MKers Most Wanted Final Wishlist
posted02/24/2011 12:39 AM (UTC)by
noobsmoke_mk
I've been around mortalkombatonline, official mk website, and trmk and these are what's being asked/requested for the most.

NEW GAMEMODES
1. Team Survival Mode
-Lobby organises players 4-6 on 4-6. One player from each team would be fighting whilst rest spectates.
-Survivor fights on (health remaining from prev fight).
-Player invitations.
-Colored Tags (all your friends can put 'freeze' in blue font as tag etc).
-Voice/Lobby Chat - Able to speak to anyone in the server.
2. Theater Mode
-Record, manage, edit, and upload in-game video clips to your profile's fileshare and even to your youtube account.
-Videos can be tagged and rated.
-Go into 1st/3rd person view. Slow/speed up gameplay.

BETTER GRAPHICS
1. Free-flowing hair dynamics. Tomb Raider has a ponytail which moves around freely and flocks even fall out.
2. Environment effects on characters
- Water, Mud
- Stage / Weather Condition Dependent
3. Environment effects on stages
-Broken windows/doors, cracks on floor, little holes in ground, lava flowing in netherrealm, leaves blowing in living forest, puddles on floor. trees catch fire, sand blow in different direction etc.

GAMEPLAY
1. Block Meter
2. Time of Day Stages
-Jade's desert while it's dark etc.
3.Stages connected to other stages.
4. Shang Tsung Morphing
5. Tag-Team Fatalities for certain tag characters (as dlc).

FRIENDSHIPS

PC RELEASE?
Jaded-Raven
01/20/2011 04:43 PM (UTC)
Awesome thread. There are some really nice things on that wishlist. I hope we will see some of those things in the game. ^^
noobsmoke_mk Wrote:
I've been around mortalkombatonline, official mk website, and trmk and these are what's being asked/requested for the most

BETTER GRAPHICS
>Free-flowing hair dynamics. Tomb Raider has a ponytail which moves around freely and flocks even fall out.
>Environment effects on characters
- Water, Mud
- Stage / Weather Condition Dependent
>Environment effects on stages
-Broken windows/doors, cracks on floor, little holes in ground, lava flowing in netherrealm, leaves blowing in living forest, puddles on floor. trees catch fire, sand blow in different direction etc.

>Shang Tsung Morphing

>Tag-Team Fatalities for certain tag characters (as dlc).

Better graphics. Not gonna happen. Unless those effects are already in the game they arent going to put them in this late into the developmental cycle.

As for Shang Tsung Morphing not gonna happen either. In the earlier games they pulled data off the computer chips which was instant. in the day of DVD and Blu ray the disk still needs to spin and the data needs to be read off it resulting in loading times.
Thibideau
01/20/2011 05:29 PM (UTC)
I disagree with...

>Shang Tsung Morphing

I don't mind his ability to morph, but if there's even a small chance it would slow down gameplay, then it's not worth it to me.
AcidSpitter93
01/20/2011 06:03 PM (UTC)
Only things on there I disagree with are:

Better graphics. I mean c'mon this game is beautiful. To say otherwise is horsepoo

Blocking. Unique stances would be sweet but I personally like the block button better and don't like the sound of a block meter.

But hey these are just my opinions
Dragonkeeper1982
01/20/2011 06:07 PM (UTC)
Shang Tsung's morph

Motaro's return with 4 legs and more use of his tail

Tag-Team Fatalities

Brutalities similar to MKT's but instead of uppercuting opponent to pieces they perform a quick, but different than eachother fatality to the opponent.

Different ways to unlock SU's and hidden stuff, not all stuffed into the Krypt.

Endurance Mode with a trophy for defeating so many matches in a row (make it hard and worth getting)
Zmoke
01/20/2011 06:29 PM (UTC)
1. A press of a button would respond as fast as it did back in the 2d games.

2. The character grid could be swappable, just as it was in MKA E3 beta, for the downloadable extra characters and unlockable secret characters.

3. Secret characters would appear in story mode and arcade mode after certain procedures, like in Mortal Kombat I and Mortal Kombat II.

4. Now that the story mode will not follow the old plot due to the mental message of Raiden, some characters could change their alignments. It would be cool to see somebody evil for the first time and somebody who's 100% work towards a greater good for a change.

5. Throwing by holding back + pressing block.

6. Many fighting game series will join the hand console market now that Nintendo 3DS is coming. Super Street Fighter IV got its 3D Edition with only minor changes to the original build. Considering that Mortal Kombat (2011) will have the 3D ability, NRS should remember the Nintendo Mortal Kombat fans and port it for Nintendo 3DS too.
Vasculio
01/20/2011 07:38 PM (UTC)
Noob Saibots full name in the life bar and the name announce as Noob Saibot. Not Noob.. then im content wink
noobsmoke_mk
01/20/2011 09:52 PM (UTC)
those who are going pax east, note some of these things
noobsmoke_mk Wrote:
those who are going pax east, note some of these things

OK no offense but again its WAY too late to ask for wishlists right now. There is a good chance the game is 99.9% done at this point and all they are doing is the final tweeks and balancing the game out
Sub-Zero1000
01/20/2011 11:53 PM (UTC)
2 Things I wish for.. which i'm sure most of u won't agree

1) Cinamatic endings (like MK4/Tekken) with the power of the PS3 and 360, I can only imagine how cool Arcade Ending would look if they put a nice detail story after beating the game. I can't stand those comic's with the words.. maybe i'm being greedy but it seem's halfassed 2 me

2) 1 Button Fatality Cheat - 4 most of u guys this is something u can do without.. for me, i doubt i'm gonna remember every fatality/brutality.. and i hate pausing the game to look up code's to see a fatality.. I can remember the special move's just fine.. but the 1 button Fatality is something I would really love to have back
noobsmoke_mk
01/21/2011 12:07 AM (UTC)
i hope they change the original release date if it means some of this gets in, there'll be people complaining first but in the long run we and nrs will be happier
Asesino
About Me
01/21/2011 12:28 AM (UTC)
>Theater Mode
-Record, manage, edit, and upload in-game video clips to your profile's fileshare and even to your youtube account.
-Videos can be tagged and rated.
-Go into 1st/3rd person view. Slow/speed up gameplay.
noobsmoke_mk Wrote:
i hope they change the original release date if it means some of this gets in, there'll be people complaining first but in the long run we and nrs will be happier

no
Crimson_Pool21
01/21/2011 12:55 AM (UTC)
Guess i'll post this again....

1 vs Comp mode!!!!!!!!
&
Comp vs Comp mode

for quick easy matches on the go whenever you want. most fighting games have this feature (i.e Street Fighter 4) so MK SHOULD have this too.
Thibideau
01/21/2011 12:56 AM (UTC)
noobsmoke_mk Wrote:

Yeah I hate to be so blunt but speak for yourself.

Why people can't just let NRS make the game the way they want to make it is beyond me. The stuff you've all listed is superfluous, it would be great if it makes it, but I would rather play the game then wait around for video replay.
AcidSpitter93
01/21/2011 01:14 AM (UTC)
Crimson_Pool21 Wrote:
Guess i'll post this again....

1 vs Comp mode!!!!!!!!
&
Comp vs Comp mode

for quick easy matches on the go whenever you want. most fighting games have this feature (i.e Street Fighter 4) so MK SHOULD have this too.

That's actually a kickass idea. It'd be cool for he comp vs comp matches cuz they might pull out combos you've never seen before and the quick little 1 vs comp would be really convenient.

Support this 100% lol
Locusta
01/21/2011 01:38 AM (UTC)
1. Sheeva

2. Playable Shao Kahn

3. LOTS of stage specific fatalities, more than one per stage even.

4. imaginative and varied alt costumes.
noobsmoke_mk
01/21/2011 02:38 AM (UTC)
@Thibideu - if theater mode makes it, there'll be more for us to do. imagine it will be like lbp, where videos are uploaded to youtube, and the videos will be tagged so if your searching for something specific e.g. kano heart fatality on sheeve then that video will probably be there..it just gives us more to do
johnnycage77
01/21/2011 02:41 AM (UTC)
As Locusta said, more than one stage fatality.
wilkins36
About Me

Here We Go Brownies!

01/21/2011 02:46 AM (UTC)
Video idea is sweet.

Real secrets would be cool. Like the new red lady in chains. Takes forever to find out how to fight her. POssibly never unlocking her either. This is a great way to introduce characters (old school way). Combine the two! Imagine how everyone will go apeshit when they upload a vid of them getting their ass kicked by some character that no one has unlocked. Pure madness!
LucaTurilli
01/21/2011 02:52 AM (UTC)
The idea of having the two teams' chats muted from each other isn't good. Fighting games are a community thing... it's a single player effort really, and players are more likely to comment about the fight, rather than strategize with one and other during matches.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

01/21/2011 02:56 AM (UTC)
1. Deep story mode...$10.
2. Multiple stage fatalities (NOT death traps)...$15.
3. Classic DLC costumes and fatalities...$20.
4. Feminine clothing that doesn't say "look at my titties!"...priceless.
Bloodfang
01/21/2011 08:59 PM (UTC)
Make most (if not all) options available for Online Multiplayer available to Offline Local Multiplayer like 4 Player VS Tag, Offline King of the Hill (or Tournament mode), etc. Online is great for those who use it but I'm way more of a get your friends together in the same room and socialize while having fun playing the game. That and most of my friends either don't all have the same system so we wouldn't be able to ALL play together OR they aren't really huge fighting game fans so wouldn't buy the game for themselves but would come over to my place and play it instead and save $60+ dollars.

Bring back Offline Local Multiplayer options!! That's what ruined AVP for me and my brother. Not to many games make it worth buying 4 controllers and actually having friends that you can see in person.
StatueofLiberty
01/21/2011 09:15 PM (UTC)
Good netcoding.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.