jbthrash
11/13/2008 03:52 AM (UTC)
Pretty sweet.

Where did you get it?

Please write a review of it.
Thanks.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
11/13/2008 03:53 AM (UTC)
You should come on IRC and spoil storymode for me!
ChrisDVD
11/13/2008 03:57 AM (UTC)
I bought it from a friend of mine. He runs a small shop. they didn't receive the guide yet. Can someone post or PM me the button codes for the Finishers?

Thanks
Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

11/13/2008 03:58 AM (UTC)
Congrats, Im going to try and get mine tomorrow.
travm013
11/13/2008 04:01 AM (UTC)
lucky sad
sunday seems so far away
sub-scropion
About Me

Follow me on Twitter! ---> twitter.com/JayAyEmmyEs

11/13/2008 04:04 AM (UTC)
any first impressions youd like to share?

samus_aran3900
About Me
IRC member DECEPTION
#MicksDesk, #gamiz, #tmk, #mortalkombat
11/13/2008 04:04 AM (UTC)
Congrats i hope i can mine tomorrow or friday. smile
ChrisDVD
11/13/2008 04:45 AM (UTC)
Sub-Zero's Second Fatality:

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
After going into RAGE, he "deep freezes" the opponent, similar to MKII, and then kicks them. Upon the kick the opponent shatters into ice pieces

Ending:
Are 1 screen with subtitles. A narrator comes on and reads the subtitles

Joker's Ending:
He retains his newly gained powers and self-proclaims himself as "Mayor Joker" of Gotham. He holds a tournament in which "contestents" fight each other to the death for his amusement. Upon the end of the tournament, the winner faces off against the Joker.

First Impressions: Some character models, like Kano, look blurry. Controls seem responsive enough, an improvement of that joke of a game MK:A. Graphics look good, not the best but by far not the worst. Some animations are stiff but its minor.
sub-scropion
About Me

Follow me on Twitter! ---> twitter.com/JayAyEmmyEs

11/13/2008 04:47 AM (UTC)
cool, thanx
samus_aran3900
About Me
IRC member DECEPTION
#MicksDesk, #gamiz, #tmk, #mortalkombat
11/13/2008 04:54 AM (UTC)
Someone eles on the. Midway Forums says they have it too here's the link. smile

http://forums.midway.com/mortal_kombat_vs_dc_universe/b10806/29444096/p1/?10
Adam Ronin
11/13/2008 05:26 AM (UTC)
I love this time! I love the anticipation and when it's slowly leaked and people start scoring it!

Just hypes me up even more!!!!!
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

11/13/2008 06:22 AM (UTC)
UGH!!! makes sunday seem that much further out of reach.
WarriorPrincess
11/13/2008 06:28 AM (UTC)
Ooo, lucky bastard! lol.
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

11/13/2008 06:57 AM (UTC)
ChrisDVD Wrote:
Sub-Zero's Second Fatality:

After going into RAGE, he "deep freezes" the opponent, similar to MKII, and then kicks them. Upon the kick the opponent shatters into ice pieces

Ending:
Are 1 screen with subtitles. A narrator comes on and reads the subtitles

Joker's Ending:
He retains his newly gained powers and self-proclaims himself as "Mayor Joker" of Gotham. He holds a tournament in which "contestents" fight each other to the death for his amusement. Upon the end of the tournament, the winner faces off against the Joker.

First Impressions: Some character models, like Kano, look blurry. Controls seem responsive enough, an improvement of that joke of a game MK:A. Graphics look good, not the best but by far not the worst. Some animations are stiff but its minor.

That's the best they could come up with?
Nic-V
11/13/2008 07:06 AM (UTC)
travm013 Wrote:
lucky sad
sunday seems so far away

Yeah yeah just complain I have to wait until Friday in next week wink
WarriorPrincess
11/13/2008 07:12 AM (UTC)
Chris, is this ending you speak of. is this the story mode ending for a
particular side? Or is that the way it ends for characters in Arcade mode?
I hope it the story mode ending isn't a painting. That would suck.
Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

11/13/2008 07:14 AM (UTC)
WarriorPrincess Wrote:
Chris, is this ending you speak of. is this the story mode ending for a
particular side? Or is that the way it ends for characters in Arcade mode?
I hope it the story mode ending isn't a painting. That would suck.

thats the arcade ending, Ed Boon described it in the IGN podcast
ChrisDVD
11/13/2008 07:59 AM (UTC)
Yes, the "painting" is the Arcade Mode ending.

DC Story Ending:

Superman squares off against Raiden in the merged Darkseid Arena. After their fight, Dark Kahn tries to get them to fight each other again. Superman and Raiden each make an attempt at Dark Kahn. After the fight, Dark Kahn poofs up (think Kitana's MKII Fatality) and explodes. The DC Characters reunit (after being in a rumble with the MK Characters) with Superman in Darkseid's Throne Room. The room is no longer split and they come to the conclusion that the worlds are no longer merging and that's it over. Upon hearing a noise, they all investigate by walking toward and looking over the railing down to the lower level. Shao Kahn is there in a daze. He demands they bow down to him and attempts to use a magic attack, possibly his green arrow. It doesn't work and he's confused as to why. The last thing you see is Superman with a smurk on his face noding at Shao Kahn.

Overall, the DC Story wasn't bad. I enjoyed it for what it was. Joker has some fun moments and everyone's appearance and time on screen for the most part seem to be well balanced. Wonder Woman seemed to have more fights.
There are only 9 chapters. You never fight as Catwoman, nor do you fight her in DC Mode but she is there and does play a descent role in the story.

Overall, it feels like Mortal Kombat. Its WAY better than MK:A. The gore level reminds me of the SNES MK game. Except the blood is now red instead of gray. The only complaint I do have is that its really really shallow. After playing DC Story, I don't see any reason to play it again. The only thing MK:DA through MK:A have on this game is the fact there was a reason to turn the game back on. There doesn't seem to be much to unlock. Oh well. Maybe next time.
MoRpHaZe
11/13/2008 08:59 AM (UTC)
Remember though, the online is supposed to be pretty epic for a fighting game. If this turns out to be even nearly true, you'll have plenty of reason for replay value. But... since I'm sure the servers won't be up until Sunday, you'll have to wait like everyone else for that part of the game! (LOL). Oh well. I'm actually glad I am waiting for Sunday, to be honest. Building up the hype makes a game much more satisfying, especially if it does indeed deliver (and this just might).
Shibata
11/13/2008 09:08 AM (UTC)
Would you be kind enough to tell us of any other interesting fatalities? I'd especially like to know what Jax's are, if you've seen them.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
11/13/2008 09:09 AM (UTC)
Any surprise character cameos, or is that it?
judita
About Me

JIHAD.UPON.DESTRUCTION.IN.TOTAL.AGONY

11/13/2008 09:38 AM (UTC)
barakas fatality?
Mortanius
11/13/2008 11:09 AM (UTC)
Show meeee..... Opening fmv!grin please and thank you!
Pages: 6
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.