Sub-Zero from the trailer
posted10/10/2010 11:36 PM (UTC)by
VLaks1
Which Sub-Zero do you guys think was shown in the new game trailer? He doesn't have the scar or the icy arms so personally, I'm thinking Classic, but it's still very possible that it's simply before the younger brother got the scar and thus obviously before the icy arms.

RazorsEdge701
06/11/2010 03:15 PM (UTC)
Younger bro didn't get the scar until 3, and it looks like this game covers 1, 2, and 3. So maybe his alt costume will have the scar or maybe this is Subbie Classic.

What I really like about the design is those little disks on the chest of his tunic, if you look close at the HD version of the trailer, have the Lin Kuei logo on them. I think that's actually the first time that logo has been in a game, it originally was first shown in the Conquest TV show.
Cyborg
06/11/2010 03:25 PM (UTC)
Well there's 2 options:

1. It's the Older Sub Zero, later found out to be Noob. I highly doubt this is the case, because I am sure they wouldn't pass Noob up for 2 Sub Zeros, and definitlely not have 2 Subs and a Noob...but I guess it has happened before so who knows. It could be an alternate for Noob Saibot just for kicks.

2. It's the younger Sub Zero before he got his scar. It could simply just be an alternate costume of his since he does have his armor that he receives later on. Another possibility is that he just hasn't been given his scar yet on his model, because we still have quite some time to go.

This has reminded me of one thing, and that's the possibility of getting Sub's MK3 outfit as one of his costumes again. I loved this outfit in MK:DA, and with even better detailing and graphics possibility, I would love to see it again.

RazorsEdge701
06/11/2010 03:29 PM (UTC)
I'd love to see the MK3/DA costume come back again too.

As far as the Noob Saibot factor, I'm sure he'll be in the game, but here's what I'm thinking they might do for the parts of the story mode that happen before he dies and becomes Noob:

During the MK1 parts, they'll use the Subbie in the game as the older brother. Then they'll use the SAME Subbie model to play the younger brother in the MK2 parts because after all, you're not supposed to know right away that it's a different guy under the mask, that's why Scorpion gets confused and comes after him even though he killed the first one.
Cyborg
06/11/2010 03:36 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
I'd love to see the MK3/DA costume come back again too.

As far as the Noob Saibot factor, here's what I'm thinking they might do.

In Story Mode, during the MK1 parts, they'll use the Subbie in the game as the older brother. Then they'll use the SAME Subbie model to play the younger brother in the MK2 parts because after all, the whole thing is they're supposed to be hard to tell apart, that's why Scorpion gets confused and comes after him even though he killed the first one.

Yeah I guess it all depends on how the story is played out in the game, but I would assume you are prob. right.

Man...this has got me thinking of all the old costumes. I really dig all the retro nostalgia outfits, I always enjoy it when we get to see updated more detailed versions of them. Another one that I would like to see if he makes the cut:

I always feel 1 of their costumes should always be a classic one, preferrably their alt. I also dug how if you had 2 Kano's facing each other in this outfit, player 2's would have the MK3 black w/ red trim color scheme.
RazorsEdge701
06/11/2010 04:08 PM (UTC)
blackcyborg Wrote:
I also dug how if you had 2 Kano's facing each other in this outfit, player 2's would have the MK3 black w/ red trim color scheme.

Yeah, I dug that too. Another one was Shang's alt. Player 1 would be in red and gold like the first scene of the MK1 comic, Player 2 would be in black and gold, making it his MK2 costume. I really hope they do some of that stuff for this game too.
Scrambles300
10/09/2010 02:45 AM (UTC)
I wonder if they will include noob like they did for MK: Shaolin Monks, were if 2 people sub-zeros were facing each other, player 2 would be noob
OutFromHeaven
10/09/2010 03:24 AM (UTC)
It's already been established that this is the elder Subbie! Of course although I prefer the Elder Sub..I still would love to see Younger Sub!
Icebaby
10/09/2010 04:09 AM (UTC)
Not to mention, this thread wasn't last active since June... Just throwing that out there.
ReptileFinally
10/09/2010 04:52 AM (UTC)
Where were you the past 3 months?
Its the older one this was confirmed in sep i think
devilizard
10/09/2010 05:03 AM (UTC)
Since some people didn't notice what someone else already said, this thread was created the right when the first trailer came out, before we knew anything from E3. So, just sayin'.
RazorsEdge701
10/09/2010 10:13 AM (UTC)
Yeah, that Scrambles guy bumped a thread that was well over three months old, which is against the rules by the way.
LucaTurilli
10/09/2010 10:28 AM (UTC)
BURN THE WITCH!
RazorsEdge701
10/09/2010 10:49 AM (UTC)
Do not mock my fondness for setting witches on fire, sir. They are brides of the devil and their cauldrons and pointy hats are a serious threat!
LucaTurilli
10/09/2010 11:32 AM (UTC)
This kind of prejudice is why we have so many weeping witches in left 4 dead.
RazorsEdge701
10/09/2010 11:48 AM (UTC)
That's what combat shotguns are for, son.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
10/10/2010 02:09 AM (UTC)
Why is it that people who bump threads can't write coherently? I realize some people are posting via their phones, but some of these posts go way beyond just abbreviating.
Manneen
10/10/2010 02:24 AM (UTC)
Come on, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what he's saying...

I'm not trying to condone his bumping of the thread because yeah it is against forum rules, but I could understand what he was saying.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
10/10/2010 03:14 AM (UTC)
Hooky-Fooky Wrote:
Come on, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what he's saying...

I'm not trying to condone his bumping of the thread because yeah it is against forum rules, but I could understand what he was saying.

But is the correlation not troublesome? The guy couldn't take the time to re-read his one sentence post? We all make writing errors. Almost every post I make gets edited within minutes. I'm just saying if this guy had read the FAQ, I'd be a bit more sympathetic.
Vasculio
10/10/2010 04:39 AM (UTC)
i didnt like the unmask Sub-Zero..
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

10/10/2010 09:03 AM (UTC)
I'm still trying to figure out how the hell is this the Sub-Zero from MK1 when he does a ground freeze which is property of the MK2 Sub-Zero? And he has the Ice Counter attack which again, the younger brother possess.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
10/10/2010 09:28 AM (UTC)
WeaponTheory Wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how the hell is this the Sub-Zero from MK1 when he does a ground freeze which is property of the MK2 Sub-Zero? And he has the Ice Counter attack which again, the younger brother possess.

I guess they could explain away the ice-counter by saying it originated in a non-canon game, but why he has the ground freeze is a legitimate question.

My best theory is this: both Sub-Zeros will actually be playable in the game, and since dividing their moves canonically would leave the older Sub with hardly any ice moves, they decided to divide the ice powers in half with each Sub having at least two of their signatures.

I know people are saying there's no way they're going to separate the two Sub-Zero's (because of some arbitrary standard about ice and the color blue), but if that's their counter-point, then those lovely gents can try to answer this one for me: where's the ice clone? Where's the ice shower? You're telling me they remembered Kitana's two-game featured pretty kick but the iconic ice clone slipped their minds?

I just don't buy that. If this game is as story-oriented as the creators claim it is, then it's only logical that Young-Zero would have separate design features.
RazorsEdge701
10/10/2010 09:38 AM (UTC)
Older Sub-Zero could do the ground freeze and ice clone in Mythologies. He also had an attack called the "Polar Blast" which was like the Ice Shaker from Deadly Alliance but took up the whole screen.

Both brothers know all the same moves. Even having the medallion and learning new stuff because of it doesn't seem to matter anymore because in MKDA, that was the only reason Sub-Zero could make his giant ice sword, but this Sub-Zero seems to have no problem making nice, long sabers and stabbing them into people. One could make the argument that the older brother was more experienced and therefore more powerful than the younger was before he got the medallion though, I suppose.
On another note, here's a question: If they do make the younger bro a seperate character, what do they put in his health bar? Are they both just "Sub-Zero" and "Sub-Zero"? We've already seen that the elder has no "classic" in his name.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
10/10/2010 09:51 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
On another note, here's a question: If they do make the younger bro a seperate character, what do they put in his health bar? Are they both just "Sub-Zero" and "Sub-Zero"? We've already seen that the elder has no "classic" in his name.

Well, if Young-Zero didn't have the title 'Sub-Zero' prior to MK2, then they may reveal his real name in the story mode. They had to call him something.
RazorsEdge701
10/10/2010 10:03 AM (UTC)
That'd be like having Scorpion's health bar say "Hanzo Hasashi". Yeah, that'll really catch on.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.