont purchase this MK vs DC crap..its just a way for them to make fast easy money. Basicly just picture MKA with only about half the MK characters and the other characters are replaced with DC characters and no fatalitys (even though MKA fatalitys sucked anyway). So a crapper Version of MKA...YA!

Until next time...Im out!

I can breath easily now sleepsleep
Thnx very ver much for this info if it is right .
Did not you guys read the word Wii in the noob.com wink
So after 2 days which info we will get .will it be about MK8 or this crap?
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
04/15/2008 05:01 PM (UTC)
Anyone close to the comics side of this knows DC is fiercely protective of their properties. Sure, they might license them to Midway for a pretty damn average game, but letting their properties touch the MK universe? HIGHLY unlikely, bordering on impossible.

I'll be very shocked if this turns out to be anything but a really stupid rumor, presumably spun out of the afformentioned licensing... Otherwise it's entirely implausible.
Shinomune
04/15/2008 06:10 PM (UTC)
¿MK8 (PS360) = MK vs DC?

Wu-TangStyle
04/15/2008 06:12 PM (UTC)
i have to admit - this sounds more reasonable then the other threads. Though i believe its all fake news - "I have a friend at midway too! So does my cousin, my cousins best friend, my cousins best friends, friends girlfriend and her granny does too!"

I don't think a midway employer would spoil the fun about MK8 so gtfo the forums please.

On a serious note;
Unreal Engine for Wii (not being made by epic though)
http://www.wiiwii.tv/2007/11/26/unreal-engine-3-coming-to-wii-how-will-they-fit-it-all-in/

The MK devs quite possibly wouldn't release an MK game with no fatalities, or blood and gore - MK 1 did that for the snes and that sucked like shit.

If you are right, ill eat my hat (and film it on youtube for you guys), my hunch tells me this is false news though.
MoodyShooter
About Me

Dedicated, hopeless...Li Mei fan.

04/15/2008 06:18 PM (UTC)
Rumors are always bullshit until proved otherwise. Everyone needs to chill out and just wait for the upcoming news.
ShoeUnited
About Me

Puto, ergo non est deus
Non opus est, si pretium non habetis.

04/15/2008 06:20 PM (UTC)
I know a guy who knows a guy etc. etc. etc.

-Shoe
Adam Ronin
04/15/2008 06:21 PM (UTC)
My friend works at midway too. So does my Dad. And my dead fuckin grandma. They all said MK8 will just feature mini games of Kitana using Batman action figures as dildos. Thus MK vs DC.
superRob
04/15/2008 06:44 PM (UTC)
as far as I'm concerned if it's not MK vs Battletoads vs Bill & Ted vs Transformers then i'm not buying.
ErmaSco
04/15/2008 06:44 PM (UTC)
I still must say that he put the finest rumor
I can believe this but cant for the others .Still non official infos yet .

By the way
The word DNA can be found in the crossword so it really means that the game has something with the DC stupid charcter since their DNA has many changes .

Also the word Wii can be found in the crossword .

If this crappy game is has been made then I hope this rumor is true .
Onaga
04/15/2008 07:15 PM (UTC)
wow........................

Do you honestly expect us the believe that HORS SHI** as a matter of fact do any of you who try and add more wood to this MK VS DC rumor fire expect us vets to believe this CRAP !
JohnBoyAdvance
04/15/2008 07:22 PM (UTC)
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
My friend works at midway too. So does my Dad. And my dead fuckin grandma. They all said MK8 will just feature mini games of Kitana using Batman action figures as dildos. Thus MK vs DC.

Sold.
Shinomune
04/15/2008 07:30 PM (UTC)
Well, a Midway member confirmed to us the existence of the MK vs DC... but while I don't believe it (or rather I believe that it's a part of the viral marketing), it's known that the next MK to be released is the MK vs DC ... but probably, it's because the MK8 is released later to this crossover game, and the problem resides in that some poeple associate in wrong way "next game = MK8"...
Shin_Akuma
04/15/2008 07:37 PM (UTC)
Dude, you aren't bullshitting anybody, I'm sorry. You're terrible at this.
_RaptoraS_
04/15/2008 07:42 PM (UTC)
why nobody put evidence on their rumors?
Don't you have cell phones with cameras?
Can't your friend's best friend's father friend of 3rd cousin who has a friend that work at Midway sent an mms to you so you can post it?
How do you expect to believe your rumors?
I am not calling anyone a liar but Neither I can call him trustworthy.
ErmaSco
04/15/2008 07:46 PM (UTC)
Shinomune Wrote:
Well, a Midway member confirmed to us the existence of the MK vs DC... but while I don't believe it (or rather I believe that it's a part of the viral marketing), it's known that the next MK to be released is the MK vs DC ... but probably, it's because the MK8 is released later to this crossover game, and the problem resides in that some poeple associate in wrong way "next game = MK8"...

Thats it .But I would love if this rumor is true because if it is true then MK8 will be saved from such stupidity from DC and may even get released very soon as MK VS DC is supposed just to be an updated version of MKA according to this rumor .
Shinomune
04/15/2008 08:00 PM (UTC)
About us, we only have a confirmation from a Midway member. We don't see any more things except his e-mail reply.
Asesino
About Me
04/15/2008 08:19 PM (UTC)
Raptorz putted it very well.I beleive him more than the other "insiders" , still not blindly.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
04/15/2008 08:27 PM (UTC)
Im not saying I believe it. But I hope its true.

considering the website "www.mkvsdc.com is "coming soon" unless theres some huge misunderstanding, there is a mk and dc related game in production as of my best guess. I am hoping that it is seperate from MK8.

Boon said hes going darker, grittier, starting fresh. How is a vs game starting fresh? it makes no plot jump or progression. It just doesnt all add up.

I would believe this rumor over the rest. Because it makes more sense and lines up with the facts better. I dont want an mk vs dc game, but if there is, i would rather it be under these terms described.

-Casselman
_JRF_
04/15/2008 08:37 PM (UTC)
I think redsaleen broke this info months ago....noone listened then

This is his quote

"as far as story, there is no mk story, all of your favs will be dead. shang will beat blaze and kill everyone like the story goes. hence earthrealm will need people to defend it, enter the justice league. "
That sounds pretty dark to me...all your favorites are dead....earthrealm destroyed almost.... i cant wait!!!
MiNeOuT
About Me
04/15/2008 08:49 PM (UTC)
As long as this MK VS DC is separate from MK8, I have no real problems with it.
MoodyShooter
About Me

Dedicated, hopeless...Li Mei fan.

04/15/2008 08:51 PM (UTC)
_JRF_ Wrote:
I think redsaleen broke this info months ago....noone listened then

This is his quote

"as far as story, there is no mk story, all of your favs will be dead. shang will beat blaze and kill everyone like the story goes. hence earthrealm will need people to defend it, enter the justice league. "

That sounds pretty dark to me...all your favorites are dead....earthrealm destroyed almost....

i cant wait!!!

Eh, doesn't make sense. First, where the hell were the Justice League all this time? Was Raiden on crack the entire time when he chose his fighters for every threat Earthrealm faced?

I'm sorry but I'd rather have the fucking Man of Steel or the Dark Knight fighting for Earthrealm long before I'd even consider people like Liu Kang.

The only way it could theoretically make sense is if say Shang Tsung as you say beats Blaze and becomes a god, then proceeds to defeat not only every realm but alternate universes as well. If they make the distinction that the JL Earthrealm is not the same Earthrealm everybody has been fighting over since like forever...that could work.

I still say though that it's a bad idea.
Asesino
About Me
04/15/2008 09:37 PM (UTC)
Woaah. Justice League ? Thats scarry. I like it more and more. Im going to screw MK8 and buy this VS game.It will be so much kooler.
McDaniel
About Me

Creator of John the MK Janitor.

04/15/2008 09:46 PM (UTC)
Im soooo telling Ed!! Haha, you know who this is.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.