Simple mistake could possibly have caused all the fuss
posted08/31/2010 11:25 PM (UTC)by
sss133
I'm not sure if more has been said from devolopers but from what a remember theres only been 1 confirmation of the sub zero being the older brother, so what if the guy who said it mistakingly stated it was the older not the younger brother...If this is the case which I'm starting to think it may be it makes perfect sense for the mk team to let us speculate and not correct the mistake. What do you guys think??
kombat_king
08/30/2010 07:40 AM (UTC)
It's going back to the first tournament, therefore it would make sense that it's the older one. Which is not saying that both can't be involved in one way or another.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
08/30/2010 09:28 AM (UTC)
I dont know if this proves anything, but the magazine cover of EGM featuring subzero has him in the same stance as Noob Saibots MKD render pose.

Also playing MKDC, his eye scar and eecolour in his one eye are CLEARLY visable, shich means that it was deffinately 100% taken out for this.

That is the original subzero in that trailer. Unless for some reason its younger subzero and he hasnt received his scar yet,
Ninja_Mime
08/30/2010 09:35 AM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:
Unless for some reason its younger subzero and he hasnt received his scar yet,

kombat_king
08/30/2010 10:20 AM (UTC)
didn't he get the scar just before MK3 (while escaping automation)? I'm sure I read that somewhere
EDIT: I forgot, it was Kung Lao who gave him the scar
RazorsEdge701
08/30/2010 11:11 AM (UTC)
The fact is that MK9's plot covers more than one game, and that period is when we switched from one Sub-Zero to the other, so they both have to appear unless the story has been changed. And if the story was changed, any changes would have to favor the one who shows up first...and that's the older one.
I mean, it's not like they can have the younger brother be the one who attends MK1 and the older bro just somehow doesn't ever show up. That wouldn't make any sense.
Gillbob316
08/30/2010 05:20 PM (UTC)
kombat_king Wrote:
It's going back to the first tournament, therefore it would make sense that it's the older one. Which is not saying that both can't be involved in one way or another.

I keep seeing people say, "This game takes place during MK1" or "This game takes place during MK2" or "This game takes during MK3" to suit their arguements... and I can't help but think... "What are you, some kinda dope?"

This game can't take place during any ONE game... that doesn't make any damn sense. Those three games described key events/tournaments that took place over long stretches of time. I could definately see this game stretching across all THREE of them in a story mode like MK vs DC's... but this game doesn't fall squarely into the timeline of any one of those three games.

Cyrax and Sektor are already robots. How does that place this game during MK1 exactly?

All Boon and co. have said is that Raiden contacted himself in the past, and that this game describes a world where the events of MK1-3 have unfolded differently... This game retells the history of that era. It doesn't necissarily take place entirely -during- that era. If it did, the story would barely move forward at all... it would be the same thing as Shaolin Monks, where we see alot of retconned history we already knew, but no new progression in the overall story.

So -technically- it should be capping off in a place around the endish of MK3, possibly bleeding into the beginning of MK4 timeline, and altering it. (which is highly likely, since most people with half a brain already assume Quan Chi and possibly other characters from MK4 and beyond will be on the roster.)
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
08/30/2010 06:03 PM (UTC)
When they reveal the younger Sub-Zero, I'm sure he'll have his MK3 outfit.

It makes sense that the original classic Sub-Zero would look classic. If the younger has an ninja outfit, I would assume it would be his alt.
TemperaryUserName Wrote:
When they reveal the younger Sub-Zero, I'm sure he'll have his MK3 outfit.

It makes sense that the original classic Sub-Zero would look classic. If the younger has an ninja outfit, I would assume it would be his alt.

I agree.
Halfrican
08/30/2010 07:47 PM (UTC)
I think they'll do a better job of costume design than they did waaaaay back in MK3. Or I hope they will. Buff white dude with slicked back hair wearing some strange lovechild of a vest and suspenders with nothing under it doesn't really scream runaway half-chinese assassin, or even cool for that matter, to me. Let's leave MK3 costume designs where they belong, in MK3. But maybe that's just me.
sss133
08/31/2010 12:40 AM (UTC)
People saying that coz it starts at mk1 it has to be the older one I dont agree with, they could easily include the older one in story mode rather than just have him on the roster, just like they did in deception when you would fight shang tsung and quan chi etc
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
08/31/2010 01:40 AM (UTC)
sss133 Wrote:
they could easily include the older one in story mode rather than just have him on the roster, just like they did in deception when you would fight shang tsung and quan chi etc

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying in the story mode both Sub-Zeros will share the same model? Cause they better not. If that ends up being the case, then all this arguing for the sake of the younger Sub-Zero's ingenuity has been in vain.

And are you referring to Deception's Konquest mode? Because you can't take that design philosophy to heart. Konquest was a rushed sub-mode in addition to the main game, and they were being very minimalist with the character models. That won't be the case this time; this is suppose to be a detailed retelling "with a twist."
RazorsEdge701
08/31/2010 03:51 AM (UTC)
TemperaryUserName Wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying in the story mode both Sub-Zeros will share the same model? Cause they better not. If that ends up being the case, then all this arguing for the sake of the younger Sub-Zero's ingenuity has been in vain.

Man, who's been arguing for "ingenuity"? I just want their part of the story to be the same as it was the first time. If that means they gotta share a model, then fuck, I'll settle for that. Whatever it takes, y'know?
But for the record, I would prefer for the younger bro to get the MK3 costume and have the ice clone move and that sort of stuff. I can live without it if I have to, but I would prefer it. (Or rather, the updated Deadly Alliance version of it, but without the wrinkles and gray hair, and with the scar still red, because that was all caused by the dragon medallion, which he shouldn't have yet.)
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
08/31/2010 04:56 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Man, who's been arguing for "ingenuity"? I just want their part of the story to be the same as it was the first time. If that means they gotta share a model, then fuck, I'll settle for that. Whatever it takes, y'know?

If it's a question of compromise, and I have to choose between the younger Sub-Zero being a cyborg or an alt-costume, I'm going to pick the alt costume. But that's the difference between losing a hand and a finger. They're both unique characters who deserve unique representation. They each have some of the richest story material. The older has MKmythologies, and the younger has MK2-MKA. They've earned their squares on the select screen and the alt costumes to go with that honor.

But if I had to snub one, I'd snub the older. He's probably going to be Noob Saibot in the long run, so it seems senseless to give the older Sub-Zero two slots but the younger Sub none at all. But the older is in of course; no changing that now. I can now only hope the younger gets proper representation.
sss133
08/31/2010 05:17 AM (UTC)
Nah what i'm saying is that the younger s-z is the one we've been seeing, but in story mode the older one will be included into the mk1 story chapter with a different model, but we wont be able to play as him. And he could be a secret unplayable character in arcade like smoke and jade were in mk2. I just referenced mkd conquest because it shows that characters don't have to be included in the actual roster to be part of the game
Ninja_Mime
08/31/2010 05:20 AM (UTC)
When was it ever confirmed that we've seen the older Sub-Zero? Some foreign website or magazine?
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
08/31/2010 05:24 AM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
When was it ever confirmed that we've seen the older Sub-Zero? Some foreign website or magazine?

The EGM magazine confirmed it. It was the one with the huge-ass Sub-Zero on the front. The foreign (Brazilian?) article corroborated EGM's confirmation. It is possible EGM fucked up, but all the evidence thus far says older Sub.

sss133
08/31/2010 05:25 AM (UTC)
One of the devolopers said it was the older sub in an interview, as far as i know thats all so until boon says it i dont consider it confirmed
sss133
08/31/2010 05:32 AM (UTC)
They could always do the MKT thing where start spins the character (Kano, Jax, Raiden and Kung Lao) so you could have both in and that would explain the 26 slots and not being enough for everyone from mk1-3 argument
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

08/31/2010 10:39 AM (UTC)
sss133 Wrote:
I'm not sure if more has been said from devolopers but from what a remember theres only been 1 confirmation of the sub zero being the older brother, so what if the guy who said it mistakingly stated it was the older not the younger brother...If this is the case which I'm starting to think it may be it makes perfect sense for the mk team to let us speculate and not correct the mistake. What do you guys think??

Yeah, it's all screwed up.

- Character model doesn't have scar on his face.
Which could mean it's the MK1 Sub but doesn't rule out MK2 Sub either.

- Raiden comes in contact with himself in the MK1 era though.

BUT
Sub-Zero has a variation of the Ground Freeze...which is MK2 Sub's move a.k.a. scar face subby.

wow

I hope they give us bios again, before and after, to make this clear.
Lokheit
08/31/2010 11:25 PM (UTC)
If young sub-zer is going ninja I woul love to see him with a mask like the one he used in shaolin monks or either the one from his main costume in deception. This looked great!
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.