Do You Even Want New Characters?
posted05/01/2005 05:07 AM (UTC)by
FrostyCold007
I, for one, think it would be almost a better game with no new characters. MK:4 had about 2 or 3 good new characters, which have died out now. MK:DA's new characters are a freaking joke!!! I think MK:6 should just stick with old characters! Who wouldn't enjoy a game with:

-Sonya
-Sub Zero
-Scorpion
-Johnny Cage
-Liu Kang
-Raiden
-Kano
-Baraka
-Jax
-Shao Kahn
-Shang Tsung
-Reptile
-Mileena
-Kitana
-Kung Lao
-Kintaro
-Cyrax
-Kabal
-Motaro
-Nightwolf
-Sektor
-Sheeva
-Sindel
-Smoke
-Stryker
-Ermac
-Noob Saibot
-Rain
-Fujin
-Jarek
-Kai
-Quan Chi
-Reiko
-Shinnok
-Tonya
-Goro
-Bo Rai Cho
-Drahmin
-Mavado
-Frost
-Hsu Hao
-Nitara
-Kenshi
-I can't remember the rest from DA!

But seriously, that's near 40 characters....do you even want new ones or could you stand a game with just those characters? Because lately, the new characters...SUCK! Or maybe I'm dreaming and I'll have to wait for MKTII
RobotSmoke
02/28/2003 03:14 AM (UTC)
If styker and Hsu hao weren't in that list it'd be perfect
azazis
02/28/2003 08:32 AM (UTC)
If you think the newer characters suck, why want them back?
_drazz_
02/28/2003 10:29 AM (UTC)

i think new characters can bring new storylines and refresh mk old stuff. I know Scorpion is a great character, maybe the best ever, but to keep watching him coming and going from netherealm is a bit tiring, at least for me. I think he's definitely done this time.
Frankly, i can't figure out what will be coming in the next mk...but i want new people for sure.
Ecclesiastes
02/28/2003 07:17 PM (UTC)
I think that they should only bring in a new character if they are NECESSARY. Characters like Li Mae and Tsu Ho are examples of unnecessary additions. They should only bring in characters who are memorable, and worth keeping. It keeps the series original, and keeps confusion out.

Speaking of originality. They should also put a stop to dead characters making surprise appearances. This is will definitely make the series stale.
ironsmoke
03/01/2003 02:20 AM (UTC)

robotsmoke Wrote:
If styker and Hsu hao weren't in that list it'd be perfect

HAY! that's not very nice, let's lave the cool cop in, ok?
Ihave5arms
About Me

I never got those Bazooka Joe comics, in the first frame someone says The Sky is Falling and in the second frame some one is getting hit in the head with a rock, and Im sitting there going, What the hell just happened? and before I know it I've swallowed my bubblegum.

03/01/2003 08:08 PM (UTC)
I think they have to have new characters, if you keep using the same ones over and over again the gsames will start to seem all the same, granted some of the characters deserve longer runs than others, and some they didnt give runs to maybe should've been around longer.... but I think you're gonna have to wait for MKTII before yousee some of those guys again
Plus creating new characters gives the creators something to do
The-chosen-one
03/01/2003 11:08 PM (UTC)
i agree, most of the new characters haven't been very impactful and to be totally honest they haven't been very interesting either. i say bring all the characters from past mks for one last showdown and then retire mk for a while.
EarthboyCO2
About Me

Gigateens and Demonstrays official site. Hey, the Gigateens part wasn't my idea of a good title either.

05/01/2005 04:38 AM (UTC)
Darrius, Dairou, Kobra, Li-Mei, and the rest of the new Deception characters are all gay except Shujinko, Kira, Onaga, etc. Shujinko's the hero and Kira's a kinda mix between Kano and Sonya. Bo Rai Cho has the Drunken Fist and throws up all over people, so you can't go wrong with those. Hsu Hao is an assassin. He kills people for money. That's the manliest job ever. I could name bunches of characters that don't blow monkey pole, but mainly the newbs from Deception lick monster balls.
SubScorpTile
05/01/2005 05:03 AM (UTC)
EarthboyCO2 Wrote:
Darrius, Dairou, Kobra, Li-Mei, and the rest of the new Deception characters are all gay except Shujinko, Kira, Onaga, etc. Shujinko's the hero and Kira's a kinda mix between Kano and Sonya. Bo Rai Cho has the Drunken Fist and throws up all over people, so you can't go wrong with those. Hsu Hao is an assassin. He kills people for money. That's the manliest job ever. I could name bunches of characters that don't blow monkey pole, but mainly the newbs from Deception lick monster balls.

yeah man, and on top of that, you just put yourself in the MKO Record books for Oldest. Bump. Ever. Congratulations.

I'm closing this.
EarthboyCO2 Wrote:

Don't reply to threads that aren't in the first 2 pages of the Forum.

Thread closed.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.