Black Frost
08/27/2010 03:18 PM (UTC)by
Jerrod
About Me
MKO Moderator, Story Writer, Actor
Signature by Pred
Icebaby
08/16/2010 03:17 PM (UTC)
This was really good, like really really good. You captured Frost as a student very well. I like how you described the "death" when Noob was transforming her into one of them, really well explained.

I cannot wait if there's a sequel for this, this was a marvelous piece of work, Jerrod!
MistressofMurder
08/16/2010 03:17 PM (UTC)
I loved what you did with character! Especially, the part about Frost being Sub-Zero's biggest fan.
scorpionpwns
About Me

no one will ever be immortal

08/16/2010 05:17 PM (UTC)
You never seem to amaze me with your writing skills this is great read by the way
Jiro
About Me

Kung Lao/Smoke main. Maker of puns and bad jokes.

08/16/2010 05:41 PM (UTC)
It's good in terms of writing and most of the story, but... I can't really wrap my head around frost being a shadow demon, I wouldn't say it's too complex, but it's kind of...weird to me.
Jerrod
About Me
Signature by Pred
08/16/2010 11:00 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
This was really good, like really really good. You captured Frost as a student very well. I like how you described the "death" when Noob was transforming her into one of them, really well explained.
I cannot wait if there's a sequel for this, this was a marvelous piece of work, Jerrod!

Thanks, glad you liked the "death" sequence. grin That was the one part I really enjoyed writing, and kept consistent throughout the editing of this biography. As for a sequel, well, technically there will be one when I get her ending done. I'm excited for writing that one too, it'll blow peoples' minds.
MistressofMurder Wrote:
I loved what you did with character! Especially, the part about Frost being Sub-Zero's biggest fan.

Thanks, glad you liked it. I wanted it so that she be more misguided than evil, admiring Sub-Zero in a way that would make her want to emulate him in every way possible, to the point of becoming him in a bizarre, obsessive fashion. It also opened the door so that because she held him so highly, his image would shatter just as hard when she sees that his showing Sektor mercy opened a door to get more people hurt and killed than had he just killed Sektor long ago.
scorpionpwns Wrote:
You never seem to amaze me with your writing skills this is great read by the way

I think (or hope tongue) you meant never cease to amaze you. Hope you've read my other works, those are pretty fun. And speaking which...
Jironobou Wrote:
It's good in terms of writing and most of the story, but... I can't really wrap my head around frost being a shadow demon, I wouldn't say it's too complex, but it's kind of...weird to me.

No worries, I get it, can't win them all, right?
When it comes to my biographies, I want to push the characters into directions that would not normally be taken because most people don't want to see their favourites altered drastically or show another side that we've never seen before. The main reason I decided to have Frost change was to differentiate her more from Sub-Zero and hype up the New Brotherhood Noob's forming. If you find this one weird, you'll also find Johnny Cage's and Shang Tsung's pretty random too. wink
TheAcolyte
About Me
CHECK OUT MY FAN-FICTIONThe Midway UniverseOne-Shots: Body and Mind, How Eternity FeelsThe Enemy Within (The Origin of Noob Saibot): 1. An Unfortunate Return, 2. My Name is Hanzo
08/20/2010 02:19 AM (UTC)
I REALLY enjoyed this, Jerrod.

You always seem to come up with cool concepts that give the lesser celebrated characters some great potential. I appreciate that you can write well thought out story lines that drift outside the canon. I hope to develop that in my work soon.

Keep up the good work. smile
Jerrod
About Me
Signature by Pred
08/27/2010 03:18 PM (UTC)
TheAcolyte Wrote:
I REALLY enjoyed this, Jerrod.
You always seem to come up with cool concepts that give the lesser celebrated characters some great potential. I appreciate that you can write well thought out story lines that drift outside the canon. I hope to develop that in my work soon.
Keep up the good work. smile

Thanks a lot for reading and enjoying my work! I've always wanted to make all the characters feel special and celebrated, so I try taking them in directions that they would never go into. Plus, it just makes everyone want to root for them more, instead of just thinking they're useless and place-holders. Hoping to get another biography done next week. smile
Edit: Scratch that last part, I finally finished it and submitted it today! Now, who do I write about next?
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.