SNES MK1: Something I came across.
posted09/12/2009 05:59 AM (UTC)by
RickL
Using the PAR code to play as Shang Tsung, I came across this little trick by accident:

Morphing!

(Note: Code is listed in the link)

Seems that if you hold Forward/Down diagonally and BLK, then let the opponent hit you, the morph will trigger itself on its own. You'll randomly morph into any of the seven original fighters. I have yet to morph into Goro.

I haven't any idea if this is well-known around here or not, since I don't exactly frequent here much anymore, but hey, if it isn't, new trick for you I suppose.
Toastality
09/11/2009 07:31 PM (UTC)
All it's possible with the Action Replay xD...that's cool but I would like to morph to Kintaro in MKII...I think it's possible but I don't know how...
RickL
09/12/2009 05:59 AM (UTC)
It's not so much with the Action Replay as it is the game programming itself. The game automatically has you morph as Shang Tsung when performing certain actions.

On the SNES version, it's doing that. On the Arcade version (if you use MAME cheats, for example), having your opponent hit you with rapid punches will do the same thing...and even has Shang Tsung morph into Goro! However, the CPU takes control of you when that happens though.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.