Reiko's story

Sprite:

Fakes:

Other (you need to click download on the right side to view them):
MK: The Kombat Kontinues
Kombat ensues
Battle for Pit II (added Apr 14, 2011)
Takeover of the final Pit
Video game Armageddon (added Nov. 2, 2011)

read the descriptions underneath each

I will post anything i make in this thread
PS: yes I ask Jerrod if i could bump this thread
Chimera
11/07/2009 01:39 PM (UTC)
can someone comment please?
the_shirt_ninja
11/07/2009 04:53 PM (UTC)
Image quality and panel layout is alright. Punch line came out of nowhere and isn't very funny, if at all.
Kamionero
11/07/2009 11:20 PM (UTC)
Yeah, the quality is pretty crappy, is it a gif? and the speech balloons are all pixelated
Zentile
11/08/2009 01:11 AM (UTC)
Chimera Wrote:

Don't bump your own threads, it's frowned upon in most places.

Anyway, I was surprised by the comic, it's actually pretty decent.
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

11/08/2009 01:19 PM (UTC)
I like it a lot, I'm surprised there weren't more comments originally. I love your use of sprites: specially Shao Kahn's pose while sitting in the throne and having his MKII weapon incorporated, as well as Shang Tsung holding up a skeleton to put souls into. The dialogue and humor itself is good as well.

Like the above user said, the quality of the image isn't that good, it looks a very low quality JPEG, I'd just use PNG next time. Also the word balloon in the "KAHN LIKE MAC" panel has a lot of extra white pixels around it, that's probably not too hard to redo and have it come out much cleaner.

So 7/10 for me, clean up the quality and it'd be an 8.5/10.
Chimera
11/09/2009 01:33 PM (UTC)
Zentile Wrote:
Chimera Wrote:

Don't bump your own threads, it's frowned upon in most places.

Anyway, I was surprised by the comic, it's actually pretty decent.

Sorry about bumping it. its just that no one commented for weeks. as for the quality, i tried saving it as a .gif file w/ photoshop. that reduced the quality. and that bubble "KAHN LIKE MAC!" i tried a screenshot rip of an MS word bubble. bad move also.
Vash_15
About Me
11/10/2009 03:55 AM (UTC)
My favorite part was "KAHN LIKE MAC"
Chimera
01/28/2010 09:15 PM (UTC)
sorry about the bump

Reiko's Story

read descrpition below
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

01/30/2010 12:50 PM (UTC)
I like it. Good use of PNG to produce a better quality comic. While a bit crude and crass, it works, on a number of levels. Nice use of sprites from Mugen (which is something you don't see that often). Keep 'em coming, I say!
Chimera
01/31/2010 11:38 AM (UTC)
personally i think somehow this is what happened to Reiko, since he was a general of Kahn then became Shinnok's general. and what's with the name? sure it sounded cool but it's a GIRLS NAME!

Even Hotaru is a girl's name
RazorsEdge701
02/01/2010 03:03 PM (UTC)
Reiko and Hotaru are only girl's names in Japan.

There is no Japan in Outworld.
Chimera
02/07/2010 10:44 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Reiko and Hotaru are only girl's names in Japan.

There is no Japan in Outworld.

hmm, you're right. but what if Scorpion met Reiko or Hotaru? i wonder if something like this will happen

anyway, though i posted these before, thought i can post these here
LucaTurilli
02/13/2010 08:12 AM (UTC)
The sprites are just simple splices, and done poorly I might add. The first sprite looks as if the character has been stretched out.

None of the body parts match up, I really don't see much if any actual editing. If there is, it didn't do the job of making it seem like I'm looking at one character as opposed to two characters' bodies cut and pasted together.
Chimera
02/13/2010 01:20 PM (UTC)
LucaTurilli Wrote:
The sprites are just simple splices, and done poorly I might add. The first sprite looks as if the character has been stretched out.

None of the body parts match up, I really don't see much if any actual editing. If there is, it didn't do the job of making it seem like I'm looking at one character as opposed to two characters' bodies cut and pasted together.

yeah, i just used paint. i didn't really stretch out anything, just splice them together. They were for a comic i was making
Chimera
02/26/2010 03:01 AM (UTC)
Thought i should post these:

If anyone wants to use them, go ahead. Just credit me
Nemesis316
02/26/2010 01:23 PM (UTC)
Some of the sprite editing is decent (did you make the Reiko sprite?). However the comic itself fails to bring the funny. Graphically, you may wanna try GIMP, that would improve the aesthetic of your comic by a buttload.

2/5
tabmok99
About Me

02/26/2010 04:37 PM (UTC)
Question for you about that Shao Kahn pose. I notice it is identical to one that Tetra Vega made back in Feudal Realms #11. Did you make that pose or did he?
Chimera
02/26/2010 09:29 PM (UTC)
Nemesis316 Wrote:
Some of the sprite editing is decent (did you make the Reiko sprite?). However the comic itself fails to bring the funny. Graphically, you may wanna try GIMP, that would improve the aesthetic of your comic by a buttload.

2/5

No, I didn't make Reiko. He was from MUGEN. My comics are just what I thought happened to Reiko and Ermac. Think about it: Reiko's a japanese girl name and how do you get to the name Ermac? And I already got Photoshop.

]{0MBAT Wrote:
Question for you about that Shao Kahn pose. I notice it is identical to one that Tetra Vega made back in Feudal Realms #11. Did you make that pose or did he?

Wow. I haven't seen that before. I made my sprites myself months ago using the walking and kicking sprites. If he made them years ago, I guess I should credit him since he made them first
Nemesis316
02/26/2010 10:01 PM (UTC)
Chimera Wrote:
Nemesis316 Wrote:

2/5

No, I didn't make Reiko. He was from MUGEN. My comics are just what I thought happened to Reiko and Ermac. Think about it: Reiko's a japanese girl name and how do you get to the name Ermac? And I already got Photoshop.

t

It's not that the jokes don't make sense, it's just the fact that it's not funny. It wasn't executed very well.

Photoshop's even better, so take some time to explore it's possibilities! You can do a lot of wonders in Photoshop, it would really help improve the look of your comic.
tabmok99
About Me

02/27/2010 12:53 AM (UTC)
If that's a coincidence, that's very... odd. I mean, it makes perfect sense to create Shao Kahn seated in that throne. Many others have done the same:

Keeping the Marriage Alive by Arctic
Soda by Deathleech
Shao Kahn, The Pimp (Part 2) by .eternal
Errors of Ermac (Part 19) by JacksonBriggs
MK Kronicles (Part 1) by MKRocket
What Really Happened to Kahn (Part 3) by Ninja_Mime
Untitled Kombat Project (Part 1) by Shadaloo
Kano: Enter the Black Dragon (Part 2) by WeaponLord

But none of these are identical, except for yours and Tetra Vega's.
Chimera
07/26/2010 08:47 AM (UTC)
I think i should've given this a better title

Mortal Kombat: The Kombat Kontinues

Read description below
Jiro
About Me

Kung Lao/Smoke main. Maker of puns and bad jokes.

07/26/2010 03:39 PM (UTC)
IMO there is a LOT going on, and there is one thing that bugs me:

-On the Bottom left, right above Goro's Lair, Kung Lao, Fujin, and a few others seem to be embedded into a wall, and Kung Lao's feet are over the wall to Goro's Lair.

It also looks like you just cut out a bunch of comic's from the Kombat Pavillion and edited them slightly, oh, and maybe a few were from Arctic's custom sprite thread(Like Scorpion's Double Spear).

Over all, it's relatively well done, although I've noticed a few more minor problems.
Chimera
07/27/2010 04:19 AM (UTC)
Jironobou Wrote:
IMO there is a LOT going on, and there is one thing that bugs me:

-On the Bottom left, right above Goro's Lair, Kung Lao, Fujin, and a few others seem to be embedded into a wall, and Kung Lao's feet are over the wall to Goro's Lair.

It also looks like you just cut out a bunch of comic's from the Kombat Pavillion and edited them slightly, oh, and maybe a few were from Arctic's custom sprite thread(Like Scorpion's Double Spear).

Over all, it's relatively well done, although I've noticed a few more minor problems.

Yeah there were some problems I noticed but I couldn't fix them cuz' for some reason, the .psd file got corrupted and all the layers got glued together. Also, as for above Goro's lair, think of it like a tunnel next to the pit not apart of the whole wall. And read the description on the bottom for where the sprites came from.
MKRocket
About Me

Wat.
07/27/2010 04:44 AM (UTC)
]{0MBAT Wrote:
MK Kronicles (Part 1) by MKRocket

Oh, sweet Jesus... I hate you so much right now ]{. No wonder I stopped making comics, lol. Fakes were always my thing for a reason. :x
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.