MK/DC Similarities
posted04/24/2008 02:21 PM (UTC)by
-Brad-
Sub-Zero/Batman
- Doesn’t kill (besides the Tarkatans)
- Similar personality (withdrawn, stern, cold, strict)
- A mentor/teacher (Frost, Huntress/Robin/Batgirl)

Quan Chi/Joker
- Nihilism
- Physically (white skin)

Raiden (pre MKD) or Fujin/Superman
- Not human, yet has a strong will to protect the earth
- Powers of a god

Ermac or Kenshi/Green Lantern
- Their powers, on their max, Ermac and Kenshi could probably create what the Green Lantern can do.
XiahouDun84
04/20/2008 03:18 AM (UTC)
Shao Kahn/Darkseid
- uber-powerful god-like beings
- rulers of desolate a wasteland
- wish to conquer Earth

Kitana/Wonder Woman
- warrior princesses
- both show hints of slight superiority complex
Gillbob316
04/20/2008 03:37 AM (UTC)
The fact that your first descriptive quality for a Mortal Kombat character was "Doesn't Kill" leads me to the conclusion that you are misguided...

EVERY Mortal Kombat character kills!

The last two words of any fight before the winner is declared are "Finish Him!"

They're 1 step away from being required by law to commit murder at the end of any sporting event!
-Brad-
04/20/2008 04:14 AM (UTC)
Gillbob316 Wrote:
The fact that your first descriptive quality for a Mortal Kombat character was "Doesn't Kill" leads me to the conclusion that you are misguided...

Supposedly Sub-Zero sparing his opponent’s life is what made Scorpion realize this was a different Sub-Zero, because he wasn’t as ruthless as his brother.

But if he does currently, I imagine it's because he has to. (storyline wise at least)
PapaRoachFan
04/20/2008 04:40 AM (UTC)
Killer Croc/Reptile
- duh
-Brad-
04/23/2008 07:28 AM (UTC)
Shang Tsung/Ra’s Al Ghul
- Both have to continuously strive to stay immortal
- Far older than they look

Mileena/Bizarro
- Intended to mimik/replace who they were cloned after
- Physically deformed

Sonya/Hawkgirl
- Hot headed
- Brash

Scorpion/Spectre
- Spirit of Vengeance

PS: I’m not expecting all the ones I list to make it in the game.
sitebender
About Me

Test your Mortal Kombat trivia with 6 levels of difficulty: http://sitebender.deviantart.com/art/Mortal-Kombat-Trivia-Generator-75305107

04/23/2008 11:56 AM (UTC)
I made an MK4, 5, & 6 screenplay for my semester project. My professor had this to say:

Liu Kang / Luke Skywalker

Shao Kahn / Darth Vader

Raiden / Obi Wan Kanobe

Kitana / Princess Laya

Bo Rai Cho / R2D2 (instead of whistles, Bo farts)

Sub Zero / Han Solo

Scorpion / Wookie

Baraka / Bobo Fett

He went on and on. He was unfamiliar with the Mortal Kombat universe, but he said it sounded a lot like Star Wars
AngelOfTheFallen
04/24/2008 01:20 AM (UTC)
How the fuck does he get Chewie from Sub-Zero and Scorpion from Han Solo? Are you sure he's not on meth like other professors?
XiahouDun84
04/24/2008 01:25 AM (UTC)
sitebender Wrote:
I made an MK4, 5, & 6 screenplay for my semester project. My professor had this to say:
Liu Kang / Luke Skywalker
Shao Kahn / Darth Vader
Raiden / Obi Wan Kanobe
Kitana / Princess Laya
Bo Rai Cho / R2D2 (instead of whistles, Bo farts)
Sub Zero / Han Solo
Scorpion / Wookie
Baraka / Bobo Fett
He went on and on. He was unfamiliar with the Mortal Kombat universe, but he said it sounded a lot like Star Wars

Mortal Kombat has many simularities to Star Wars...but those are way off.
massdeath
04/24/2008 01:26 AM (UTC)
Joker and Havik.

Unpredictable, anarchists, who behave merely for their own enjoyment at the carnage they cause. Neither has empathy.
Chrome
About Me

04/24/2008 01:20 PM (UTC)
massdeath Wrote:
Joker and Havik.

Unpredictable, anarchists, who behave merely for their own enjoyment at the carnage they cause. Neither has empathy.

Not true.

Havik has allegiance to one thing only: to cause utter chaos. He has a precise goal of achievement, whereas the Joker constantly reinvents his personality each day, and is a slave to his own madness (or not, depending on the Todd-Red Hood observation the Joker is far more less insane than he pretends to be). Havik has commitment and zeal. Joker has nothing he just gets with the flow.

Similar, but opposites on the same turf.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
04/24/2008 02:21 PM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:
Havik has allegiance to one thing only: to cause utter chaos. He has a precise goal of achievement, whereas the Joker constantly reinvents his personality each day, and is a slave to his own madness (or not, depending on the Todd-Red Hood observation the Joker is far more less insane than he pretends to be). Havik has commitment and zeal. Joker has nothing he just gets with the flow.

Similar, but opposites on the same turf.

The theory of Joker's 'super psyche' is, by design, a concept design to make a compromise between the many varying interpretations of the character. In it's very essence it proposes a sense of awareness and connection between the many personalities, and is less about the Joker being a slave to insanity, and more about a sense of super-sanity.

The irony of Chaos as a purpose aside; the pursuit of anarchy through specific means is pretty common between the two. Even if there's substantially more variation in the Joker's over sixty year history.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.