Baraka Pics From Gamespot Video
posted03/05/2011 02:44 AM (UTC)by
Balkan
About Me

for those who are unable to watch the video but want to see baraka, or just want to see some nice highlight pics, here ya go. note that you can zoom in to double the size of the pic. more pics coming...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Lopata991
03/04/2011 06:34 PM (UTC)
Ppl complain that he looks the same like in MKvsDC that is true but i never disliked the MkvsDc 1 so no prob here
dagnasty138
03/04/2011 06:36 PM (UTC)
I don't care what he looks like. I never played him back in the day...he seemed dull to me. However, his gameplay now has got me interested.
Grimm
About Me

I think the only part of him that resembles MKvsDC is his face, but I think they got his face perfect in that game. His overall attire sucked, but his face was how he should look.

I think this Baraka looks awesome.
Zmoke
Whilst the new Baraka costume is based well on his MKII costume, I liked his MK/DC costume a lot better. I hope they will add that costume in the game because it was the most suitable costume for Baraka.
GodlyShinnok
03/04/2011 06:38 PM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
Whilst the new Baraka costume is based well on his MKII costume, I liked his MK/DC costume a lot better. I hope they will add that costume in the game because it was the most suitable costume for Baraka.

This.
bobbycool1
About Me

Black stole my avatar.

03/04/2011 06:40 PM (UTC)
So after watching the video, or even looking at these pictures, a I the only one who thinks he looks like Richard Divizio a little bit?

Just a little. Maybe it's just me. I also think he looks (MKvsDCU aside) more like his MK4 face then what he had in MKD and MKA, IMO.
Scorpion2448
03/04/2011 06:40 PM (UTC)
I think Baraka looks badass now. grin
yautjared
About Me

Skarlet : Kunoichi warrior, Kodachi master, Kunai expert.

03/04/2011 06:43 PM (UTC)
Always liked Baraka, he is all "rage" ..... well, we have no idea what special moves he has, but, if he keeps his "shredder" attack, what is one of the coolest moves in MK2, it's a good point to consider !
Darkhound74
03/04/2011 06:47 PM (UTC)
GodlyShinnok Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:

This.

I like this look alot better, but don't get me wrong MKvsDC was pretty good, but the simpler Baraka's costume is the better I think. I really get an MK2 vibe from it, also I like the skulls on each side.
Balkan
About Me

03/04/2011 06:57 PM (UTC)
Darkhound74 Wrote:
GodlyShinnok Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:

This.

I like this look alot better, but don't get me wrong MKvsDC was pretty good, but the simpler Baraka's costume is the better I think. I really get an MK2 vibe from it, also I like the skulls on each side.

i really did not care for baraka's mkd outfit. the spines seemed like a cool idea but were just too big, imo. the shoulder pads looked nice in mkvsdc but if baraka is coming from the wastelands of outworld, i would expect him to be minimally garbed as resources would likely be scarce. personal conjecture, i know, but yeah his mk9 look is more akin to mk2 and good enough. besides, lets face, baraka could be naked for all i care as the main aspects we care about are his arm blades and teeth.
dropkickombat
About Me

-ALWAYS TROLLIN'

03/04/2011 07:10 PM (UTC)
I love this new Baraka the head from MKVSDC was great but I hated the costume so it's nice to see that head on a more classic costume I love it. It's sort of the opposite way I feel about new Kano though because I hate his head (yes I prefer bald Kano) but love his costume also.
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
03/04/2011 07:17 PM (UTC)
It almost looks like he has Punisher Skull logos on his vest. Funny, I been ranting about Punisher a lot. Odd.
Ugaking
03/04/2011 07:25 PM (UTC)
I really don't like his look in this game. His looks are far too simple and they lack the amount of detail other characters/suits have. If I didn't know he's a main character, I would assume he would be some kind of generic NPC monster.
rainbowrabbit
03/04/2011 07:30 PM (UTC)
Doesn't anyone else see a resemblance between Baraka's shirt and the one Kobra wore in Deception? It looks nice though.

http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/4/46/Kobra_alt.jpg
daryui
About Me
03/04/2011 09:00 PM (UTC)
rainbowrabbit Wrote:
Doesn't anyone else see a resemblance between Baraka's shirt and the one Kobra wore in Deception? It looks nice though.

http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/4/46/Kobra_alt.jpg

I see a resemblance to MK9 Sub-Zero's torso wear.
NickScryer
03/04/2011 09:05 PM (UTC)
Love it. Baraka knows whatever he wears is going to end up torn to shit and covered in blood so he says Fuck this, i'm going to wear something simple.

Could have done without the crotch cover though. Not every character needs one NRS.
RazorsEdge701
03/04/2011 09:17 PM (UTC)
NickScryer Wrote:
Could have done without the crotch cover though. Not every character needs one NRS.

Baraka has always worn one.
Shinomune
03/04/2011 09:20 PM (UTC)
MINION Wrote:
It almost looks like he has Punisher Skull logos on his vest. Funny, I been ranting about Punisher a lot. Odd.

It's more like Secret Six logo

rainbowrabbit
03/04/2011 09:42 PM (UTC)
NickScryer Wrote:
Love it. Baraka knows whatever he wears is going to end up torn to shit and covered in blood so he says Fuck this, i'm going to wear something simple.

Johnny Cage, Jax, Sonya, Mileena, Nightwolf, and Stryker don't have one. Neither do the cyber ninjas.
NS922
About Me
03/04/2011 09:44 PM (UTC)
I like this costume. Although to this day, I still believe his primary MKD costume was the best (the alternate looked good too). I'm not sure too many people would agree, but I stand by my opinion.
Jaded-Raven
03/04/2011 09:47 PM (UTC)
NS922 Wrote:
I like this costume. Although to this day, I still believe his primary MKD costume was the best (the alternate looked good too). I'm not sure too many people would agree, but I stand by my opinion.

I agree, MKD was Baraka's best appearance. He looked like a fierce berserker warrior. Hopefully an alt will represent that appearance. ^^
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

03/04/2011 09:55 PM (UTC)
I think I'm the only one who liked his MKG outfit.
CrimsonDawn
03/04/2011 09:55 PM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:

Same here...

Hopefully we will see a few MKvsDC costumes as extra DLC. The costumes are already made... so utilizing them would add a bit more variety.
Ninja_Mime
03/04/2011 10:10 PM (UTC)
I miss his head spikes. His MKD alt was a perfect update of his MK2 costume, they should have gone with something closer to that.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.