hotKira
About Me

01/28/2011 12:53 AM (UTC)
This video is awesome! My jaw literally drop when I see new some of these X-rays! All of these x-ray moves are great. It is awesome to finally see some gameplay footage of Ermac, Liu Kang and Goro.

Kitana's X-ray is the best! She uses her teleport and she's stabbing those fans into her opponent's head. Looks more like a Fatality to me.

Liu Kang's X-ray is extremely great. He looks excellent.

Baraka and Mileena have the same exact teeth. They are from the same Tarkatans. He looks exactly like Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. They need to change his suit back to Mortal Kombat 2. He will be in the game.

Stryker is Sub-Zero's X-ray victim. I see his wearing a S.W.A.T hat on and the badge around his neck. I'm so glad he's in!

Goro's X-ray move is very vicious.

Ermac's X-ray is excellent.

I see Scorpion doing his X-Ray on Jade... I want to see more gameplay of Jade! I'm more obsessed with her and all the female characters.
Icebaby
01/28/2011 01:05 AM (UTC)
hotKira Wrote:
I'm so glad he's in!

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
Because it's Stryker man!!!!
hotKira
About Me

01/28/2011 01:19 AM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
hotKira Wrote:
I'm so glad he's in!

Icebaby, are you a fan of his, aren't you?
NS922
About Me
01/28/2011 01:21 AM (UTC)
PHOCKIN STREYEKUR MANG!!!!

I am glad to see him also.
SilentxKiller
About Me

PSN:GetzOverHere. If you give people exactly what they want, they'll kill themselves with it. MM

01/28/2011 01:25 AM (UTC)
Mk fans should go to http://shoryuken.com or iplaywinner.com and see how much people are hating on mk.
First of all
Liu kang is in YESSS!

Second i think they finally got a good look for stryker. Also they had the same idea for goro's xray that i had came up with in a topic a couple of months ago(dont remember which,but damn was it surreal watching it). Worked out well.
Ermac looks good too
Icebaby
01/28/2011 01:31 AM (UTC)
hotKira Wrote:
Icebaby Wrote:
hotKira Wrote:
I'm so glad he's in!

Icebaby, are you a fan of his, aren't you?

He's the Batman of Mortal Kombat, of course I am.

Just... not as huge as Sub-Zero, but like 1% off.
Darkhound74
01/28/2011 01:33 AM (UTC)
SilentxKiller Wrote:
Mk fans should go to http://shoryuken.com or iplaywinner.com and see how much people are hating on mk.

I guess this is the only time I will say this, but maybe.......haters gonna hate?
RazorsEdge701
01/28/2011 01:36 AM (UTC)
Darkhound74 Wrote:
SilentxKiller Wrote:

I guess this is the only time I will say this, but maybe.......haters gonna hate?

Yes, I'm confused why we would be surprised by, or want to witness, the fighting game community being what everyone already knows they are, a large collection of internet trolls and genuinely unlikeable people with joyless asshat attitudes?
If I want to expose myself to stupid people being stupid, I can do that anywhere on the internet. At least if I stay on MKO and expose myself to the LOCAL brand of stupid, I also know where to find the local brand of smart to wash away the annoyance.
SilentxKiller Wrote:

Actually if you ignore some of the posts people make on the front page articles the majority of shoryuken are actually pretty optimistic about this game.
Darkhound74
01/28/2011 01:42 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Darkhound74 Wrote:
SilentxKiller Wrote:

Yes, I'm confused why we would be surprised by, or want to witness, the fighting game community being what everyone already knows they are, a large collection of internet trolls and genuinely unlikeable people with joyless asshat attitudes?

If I want to expose myself to stupid people being stupid, I can do that anywhere on the internet. At least if I stay on MKO and expose myself to the LOCAL brand of stupid, I also know where to find the local brand of smart to wash away the annoyance.

^ Thumbs up^ glasses
SilentxKiller
About Me

PSN:GetzOverHere. If you give people exactly what they want, they'll kill themselves with it. MM

01/28/2011 01:46 AM (UTC)
I was just trying to let you guys know cause i think main people notice that shit. and if they dont see fans supporting certain game they wont pay attention to it.wink
SubMan799
01/28/2011 01:48 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Darkhound74 Wrote:
SilentxKiller Wrote:

Quoting you because I can't find the original post (>_>)

The hate I've seen on shoryuken.com is a LOT less than what it would've been about two years ago. It might seem bad, but before if you even mentioned the game you would be flamed to death.

The acceptance of MK as a part of the fighting community might be attributed to how promising MK looks and the growth of the UMK3 scene imo
Lokheit
01/28/2011 01:48 AM (UTC)
First I got an incredible Guild Wars 2 reveal (one of the 3 games I'm watching as they give me information bit by bit), then this video... this is a GREAT day!

I like how Liu is looking, and by the sounds of the video he isn't anymore doing the WATAAH! for EVERY hit, wich was annoying.
Oh, and is that a MK CHAMPION BELT?!?!

Stryker seem good too, I'm specting big thing from this 2 pistols of him!

And everybody says about the cyborgs skeletons... but JAX, who seems to have the metal armas attached under his skin this time, seems to have flesh and bones under the metal too!
Eunos
01/28/2011 02:01 AM (UTC)
Stryker in the game.. Get in!!

and thank god their not using his god awful Armageddon look

Nice and Violent, Im liking it alot so far :)
Kamal
About Me

-Let Mortal Kombat Begin

01/28/2011 02:08 AM (UTC)
Nephrite Wrote:
Can anyone post a screenshot of that Sheeva/Goro skeleton? Thanks!

For you Neph!

Shokan Skeleton
WingsOfRedemption
01/28/2011 02:29 AM (UTC)
I still think this feature should be reserved for fatalities. At least a toned down version of the regular moves could have been used like just a busted arm or broken rib but they would still disrupt the action of the fight for rather pointless flashy sequences that would fit WAY better in a fatality scene. A totally shattered skull, smashed vertibre, ruptured organs, or a totally smashed facial structure would render an opponent either dead or unable to continue the fight. The xrays where weapons are shown penetrating the eyesockets or head area are just stupid looking when the opponent recovers from it. Dont get me wrong I like these scenes especially the Goro xray is just brutal but it would pay off to see that as a 3rd or 4th fatality. I would probably dub these as new brutalities. They will get old quickly Im afraid. "Come on come on, okay yeah I saw this 100 times lets get back to the fight!"
ZombieMage101
01/28/2011 02:30 AM (UTC)
Has anyone else noticed that there's some kind of design of the side of Liu's pants? I can't make out what it is though, maybe a dragon?confused
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
01/28/2011 02:39 AM (UTC)
ZombieMage101 Wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that there's some kind of design of the side of Liu's pants? I can't make out what it is though, maybe a dragon?confused

Don't know about the design, but I like that he's wearing some leg armor.
DmackRush
01/28/2011 02:42 AM (UTC)
Can anyone tell me at what point do they show Stryker? I can't see him. Thanks
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
01/28/2011 02:47 AM (UTC)
DmackRush Wrote:

00:21
Darkhound74
01/28/2011 02:49 AM (UTC)
DmackRush Wrote:

If you pause and look right before before Sub does his X-ray move you can see strykers SWAT hat.
wilkins36
About Me

Here We Go Brownies!

01/28/2011 02:50 AM (UTC)
What about Ultra combos in SSF4? Same idea of ridiculous moves that would render the opponent not fit to continue. I doubt they will take any longer than the Ultra's in SSF4 and MvC3 so it is not a big deal.

Plus, as you get better it is more likely you will use the bars for breakers and special moves. I imagine we will not see these often in higher gameplay as you will need breakers. It will also be more beneficial to use a super special mid combo than to try and land an x-ray mid fight.

These will be perfect against the comp and to show off, but i doubt they will hinder upper level competition.
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
01/28/2011 02:59 AM (UTC)
I'm just gonna throw this out there. When it comes to combos. WWE ALLSTARS is looking pretty insanse. The Juggling looks crazy. But MK9 is still gonna be better.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
01/28/2011 03:02 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:

Now you know how everyone else feels. wink
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.