MK HD Kollection Wal-mart confirmed release date by TRMK Twitter
posted10/20/2010 12:28 AM (UTC)by
MK2US
TRMK TRMK - Mortal Kombat
TRMK Reader @Kemper206 discovered Wal-mart also has MK HD Kollection listed as coming soon in their system.

http://yfrog.com/mjxrgj
mkdfan
About Me
10/11/2010 09:46 PM (UTC)
How do they expect this to sell well by revealing it a month before it comes out?
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
10/11/2010 09:48 PM (UTC)
mkdfan Wrote:
How do they expect this to sell well by revealing it a month before it comes out?

I kinda see the HD collection as a big ad for MK2011. If the demo rumor is true, then that will definitely help sales.
whatuknowaboutMK?
About Me

Winter is Coming A Lanister always pays his debts You know nothing Jon Snow! We do not sow! Valar Morghulis

10/11/2010 09:56 PM (UTC)
YES! Yes yes yes I never doubted it! HA to everyone who did!tongue
TonyTheTiger
About Me

TonyTheTiger - Forum Director

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
Nintendo is comprised of three Japanese words. Nin, Ten, Dou, and when combined it means we kicked the holy shit outta Atari.

10/11/2010 09:57 PM (UTC)
Moving to Future Games forum.
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
10/11/2010 09:58 PM (UTC)
I'd prefer having the PS2 games in HD instead of PS1.
comawhite46943
10/11/2010 10:03 PM (UTC)
For sure... I work at Walmart and just checked on the wire... its listed but without a product code and the rating is pending. Only listed for ps3 of course.
Kniew
About Me
10/11/2010 11:23 PM (UTC)
I haven't looked at the new releases on the wire in a long time. This is exciting.
humansmoke44
10/12/2010 02:03 AM (UTC)
mkdfan Wrote:

they better market it like crazy this month is all i know. to the point where they are dropping fliers from parade floats over cities.
mkreptile8860
10/12/2010 06:06 AM (UTC)
WBBBB announce this shit already wtf!!!!!! i got fifty bucks i wanna preoder this shit already !!!grinwinkfurious
ShaolinChuan
10/13/2010 10:21 PM (UTC)
Don't worry guys, when the game is released in November, you can go to gamestop or wherever you get your games from. Ask for the game, clerk will give you an invisible case so once you get home you can unwrap it and open up to reveal what? An invisible disc inside!

Then you'll open the disc tray and pop that baby in. Oh wait, no disc? What's that about?
WingsOfRedemption
10/15/2010 08:40 PM (UTC)
This makes me doubt that they re-did much of anything and just compiled some online versions of MK1-3.
humansmoke44
10/15/2010 08:53 PM (UTC)
WingsOfRedemption Wrote:
This makes me doubt that they re-did much of anything and just compiled some online versions of MK1-3.

according to the MK HD Kollection thread at TRMK.org, some users are finding preorder pages on websites where the MK Kollection doesn't even include "HD" in the title. A troubling sign indeed.
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
10/15/2010 11:03 PM (UTC)
Wouldn't worry about it. "MKHDK" was probably just a working title. After all, they did go through a whole filming process with new actors.
Kanemaru
10/16/2010 02:32 PM (UTC)
Wanna see the cover!

The real one hasn't been confirmed yet.
MEGAFIRE
About Me

Mortal Kombat -------------------------- 7/10
Mortal Kombat II --------------------- 9.5/10
Mortal Kombat 3 --------------------- 7.5/10
Mortal Kombat 4 ----------------------- 6/10
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - 10/10
Mortal Kombat: Deception ---------- 8/10
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon ------ 4/10
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe -- 7/10
Mortal Kombat (2011) -------------- 9.5/10

10/16/2010 08:22 PM (UTC)
I wish they would just come on and officially announce it.
TheDarkPassenger
10/17/2010 06:02 PM (UTC)
I want this game to be real, sooooo bad, but I recently called Wal-Mart and Gamestop and asked them to look it up in their system--neither have it in their system.

I'm not saying that these pictures are fake, but I would think that this game would at least show in their systems.

I'm pretty disappointed after talking to the stores--does anyone have any new news or evidence of this game's existence?
BNZ27
10/17/2010 06:31 PM (UTC)
TheDarkPassenger Wrote:
I want this game to be real, sooooo bad, but I recently called Wal-Mart and Gamestop and asked them to look it up in their system--neither have it in their system.

I'm not saying that these pictures are fake, but I would think that this game would at least show in their systems.

I'm pretty disappointed after talking to the stores--does anyone have any new news or evidence of this game's existence?

Did you make sure they were aware that it was an upcoming game, rather than a current game? The list that was pictured before is one that shows upcoming games, along with their release date and rating. At this point, the games wouldn't even technically show up in the computer because they haven't been assigned a bar code or product number.

I've seen at various forums where supposed Wal-Mart employers are verifying the upcoming games listing as well as employers from Gamestop, Best Buy and Toys R Us. Hopefully they aren't all BSing us, but no one will know for sure until WB gets off their butts and announce the game. At this point, considering they have yet to officially confirm -or- deny it, I'm not sure what to think.
TheDarkPassenger
10/17/2010 06:43 PM (UTC)
When I asked them, I said that it was a game that is coming out soon. It's now under a month until release, has a game ever gone this close to release without official confirmation from the publisher/developer? This would be a great fan service game, and one that I think would get people excited about the new game coming out next year, so it would be a good move.

Though, I think it would be a miracle if they re-did these games, and not a single screenshot, or anything leaked up to its release.

Not sure what I think for now, but one thing is for certain: The fans want this game, and I think that they would make some money by doing it, so everyone wins--let's hope it's real.
BNZ27
10/17/2010 09:49 PM (UTC)
TheDarkPassenger Wrote:
When I asked them, I said that it was a game that is coming out soon. It's now under a month until release, has a game ever gone this close to release without official confirmation from the publisher/developer? This would be a great fan service game, and one that I think would get people excited about the new game coming out next year, so it would be a good move.

Though, I think it would be a miracle if they re-did these games, and not a single screenshot, or anything leaked up to its release.

Not sure what I think for now, but one thing is for certain: The fans want this game, and I think that they would make some money by doing it, so everyone wins--let's hope it's real.

Well, with tomorrow being Mortal Monday, I'd say that should be the day they announce it if they plan to do so. I don't believe any somewhat major game has ever gone to retail without an actual confirmation or advertising strategy.

But, the thing that still gets me is, even though WB hasn't officially announced anything, just about every Mortal Kombat fan (and even many non-MK fans) know about this game and are preparing to purchase it if/when it's available.

As I said before, just the fact that the team has been so hush-hush about it makes me curious. You'd think that if there were absolutely no chance this game was even being considered by the team, someone would have told us. Watching interviews from a few months back of Hans Lo where he's asked directly about the game and he smirks, then sarcastically replies, "Uh... what is that? I've never heard of that," leads me to believe there's something to it. It didn't seem to take him by surprise. He and Ed both simply reply, "I can't say anything 'right now'." Hhm... I guess we will find out one way or the other very soon.
humansmoke44
10/17/2010 10:14 PM (UTC)
I have to admit despite the overwhelming evidence that this game does exist: the preorder links, the incoming release dates for retailers, co-relating hd releases, and Ed Boon's refusal to "deny its existence" cause he doesn't want to lie to the fans; I am starting to get more and more worried since it is suposed to come out in less than a month and still no word
TheDarkPassenger
10/18/2010 12:34 AM (UTC)
I wasn't aware of Mortal Mondays, hopefully they'll officially announce it tomorrow! I guess we will all just have to wait and see what happens; the anticipation is killing me though!
skillz
10/18/2010 10:36 AM (UTC)
humansmoke44 Wrote:
I have to admit despite the overwhelming evidence that this game does exist: the preorder links, the incoming release dates for retailers, co-relating hd releases, and Ed Boon's refusal to "deny its existence" cause he doesn't want to lie to the fans; I am starting to get more and more worried since it is suposed to come out in less than a month and still no word

I hear ya, time is running out. I have a feeling that the reason has something to do with the "supposed" MK9 Demo. Maybe they can't make the deadline. Either way, I hope we will hear something soon. Don't think we will see an anouncement on Mortal Monday's tough.
BNZ27
10/18/2010 07:08 PM (UTC)
A couple people have said on Twitter (telling @TRMK) that they have preordered MK HD Kollection from GAME (a UK retailer). I tried searching the GAME website, but I don't see a listing anywhere.

Interestingly, they say the preorder says the game's release date is November 1st. That's the earliest I've seen it listed (most places say the 16th for US release and 18th for Euro release). Now what's so interesting about November 1st (other than that it's only 2 weeks away)??? The current countdown timer on the official site is counting down to that particular date. Hhhm.... it's interesting, but I'm not buying it. I can't find a listing and WB hasn't mentioned anything..... yet.
Adam Ronin
10/19/2010 01:42 AM (UTC)
I still don't buy it. If this game DOES exist, it won't be coming out for over a year I bet. No way a game is in production for release in 3 weeks and there is no word bout it. Just doesn't work like that. Everyone calm down and look forward to other things because this one aint happening.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.