Cage. 2010
11/25/2010 02:28 AM (UTC)by
JAX007
About Me

Vash_15
About Me
11/24/2010 06:29 AM (UTC)
Good work, but I'm not getting the kung fu movie star vibe from him. It seems too... high school ish. Like he's the schools star quarter back that's hanging around for a few more years. I'd even go as far as to say he reminds me of Hank Hill.
JediSith
About Me

The enemy of my enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

11/24/2010 08:38 AM (UTC)
Vash_15 Wrote:
Good work, but I'm not getting the kung fu movie star vibe from him. It seems too... high school ish. Like he's the schools star quarter back that's hanging around for a few more years. I'd even go as far as to say he reminds me of Hank Hill.

"You just got Caged, I tell you what!"
I agree that he looks a bit too much like a jock, but it still looks like something Cage would wear in his free time.
MKKitana
11/24/2010 11:08 AM (UTC)
Kinda agree with the Jock theme, but I think Johnny Cage would ahve been a jock at high school anyway, and agree that its something he would likely wear.
Johnny cage would be so hard to design for IMO, given that he has basically always sported the same outfit (bare torso and pants with a stripe), seeing him in anything else is slightly strange. nice strange, btus till strange haha.

4/5 on this one.
RazorsEdge701
11/24/2010 12:47 PM (UTC)
Feels like an alt costume to me. I don't think he'd wear those pants to a fight. Of all the characters, Johnny is the one who has actual experience participating in, like, real karate tournament circuits. I feel like he'd have actual "ring gear" or athletic wear with his brand name all over it. The jacket's good, in that sense. It has that feel to it. It is a little too "high school letterman jacket" in style, though.
JAX007
About Me

11/24/2010 02:57 PM (UTC)
Johnny would fight in a tuxedo or anything that he finds fresh. I think a trendy jock styled jacket customized for him is right. glasses
RazorsEdge701
11/24/2010 03:07 PM (UTC)
Well yeah, but the tux is always an Alt too.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
11/24/2010 03:11 PM (UTC)
I appreciate the branding on clothes, rather than his person, but I'm definitely not feeling Johnny Cage from this. I don't think it's even got enough of a gimmick to get by like the tuxedo does. It's just too bland.
Sindel_Fan
11/24/2010 08:35 PM (UTC)
I like the top part.
The skinny jeans though, just like in real life, should not be wear by men. Ever.
It'd prefer a normal, blue jeans.

I feel the jock fits Cage quite well.
Good job.

Didn't he had that jacket on a screan shot in MKII????
Halfrican
11/24/2010 08:40 PM (UTC)
I wear skinny jeans and a v-neck almost every day. Color me offended.
RazorsEdge701
11/24/2010 10:38 PM (UTC)
Sindel_Fan Wrote:
Didn't he had that jacket on a screan shot in MKII????

The MK2 jacket looks more like an Olympics "Team USA" sorta thing

Sindel_Fan
11/24/2010 11:13 PM (UTC)
Yeah, that's the one i,m talking about.
Not the same, but same style.
Kamionero
11/25/2010 02:28 AM (UTC)
Nice! I was wondering how u'd change Cage up... considering he ussually has joggin pants and shoes... not much more....

I like this look. Considering its a reinvention, i like how it actually looks like something a hollywood actor would wear. U wouldnt make a bad fashion designer, lol, he looks like he could b in a GQ magazine
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.