Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

What's Next?
Mortal Kombat 11 (80%)
MK Action-Adventure (10%)
MK HD Re-release (2.8%)
WWE Immortals (0%)
MK Krossover (2.8%)
MK Special Forces (2.8%)
Other (1.4%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • April 18th, 2018
    DC Announces Injustice vs He-Man [Read On]
  • April 16th, 2018
    Classic Superman Brings Golden Age to Injustice 2 Mobile [Read On]
  • March 31st, 2018
    Confirmed Ready Player One MK Cameos [Read On]
  • March 20th, 2018
    Mortal Kombat Coming to Netflix [Read On]
  • February 28th, 2018
    Best Buy Lists Injustice 2 Legendary Edition [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Discussing Mortal Kombat (2011) and Komplete Edition (2012).
Page of 6

]{0MBATPosted: 01/20/2011 02:33 PMStatus ::
Mileena Gameplay Trailer: Looking for a New Playmate?

NetherRealm Studios have released the next in their line of official character gameplay montages, this time featuring the malicious moves of man-eater, Mileena!

To download the videos yourself, you can use these links:

Mileena's trademark sai weapons play a prominent role as a classic projectile, along with other favourite moves from previous appearances, her telerport kick, rolling thunder, and a smoothly integrated leaping bite, among the highlights. The video shows off the improved fluidity of Mortal Kombat's new fighting engine, boasting seamless tag team assists, as well as bone crushing X-Ray specials!

Also included: dialogue between Mileena and an unseen character, whose voice was previously attributed to MK3 alumnist, Stryker, in a series of leaked audio files. It remains unclear if this is part of a seemingly interactive pre-fight intro sequence, or a brief snippet of the games confirmed story mode, which will operate similarly to the mode seen in 2008's Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.

More intriguing, perhaps, is the appearance of a new background character. Over the course of previews, Shao Kahn's Coliseum has played host to a small handful of chained women in reference to the Mortal Kombat II appearance of Sonya and Kano.

Were you listening to me, or were you looking at the woman in red?

This new character, an unindentified woman in red, may yet have ties to a teaser image posted to Twitter by Ed Boon in September, last year. Revealed as belonging to an unrevealed character in part of an incentive campaign to earn votes in a Gamespot competition [full story], the leg has been speculated to belong to Sareena, Sindel, or a long rumored fake character known as Skarlett.

A Mysterious Leg

If the very deliberate manner with which the trailer focuses action around the woman in red's section of the arena didn't convince you, then perhaps a playful message from the official Mortal Kombat Twitter feed will help:

A lot of tactical legwork went into today's Mileena trailer, too bad didn't reveal any characters. #OrDidWe

The gameplay video is currently exclusive to Eurogamer, and can be viewed at full size on their website. The video comes as response to massive support shown for Mileena on the official Mortal Kombat website. You can help unlock more materials by joining the official message boards. For more Mileena, be sure to check out the barrage of materials released in January, including; fully rendered artwork, an animated backstory vignette, and design renders of both Mileena, and Kitana. Also available on iTunes and Amazon, the first track from Mortal Kombat: Songs inspired by the Warriors!

Mortal Kombat is expected to be released in April for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, available in standard and special editions. Information about international versions of kollectors extras is expected to be made known soon. Stay tuned to Mortal Kombat Online for updates.

Thanks to forum member Casselman for noticing our mysterious lady in red.
You can follow conversation and speculation about the character on the MKO forums. If you think you've spotted something special, or have a newslead, let us known!

Mobster_For_SATANPosted: 01/20/2011 02:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::5189
Nationality::United States
RE: Mileena Gameplay Trailer - Looking for a Playmate?

I wanna see a video of their hands playing this game because it's fucking intense.

Dragon Points:
SaisofherFangsPosted: 01/20/2011 02:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::346

you forgot to bold Stryker's name!

Twitter me up @ www.twitter.com/jimmiety, Gamertag: FightressFatale
LeoBrZ81Posted: 01/20/2011 02:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::8825
Nationality::Brazil

Her combo against Sektor was sick!!! But I doubt anyone will give up 3 full gauges just for 1 sick combo. The ability to do an X-ray would just be too tempting (although if this ends up being Mileena's final X-ray, I would go for just a combo).

I'm a little bit disappointed with how much this new Mileena flaunts her animalism. She has lost the mystery and mystique of earlier games. Those gaping teeth are no longer her "dirty little secret", but rather a flat-out statement about who and what she is. It's just all "monster, monster, monster!". Hopefully this is just a result of the media they have chosen to show us (like Queve said in the other thread), and story mode will actually occasionally depict her more mysterious and deceptive!

Sonya's Rings exceeded my expectations! The sound effect is reminiscent of Sci-Fi lasers, which I love, and they're more visually impressive than magazines let on. I love that the Rings have an orange tint to them and aren't just hot-pink like prior games. And the enhanced version is boss!! BTW, I totally called it!!! In another thread asking what moves we want to stay for our top characters, I said the enhanced version of her Rings should shoot two, one high and one low! SO TAKE THAT!!! o_o ... anyway....

I'm hoping for a painful-sounding SFX for when the Rings make contact and knock the opponent back, and for the raindrops effect from MK3 as opposed to just a burst.

::MINION::::::: ::UnleashYourTongue:::::::
Dragon Points:
MINIONPosted: 01/20/2011 02:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::11469

I hope to hell it's Skarlett.

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
quevePosted: 01/20/2011 02:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

SONYA's RINGS freaking ROCK!!!!!!!....that being said:

(This link gives you this video in HQ)

Mileena looks awesome! I'm in love with the freak.

This is the best combo video so far, imo. I love all her attacks and her wickedness. But, it is also nice for all those other little details we got (mysterious red girl, Sonya's rings, temple arena, metallic sounds from Sektor, etc).

I don't have a problem with her voice (though I admit she did kind of sound, er, corny? not too bad though).

I enjoyed the way she pulled down and up the mask, but, I don't think she should do that every time she talks. The moment should have also been kind of dramatic for the other character (Stryker, people say?) considering it's not a pretty view, but, Im guessing they are still editing all of that.

Anyway, the highlights are:

1.- Mileena talking without her mask.

2.- NEW FEMALE CHARACTER REVEALED in the chains. Who is that girl? Skarlet? She doens't look like Sareena....at all (many of us believed that red leg belonged to Sareena).

3.- SONYA's RINGS look freaking amazing! I'm loving the sound of her projectile and the colors.

THE BAD:

Is it me, or does it seem like Mileena, once again, doesn't have more special moves than the Sai throw, teleport kick, and roll?

Are the "biting/eating" moves and "Sai Stab" moves specials? Or grabs/throws?

I wanted Mileena to get a couple of new specials. Hopefully those 2 are specials and not just regular throws or regular grabs.

PsycloneM Wrote:
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:

And finally, is it weird that I thought the coolest looking move in the whole video wasn't even Mileena's, it was Sonya's double ring toss?

I think I skipped back to that scene at least three times before letting the video finish. It was my first time hearing and seeing her ring toss in action, so that's my reason.

Not weird at all, Razors, and like Psyclone, I also went back to that scene more than 3 times. It's the coolest highlight of the vid, imo.

Sonya's "Energy Rings" looks freaking amazing! I love the way she goes from one to the other. Very very cool looking, indeed.

I'm also in love with the sound the rings make. I just wish they would had collied with Mileena (at least once) to see the awesome explosive effect (I'm still hoping for the MK3 rain drops).

So, yeah, once again: Mileena you look awesome.

Mileenaownz12345Posted: 01/20/2011 02:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::928
Nationality::United Kingdom

LeoBrz81 Wrote:

Sonyas rings exceeded my expectations

Hmm i dont see whats so great about them.. Wow, a ring of purple stuff comes out, OMG thats soo cool? No, its not all that good to me :]

photo smallest_zpsaju7blaf.gif EMPRESS MILEENA: Outworld's True Ruler!
seanayPosted: 01/20/2011 02:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::9275

if that is Skarlet i would like to see her move coverd up and Ninja like...

what is her story and how are they gunna make stand out from been a rumor

quevePosted: 01/20/2011 02:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

Also:

You know, it's this kind of moments when Mileena's yellow eyes take away some of "the magic" of her character. They ruin it for me.

It's not as "surprising" or "fun" to see those huge teeth being revealed considering she already has those very distracting monster/demonic looking eyes. You can already predict she is not human or normal, at all.

If she looked more human and real with the mask on, the effect of "the mask off" would be so much greater.

The "yellow eyes" take away from that and it cheapens her essence, imo.

Too bad they are here to stay. I like individuality and all, but, Mileena really doesn't look one single bit like Kitana...besides being half naked, that is.

PS: No, I'm not talking about freaking "pallet-swaps" in case there is anyone out there ready to jump. She was perfect as "the twin sister/clone" in MKD and she really didn't resemble Kitana at all, but, there was still something there. There's nothing in the new Mileena that connects her (slightly) to Kitana besides the costume.

Those yellow eyes are stupid, cartoony, and a cliche.

Sparta* Wrote:
mileena was a lot more mysterious when she showed her teeth very rarely, kinda kept the suspense and surprise, now she just kinda throws it all out there all the time, its not special or unique anymore :( also agree on the yellow eyes. So much more intimidating if you see a seemingly beautiful normal girl, then at the last moment of your life you realize what she really is, so much less special just having it all hangin out there for all to see

I agree except on your comment regarding her teeth: "she showed her teeth very rarely...now just kinda throws it all out there all the time".

I disagree because I think:

1) The only reason we've seen a lot of her teeth is because that's the footage they've chosen to show us of her.

2) It was about damn time those teeth got more attention. Remember all the posts and petitions to have her teeth more "active/visible" or even an alternate with no mask? Those requests come since the MKDA days.

It really was time we got to see more of Mileena's teeth in action, not just on Fatalities. We've never even gotten a special render featuring her teeth ever! Just now we are finally getting real HQ stuff with her teeth,

I think the reason you feel like "she shows it all the time" is because, well, the videos and footage have her showing them cause that's the main attraction. But, on gameplay and even her intro she doesn't show them like crazy. Only when damaged and her tag team animation.

I think that's all fine and awesome. About time.

Regarding the STUPID yellow eyes....yes, we both agree on the same points.

It's really annoying how much they take away from her.

Dragon Points:
StatueofLibertyPosted: 01/20/2011 02:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::5168

Comboing into throws is the hotness!

Dragon Points:
LeoBrZ81Posted: 01/20/2011 03:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::8825
Nationality::Brazil

Mileenaownz12345 Wrote:
LeoBrz81 Wrote:

Hmm i dont see whats so great about them.. Wow, a ring of purple stuff comes out, OMG thats soo cool? No, its not all that good to me :]

By that morose logic, I could say nothing I saw of Mileena's was good, either. Wow, she stabs you with a Sai... throws a pink Sai.... bites you.... someone get the paramedics, my heart's bursting! It's all about how perceptive you are and how into the game you are or how into a particular character you are. Is that not obvious?

In addition, the name Ring Toss is a lot more fitting now, as she actually tosses the rings. If you go frame-by-frame (given you're some rabid Sonya fan with a free morning), you see that she swings her arm in a circle before letting the rings fly in the ol' MK3 pose. ^__^

::MINION::::::: ::UnleashYourTongue:::::::
Mileenaownz12345Posted: 01/20/2011 03:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::928

LeoBrZ81 Wrote:
Mileenaownz12345 Wrote:
LeoBrz81 Wrote:

By that morose logic, I could say nothing I saw of Mileena's was good, either. Wow, she stabs you with a Sai... throws a pink Sai.... bites you.... someone get the paramedics, my heart's bursting! It's all about how perceptive you are and how into the game you are or how into a particular character you are. Is that not obvious?

In addition, the name Ring Toss is a lot more fitting now, as she actually tosses the rings. If you go frame-by-frame (given you're some rabid Sonya fan with a free morning), you see that she swings her arm in a circle before letting the rings fly in the ol' MK3 pose. ^__^

Ehh sowee :l I guess.. xD

photo smallest_zpsaju7blaf.gif EMPRESS MILEENA: Outworld's True Ruler!
ToxikPosted: 01/20/2011 03:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::6014

Cool!

mkmileenaPosted: 01/20/2011 03:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::4826

BOW down to mileena bitches! she rocks!

awesome video, she's a combo maniac!

GIRL IN CHAINS, WHO ARE YOU?!!
whoever you are, i dont like your costume.
(hope its skarlett over sareena tho)

Ethereal, ravenous, piercing. It's Mileena bitch.

Lovely signature by MINION

IcebabyPosted: 01/20/2011 03:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::11648

Said this in the previous thread, her combo against Sektor was intense and long. That combo made more reasons for me to play as this character.

I've always liked this character, I just hope she's not weak or whatever. By the looks of this video, she doesn't look like it.

Demon_0Posted: 01/20/2011 03:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::4666
Nationality::Afghanistan

Mileena is looking good. The only thing I don't like at all is her X-ray. Too short, too simple.

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13
TemperaryUserNamePosted: 01/20/2011 03:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084

After punching her point-blank in the face, Stryker was the only logical choice for her combo video.

I like.

New sig on the way
NEuMiLoPosted: 01/20/2011 03:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::1391

the guy sounds like the voice actor for Chris Redfield

-
Jaded-RavenPosted: 01/20/2011 03:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

I am loving what I see. Mileena's gameplay looks better than I expected, and I love she uses those long legs of hers to kick some ass! My two favourite kicks are her jump-split kick firstly seen at 0:38 against Jax, and her vertical-circular kick seen at 0:58 which seems to be stolen from Nina Williams from Tekken. But even if it is, it looks awesome! I'm hoping Jade will have some cool kicks as well.

I see some people dislike Mileena showing her teeth... I've always had the impression that Mileena was ashamed of her face and just wanted to be like Kitana, however, after having seen the vignette and read her bio on the official site, I start to see how they want her to be like. She's a vicious killer, and as some people say, a monster! And I absolutely love that about her! We never got much out of her personality other than having a complex with Kitana, but this time around we see her as she really is.

Mileena's face aren't mysterious or secret to any of us anymore, and many fans on here have said they wanted to see her showing those teeth alot more. And now she does! Some like it, others don't.

About the red girl - I think that is Skarlett. If she will be playable or not, I have absolutely no idea. I think it would be cool if she stayed in the background and might become a DLC later on. Her outfit looks alot like Sareena's with the whole little top and the loincloth which I think is a shame. It is unoriginal to say the least. However, I do like her gloves and boots and the fact she has red hair! I love red hair. ;P

Dragon Points:
mkmileenaPosted: 01/20/2011 03:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::4826

I am really dissappointed in her XRAY now, her teeth arent even visible anymore.. that was the only appeal to it before and now theyve removed it

Ethereal, ravenous, piercing. It's Mileena bitch.

Lovely signature by MINION

Jaded-RavenPosted: 01/20/2011 03:27 PMStatus ::

mkmileena Wrote:
I am really dissappointed in her XRAY now, her teeth arent even visible anymore.. that was the only appeal to it before and now theyve removed it

I think it depends on her mask being wrecked or not.

ChromePosted: 01/20/2011 03:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::16001
Nationality::Hungary

Contemporary lingo for Mileena.

What do you know.

Wait, how the hell does she talk properly without lips?

Sig1 photo Chrome-sig_zps5a62b1b1.jpg
Jaded-RavenPosted: 01/20/2011 03:31 PMStatus ::

Chrome Wrote:
Contemporary lingo for Mileena.

What do you know.

Wait, how the hell does she talk properly without lips?

We have yet to see how she looks like inside her mouth. She might hide a pair of lips behind those teeth of hers... *shrugs*

JAX007Posted: 01/20/2011 03:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

I want to see combo vids for ALL the characters before the game's out, game is like 3 months away... Looked sick tho.

Jumpman11Posted: 01/20/2011 03:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::500

great video, mileena is looking awesome, but they really need to give her a new x-ray move.

Page of 6

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.