Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (24.6%)
Jade (39.7%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (27.3%)
Freddy Krueger (8.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • February 7th, 2018
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Injustice 2 Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • February 5th, 2018
    Injustice 2 Ninja Turtles Reveal This Week [Read On]
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Discussing Mortal Kombat (2011) and Komplete Edition (2012).
Page of 2

~Crow~Posted: 11/09/2010 02:07 PMStatus ::
Netherrealm Studios Reveals Sub-Zero Render!

This week's Mortal Monday might have come one day late, but it will be well worth the wait for Sub-Zero fans. The icy assassin is the featured combatant this week as a brand new, high quality render was revealed via the official Facebook account for the game.

Sub-Zero Select Render (small)Sub-Zero Attack Render

Sub-Zero attacks a victim with his kori blade after freezing them solid, slicing them in half. This image follows up the other released media in Sub-Zero's selection screen featuring what was a frozen victim. In addition to this, a small render of Sub-Zero can be seen on the main select screen. This render featuring him creating his trademark ice blast.

Thanks to forum member queve for the word on this story!

VomitPosted: 11/09/2010 02:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::2775
Nationality::Armenia
RE: Netherrealm Studios Reveals Sub-Zero Render!

The level of detail on Sub-Zero is great, although I'm not feeling the dreary sleepless thing he has going with his eyes. Maybe make him a bit fierce and angry? I mean, he's killing a man in solid ice, no? Maybe he's bored of doing all the killing? The living forest, however, looks great.

quevePosted: 11/09/2010 02:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

Wonderful wallpaper. I love the detail and how beautifully its been rendered. Sub-Zero's fatality looks awesome.

I do prefer the idea of him using the head skeleton over the sword though (for the final blow).

With that said, I will copy/paste a response I wrote in the other thread regarding the complaints about all this Scorpion/Sub-Zero stuff:

Is it honestly that surprising?

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=127746

Whatever they are doing its obviously not working as it should be.

The entire promotion and marketing of this game has been lousy and messed up since that first stupid countdown (subject that has already been beaten to death by everyone) and it doesn't seem to stop.

We are not asking for a new character reveal every day, however, people are actually hoping to see something NEW for a change. This avalanche of the ninja-stuff has reached the point where people actually yawn or roll their eyes at it. Not good. We've seen all of this before, like, enough times already.

Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Sonya (along side Batman, Superman, and Flash) were the primary characters for promotion and marketing in MKvsDC, and even so, that game had a very good balanced marketing featuring the rest of the cast. The others didn't shine as much but they all got a fair amount of light and in good time.

Nobody complained about having either ninja or Sonya featured in almost everything because there was always something "new" to talk about.

This is obviously not the case here. So, do we actually have to wait another 2 whole months before seeing someone and something different and new that (hopefully) doesn't only feature the ninjas? To make this thing work better and faster the Subby bio video (or the gameplay one which will definitely be shown) should had been released along side these "new" pictures.

At least I'm glad to know the Team is listening to the fans because more than one have talked about this issue.

Give us Johnny Cage, Mileena, Raiden, Jax, Nightwolf, Sektor, etc. And hopefully we can expect the same for the ones that haven't been revealed yet like Sonya, Smoke, Jade, Kano, etc.

KamalPosted: 11/09/2010 02:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::4971
Nationality::United States

I hope his sword is replacing the victims spine in the render because they're trying to keep the wallpapers PG-13. If the sword replaces the spine and skull in the final game I'm going to be pissed!

-Let Mortal Kombat Begin
mkdfanPosted: 11/09/2010 02:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::8517
Nationality::England

I love this render. I cannae decide between Subby or Scorp to use for my desktop wallpaper.

I hope every character gets a pic like this. Mileena would be SICK!

IcebabyPosted: 11/09/2010 02:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::11647

Before I say my two cents on the picture, I would like to get one thing out.

Okay, so many people here are getting frustrated over the fact that they're releasing just Scorpion and Sub-Zero things more than any other characters. Despite that they're mostly releasing stuff in order from either the website or whatever, do note that Netherrealm Studios does things differently than other game companies.

So they're releasing their mascot-like characters first, whoopty-do. Just because other fighting games doesn't do this, doesn't mean that everyone needs to play "Follow the Leader" and copy the exact same thing. I'm glad that they're doing things differently, releasing information at the pace that they want to release and how they're doing it seems perfectly fine to me. With that said, just keep quiet about how they're releasing stuff over the same two characters. We've read your complaints, we know you're frustrated, just get over it.

I'd rather see this than seeing nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all! (Ugh, stupid sexy Flanders)

Anyways, that given, I'm glad that there's already a cool wallpaper for Sub-Zero, though his render seems too similar towards the one for MKvsDC. I do not like the stance they have him in.

BIG_SYKE19Posted: 11/09/2010 02:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::1188

why is older sub zero using the sword. i thought only ysubs used it.

ShaolinChuanPosted: 11/09/2010 02:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::14903

Kamal Wrote:
I hope his sword is replacing the victims spine in the render because they're trying to keep the wallpapers PG-13. If the sword replaces the spine and skull in the final game I'm going to be pissed!

Same here, they better not mess with the original fatality, as it seems very badass.

AsesinoPosted: 11/09/2010 02:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::14218
Nationality::Bulgaria

The trees look awesome.What a kool redesign of the living forest.

quevePosted: 11/09/2010 02:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

Icebaby Wrote:
Before I say my two cents on the picture, I would like to get one thing out.

Okay, so many people here are getting frustrated over the fact that they're releasing just Scorpion and Sub-Zero things more than any other characters. Despite that they're mostly releasing stuff in order from either the website or whatever, do note that Netherrealm Studios does things differently than other game companies.

So they're releasing their mascot-like characters first, whoopty-do. Just because other fighting games doesn't do this, doesn't mean that everyone needs to play "Follow the Leader" and copy the exact same thing. I'm glad that they're doing things differently, releasing information at the pace that they want to release and how they're doing it seems perfectly fine to me. With that said, just keep quiet about how they're releasing stuff over the same two characters. We've read your complaints, we know you're frustrated, just get over it.

I'd rather see this than seeing nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all! (Ugh, stupid sexy Flanders)

Anyways, that given, I'm glad that there's already a cool wallpaper for Sub-Zero, though his render seems too similar towards the one for MKvsDC. I do not like the stance they have him in.

You telling people to be quiet about their complaints because you are tired of reading them would be the same as those people telling you to be quiet about your approval because we are tired of reading it as well.

You are OK with something others are not. That's fine. However, just because you are pleased doesn't mean the rest should be or that they "should keep quiet". That's not fine at all. People have a right to talk/complain/discuss/disagree/etc if they want to as long as they don't troll around without a point.

And I meant no disrespect to you by this response.

MilaanaPosted: 11/09/2010 03:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::949
Nationality::Netherlands

Icebaby is probably fine with it because Subby is her personal favorite character :p

But I agree 100% with Queve, too much of everything is not good for you.

And instead of these wallpapers they should give us movies about multiple characters and some bios or something like that.

oraclePosted: 11/09/2010 03:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::9369

I kind of don't like what I can see of Sub-Zero's face. I'm not sure how old the elder Sub-Zero was but from this render he seems to have aged like the younger one did when he got the Dragon Medallion.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Vash_15Posted: 11/09/2010 03:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::11780

queve Wrote:

I get what you're saying, but you forget that what they released was based on what the fans voted for. They let everyone vote for who they wanted to see, and in the end they wanted to see Sub-Zero. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you, I think it's a generally bad idea, as it has been with the entire advertising of the game thus far, especially when compared to MK vs DC when news was at a constant flow with videos, screen shots, character reveals and trailers, all properly spaced out. But the ridiculous part is that fans can't ask for something and then be pissed when they get what they want.

Here's the short version:

Fans: *vote for Sub-Zero*
MK Team: *releases pictures*
Fans: NOOO STOP SHOWING US SUB ZERO

IcebabyPosted: 11/09/2010 03:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::11647

queve Wrote:
You telling people to be quiet about their complaints because you are tired of reading them would be the same as those people telling you to be quiet about your approval because we are tired of reading it as well.

I'm not telling people to be quiet, I'm just saying that everyone should at least calm down with the way we're receiving news. We voted for what we wanted to see, so we should all face the consequences on what we're getting. You all wanted it, so here you go.

queve Wrote:
You are OK with something others are not. That's fine. However, just because you are pleased doesn't mean the rest should be or that they "should keep quiet". That's not fine at all. People have a right to talk/complain/discuss/disagree/etc if they want to as long as they don't troll around without a point.

Not sure how people can't be pleased with getting something. So their favorite character isn't revealed yet. Why should everything move fast? If things move in a faster pace, what's going to happen come towards the end? Everything will be revealed to us and there's nothing left to awe over. That's my point. I don't have an issue with people complaining about anything, but they shouldn't complain at how NS is revealing things to us. We can't control that, there's nothing we can do to stop them from doing what they're doing unless you all head to Chicago and protest. That's the only way you can get Ed to stop what he's doing. And why bother? You all want a MK game right? It's just pretty lame to complain about how they're doing this. They're with a new company, they're finally doing things on how they want to do, why complain about the goodness on having a better company to develop the game and more time to get everything they want to include the game? That's just what I have to say.

Milaana Wrote:
Icebaby is probably fine with it because Subby is her personal favorite character :p

Who is Subby? Subby is not my favorite character. Sub-Zero, yes but not Subby.

ShadalooPosted: 11/09/2010 04:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

The bio up on Facebook wrote:

Killed by Scorpion, Sub-Zero returned with a vengeance as a ninja on a killing mission and continues to slaughter his enemies.

WAT

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
m0s3pHPosted: 11/09/2010 04:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::15664

I like the design on the right, not so much the left. Can't quite put my finger on what it is, however.

MilaanaPosted: 11/09/2010 04:26 PMStatus ::

[b]Who is Subby? Subby is not my favorite character. Sub-Zero, yes but not Subby.[/b]

I was only joking. You really picked your username well, altho queen should replace baby.

Does anybody know when that forum finally opens up to us? Some moderator chick of that forum said they were almost finished and that they would open up this week... but still no sign of the register buttom.

I would prefer the opening of the forum to some ice ninja pictures.

~Crow~Posted: 11/09/2010 04:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::39491
Nationality::Antarctica

Milaana Wrote:
[b]Who is Subby? Subby is not my favorite character. Sub-Zero, yes but not Subby.[/b]

I was only joking. You really picked your username well, altho queen should replace baby.

Does anybody know when that forum finally opens up to us? Some moderator chick of that forum said they were almost finished and that they would open up this week... but still no sign of the register buttom.

I would prefer the opening of the forum to some ice ninja pictures.

... so you would prefer to talk to the same people on this site on that site as opposed to new media from the game? You can talk to people on forums already.

MilaanaPosted: 11/09/2010 04:31 PMStatus ::

The official forum will give us new info if we talk about some characters, isn't that new and cool?

I love this forum, but of course I want the other forum to be open aswel, so we can unleashe some new info about mileena, rayden en Kahn into this world :)

TortureLegendPosted: 11/09/2010 04:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::839

Shadaloo Wrote:

Killed by Scorpion, Sub-Zero returned with a vengeance as a ninja on a killing mission and continues to slaughter his enemies.

WAT

Ohhh shit, here we go.

XBLGT: Canvas of Souls Photobucket
m0s3pHPosted: 11/09/2010 04:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::15664

Shadaloo Wrote:

WAT

LOL

Please, please tell me that Facebook post is a hoax.

~Crow~Posted: 11/09/2010 04:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::39491
Nationality::Antarctica

Isn't that a few weeks old now?

ShinomunePosted: 11/09/2010 04:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::8727
Nationality::Spain

Yes. It's from the official website:

http://www.themortalkombat.com/web/guest/sub-zero

TheBigCityToiletPosted: 11/09/2010 05:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::841

Icebaby Wrote:
queve Wrote:

I'm not telling people to be quiet, I'm just saying that everyone should at least calm down with the way we're receiving news. We voted for what we wanted to see, so we should all face the consequences on what we're getting. You all wanted it, so here you go.

queve Wrote:

Not sure how people can't be pleased with getting something. So their favorite character isn't revealed yet. Why should everything move fast? If things move in a faster pace, what's going to happen come towards the end? Everything will be revealed to us and there's nothing left to awe over. That's my point. I don't have an issue with people complaining about anything, but they shouldn't complain at how NS is revealing things to us. We can't control that, there's nothing we can do to stop them from doing what they're doing unless you all head to Chicago and protest. That's the only way you can get Ed to stop what he's doing. And why bother? You all want a MK game right? It's just pretty lame to complain about how they're doing this. They're with a new company, they're finally doing things on how they want to do, why complain about the goodness on having a better company to develop the game and more time to get everything they want to include the game? That's just what I have to say.

Milaana Wrote:

Who is Subby? Subby is not my favorite character. Sub-Zero, yes but not Subby.

You would have a point if this was July or August, but it's the middle of November.

The game comes out in mid-to-late April.

That's close enough to start releasing better information than Renders and whatnot. And really, knowing what characters and stages are in the game isn't much of a spoiler. Now if they were cranking out Fatalities, story cutscenes, Krypt info, then yeah, they'd need to slow down.

As is? Hell, no, they need to speed up

ShadalooPosted: 11/09/2010 05:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

Shinomune Wrote:
Yes. It's from the official website:

http://www.themortalkombat.com/web/guest/sub-zero

Hmmm. Sub-Zero section's not loading. Updates in progress, I guess.

Could have sworn that tidbit on facebook was phrased differently on the site. If not, ignore my panic attack.

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
Page of 2

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.