DLC Think Tank
posted03/15/2011 04:46 AM (UTC)by
Zmoke
Now that the game is already made for the most part, what downloadable content would you like to see in the near future in Mortal Kombat? I came up with a few ideas that could be described better as expansions.

Considering the game is simply "Mortal Kombat" and that there have been a couple of spin-offs during its time line, I would like to see at least Mythologies: Sub-Zero to make a triumphant return in the form of downloadable content - its name would also fit nicely with the original name when you'd just add the Mythologies: Sub-Zero in it, you know.

They could also consider now making Mythologies: Scorpion or maybe fuse these two together. They would not be as long as the original Mythologies game but they'd still include the major plot keys. Special Forces is possible too. There could be a couple of new characters in it too.

Other ideas would be a new mode called Motaro Mode where you are beating an invincible Motaro until your inevitable death; the more you hurt him the more points you gain. You would also receive Motaro as a playable character from it and possibly an exclusive arena for Motaro. Similar to Car Crush in Street Fighter.

Hot Seat Mode. This is something that fighting games haven't gotten despite the fact how simple yet functional it can be. In Hot Seat Mode you can see two CPUs fighting against each other and you can press start at any given time to join the fight. After this you will be able to fight whatever you desire of course. You could easily turn it on and off from the menu. If it's turned on, the game launches the mode after a few minutes of wait. Fits for parties especially.

What do you think of these ideas and do you have any ideas of DLC in your mind that you'd like to share to us? Discuss.
Spider804
03/13/2011 06:16 PM (UTC)
I'd like Rain, Cyber-smoke, Kenshi, Sareena, Reiko, and Tanya for DLC.
As for your ideas, how do you unlock Motaro?
KoldKombat
03/13/2011 06:23 PM (UTC)
DLC, I'm really only wanting characters and most wanted would be: Rain, Tanya, Ashrah, Shinnok, Khameleon & Frost.
heartoffire
03/13/2011 06:24 PM (UTC)
-Expansion to story mode similar to what Deadspace 2 did as dlc. Using Rain, Kenshi, Sareena, Tanya and Frost.

-Customizable Skins

-Bowling, which was hinted at in MKast lol.

-Animalities

-Chess Kombat with new fighter models and graphics, or puzzle fighter.

-2player or online challenge tower

Spider804
03/13/2011 06:27 PM (UTC)
heartoffire Wrote:

lol, That's what I do every saturday morning during the school year. tongue
I assume skulls would be the balls, but what would be the pins? grin
RazorsEdge701
03/13/2011 06:29 PM (UTC)
I'm just wanting some characters, alt costumes, and stages.

New modes seems like too much work to ask for.
jagro
About Me

03/13/2011 06:29 PM (UTC)
in this order:

- characters
- fatalities
- stages
- x-rays
- alternate costumes
- dlc mini story modes (explaining some of the plot holes or giving some characters more involvment,, so kinda like a downloadable chapter, if that makes sense)

yeah..
Spider804
03/13/2011 06:32 PM (UTC)
DLChapters sound nice. smile
Big_Speck
03/13/2011 06:34 PM (UTC)
Rain, Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, Havik, Reiko, Kai, Kobra, Ashrah.

All the missing levels from MK1-MKT.

Various levels from MK4-MKA.
KoldKombat
03/13/2011 06:45 PM (UTC)
I'd be all for minigames too....bowling, puzzle kombat etc would be really fun!
Spider804
03/13/2011 06:49 PM (UTC)
KoldKombat Wrote:
I'd be all for minigames too....bowling, puzzle kombat etc would be really fun!

I must admit, Bowling Kombat sounds interesting.
Could be because I do that all the time. tongue
ello195
03/13/2011 06:55 PM (UTC)
jagro Wrote:
in this order:

- characters
- fatalities
- stages
- x-rays
- alternate costumes
- dlc mini story modes (explaining some of the plot holes or giving some characters more involvment,, so kinda like a downloadable chapter, if that makes sense)

yeah..

This
jack4813
03/13/2011 09:50 PM (UTC)
I'm all for mini-chapters for DLC.

ello195 Wrote:
jagro Wrote:
in this order:

- characters
- fatalities
- stages
- x-rays
- alternate costumes

yeah..

This

So, all in all... This.
crimsonholocaust
03/13/2011 10:07 PM (UTC)
Hmmm... it's funny how everyone wants Rain back... I don't care for him. As for DLC, I want: alternate costumes, fatalities, levels, and characters! Oh, old stage music, too.
GlockXIII
03/13/2011 10:13 PM (UTC)
Yes! Bring DLChapters. That would be awesome.
Big_Speck
03/13/2011 10:17 PM (UTC)
Yo Crimson, that classic music is already in the game.
Deathology
03/13/2011 10:24 PM (UTC)
The only DLC i know i'll buy is characters, i'd only buy costumes and fatalities if they're cheap and good. For DLC mini games they would need to be complex with lots of replay value, use the fighting system, and be worth it's price. I wouldn't buy DLC story.
Im_JUST_Sayin
03/13/2011 10:33 PM (UTC)
heartoffire Wrote:
-Expansion to story mode similar to what Deadspace 2 did as dlc. Using Rain, Kenshi, Sareena, Tanya and Frost.

-Customizable Skins

-Animalities

-Chess Kombat with new fighter models and graphics, or puzzle fighter.

-2player or online challenge tower

Chess Kombat for the win. I'm down.
worldlus
03/13/2011 11:55 PM (UTC)
New modes are kinda doubtful as it would take a lot of programming and reprogramming to do such a thing, unless it is something that is hidden on the disc that they want you to pay for.

I would to see Rain and Montaro (4-legged) included as DLC. And maybe some alternate costumes as well.

More fatalities is always a plus, as well as more arenas.

But anymore than that is kinda doubtful.
Zmoke
03/14/2011 08:01 PM (UTC)
Spider804 Wrote:
I'd like Rain, Cyber-smoke, Kenshi, Sareena, Reiko, and Tanya for DLC.
As for your ideas, how do you unlock Motaro?

Alright. It seems as if the majority of players want strictly new fighters and maybe a couple arenas. I guess that would be the best option. I saw the possibility in new game modes after Ed Boon told that "We will be adding DLC to keep the game fresh" and I think that simple game modes would keep it fresh. If a game will have a new fighter or new skins, people don't really talk about that. If a game gets more of an expansion, it stands out.

To your question, Spider804, you could unlock Motaro after certain procedure i.e. evade ten projectiles that Motaro reflects. I want NRS to move on to the MK2013 and not to stick with MK2011 for too long but I'm open for additional fighters and expansions too.
jpetrunak
03/14/2011 08:24 PM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
Now that the game is already made for the most part, what downloadable content would you like to see in the near future in Mortal Kombat? I came up with a few ideas that could be described better as expansions.

Considering the game is simply "Mortal Kombat" and that there have been a couple of spin-offs during its time line, I would like to see at least Mythologies: Sub-Zero to make a triumphant return in the form of downloadable content - its name would also fit nicely with the original name when you'd just add the Mythologies: Sub-Zero in it, you know.

They could also consider now making Mythologies: Scorpion or maybe fuse these two together. They would not be as long as the original Mythologies game but they'd still include the major plot keys. Special Forces is possible too. There could be a couple of new characters in it too.

Other ideas would be a new mode called Motaro Mode where you are beating an invincible Motaro until your inevitable death; the more you hurt him the more points you gain. You would also receive Motaro as a playable character from it and possibly an exclusive arena for Motaro. Similar to Car Crush in Street Fighter.

Hot Seat Mode. This is something that fighting games haven't gotten despite the fact how simple yet functional it can be. In Hot Seat Mode you can see two CPUs fighting against each other and you can press start at any given time to join the fight. After this you will be able to fight whatever you desire of course. You could easily turn it on and off from the menu. If it's turned on, the game launches the mode after a few minutes of wait. Fits for parties especially.

What do you think of these ideas and do you have any ideas of DLC in your mind that you'd like to share to us? Discuss.

Story expansions would be awesome.
Project12
03/14/2011 08:47 PM (UTC)
how much will they be charging us to download all these things?
daryui
About Me
03/14/2011 08:59 PM (UTC)
Give me characters:

Tanya
Shinnok
Kenshi
Chameleon
Khameleon
Motaro

Arenas and Alternate Costumes. Make sure hidden fighters get alternate costumes.

I don't want fatalities because I don't care about them and I don't want STory Chapters because it'll only make things worse.
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

03/14/2011 09:26 PM (UTC)
I'm hoping DLC characters come with alternate costumes. I also hope Rain comes with a vignette and an ending since he's the last of the "classic" characters and it would absolutely suck for him to be the only one without some type of story.
PsycloneM
03/14/2011 10:01 PM (UTC)
Characters, alternate costumes, and stages.

I'm noticing that some of you are being a little specific on your choice of character DLC. If you don't mind, place your votes for your top five DLC picks here:

Link

Thanks. I'm trying to get an idea of what this online community wants as a whole.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.