Control layout? What will it be?
posted03/05/2011 06:45 AM (UTC)by
robs727
I'm curious to know what the control layout will be.

Will they go back to the classic games with HP HK BLK LP LK Run or will they keep the 1 2 3 4 BLK Run Throw from the 3D series.

Seeing is the game is going back to 2D i'd like to see the original control system return, possibly with a few tweaks.

So long as there is no single button for throws or specials then i'll be happy.
-NIGHTWOLF-
06/14/2010 06:34 AM (UTC)
Probably the same or close to the control system in MK Vs DC I think. Won't know until we see more of the game in action. Hopefully we'll find out at E3.
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

06/14/2010 06:50 AM (UTC)
I'm hoping for HP, LP, HK, LK, BL, no run button, maybe a throw button.
JediSith
About Me

The enemy of my enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

06/14/2010 06:57 AM (UTC)
idk, I liked how you could run in MKvsDCU
leverpeber
06/14/2010 07:54 AM (UTC)
From the looks of the trailer it looks very much like Mk Vs. DC. It looks very much like there is a throw button.

robs727
06/14/2010 09:37 AM (UTC)
m0s3pH Wrote:
maybe a throw button.

Why do people want a specific button just to throw?

What is wrong with the old school way of LP when close to the opponent or HP+LP when close like SF or others.

It's just useless to add buttons that aren't required.
RazorsEdge701
06/14/2010 02:43 PM (UTC)
robs727 Wrote:
m0s3pH Wrote:
maybe a throw button.

What is wrong with the old school way of LP when close to the opponent or HP+LP when close like SF or others.

Why map throw to a button already being used for low punch when modern controllers have FOUR shoulder buttons? They can't all be block, that's a waste.

I'd rather low punch when I'm pressing low punch and throw when I'm pressing throw and not have to be worried about whether I'm close enough or not.
I will say that I much prefer Forward-Forward as the run command like in MKvsDCU over having a run button, though.
red5iver
06/14/2010 03:41 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
robs727 Wrote:
m0s3pH Wrote:
maybe a throw button.

Why map throw to a button already being used for low punch when modern controllers have FOUR shoulder buttons? They can't all be block, that's a waste.

I'd rather low punch when I'm pressing low punch and throw when I'm pressing throw and not have to be worried about whether I'm close enough or not.

I will say that I much prefer Forward-Forward as the run command like in MKvsDCU over having a run button, though.

^ Agreed on both points wink
robs727
06/16/2010 12:46 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:

Just because a controller has 10 buttons to be used doesn't mean they all have to or should be used.

If that's the case, why not have a button for each special move? Would save me worrying if i don't pull off the D,F, Punch motion properly.

In the case of MK, LP to throw only worked when you were right next to the character, at all other times it would be punch. A throw button would throw at any time leaving you vulnerable if you press at the wrong time, much the same way as using a combination HP+LP would do.
sss133
06/16/2010 10:40 AM (UTC)
Didnt someone say it was like old mk but instead of high low it was front rear? i think thats like front foot kicks and back foot kicks but not sure. I'd like a throw button but i also want multiple throws maybe a directon button plus throw button could do a different throw. or make use of the trigger sensitivity
robs727
06/16/2010 02:23 PM (UTC)
Just read about the front/back punch/kick system on kamidogu.com.

Would nice to have some more info come out about how it all works.
RazorsEdge701
06/16/2010 02:30 PM (UTC)
robs727 Wrote:
Just because a controller has 10 buttons to be used doesn't mean they all have to or should be used.

If that's the case, why not have a button for each special move? Would save me worrying if i don't pull off the D,F, Punch motion properly.

In the case of MK, LP to throw only worked when you were right next to the character, at all other times it would be punch. A throw button would throw at any time leaving you vulnerable if you press at the wrong time, much the same way as using a combination HP+LP would do.

I know how Throw works in the old games. But I never liked it.

You completely didn't explain why pressing LP or HP+LP is "better" than using one of the shoulder buttons to throw.
Chrome
About Me

06/16/2010 04:11 PM (UTC)
Kamidogu did a check in E3

Current lineup is Front Punch, Front Kick, Back Punch, Back Kick. And Block if I recall correctly.
robs727
06/19/2010 02:06 AM (UTC)
So it seems along with the 4 attack buttons and block there is also a throw button.

From one of the videos that are floating around, it seems that the "x-ray" special may have it's own button to initiate that move as well.
doofy287
03/05/2011 05:23 AM (UTC)
i remember hearing or seeing someting about left punch right punch left kick and right kick i just wish they wouldnt keep us in the dark mangringringringringringrinfurious
AcidSpitter93
03/05/2011 05:32 AM (UTC)
doofy287 Wrote:
i remember hearing or seeing someting about left punch right punch left kick and right kick i just wish they wouldnt keep us in the dark mangringringringringringrinfurious

What the hell???? Major bump dude not cool
Im pretty sure its already been confirmed that its simply Attack 1, 2, 3 and 4
doofy287 Wrote:

OH WOW!! Didnt even realize the huge thread bump... I hope you get skulled for this! >:(
sss133
03/05/2011 06:28 AM (UTC)
Im pretty sure there is a special button that changes between enhanced breaker and xray in the gamespot demo you see it switching
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

03/05/2011 06:45 AM (UTC)
Threads that have not been posted in for three months or longer are not to be bumped. Remember that next time.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.