Which combatant would suit Kitana best as her boyfriend?
posted09/16/2010 10:04 PM (UTC)by
shaggysorceror
About Me

Look, now Baraka has grown hair and beard! Shit, the time does fly...

Unconventional as it appears, I vote for Rain. Simply, he's the mightiest, the most refined, the most mysterious (what most girls would deem 'sexy') and the most cunning of all the men who were one way or another, related to Kitana. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised Rain never seemed to seize his chance to get closer to Kitana, having known her way longer than any of the Earth warriors she hangs out with now.

Regarding the others:

Shao Kahn - old enough to be her father (or older?), plus I bet the mask hides a rather ugly face, so no.

Shang Tsung - might give a kick, but he kinda tends to think and act in the sphere of his discipline and plans only; we know little to nothing of his private thoughts and (romantic) desires. That is, provided we exclude the 'Omegis' thing (can she be deemed 'canon' outside MKC anyway? I don't know.).

Reptile - unless Kitana is a zoophile ...so no.

Liu Kang - had the BEST chance of them all and willingly lost it, now he's a corpse, so no.

Kung Lao - was never even least interested in her, though I actually could imagine Kitana together with him... If Kitana would seek resoluteness and authentic, anti-eunuch manhood in her companion, then out of the two Shaolin monks Kung Lao is her man. Not to mention he'd be a hell of a protector to her, maybe even better than Liu Kang.

Goro - Well, it is not the sentimental chat with Kitana that he makes me think of, if you get the point... wink But as the topic has 'boyfriend' in its title, the answer is no.

Johnny Cage - for a nuance better defined attitude toward Kitana than Kung Lao's, though I think it's Sonya he'd come down to in the long run.

That's all I can and want to think of now.
XiahouDun84
05/30/2010 10:01 PM (UTC)
Jade.
shaggysorceror
About Me

Look, now Baraka has grown hair and beard! Shit, the time does fly...

05/30/2010 10:50 PM (UTC)
XiahouDun84 Wrote:
Jade.

Can you believe me I KNEW the first answer would sound like that?
Gho$t
06/02/2010 03:20 AM (UTC)
Goro
Scorpionsrage
About Me

[IMG]http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj518/DarkMisa666/Mileena_Fan_by_QuidxProxQuo.png[/IMG]

06/02/2010 04:15 AM (UTC)
Right now, I think that Kitana has more important things to think about then having a boyfriend.
But I like the idea of her hooking up with Sub-Zero.
Chrome
About Me

06/02/2010 05:18 AM (UTC)
None. Leave this canon immigrant idea from the movie and drop it.
Xavieur_Cage
About Me

~ To My BEST FAN! Cage ~

06/02/2010 12:56 PM (UTC)
Hey!

Just for fun, I think Kitana's boyfriend could be:

1. Kai
A underground character that seems young and full of courage. Ancient student of Lui Kang and member of the White Lotus Society, he seems to have the same ideal that Kitana. Plus it could be nice to think of a scene of them both talking of the past of Lui Kang (Love VS Friend).

2. Nightwolf
Even if Nightwolf had probably already a secret love that died years ago, I think that maybe that the love with Kitana would be possible ((only for the time of one kiss)). Cause after that, Nightwolf would leave in the wild and never come back (except if there is another invasion.)

3. Kung Lao
Yup! I agree with one of the first comment.

I almost wrote ((Raiden)) for this topic. Immagine... the ((good)) thunder god who have like 100 000 years old. Almost the same that Kitana!
Sub-Zero_7th
06/03/2010 01:42 AM (UTC)
Meat
reptilevsluikang
About Me

MORTAL KOMBAT with NAILGUN

06/05/2010 02:27 PM (UTC)
I agree meat
MortalMushroom
07/23/2010 01:08 AM (UTC)
MEAT-BLAZE!!!!
LadyRaiden
07/24/2010 03:08 AM (UTC)
Ok..guess I'm gonna have to be the one to say this: Why the hell does she need a freaking boyfriend?!

Kitana has her hands fully trying to restore her world and free here entire race. She doesn't have time for a boyfriend. Why is it that whenever there is a female character in a game there has to be a 'romance' for her?

Besides, since I see the Edenia women being the 'stronger' gender of that race. She may not even considering any of the fighters as 'consort' material For all we know, they may prefer their males to be the stay at home and clean the house types.
RazorsEdge701
07/24/2010 11:06 PM (UTC)
LadyRaiden Wrote:
Besides, since I see the Edenia women being the 'stronger' gender of that race. She may not even considering any of the fighters as 'consort' material For all we know, they may prefer their males to be the stay at home and clean the house types.

What gave you that idea? They worship a male protector-god and they had a king in charge before Kahn came along, the only reason the women run things now is Jerrod's dead.
jmurf22
07/25/2010 01:50 AM (UTC)
I don't think she really needs a lover. And to me it would make more sense if she had serious trust issues after all she's been through. Considering her guilt and shiz over her past deeds I'd expect her to be somewhat emotionally cut off and kinda weird when it comes to personal gain/pleasure.
LadyRaiden
07/25/2010 01:58 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
LadyRaiden Wrote:

What gave you that idea? They worship a male protector-god and they had a king in charge before Kahn came along, the only reason the women run things now is Jerrod's dead.

All because they worship a male deity does not mean they are male dominate race. There have been a few male dominated cultures in history (don't ask me to tell which one's. Can't find my encyclopedia of gods right now) that worshipped a goddess. True most often it was a more demon, than diety but a goddess was still worshipped.

I'm basing the 'stronger' gender on what we see in game. The majority of Edenian warriors are female. Sindel, Kitana, Jade and Tanya. We only see one male Edenian warrior, Rain, and he's gone rogue. You might count the demi-god twins, but they do have a little unfair advantage on being half-god.

Of course the higher number of female warriors might be due to the fact the majority of the males having been killed off so I could be wrong and the Edenian society may have had females on equal footing as males or males might have been dominate, but this is no longer the case. The majority of the current strong Edenians are female.
RazorsEdge701
07/25/2010 07:12 AM (UTC)
LadyRaiden Wrote:
I'm basing the 'stronger' gender on what we see in game. The majority of Edenian warriors are female. Sindel, Kitana, Jade and Tanya. We only see one male Edenian warrior, Rain, and he's gone rogue. You might count the demi-god twins, but they do have a little unfair advantage on being half-god.

Of course the higher number of female warriors might be due to the fact the majority of the males having been killed off so I could be wrong and the Edenian society may have had females on equal footing as males or males might have been dominate, but this is no longer the case. The majority of the current strong Edenians are female.

Again, Sindel, Kitana, and Jade are in charge because of plot and circumstance. Jerrod was the leader of the realm until he was killed.
The fact that there are less male Edenians on the roster than female ones has nothing to do with Edenian society and everything to do with the coincidences that come about behind the scenes when characters are created to fill out game rosters. Jade and Tanya both got their starts by being Kitana palette swaps, for example, and the whole reason Sindel was introduced is the plot of MK3 revolved around Kahn having a wife.

If the creators wanted Edenia to be "girl world", they would have done something to actually show it right up front by now, like made the soldier NPCs in Konquest all girls. But they pretty much depict it the same as any other realm. All the generic soldiers we see are dudes, and all the women NPCs are villagers who do housewife-y things like bake pies for Shujinko's sidequests.
ColdWindBlows
07/26/2010 02:50 PM (UTC)
Disregard
ServantToMileena
07/27/2010 12:37 AM (UTC)
I think she and Raiden would make a good couple...

But I don't think the story canon is the place for sexual relationships, that is what Rule 34 is for.
Chilly-McFreeze
About Me

People say I'm strange, but that's ok because their brain smells like bacon. [XBL - DOKTOR ALUCARD]

08/09/2010 08:14 PM (UTC)
Jade's bo staff.
Historical Favorite
08/09/2010 08:16 PM (UTC)
Since MK and DC are a thing, Batman.
MadameBordella
About Me
Aw yeah, new MK!
08/14/2010 05:30 AM (UTC)
She and Goro are totally all over each other. grin
LadyRaiden
08/14/2010 09:22 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
LadyRaiden Wrote:

Again, Sindel, Kitana, and Jade are in charge because of plot and circumstance. Jerrod was the leader of the realm until he was killed.

The fact that there are less male Edenians on the roster than female ones has nothing to do with Edenian society and everything to do with the coincidences that come about behind the scenes when characters are created to fill out game rosters. Jade and Tanya both got their starts by being Kitana palette swaps, for example, and the whole reason Sindel was introduced is the plot of MK3 revolved around Kahn having a wife.

If the creators wanted Edenia to be "girl world", they would have done something to actually show it right up front by now, like made the soldier NPCs in Konquest all girls. But they pretty much depict it the same as any other realm. All the generic soldiers we see are dudes, and all the women NPCs are villagers who do housewife-y things like bake pies for Shujinko's sidequests.

I'm sorry but this has been bugging me and no matter how hard I try not to continue the endless argument ...

Didn't they hint at this in MK vs DC? I know its not cannon, but you might get an idea of the mind of the creators. I do beileve it was Kitana's ending or something that sad that Raiden gave permission for Kitana and her followers to stay on a hidden island (sorta like Wonder Woman's) and it was a all female population?
RazorsEdge701
08/14/2010 09:49 PM (UTC)
LadyRaiden Wrote:
Didn't they hint at this in MK vs DC? I know its not cannon, but you might get an idea of the mind of the creators. I do beileve it was Kitana's ending or something that sad that Raiden gave permission for Kitana and her followers to stay on a hidden island (sorta like Wonder Woman's) and it was a all female population?

Yes, in MKvsDC, the Edenian rebels (who were still living in Outworld because Edenia hadn't been freed yet) moved to Shang Tsung's island, renamed it "Argus Island", and the ones shown were all female ninjas dressed just like Kitana but in different colors.

But that was all just to make Kitana match Wonder Woman, because every ending in MK vs DCU was about a character from one universe gaining something or becoming more like a character from the other universe. Sub-Zero became Batman, Kano became Joker, Sonya got a Green Lantern ring, Jax became Cyborg from the Teen Titans, etc.
So you can't take it as having anything to do with the real canon.
Scorpion992
08/19/2010 08:21 PM (UTC)
RAIN
RazorsEdge701
08/20/2010 09:02 AM (UTC)
MOTARO

See? I can type random names in all caps too. It's not so special, is it?
Historical Favorite
08/23/2010 09:12 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
MOTARO

See? I can type random names in all caps too. It's not so special, is it?

It was, 'cause his answer was actually an answer. Please resign from your job at United Cuntlery.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.