New female character revealed in GTTV?
posted11/13/2010 12:56 AM (UTC)by
Shinomune
Hey guys, I noticed during the GTTV that when Geoff interviewed Hans Lo we can see an "arcade cabinet" with some action. And then, in 12:10, I was in shock because of that:

¿Sindel? It's a female, with white hair (and eyes?), and purple clothes (and lipstick?), but her hairstyle looks more like Fujin...

Thoughts?

PS: Thanks for Jin Kazama VGH (TRMK.org forums user) for the capture pic
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

10/29/2010 11:22 AM (UTC)
I dunno how you see Purple, all I see is black and flesh color skin. I wanna say that it's Kitana because of the hair bangs but it doesn't look like the person is wearing a mask.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

10/29/2010 11:44 AM (UTC)
GameTrailers have no clue on the possible gold they're sitting on right now, since they definitely recorded whatever that is.

It does look like a female.
Looks like she has Kitana's hair bangs with a pony tail in the back.
I think I can see arm accessory on the left arm.

My guess?
A young Sindel with a serious exposed chest. I swear I can see a portion of boobage.
or
Alternate Attire Kitana with pony tail (yay).

I'm trying to refrain myself from saying Black Haired Sonya Blade.
MK2US
10/29/2010 11:55 AM (UTC)
I'd say it's Kitana's dark purple alternate costume. She has the same front hairstyle but this time with one ribbon that looks like a pony tale and without the mask.

The hair seems black and not gray, most probably it's the light effects and the pic poor colors and resolutions that makes it look gray.
razz2d2
10/29/2010 12:04 PM (UTC)
this character looks caucasian to me, but its weird... it almost androgenous.
we've had that from sonya before. the face looks young so maybe not fujin. reminds me of a fem nightwolf or something....geez iono.
could it be some other character like from one of the side games or whatever?
Milaana
10/29/2010 12:05 PM (UTC)
Isn't that Nightwolf?
MK2US
10/29/2010 12:22 PM (UTC)
Milaana Wrote:
Isn't that Nightwolf?

Could be. I first thought there's a boob but it's actually his right hand posture. Most probably it's young Shang Tsung from MK3.
Milaana
10/29/2010 12:24 PM (UTC)
Maybe they changed nightwolfs model?
MK2US
10/29/2010 12:33 PM (UTC)
EDIT: My final guess is a close version of Shang Tsung from MKvsDC, a bit older with grayer or white hair (which makes his white goatee on his white skin unclear with the pic low resolutions and colors and light effects). You can see the resemblance from the hairstyle and the upper torso outfit.

http://www.trmk.org/images/mkdcu/ShangTsung_Render.jpg

Again, there seems not to be boobs cuz the left one is missing anyway, it's his right hand/fist with black glove posture next to his right chest. And next to his left chest we see part of his upper left arm or shoulder.
razz2d2
10/29/2010 12:34 PM (UTC)
but it looks like two boobs...girls have those, right?
cant be kitana cuz the upper face is different, and no face paint so not NW either. and i doubt theyre alts cuz since when do we fight alts in an arcade ladder? even if we did, a different render?
that top almost looks like MK3 SZ's, and that blue ball or whatever that is.
omg... so for a second i thought it was young fem SZ and then all these images of her and smoke being romantically involved...it made me quiver.
now there's a change.
Milaana
10/29/2010 12:36 PM (UTC)
Maybe Kitana got a new model, as her older model got pretty much hated by everyone.
Simpfiend1023
10/29/2010 12:54 PM (UTC)
That really looks like Sareena. I could be wrong it could be nightwolf, but it looks like sareena.
MK2US
10/29/2010 01:19 PM (UTC)
razz2d2 Wrote:

that top almost looks like MK3 SZ's, and that blue ball or whatever that is.
omg... so for a second i thought it was young fem SZ and then all these images of her and smoke being romantically involved...it made me quiver.
now there's a change.

This is not a blue ball, it's the remainder/end of the gray pony tail that shows between the backward arm position and the chest/upper torso.
JAX007
About Me

10/29/2010 01:28 PM (UTC)
I kinda see Sonya...light hair in a ponytail and what looks to be dog tags around her neck.

Dunno, might be seing things lol.
Adam Ronin
10/29/2010 01:34 PM (UTC)
It's most absolutely Nightwolf.
MK2US
10/29/2010 01:50 PM (UTC)
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
It's most absolutely Nightwolf.

But Nightwolf has some red paint on his face. Also, he doesn't have a long pony tale with gray color as it most probably is in this pic, his hair is more loosen.

JAX007
About Me

10/29/2010 02:03 PM (UTC)
Sonya?

J-spit
About Me
Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
10/29/2010 02:03 PM (UTC)
I downloaded and zoomed in on it. I promise you that it's Sonya.

She's either wearing a vest or a black beater. Seriously. Damnit she has a friggin ponytail!
MrHoppyX
10/29/2010 02:21 PM (UTC)
I think it's Frost, and that's not her hair - it's her hand with a handwrap or glove on.
Mojo6
About Me

10/29/2010 02:28 PM (UTC)
I'd say Sonya is a safe bet as you can tell it's a woman. Also, she's wearing dark leather gloves and some sort of vest or jacket. The hair is tough to see though as it's covered.
~Crow~
10/29/2010 02:37 PM (UTC)
I'm just not sure that looks like any incarnation of Sonya that much. I would be very surprised because it's a totally new direction if that's actually her, but I'm skeptical since she usually has the same design.
queve
10/29/2010 02:43 PM (UTC)
First of all: AWESOME find! grin Thanks so much for this pic. You've probably given us the first look of Sonya, and damn she looks good even in low quality.

WeaponTheory Wrote:

It does look like a female.
Looks like she has Kitana's hair bangs with a pony tail in the back.
I think I can see arm accessory on the left arm.
I'm trying to refrain myself from saying Black Haired Sonya Blade.

The hair is most definitely light colored and not black colored. Look at the strong difference between the hair of the new female in the picture (blond? white?) and the hair of Mileena (black). It is definitely not black:

And Sonya's had bangs even before her amazing ones style in MkvsDC (MK3, MKSM). I seriously hope she gets them back and in similar style to her MKvsDC bangs-design. That is definitely Sonya's style before it got used for the other females.

JAX007 Wrote:
Sonya?

I'm mega suepr excited. I certainly hope it's her because she looks amazing!

~Crow~ Wrote:
I'm just not sure that looks like any incarnation of Sonya that much. I would be very surprised because it's a totally new direction if that's actually her, but I'm skeptical since she usually has the same design.

Sonya has actually been one of the few characters who's design completely changes to something new through all the games. The style is what remains the same, and that's different.

Milaana Wrote:
Maybe Kitana got a new model, as her older model got pretty much hated by everyone.

I think that's highly unlikely at this point....unless that's her alt costume which is a valid possibility. If it is, she looks soooo much better tahn with the mask. But that hair is definitely not black. It's either blond (or grayish). I think this is definitely Miss Sonya Fucking Blade. smile Yay!
Linkdarkside
10/29/2010 02:51 PM (UTC)
Milaana Wrote:
i sont know were you been because most places i go love her design,
Garlador
10/29/2010 02:56 PM (UTC)
Fairly certain we've just seen a blurry shot of Sonya.

It's not Kitana. The hair is too light and the mask is gone. I might consider an alt, but good developers tend to finalize the roster before wasting resources on bonus costumes.

I don't think it's Sindel. The hair style doesn't look like her. It could still be, but the face just doesn't look vamped enough nor do I see her skunk-colored hair motif.

Probably not Sareena, despite wishful thinking. I don't see her eye markings.

That sort of narrows it down to Sonya. Light hair, ponytail, classic character. Her vest (?) looks much darker than her usual white, green, or army tan attire, though she did have the black tank top from Shaolin Monks. Either way, it's probably her.
JADEdSCORPION
10/29/2010 03:04 PM (UTC)
That looks a lot like Sindel to me...her hair looks gray. I don't really see Sonya much only because of her clothing. It doesn't look very much related to army or warfare like Sonya would be wearing. I think if it were to be Sonya her hair would be a lot more yellow. Blonde isn't exactly yellow, but I feel like it's been exaggerated or made clear in earlier games.
Pages: 8
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.