Whos hand is that hidden underneath the new Jades Desert?
posted09/25/2010 03:08 PM (UTC)by
UltimateRyu
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/perl/cds.cgi?external_action=displayImage&id;=2320

It looks monstrous! What do you think it was a statue of? Maybe it's a petrified specimen of a real living giant in MK's past. I find it very intriguing. What do you think it is?
SEGAmaniac7
08/19/2010 03:17 AM (UTC)
Who knows, we might find out in story mode.
TonyTheTiger
About Me

TonyTheTiger - Forum Director

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
Nintendo is comprised of three Japanese words. Nin, Ten, Dou, and when combined it means we kicked the holy shit outta Atari.

08/19/2010 03:18 AM (UTC)
Probably some random statue they won't explain. But likely a fallen monument to some ancient ruler long forgotten or some spooky shit like that.
BradJRice
About Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5K62bt6Sw4&feature=player_embedded

08/19/2010 03:19 AM (UTC)
Yeah that or most likely part of a tomb or lair of some kind I'm pretty sure.
Mobster_For_SATAN
08/19/2010 03:21 AM (UTC)
Obvious statue is obvious, thats why there is a hand and other big stone parts back there because it broke off. No mystery but it would be cool to see it fixed and not broken.
SEGAmaniac7
08/19/2010 03:25 AM (UTC)
Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:
Obvious statue is obvious, thats why there is a hand and other big stone parts back there because it broke off. No mystery but it would be cool to see it fixed and not broken.

Well its probably broken for a reason
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

08/19/2010 03:52 AM (UTC)
The reason probably being that it's old as hell.
~Crow~
08/19/2010 03:55 AM (UTC)
The long fingernails sort of remind me of a wizard or sorcerer. Maybe Shinnok-like.

It's probably just background fluff but it's nice the MK team remembers how to make us think about backgrounds.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
08/19/2010 03:58 AM (UTC)
Some people think so that it is a fallen statue of Jerrod but I do think this is wrong for it is stupid. I think it is tha true form of Cyrax, his body unfolds into it, but he got stuck in tha sand and his circuits are brocken.

grin grin smile grin sad sleep
DeLaGeezy
About Me
MKO's Sig of the Week Contest - Coming Soon! PM for details on how you can be a part of it!
08/19/2010 04:04 AM (UTC)
It sure looks like Shinnok's demon hands, no?
Manneen
08/19/2010 04:06 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Some people think so that it is a fallen statue of Jerrok but I do think this is wrong for it is stupid. I think it is tha true form of Cyrax, his body unfolds into it, but he got stuck in tha sand and his circuits are brocken.

grin grin smile grin sad sleep

Almost funny. Almost.

My guess is that its just part of the ruins. I said in a different thread that it reminded me a bit of Shinnok and his fatalities, but I doubt there's a connection.
LadyRaiden
08/19/2010 04:10 AM (UTC)
Maybe there was once a group that worshiped Shinnok in that area and the fighters are now in the ruins of one of their temples. If they keep to the current ancient history that we have heard in Mortal Kombat, Shinnok and his followers were defeated by Raiden thousands of years ago. It looks like it might be that old if parts of it was covered by sand and only recently uncovered.

More than likely we are just trying to read too much into it. Although would that be a painful fatality if you got impaled on one of those claws?

Something else I just noticed...doesn't the remaining arm you see standing straight up look kinda like Reptile's arm?
TortureLegend
About Me
XBLGT: Canvas of Souls
08/19/2010 04:14 AM (UTC)
Anyone have a close up of Shinnok's hands so we can see the nails, if any at all?
FlamingTP
08/19/2010 04:15 AM (UTC)
LadyRaiden Wrote:
Maybe there was once a group that worshiped Shinnok in that area and the fighters are now in the ruins of one of their temples. If they keep to the current ancient history that we have heard in Mortal Kombat, Shinnok and his followers were defeated by Raiden thousands of years ago. It looks like it might be that old if parts of it was covered by sand and only recently uncovered.

More than likely we are just trying to read too much into it. Although would that be a painful fatality if you got impaled on one of those claws?

As mush as I'd like to think that any real significance is packed into the statue. I'd be willing to be that this is just game developer eye candy. Well done and un-rushed. Map making is my forte` and I'm impressed.
GrotesquetheBeast
About Me
I need a new sig, something with Kabal from UMK3 would be sweet. Just imagine that here
08/19/2010 04:24 AM (UTC)
Its my hand, guys
TortureLegend
About Me
XBLGT: Canvas of Souls
08/19/2010 04:26 AM (UTC)
GrotesquetheBeast Wrote:
Its my hand, guys

Oh ok. /thread tongue
Im assuming its just a piece of a fallen statue thats been buried over time. Nothing significant.

Anyone else think The Desert might have a stage Fatality?
~Crow~
08/19/2010 04:31 AM (UTC)
TortureLegend Wrote:
Anyone have a close up of Shinnok's hands so we can see the nails, if any at all?

There isn't any, but the level of detail on the new models is much greater than the last game Shinnok was in obviously. I was just saying it reminded me of a sorcererous hand.
SubMan799
08/19/2010 07:21 AM (UTC)

Its that dreaded Readingwaytoomuchintothingsthataren'tthereinmortalkombat syndrome again. The statue is just an updated look to the statues in Jade's Desert. Huzzah
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
08/19/2010 07:35 AM (UTC)
SubMan799 Wrote:
The statue is just an updated look to the statues in Jade's Desert.

SPOILERS!!!
eugenicz
08/19/2010 07:51 AM (UTC)
Just wondering - the fact that it's called "Jade's Desert" - could this mean that Jade could be a hidden fighter lurking in the background somewhere?

I know this wasn't the case in UMK3, but for this game perhaps?
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/19/2010 07:54 AM (UTC)
The hand is Jade's! Get her!
RazorsEdge701
08/19/2010 08:53 AM (UTC)
eugenicz Wrote:
Just wondering - the fact that it's called "Jade's Desert" - could this mean that Jade could be a hidden fighter lurking in the background somewhere?

I know this wasn't the case in UMK3, but for this game perhaps?

They've changed it's name from Jade's Desert to just THE Desert. So call me crazy, I mean this is just a hunch, but maybe...just maybe...I don't think it has anything to do with Jade at all anymore.
ErmaSco
08/19/2010 10:15 AM (UTC)
It is just a prove that says , MK team backgrounds put every other fighters outside there to shame .
Sincubus
08/19/2010 10:27 AM (UTC)
I think its a hand of Jade statue.

Look at the nails they are from a female.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.