Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (24.6%)
Jade (39.7%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (27.3%)
Freddy Krueger (8.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • February 7th, 2018
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Injustice 2 Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • February 5th, 2018
    Injustice 2 Ninja Turtles Reveal This Week [Read On]
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Discussing Mortal Kombat (2011) and Komplete Edition (2012).
Page of 5

~Crow~Posted: 01/10/2011 08:43 PMStatus ::
Mileena Render Released on Official Facebook!

The official Mortal Kombat Facebook unloaded a new image for Mortal Monday today, a high-res render of the terrifying temptress Mileena!

Mileena Render

The render continues along with the "shadows" them silhouette of the victim involved in the grizzly attack. Here Mileena decapitates an unfortunate soul with her bare hands on the game's redone Pit background. Though the face is obscured, judging by the hairstyle of the victim this could very well be the head of the yet to be seen Liu Kang.

Mileena is the most popular character over on the official website, so we expect to see more of the vixen should Netherrealm Studios follow a similar path they took with Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

~Crow~Posted: 01/10/2011 08:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::39491
Nationality::Antarctica
RE: Mileena Render Released on Official Facebook!

Obligatory Crow rant on revealing costume and oversized breasts

quevePosted: 01/10/2011 08:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

Absolutely fantastic!

The best one so far, and really, Mileena looks glorious! I wonder (and super hope) if we'll see all these new renders and wallpapers and videos for the rest of the characters...or for at least more than just 7 (as shown in the facebook site).

This picture is perfection. I can't wait/hope to see similar stuff done for Sonya, Johnny, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Raiden, etc.

EDIT:When Jade looks more like Kitana's cloned-twin than Mileena, there is obviously a serious problem.

I really do wish she had normal human eyes in these pictures and videos. I wish she had Kitana's eyes.

Oh well.

QueenSindel(TheBitch) Wrote:
Anyone else in love with the background?

I think it's so beautiful. I love how MK mixes dark fantasy with artistic beauty.

So many arenas and drawings had that in MKD and this is starting to look a lot like that.

I agree on the beauty of the background. It really is very beautiful and I too feel the power of the picture.

ZmokePosted: 01/10/2011 08:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::1072
Nationality::Finland

Astonishing picture! I also bet it is Liu Kang's head - this could be a what if situation from the story mode which Liu Kang barely avoids. Just speculating.

MINIONPosted: 01/10/2011 08:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::11469
Nationality::United States

Awesome Render!

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
-Ant-Posted: 01/10/2011 08:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::836

I think the people that are stating this is obviously Liu are reading into things way too much. What exactly is that being based on? Long hair....? I'm not saying its impossible, im just saying its not blatantly obvious that its Liu Kang.

Who said these people being killed in these renders are actually characters. And if they are....who are the 2 victims in the sub and scorpion ones? Lets all just calm down on the speculations

created by DeLaGeezy
quevePosted: 01/10/2011 08:52 PMStatus ::

When Jade looks more like Kitana's cloned-twin than Mileena, there is obviously a serious problem.

I really do wish she had normal human eyes in these pictures and videos. I wish she had Kitana's eyes.

Oh well.

IcebabyPosted: 01/10/2011 08:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::11647

Hmm... Despite that it's hardly a big deal, I just don't like the whole eye being orange. I wouldn't mind the color of the iris to be orange, but the sclera as well?

It's a nice picture though, I'm not going to wonder who's head that is though. I just think it's a head.

MINIONPosted: 01/10/2011 08:53 PMStatus ::

Look Wise, Mileena & Jade are the best right now. Kitana looks good but not as appealing as say MKDA or MKvsDCU.

~Crow~Posted: 01/10/2011 08:54 PMStatus ::

It's no big deal if this is Liu Kang. It only proves he's playable. In Scorpion and Sub-Zero renders it was obvious the victims there were each other.

Demon_0Posted: 01/10/2011 08:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::4665
Nationality::Afghanistan

The wallpaper is detailed and looks really good. I am OK with Mileena looking like this, but it doesn't fit Kitana or Sonya.

If that is Liu Kang, its a hell of a way to make an entrance. The first appearance of the original protagonist shows his decapitated head in the hands of Mileena...

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13
-Ant-Posted: 01/10/2011 08:56 PMStatus ::

Demon_0 Wrote:
The wallpaper is detailed and looks really good. I am OK with Mileena looking liek this, but it doesn't fit Kitana or Sonya.

If that is Liu Kang, its a hell of a way to make an entrance. The first appearance of the original protagonist shows his decapitated head in the hands of Mileena.

Yet another reason why I dont think its Liu Kang.

created by DeLaGeezy
mkmileenaPosted: 01/10/2011 08:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::4826

wow this is amazing! cant say tho that I am a fan of her demon eyes, but she is so amazing i dont mind them.

MILEENA IS PERFECT!

Ethereal, ravenous, piercing. It's Mileena bitch.

Lovely signature by MINION

MINIONPosted: 01/10/2011 08:57 PMStatus ::

I'ma go ape shit when they release Strykers Wallpaper. It will be his first Actual official Wallpaper and not just a Render slapped on a Black BG like in MKA. Can't wait Fuqn w8 man. lol.

-Ant-Posted: 01/10/2011 08:58 PMStatus ::

~Crow~ Wrote:
It's no big deal if this is Liu Kang. It only proves he's playable. In Scorpion and Sub-Zero renders it was obvious the victims there were each other.

See. this is what I'm talking about. How exactly is it "obvious" the victims were eachother in those pictures? All i see is the silhouette of 2 bald people. No shoulder pads....nothing that blatantly points to sub or scorpion.

created by DeLaGeezy
~Crow~Posted: 01/10/2011 09:00 PMStatus ::

-Ant- Wrote:
~Crow~ Wrote:

See. this is what I'm talking about. How exactly is it obvious the victims were eachother in those pictures? All i see is the silhouette of 2 bald people. No shoulder pads....nothing that blatantly points to sub or scorpion.

It's just presumed I think. This is the first time we've actually seen one of these victims rendered at all beyond the silhouette. It could be just no one, but I doubt it honestly. Doesn't seem very MK-team like.

quevePosted: 01/10/2011 09:02 PMStatus ::

MINION Wrote:
Look Wise, Mileena & Jade are the best right now. Kitana looks good but not as appealing as say MKDA or MKvsDCU.

ANY Kitana is better looking and appealing than that MKvsDC Kitana....seriously. But MKSM Kitana (render) is my absolute favorite. MKDA had the best hair style, though.

MINION Wrote:
I'ma go ape shit when they release Strykers Wallpaper. It will be his first Actual official Wallpaper and not just a Render slapped on a Black BG like in MKA. Can't wait Fuqn w8 man. lol.

We can only hope.

With their horribly lame etc etc etc etc etc shit marketing/promotion of this game, I doubt we'll get much.

-Ant-Posted: 01/10/2011 09:03 PMStatus ::

~Crow~ Wrote:
-Ant- Wrote:
~Crow~ Wrote:

See. this is what I'm talking about. How exactly is it obvious the victims were eachother in those pictures? All i see is the silhouette of 2 bald people. No shoulder pads....nothing that blatantly points to sub or scorpion.

It's just presumed I think. This is the first time we've actually seen one of these victims rendered at all beyond the silhouette. It could be just no one, but I doubt it honestly. Doesn't seem very MK-team like.

Ok well that's different if its "presumed" but above you said it was "obvious" the victims were eachother. And i think its the complete opposite of that. Im not a big Liu Kang fan, but he will be in this game. And I realize his importance to the series. Love him or hate him he is a key character. And i just dont believe the very first glimpse of him is going to be his severed head.

All we see is a head with long hair. It could be Liu Kang....and if it is ill swallow my words for sure. But right now this is all based on long hair....thats it

created by DeLaGeezy
mortalsebastianPosted: 01/10/2011 09:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::493
Nationality::Australia

queve Wrote:
When Jade looks more like Kitana's cloned-twin than Mileena, there is obviously a serious problem.

Oh well.

I disagree. While I haven't seen a clear picture of Jade, this is MILEENA. I know she is Kitana's clone and all...but when Mileena is being herself, this is what you get. Her eyes, her clothes, her hair...it's Mileena. When she wants to imitate Kitana, she can don new clothes, hairstyle and eyes.

Loving the render.

"I know this is not a very popular idea. You don't hear it too often any more … but it's the truth. I have taken drugs before and … I had a real good time. Sorry. Didn't murder anybody, didn't rape anybody, didn't rob anybody, didn't beat anybody, didn't lose – hmm – one fucking job, laughed my ass off, and went about my day. Sorry. Now, where's my commercial?" - Bill Hicks...another dead hero.
SeptarPosted: 01/10/2011 09:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::1722

~Crow~ Wrote:
Obligatory Crow rant on revealing costume and oversized breasts

Just another way of saying
"I'm a virgin and I don't like being teased with giant boobs that I'll never get to motorboat and being constantly reminded that every woman I've ever seen naked was on a screen."

-Ant-Posted: 01/10/2011 09:06 PMStatus ::

queve Wrote:
MINION Wrote:

ANY Kitana is better looking and appealing than that MKvsDC Kitana....seriously. But MKSM Kitana (render) is my absolute favorite. MKDA had the best hair style, though.

MINION Wrote:

We can only hope.

With their horribly lame etc etc etc etc etc shit marketing/promotion of this game, I doubt we'll get much.

I for one am just happy they are giving us information. I don't view the marketing as shit at all. There have been numerous games released that i looked forward too, and some of them i only got to read a preview here and there. Not a screenshot, not a video of gameplay until a few weeks before release.

I know they have backed out on a few deadlines and promises. But at least they are giving us something here....

They gave us a widget FFs.....calm down buddy

created by DeLaGeezy
kabal-zeroPosted: 01/10/2011 09:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::1876
Nationality::Canada

I must say. That is an awesome picture. I'm not a particularily big Mileena fan, but that picture is too good. Like has been said, not only is the character model done very well, but the background is so beautifully done!

Just a thought... Each character seems to have a different background as a theme. Mileena's seems to be the "new-ish" Pit. Do you think there'll be a connection to that, say, each character has a stage fatality that only that character can perform? Like how others mentioned that Jax's Subway fatality wouldn't work so well with other characters.

Or is there a more/less involved reason behind the character/background connection?

There is no knowledge that is not power.

-Ant-Posted: 01/10/2011 09:11 PMStatus ::

kabal-zero Wrote:
I must say. That is an awesome picture. I'm not a particularily big Mileena fan, but that picture is too good. Like has been said, not only is the character model done very well, but the background is so beautifully done!

Just a thought... Each character seems to have a different background as a theme. Mileena's seems to be the "new-ish" Pit. Do you think there'll be a connection to that, say, each character has a stage fatality that only that character can perform? Like how others mentioned that Jax's Subway fatality wouldn't work so well with other characters.

Or is there a more/less involved reason behind the character/background connection?

That is an interesting theory Kabal. Just a question though, where did you hear it mentioned that the subway fatality wouldn't work well with other characters? I don't remember hearing that.

I pretty much thought all stage fatalities were universal. Uppercut for the pit...maybe a grab for the subway and whatnot.

created by DeLaGeezy
breakingdisheszPosted: 01/10/2011 09:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::2835

I like. She looks amazing.

mortalsebastianPosted: 01/10/2011 09:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::493
Nationality::Australia

-Ant- Wrote:
kabal-zero Wrote:

That is an interesting theory Kabal. Just a question though, where did you hear it mentioned that the subway fatality wouldn't work well with other characters? I don't remember hearing that.

I pretty much thought all stage fatalities were universal. Uppercut for the pit...maybe a grab for the subway and whatnot.

Some people think the throw to the second train who look 'silly' with say Kitana throwing Jax. I can see it working universally however.

"I know this is not a very popular idea. You don't hear it too often any more … but it's the truth. I have taken drugs before and … I had a real good time. Sorry. Didn't murder anybody, didn't rape anybody, didn't rob anybody, didn't beat anybody, didn't lose – hmm – one fucking job, laughed my ass off, and went about my day. Sorry. Now, where's my commercial?" - Bill Hicks...another dead hero.
Page of 5

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.