MK vs DC - Character Alternate Outfits.
posted07/09/2008 05:03 AM (UTC)by
Tyrant-Cenobite
(If there is already a significant thread on this, then do close. If not, then could we have this as a sticky? So people can discuss outfits without trawling through the pages)

Okay.

Alternate outfits for the characters. What would you like to see?

Maybe have DC design an alternate outfit for the MK characters? In their vision, and have the MK Team do the same with the DC characters?

How many outfits are we anticipating? Just two? Perhaps three? DOA can do it, so MKvsDC should be no less ample.

My idea's for alternates.

MK Characters -

SONYA- Something like a mixture between her MKDA and her MK:SM outfits. Like maybe have long, flowing hair akin to MKDA, with her belly piercing and outfit from MK:SM? Maybe altering the outfit here and there. Or maybe even have a third outfit, being completely faithful to her MK3 design.

SHANG TSUNG- Without a doubt, he should have his MKDA outfit. Not only did it make him look absolutely wicked, it kept in regard of his nature. The outfit would look fantastic in next-gen and imagine how good it would look shredded to pieces with the new damage-system!?

SUB-ZERO - Something with the Medallion attached to him, maybe being more Lin-Kuei Grandmaster like? More regal perhaps?

SCORPION - Take him completely back to basics with his MK3 outfit? Or go the whole nine yards and go for something completely unexpected? Yet, still Scorpion-esque.

DC Characters:

BATMAN: Okay, now he needs his movie-esque outfit. ALL black, as it is the most reminicsent look of his. I don't think he needs the yellow bat logo on his chest. Just go for all black, and give it some detailing, maybe his logo could be silver? Or perhaps red? But definitely go with the movie-esque Batman design.

SUPERMAN: Anything but bright, sunny colours. Maybe an alternate I saw for him on here awhile back. Where his body was all black, with a red and silver logo, along with silver/red gloves/boots and a red cape? More fitting than what he is wearing right now.

CATWOMAN: Two words. BATMAN RETURNS. That outfit was completely GORGEOUS. Just the overall presentation of it screams Catwoman! The glossy black catsuit, to the claws on her fingertips; to the fantastic stitching detail. It was Purrrfect! Add to that the smokey eyeliner and the blood-red lipstick and perhaps the paler skin alas Michelle Phieffer; then perhaps we would have the best alternate outfit; if not the best Catwoman interpretation ever!

THE FLASH - Don't know enough of him to decipher an alternate outfit.

Your thoughts? Suggestions?

TheAdder
07/07/2008 10:58 PM (UTC)
There actually is already a 3-4 page long topic about this, but it seems to have sunk into the depths of the forum.
Deathbearer
07/07/2008 10:59 PM (UTC)
there is a topic on this but I'm too lazy to look for it so yeh.

I actually tried to make one about this but it got closed because there was already an alt costume thread.
Tyrant-Cenobite
07/07/2008 11:02 PM (UTC)
Deathbearer Wrote:
there is a topic on this but I'm too lazy to look for it so yeh.

I actually tried to make one about this but it got closed because there was already an alt costume thread.

Yeah, thats what I mean. If the other thread wherever it is gets ressurected then close this, or if the mods want to close it now then thats fine!
tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
07/07/2008 11:04 PM (UTC)
For Sonya, I agree on her having a cross between the MKDA primary and MKSM outfits. It would be cool to see her with her hair down as well.

For Shang, I wouldn't mind his MKDA outfit but I feel it should be something new. Whatever it is, the one thing I would like to see is a swarm of souls orbiting his body which he can absorb during the fight. They could be used to heal him at the end of a round when he loses or just as health recover from time to time. He could summon more if need be. Sorry, I'm running off with ideas again lol!
For Sub-Zero, I'd like an ice costume. MK4 saw his alternate where he had his arms and legs frozen and I loved that. It would be cool to see something like that again. He could even have a normal outfit but with ice armour on it as opposed to metal.
Flaming Skullhead Scorpion (MKDA alt) could return only his whole body could be set alight. Or even better, perhaps do this but remove more flesh so we see a burning skeleton fighting.
I 100% agree about Catwoman having the Batman Returns outfit. It would be amazing! Maybe we could get them to put Michelle Pfeiffer in the game and just be done with it! tongue
07/07/2008 11:08 PM (UTC)
Here we go:

SCORPION

SUB-ZERO
???

SONYA

SHANG TSUNG

FLASH
???

CATWOMAN

BATMAN

SUPERMAN

That's all I got for now.

Tyrant-Cenobite
07/07/2008 11:11 PM (UTC)
That picture posted for Scorpion is very Noob-esque.

Reminds me more of him than Scorpion.

I'm loving your ideas of Sub-Zero by the way Tgrant. Ice Armour would look fantastic!
danadbab
About Me

Hello

07/07/2008 11:13 PM (UTC)
no purple for Kitana even again PLEASE!!

sadly i can see each character only having 2 outfits. the mk team loves to take short cuts.

watch the Recent video of the MK VS DC gameplay. you clearly see every character has the same basic attacks. they even reused the animations in klose kombat those attacks are like MKAs fatality attacks.

sad
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
07/07/2008 11:14 PM (UTC)
The ice armor idea imo would be bad. Not because i don't like it. But Doomsday, and Zhao Yen from Tao Feng both have these. I couldn't imagine another character with it. I wouldn't mind seeing Sub-Zero totally frozen, like ICEMAN from the X-Men 3 movie, during the pyro fight scene towards the end.
tgrant
About Me

07/07/2008 11:18 PM (UTC)
MINION Wrote:
The ice armor idea imo would be bad. Not because i don't like it. But Doomsday, and Zhao Yen from Tao Feng both have these. I couldn't imagine another character with it. I wouldn't mind seeing Sub-Zero totally frozen, like ICEMAN from the X-Men 3 movie though.

I've never played that game and have no idea who they are. An all ice Sub-Zero would be another costume idea. He'd have the Dragon Medallion incorporated in there somewhere. I've got loads of ideas in mind now.. I think I'm getting back into the speculating mood. I might just have to work on something new! grin
TheAdder
07/07/2008 11:18 PM (UTC)
Anyways, just in case this topic becomes official:

Flash Primary:

Wally West

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/images/wally5.gif

Flash Secondary:

Jay Garrick

Or

Wally West's Speed Force Costume

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/bigimages/wally4.jpg

Green Lantern Primary:

Hal Jordan

Green Lantern Secondary:

Parallax

Alan Scott

Kyle Rayner

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/bigimages/kyle1.jpg

Or

Jon Stewart

As for Superman, I agree that he should have his resurrection (black) suit. As long as they don't give him the mullet he had back then *cringes*.

I would love to see John Paul Valley's Batman costume as Bruce's alt.

MINION
About Me
07/07/2008 11:20 PM (UTC)
Zhao Yen, as you can see he had the best ICE design.

07/07/2008 11:21 PM (UTC)
MINION Wrote:
The ice armor idea imo would be bad. Not because i don't like it. But Doomsday, and Zhao Yen from Tao Feng both have these. I couldn't imagine another character with it. I wouldn't mind seeing Sub-Zero totally frozen, like ICEMAN from the X-Men 3 movie, during the pyro fight scene towards the end.

Don't you think ice armor/ coverage is a bit cliche?

Besides, Sub-Zero has been in quite a few games with ice covering is body.
MINION
About Me
07/07/2008 11:23 PM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:
MINION Wrote:

Don't you think ice armor/ coverage is a bit cliche?

Besides, Sub-Zero has been in quite a few games with ice covering is body.

Yes, but never none where it consumed his whole body.
tgrant
About Me

07/07/2008 11:25 PM (UTC)
Another idea I had for Sub-Zero was to have a crown or mask made from ice. It'd had spikes, like icicles on it. For his arm and knee pads, he'd have mini ice spikes on those. Think Batmans spikes on his arms only with ice. It might be a bit over the top but it's a design that could be explored.
Edit: I've just seen that picture you posted of Zhao Yen bro, and he looks pretty badass.
MINION
About Me
07/07/2008 11:27 PM (UTC)
tgrant Wrote:
Another idea I had for Sub-Zero was to have a crown or mask made from ice. It'd had spikes, like icicles on it. For his arm and knee pads, he'd have mini ice spikes on those. Think Batmans spikes on his arms only with ice. It might be a bit over the top but it's a design that could be explored.
Edit: I've just seen that picture you psoted of Zhao Yen bro, and he looks pretty badass.

An Ice mask would be nice. smile

edit* This is how i would like Sub to look under his Lin Kuei outfit:

-Brad-
07/08/2008 01:05 AM (UTC)
Sub-Zero
- Unmasked
- Ancient Armor
- Ice God

Scorpion
- Flaming Skull
- Hanzo Hasashi
- Inferno

Superman
- Godfall
- Black suit from his Resurrection
- Justice Lords (meh, It’s animated, but you get the point.)
- Clark Kent

Batman
- Dark Knight or Begins
- Black infiltration suit (looks like Batman Beyond’s for Wayne)
- Justice Lords
- Bruce Wayne

Sonya
- Special Forces suit, think Snake from MGS. Could even have a helmet/night vision goggles.
- Solider camo
- Spy all in black

Flash
- Jay Garrick
- Reverse Flash

Catwoman
- Pick your choice (I like the bottom left one)

Shang Tsung
- Old
- A look close to the first movie
- An updated look of MKDA
TheAdder
07/08/2008 08:04 PM (UTC)
-Brad- Wrote:
Sub-Zero
Flash
- Jay Garrick
- Reverse Flash

Zoom's costume really wouldn't qualify as an alt, it's just a recolor of Wally's. If two people pick Flash's primary costume they could just have it so that the second player is colored like Zoom.
cloudscollide
07/08/2008 10:48 PM (UTC)
There probably won't even be alternate outfits.
Leo
About Me

07/08/2008 10:56 PM (UTC)
I'll see if I can't get some sketches done ASAP.
07/08/2008 11:04 PM (UTC)
cloudscollide Wrote:

To Hell with that!

There better be alternate costumes, or I'm going straight to 2704 West Roscoe Street Chicago, IL 60618 and file one hell of a complaint!

I don't live too far from there either.
TheAdder
07/08/2008 11:10 PM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:
cloudscollide Wrote:

To Hell with that!

There better be alternate costumes, or I'm going straight to 2704 West Roscoe Street Chicago, IL 60618 and file one hell of a complaint!

I assume that that complaint will becoming from the business end of a shotgun by way of large portions of led.
thecoolscorpion
07/09/2008 05:03 AM (UTC)
TheAdder Wrote:
Riyakou Wrote:
cloudscollide Wrote:

To Hell with that!

I assume that that complaint will becoming from the business end of a shotgun by way of large portions of led.

your totally right with that theadderwink
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.