Actress set to play a roll in MK9,who do you think she is playing?
posted03/01/2010 11:46 PM (UTC)by
LycaniLLusion
About Me
thought i would post this for anyone who did not see it on twitter....the url is below but i also placed the part of the article in the post and the actresses name. being that she is set to have an actual script i wonder if its safe to say we may see cinematics and maybe FMV endings again?

"Brenda Barrie...Still, she has side ventures outside of the stage that include character portrayal in Warner Bros.' "Mortal Kombat 9" video game, which has not been released yet.

Several shoots for it are on the horizon this year.

"They gave me a script," said Barrie, alluding to a facet of her job.

It's all about "capturing authentic movement," the heralded performer from the Robertsdale section of Hammond related.

"I might get in and out of fight poses," explained Barrie, who also called Whiting home for part of her youth."

URL = http://www.post-trib.com/lifestyles/2040564,barrie.....-212.article
Icebaby
02/22/2010 06:47 PM (UTC)
The only person that I am going to say at this moment is Sonya. That's the only female character I can think of that has a good chance to be in MK9.
mkdfan
About Me
02/22/2010 07:54 PM (UTC)
Yea looks more like a sonya as she is in that pic but could easily be given a black wig and pink/blue mask to be made into Kitana or Mileena.

Glad they are actually casting tho, thats cool.

Thanks for the info!

*EDIT*

Oops I misread what you said, I thought you were talking about the MK movie lol.
Voicewise, it could be anyone too.
You-Know-Who
02/22/2010 11:47 PM (UTC)
Looking her up in Google Images, she's got a very "sweet girl" look about her. Seems perfect for a Kitana, Mileena (since she's a clone) or Li Mei to me. But if she's just voice acting, she could pretty much play anyone. Including Liu Kang.
kingjolly
02/23/2010 12:11 AM (UTC)
If there are already working on voice activing, mk9 most be very far along in development. I guess we might see another in depth story mode in this one if they're are hiring professional voice actors again. That's cool.
LycaniLLusion
02/23/2010 12:17 AM (UTC)
You-Know-Who Wrote:
Looking her up in Google Images, she's got a very "sweet girl" look about her. Seems perfect for a Kitana, Mileena (since she's a clone) or Li Mei to me. But if she's just voice acting, she could pretty much play anyone. Including Liu Kang.

if you read the post or the article you would know it mentions posing aswell as a script...so it could pretty much be anything of sorts...like still images or renders for bios...could be as i stated before FMV endings or real time story cinematics. it could be anything really...as for which character or characters...make-up can do wonders and so can props and latex. she could be Nitara if they wanted... throw a white and black wig on her and some face paint and you have Sindel...either way its good news because that means they are finally getting close to the stage where its just adding characters to the game...because from the twitter messages and the PSN ID with MK9 being tested online that means the game is playable. i was also thinking with this news...if they did use the same engine from MK vs DC this may be evidence that they are not recycling the character models which is good.
i also had thought about the idea of them using her for the Sonya film the WB was planning...perhaps it could just be scripting and posing for a teaser trailer for a movie? just because they say its for MK9 does not need to mean its part of the game...but its news ether way. lol
You-Know-Who
02/23/2010 02:56 AM (UTC)
LycaniLLusion Wrote:
if you read the post or the article you would know it mentions posing aswell as a script...so it could pretty much be anything of sorts...like still images or renders for bios...could be as i stated before FMV endings or real time story cinematics. it could be anything really...as for which character or characters...make-up can do wonders and so can props and latex. she could be Nitara if they wanted... throw a white and black wig on her and some face paint and you have Sindel...either way its good news because that means they are finally getting close to the stage where its just adding characters to the game...because from the twitter messages and the PSN ID with MK9 being tested online that means the game is playable. i was also thinking with this news...if they did use the same engine from MK vs DC this may be evidence that they are not recycling the character models which is good.
i also had thought about the idea of them using her for the Sonya film the WB was planning...perhaps it could just be scripting and posing for a teaser trailer for a movie? just because they say its for MK9 does not need to mean its part of the game...but its news ether way. lol

*sigh* Yes, it does, but I imagine it would be motion capture stuff. That wouldn't really give you anything to go by. If she's actually going to appear live-action (which I think may be an effect too cheesy for MK these days, but is a classic device they might use), then I don't care what you say about make-up; it's so much easier to get an actress who looks like the character they are portraying. You don't cast Chris Rock as Frank Sinatra for a biopic, so I wouldn't cast a young, innocent looking girl to play Nitara or Sindel. Well, if they were a talented enough actress, maybe Nitara.

She looks most like a "good girl" to me. She has very "soft" features. She looks like a Kitana, a Li Mei or an Ashrah to me. Or perhaps a new character.
Zentile
02/23/2010 03:00 AM (UTC)
Doesn't matter what her face is like since it's probably motion capture acting, not live action.
JAX007
About Me

02/23/2010 03:10 AM (UTC)
Dunno if its accurate but imdb lists her as doing mocap for Catwoman and Wonderwoman in MKvs.DC...I guess we're going to see some sort of story mode again.
LycaniLLusion
02/23/2010 12:13 PM (UTC)
JAX007 Wrote:
Dunno if its accurate but imdb lists her as doing mocap for Cat Woman and Wonder Woman in MK vs.DC...I guess we're going to see some sort of story mode again.

if you follow trmk on twitter or go to that site at all...that information was stated when they gave the info of her doing this for MK9.

http://twitter.com/TRMK

http://www.trmk.org/
LycaniLLusion
02/23/2010 12:54 PM (UTC)
@You-Know_Who...

assuming from your sighing and quote in parenthesis you just don't like this thought and are against it...which is fine but all i am saying is that it is possible. if make-up and latex can not do it than CGI can...come on man look at movies like Avatar and Beowulf. i am just stating the obvious here...she could technically play almost every single female with enough effort and work put into it truthfully. all though i doubt that such will happen,it is possible. she could very well be a new character too like you said...i am just speculating the what ifs. and whats up with answering within the quote box lol?
You-Know-Who
02/23/2010 05:21 PM (UTC)
LycaniLLusion Wrote:
@You-Know_Who...

assuming from your sighing and quote in parenthesis you just don't like this thought and are against it...which is fine but all i am saying is that it is possible. if make-up and latex can not do it than CGI can...come on man look at movies like Avatar and Beowulf. i am just stating the obvious here...she could technically play almost every single female with enough effort and work put into it truthfully. all though i doubt that such will happen,it is possible. she could very well be a new character too like you said...i am just speculating the what ifs. and whats up with answering within the quote box lol?

It'd be what Zentile said. Motion-capture stuff -- she could play anyone. But in asking us who you thought she'd play, and seeing that people thought she looked like Sonya, I figured I'd add my two cents. I don't think she looks "rough" enough to be Sonya. And I still maintain that if they wanted someone to be a live-action tough-as-nails chick; they'd choose someone who looked the part. But for the most part I think that is all irrelevant because it will only be her movements and voice that are recorded. It's way too hard to speculate on who she will play.

And I'm not up-to-scratch with script on these forums. It's far more confusing than other boards I use (not a complaint -- just a statement of how it is for me to operate). I find that this happens to my quotes a lot, because somehow the end gets cut-off, and I am just too lazy to change it a lot of the time. Sorry, dude.
LycaniLLusion
02/23/2010 09:27 PM (UTC)
You-Know-Who Wrote:
LycaniLLusion Wrote:
@You-Know_Who...

It'd be what Zentile said. Motion-capture stuff -- she could play anyone. But in asking us who you thought she'd play, and seeing that people thought she looked like Sonya, I figured I'd add my two cents. I don't think she looks "rough" enough to be Sonya. And I still maintain that if they wanted someone to be a live-action tough-as-nails chick; they'd choose someone who looked the part. But for the most part I think that is all irrelevant because it will only be her movements and voice that are recorded. It's way too hard to speculate on who she will play.

And I'm not up-to-scratch with script on these forums. It's far more confusing than other boards I use (not a complaint -- just a statement of how it is for me to operate). I find that this happens to my quotes a lot, because somehow the end gets cut-off, and I am just too lazy to change it a lot of the time. Sorry, dude.

i guess you have a point about who she will actually play...maybe i should have asked who you would like her to play rather than just ask the part because its obvious none of us really knows lol.
as far as going with the assumption that they will only record motion and vocals...that remains to be seen as well. we have no concrete evidence if MK9 is or is not going to have real time video in game. you have to look at the beasts of consoles we have out...the ps3 and 360...they are very capable of producing that quality of gaming.
as for your quote mishap...all you have to do man is use the reply button to the post you want to reply to...before you type your message just hit add original...thats it. and dont say sorry its cool dude lol...i was just confused for a second with the post and thought i would pick @ ya heh.
back to the topic though...she did play multiple characters from MK vs DC so it is very possible she will do multiple characters for MK9. the thing that makes me think is the fact she has a script...i mean normally there is not much of a script for a fighting game i would assume. normally you would here people just say sound effects were demanded or they would mention having to make silly noises...you know yelling and saying one liners. mentioning a script means there is more of a story element and a bit more dialogue than just saying "get over here". that is why i am thinking cinematics,cut scenes or some form of vocalized endings.
RazorsEdge701
02/24/2010 01:03 AM (UTC)
The motion capture actors in MK vs DCU had a script. There was a whole behind the scenes video where we got to see the process on the bonus disk if you bought the collectors edition of the game.

I mean, if you're mo-capping cutscenes, that's really the only way to do it. You can't just pantomime and not speak, that would be completely unnatural and affect the performances. They'd have to be actually saying the lines and acting, even though the audio isn't recorded.
LycaniLLusion
02/25/2010 08:47 PM (UTC)
that is pretty much what i was getting at...you said it better but yeah i didnt see the special edition disc of MK vs DC...i did not buy the game yet i rented it once but stopped playing it because i rented resistance 2 at the time and was more into that but yeah...is there video of that ripped to youtube or someplace so i can see that? guess i should do a search...if anyone knows a site fill me in through IM please and thank you grin
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
02/26/2010 05:44 AM (UTC)
Wait a minute...

An actress for motion capture? So the females aren't going to move like dikes anymore?

This is brilliant news!

I mean lord, can you believe they had a guy do the mo-cap for everybody?
queve
02/26/2010 03:50 PM (UTC)
QueenSindel(TheBitch) Wrote:
Wait a minute...

An actress for motion capture? So the females aren't going to move like dikes anymore?

This is brilliant news!

I mean lord, can you believe they had a guy do the mo-cap for everybody?

Don't get your hopes up, this might only be for a story-mode (which would be amazing and brilliant to see again).

Anyways, she could definitely be playing Sonya now that we know she's in the game, or she could be playing more/other/all the females that will be involved. I liked the way the motion-capture actress who played Sonya in MkvsDC did her job, so, hopefully she is back for Ms. Blade.
Sadistic_Freak
02/26/2010 07:09 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
The only person that I am going to say at this moment is Sonya. That's the only female character I can think of that has a good chance to be in MK9.

In the other forum, it says, that Dana Lynn Baron will be playing as Sonya. So it could be this other actress can most likely be playing as another popular female character. Hopefully, it's Kitana, Mileena, or even, Jade.
LycaniLLusion
03/01/2010 04:56 AM (UTC)
i think its funny that they credit the wrong fellow sites that set focus on B. Barrie. it was posted originally by TRMK on twitter 10:10AM Feb. 22nd via Tweetie

i am starting to think i should switch to trmk.org so i can hear it first
KingofKings97
03/01/2010 11:46 PM (UTC)
Well, the answer is definatley Kitana, they could also be playing Mileena or Jade too. Since this question has been answered I think this thread should be closed.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.