What should Sonya outfit look like in Mortal Kombat 2011?
posted11/28/2010 06:00 PM (UTC)by
Sonya31
I know we all are use to Sonya wearing spandex,and military clothes. Do you think she should keep the spandex,and military wear,or trade them in for a sexier look like Mileena,Kitana,or Jade. I personally like the old wear but, I would like to see how she'll look in sexy clothes.

Let me know your thoughts on this.winksmiletongue
BIG_SYKE19
11/09/2010 11:02 PM (UTC)
similar to mk4 without the hat.
T-rex
About Me

11/09/2010 11:12 PM (UTC)
BIG_SYKE19 Wrote:
similar to mk4 without the hat.

Pretty much this.

I kinda want a mix between the Bridgitte Wilson look and her Shaolin Monks outfit.
samuhai
About Me

11/09/2010 11:45 PM (UTC)
MK4 look definitely. It was functional, logical, but still DAMN hot.

Maybe something sexy for her alternate if they're not in the mood to do more military style things.
DeathScepter
About Me

Save a life; Kill a necromorph

11/09/2010 11:49 PM (UTC)
practical with light armor. Overall look: Very Modest.

Leo
About Me

11/10/2010 12:03 AM (UTC)
Either MK4 + MKDC

or

MK4 + Shaolin Monks

I want them to, overall, maintain the sleek, futuristic theme of MK4 Sonya. Like it's been said above, without the hat. Sonya's hair is an icon by now in itself. At the same time, the outfit can't be as simplistic as MK4 was. It's 2011, after all!

Throw in some of the details that make MKDC Sonya and/or MKSM Sonya look tough as nails. For example, I love the tight leather pants of MK4, and the boot belts of MKDC (those were badass). I think MK4's tight leather pants + thigh-high, high-heeled, belted boots is an orgasmic combo and I love it!

The top could stay MK4ish, but I fear that, given the MK Team's goal of upping Sonya's cup size every game, it might not look great this time around. After all, MK4 top shows off the breasts a lot. I mean, at least MKDC had sleeves! Imagine double-F Sonya in the sleeveless, bare-all MK4 top!! I don't know... So maybe they could go Shaolin Monks style with the top, give her that same stylish turtleneck-ish top, showing off the great midsection (PLEASE keep her midsection similar to the MKSM render!) Speaking of which, BELLY PIERCING!!! I know some people dislike the belly piercing, but I motherfuckin love it and it MUST return! It draws so much attention to her iconic midsection, and makes her look modern and stylin', not so 100% military and "official", which I LOVE.

Furthermore, I think they could replace the jacket with details like the bands of MKDC. Those were cool as hell, and play well with sleek/futuristic. In terms of arm accessories, MKDC's is great: bands + gloves with the silver accentuations.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
11/10/2010 12:06 AM (UTC)
MK4 + MKDC for me. As long as its hot yet logical.
T-rex
About Me

11/10/2010 12:19 AM (UTC)
The best parts of the MKSM outfit were the camo pants and the bomber jacket. I fucking loved those. Also,her haircut in that game was lovely. :3
Rastabortionist
About Me

One more ounce will make me feel so great.... wait... now i cant feel my face.

11/10/2010 12:22 AM (UTC)
Sonya is flawed fundamentally for me, b/c i cant take her seriously as military elite. She's the quintessential "bad girl" who is really hot, but does everything she can to prove that's not all there is to her. Ultimately, she tries too hard. Also, her original looks made her look like an aerobics instructor, not a green beret. Therefore, I don't think she should even be in the military, but since that's already done w/, I would say that she should adhere to military uniform, but maybe subtly showcase her blonde hair, and make her female figure obvious during certain moves. The MK4 look was pretty good.

Also, someone said something about it not being too simplistic b/c "this is 2011" after all. See, I dont believe that costumes NEED to become overly detailed and complicated just b/c we have the technology to do so. I said in one of my first posts on this website that in recent games the ninjas have looked more like knights than ninjas. I would prefer to see functional clothing, w/ a little flair. I loved the MK3 outfits, even if the ninjas were palette swapped. The ninja outfit itself was really good.
-Brad-
11/10/2010 12:31 AM (UTC)

Shot taken from the Jax reveal video.
maximus12
11/10/2010 12:47 AM (UTC)
-Brad- Wrote:

Shot taken from the Jax reveal video.

Wait a second that kinda looks like a tower. How did I just notice this? Holy crap NERDGASM!!!
S0nofKrypton
About Me

"The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy." ― Kalu Kalu

11/10/2010 03:48 AM (UTC)
like this:

subtract the cap and give her blond hair in a ponytail and we've got ourselves the perfect Jill-sandwich......i mean Sonya concept. of course this picture is also nice but it's nowhere near what Sonya is all about. grin
T-rex
About Me

11/10/2010 03:50 AM (UTC)
D:

Holy fuck...

That's perfect!
Vash_15
About Me
11/10/2010 04:03 AM (UTC)
I've always been a fan of her Shaolin Monks outfit. It just gives her the military look. When you look back at her MK1-3 costume, you'd NEVER guess that she was a Special Forces officer. In MK4 it seemed like a step in the right direction, as did MKDA, but it still felt like something was missing. I just felt like MKSM was the best Sonya we've seen so far.

Yet at the same time, while I've been enjoying the costume evolution, I have to admit she's been losing her individuality. There's nothing unique about her anymore. She's virtually indistinguishable from any other military girl. If you show someone a picture of Sonya past MK3, they'd never guess it was "that chick from Mortal Kombat". If anything, most of my friends would say "when did Jill Valentine dye her hair?" So hopefully Sonya will have some defining features this time around to set her apart.
samuhai
About Me

11/10/2010 04:06 AM (UTC)
Rastabortionist Wrote:
Sonya is flawed fundamentally for me, b/c i cant take her seriously as military elite. She's the quintessential "bad girl" who is really hot, but does everything she can to prove that's not all there is to her. Ultimately, she tries too hard. Also, her original looks made her look like an aerobics instructor, not a green beret. Therefore, I don't think she should even be in the military, but since that's already done w/, I would say that she should adhere to military uniform, but maybe subtly showcase her blonde hair, and make her female figure obvious during certain moves. The MK4 look was pretty good.

Also, someone said something about it not being too simplistic b/c "this is 2011" after all. See, I dont believe that costumes NEED to become overly detailed and complicated just b/c we have the technology to do so. I said in one of my first posts on this website that in recent games the ninjas have looked more like knights than ninjas. I would prefer to see functional clothing, w/ a little flair. I loved the MK3 outfits, even if the ninjas were palette swapped. The ninja outfit itself was really good.

You can't exactly hold anything against her because of her Mk 1 and 3 outfits.... Remember the day and age, and the technology

Since then, there's been nothing wrong with her outfits in terms of military style. In almost all instances, I see it as perfectly fine that she wears something a little... "off", for official uniform. Both MK4 and DA weren't exactly SF or OIA missions specifically. For all we know she was on the run, got changed, tore her uniform whatever. It's not like she has superiors to impress wink

And of course, you've gotta remember this isn't the "real" military. If it was the real US military, she wouldn't even be IN the special forces let alone commanding them. I can forgive something like a bare midriff if I can forgive THAT. Sonya's outfit will only start to get crazy if she ends up Mileena or Kitana skanky. IE huge cleavage, shorty shorts or a miniskirt or somethin.

Honestly,s o long as she doesn't have that horrible DA hair -_-
Kamionero
11/10/2010 04:14 AM (UTC)
S0nofKrypton Wrote:
like this:

subtract the cap and give her blond hair in a ponytail and we've got ourselves the perfect Jill-sandwich......i mean Sonya concept. of course this picture is also nice but it's nowhere near what Sonya is all about. grin

LOL when I first saw Jill like this in RE5 I thought :WOW! Its like mk4 sonya streamlined and more badass

I'd love sonya to look like that.

I just really REALLY hope she doesnt end up as the brainwashed blonde in the unitard like so many before her (Sarah, Sophia, Nina, Jill, Cammy)
jbthrash
11/10/2010 05:19 AM (UTC)
Green Headband
Green Tank top with accessories
Green Fatigue pants
Kombat boots
Fingerless gloves from MKvsDC.

Yah that'll work. It has to be traditional to MK and MK3 but also realistic in my opinion. Soldiers shouldn't be wearing spandex.
MKSquad
11/10/2010 05:37 AM (UTC)
I'm expecting my girl to look kick ass with a mixture of her MK DA and MK v.s. DC look! I also want her to look more sensual and soft but still logical to her true personality so nothing to sexy or revealing but she should look badass! Hat or headband and fingerless gloves,cargo shorts kinda like in MK Annihilation with dog tags and a tank top or vest! Combat Boots FTW!
Locusta
11/10/2010 11:02 PM (UTC)
I agree, make her lok more like Jill, like a serious ass kickin special forces lady and less like a pinup. Other women in the game fullfill the gratuitous skin(it's a warrior princess thing) so Sonya should be like....army-chick...you know?
Sub-Zero_7th
11/10/2010 11:15 PM (UTC)
Basically, I'm in agreement with those that want Sonya's costume to be like Jill Valentine's. It would make her look like a character that can be taken seriously, and she would also look badass. glasses Going back to her old outfits, especially the MK1-MK3 stuff, would be a mistake.
Locusta
11/10/2010 11:29 PM (UTC)
LOL well I'm sure the arobics instructor MK1 outfit is totally out of the question. Just a hunch
Vomit
About Me

11/10/2010 11:53 PM (UTC)
I think Kamionero, and the quote before him, are spot on. I wouldn't have it any other way.
MKSquad
11/10/2010 11:58 PM (UTC)
I was just browsing online and came across this on the Midway forums I kinda like this look for Sonya it's sexy yet still badass! Of course some tweaking to it wouldn't be breaking a law jsut to perfect it but I like this look or something similar to it.
SEGAmaniac7
11/11/2010 12:03 AM (UTC)
MKSquad Wrote:
I was just browsing online and came across this on the Midway forums I kinda like this look for Sonya it's sexy yet still badass! Of course some tweaking to it wouldn't be breaking a law jsut to perfect it but I like this look or something similar to it.

I dont feel it.
MKSquad
11/11/2010 12:04 AM (UTC)
Oh,well what would you like to see Sonya look like then?
Pages: 5
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.