*Spoilers* Some news from an event in Brazil with Hector Sanchez!
posted03/12/2011 07:02 PM (UTC)by
Poto2222
This will be a hell of a week for MK fans around the world, specially for the Brazilian ones! Moments ago, Hector Sanchez presented the game for the Brazilian public at a Books & Eletronics Store in a Mall here in São Paulo, showing some new gamplay and some new modes, such as the Fatality Training. Here are some of the highlights from the event:

The online mode will be restricted to your area. E.g., if your playing from the west part of the USA, you'll only be able to play against people from the same region. Sanchez explained that this decision was made in order to prevent lags during online matches.

The Lady In Red? "She'll be there", says Sanchez. I wonder what he exactly meant. Cameo in a Stage, Cameo in the Challenge Tower or actually playable?

Kratos will be heavily promoted soon, which is why nearly nothing was released about him at the moment.

Xbox360 will have some kind of exclusive content, rather than an exclusive character, which will be announced soon.

All those Bios and Endings are REAL, and Hector said that "it was an act of 'bad character' from those who made these leaks".

We'll see human Sektor and Cyrax in action, as he stated that part of the Story mode will take place before the Lin Kuei automation, but it wasn't clear if their human forms will be playable.

He confirmed Cyber Sub-Zero, and said that he will have an unique set of moves and story. He said also that the team is not certain about his inclusion in future MK games.

Sonya has her classic MK4 Leg Split Fatality! The combination will be [\/, \/, , X] for the Xbox,

Binho, the one who attended to the event, took a phew photos from the Fatality Training, which we can see the confirmation of Sonya's Fatality.

JADEdSCORPION
03/11/2011 01:39 AM (UTC)
I don't know how I feel about being restricted to area...hmm...but that's good though since it won't lag.
breakingdishesz
03/11/2011 01:42 AM (UTC)
Nice. Good news, thanks for posting!!!
Disco_Diva
03/11/2011 01:43 AM (UTC)
Region-locked :(
I wanted to play with some peeps in the UK.

oh and Yawn at Xbox exclusive content. If Microsoft didn't pay for it, then this is rude.
Cyborg
Thanks for the news and whatnot man.
Jaded-Raven
Very nice. ^^
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
03/11/2011 01:44 AM (UTC)
Great! I guess Hector knew there was nothing to Hide so he was open about it. Nice!
Coolmanrico
03/11/2011 01:44 AM (UTC)
JADEdSCORPION Wrote:
I don't know how I feel about being restricted to area...hmm...but that's good though since it won't lag.

I'm hopeing we can at least play with people from our friend list.
Poto2222
03/11/2011 01:47 AM (UTC)
This weekend you guys will have the PAX-East in USA, but we'll also have a Gaming event -- the "Gameworld 2011", and Hector will be there the whole two days!

I'll attent to the event myself, from 10am to 8pm on both Saturday and Sunday! There'll be a Q&A session there with Sanchez, so expect A LOT of news this Monday!

Oh, and thanks for the feedback, guys! grin
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
03/11/2011 01:48 AM (UTC)
Poto2222 Wrote:
This weekend you guys will have the PAX-East at USA, but we'll also have a Gaming event -- the "Gameworld 2011", and Hector will be there the whole two days!

I'll attent to the event myself, from 10am to 8pm on both Saturday and Sunday! There'll be a Q&A session there with Sanchez, so expect A LOT of news this Monday!

Oh, and thanks for the feedback, guys! grin

Nice! Have a good time.
Surly a big part of online play is that you get to fight against people all around the word? I think it would be nice to be given the option
Shohayabusa
About Me

Fare Thee Well

03/11/2011 01:53 AM (UTC)
Nah i like it that its region locked. For one thing it will make it less annoying having a bunch of people in the room lagging because one just happends to be out of the countrie. So I like it.

Now i skipped the fatality mention but i like it that it teaches you one fatality. What i am wondering if its the one mention in the moves list?
etchaSKETCH
03/11/2011 01:54 AM (UTC)
Thanks for the news man! I'm not happy about the leaks either because I wanted to be surprised. I'm trying to avoid them at all costs.

Have fun at the event in Brazil!

I'm going to PAX on Saturday so I'll try to report on what I can from playing MK and any information I can get out of Rigo.
AcidSpitter93
03/11/2011 01:56 AM (UTC)
Why oh why would they waste the time to promote Kratos when there are PLENTY of actual MK fighters who are more deserving of the spotlight
mortalkombat247
About Me

To Live in silence is to live in fear

03/11/2011 01:57 AM (UTC)
Sonya has her classic MK4 Leg Split Fatality! The combination will be [\/, \/, , X] for the Xbox,

I seriously looked at this for about 2 minutes saying "What the fuck does V mean?"...then I shamefully realized you used it to imply down

FACEPALM
CrimsonDawn
03/11/2011 01:59 AM (UTC)
• The online mode will be restricted to your area. E.g., if your playing from the west part of the USA, you'll only be able to play against people from the same region. Sanchez explained that this decision was made in order to prevent lags during online matches.

This is good and bad now that I think about it.. at least no lag :)

• Xbox360 will have some kind of exclusive content, rather than an exclusive character, which will be announced soon.

Great news for us Xbox players!

• All those Bios and Ending are REAL, and Hector said that "it was an act of 'bad character' from those who made these leaks".

Well there you have it...accept all spoils as final build..

thanks Poto2222 and Binho.
Leo
About Me

03/11/2011 02:01 AM (UTC)
k/fjp'wekf!!!! Crap, if only there was ONE MORE screenshot!! I've been dying to see her Fatality!

Did you get to see it, Poto? If so, can you describe it??

And thank you so much for all the news and the 2 screenshots ^_^
etchaSKETCH
03/11/2011 02:05 AM (UTC)
AcidSpitter93 Wrote:
Why oh why would they waste the time to promote Kratos when there are PLENTY of actual MK fighters who are more deserving of the spotlight

Its all about business to create buzz and to gather new fans for MK. People loved the 'God of War' games and by promoting him, they're hoping to get a hold of those fans to buy into MK. Kratos is a well known character in the gaming community so by showing those people in the community that they have him in the game, it creates a buzz, a good one at that.
RazorsEdge701
03/11/2011 02:06 AM (UTC)
Poto2222 Wrote:
He said also that the team is not certain about his inclusion in future MK games.

I suppose that's good news, but how would it even work if they chose not to bring the cyborg version back?

Wouldn't they have to call story mode non-canon? It's not like he got changed back at the end.
-[?]-
About Me

Jeremiah 29:11

03/11/2011 02:06 AM (UTC)
Good news! I'll take "exclusive content" over a non-MK character any day.
Karried
03/11/2011 02:07 AM (UTC)
I don't like the restricted thing. One thing for sure is, compensation for lag has to be dealt with some other way, instead of covering it up.

Restricting areas will equate to longer matchmaking times, and a smaller playerbase of people to play with. So when or if this game starts to lose its appeal to most 'casual' folk, whom will move on to Cod or something, only the dedicated will stay, and they will get screwed with literally a few people to play with.

I want to play AS Human Cyrax and Sektor, at least make it a DLC if it's just a cinematic or something.

Lady in Red better be playable.
Spaceman
03/11/2011 02:08 AM (UTC)
longlivequeensindel Wrote:
Surly a big part of online play is that you get to fight against people all around the word? I think it would be nice to be given the option

I totally agree, but at the same time I think I'd rather play lag free games. Hopefully they'll release like a patch or something in the near future that patches this up.

And I'm kinda looking forward to finding out about Cyber Sub Zero, that could be a cool twist or at least something new. Haven't read the spoiler yet tho and don't know how good it actually is and still don't know if i wanna spoil it for myself.
mortalkombat247
About Me

To Live in silence is to live in fear

03/11/2011 02:09 AM (UTC)
exclusive download will be all klassic outfits, and 2 free dl characters.

How sweet would that be for all of this Sony favoritism MWAHAHAHAHAHA
kombat_king
03/11/2011 02:25 AM (UTC)
Damn region locking.... hopefully a lot of australians bother to get the game
Shohayabusa
About Me

Fare Thee Well

03/11/2011 02:28 AM (UTC)
kombat_king Wrote:
Damn region locking.... hopefully a lot of australians bother to get the game

Wait, i wonder how they know what region? if its IPS then even if the aussies import it, they won't be able to play online right?

Crap sorry assusie fans, i hope this isn't the case. Maybe it depends upon the account, like if its says where you live.
Pages: 7
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.