Dracula Killer
04/01/2011 10:37 PM (UTC)by
D'Arque Bishop
About Me

D'Arque Bishop - Sysadmin
drkbish@mortalkombatonline.com

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
For a dark man shall enter the House of God...

TomTaz
About Me

"Retirement my ass!"

03/25/2011 01:59 AM (UTC)
I really liked this. Caught my attention from the beginning and kept me hooked til the end. Your characterization of Stryker is exactly how I'd imagined him to be personality-wise. Everything blended together and flowed nicely. I was wanting there to be more. I think that you should continue this, despite the current game's story. It's a great beginning to what could be a fantastic story. It's up to you though. ***Edit*** Also love the fact you chose Stryker as the main character.
Spider804
03/25/2011 02:05 AM (UTC)
Anything to see Stryker being a badass. grin
Planning a follow up?
iHeartXenomorphs
03/31/2011 03:21 AM (UTC)
I loved it, my only gripe is the lack of cheesy one-liners
~Crow~
03/31/2011 06:56 AM (UTC)
As I told you before, I'd personally ignore things in the canon that you don't like. Follow the original timeline rather than the upcoming time travel scenario. It's important to note that when writing fan fiction you keep in mind that it's your work. Personally, I base my writing and ideas off of a base and then build on it myself from there. Writing totally within the canon, especially in between set parts, makes it rather difficult to tell a convincing narrative while staying completely true to your source.

Up to you, but I'd just ignore and continue your story. It's interesting work connecting characters like Stryker to the vampire storyline introduced later on in the series timeline. Unfortunate if you decide not to try your original ideas out due to the reboot's plot.
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

04/01/2011 11:55 AM (UTC)
This was a great piece, building up Stryker as a bad-ass and incorporating elements from the canon such as his spending time with the Seidan Guard. Very enjoyable. Great job!
P.S. I always wondered what would happen to someone if a portal closed on them in mid-travel. I always assumed they'd just get "stuck between dimensions", but your concept is a lot more violent. Nice touch.
D'Arque Bishop
04/01/2011 04:46 PM (UTC)
I'll likely restart work on the expanded version this weekend, then. I'd gotten further in the story but had stopped work. I have the full plotline in my head, though.

It'll be a while before I start submitting the full story, though, as I want to finish it before I start chopping it up and uploading it. In addition, it'll be a complete refresh as I need to rewrite the ending of this part. smile
RazorsEdge701
04/01/2011 04:58 PM (UTC)
I kind of agree with Crow, you really shouldn't let "the depiction of the Outworld invasion in the new game" have any affect on your own setting.

I mean, I like work that colors inside the lines of the canon more than anybody, but the fact of the matter is, MK9 is not an expansion of the true way things went in MK1 thru 3. It's literally an alternate timeline like Marvel's Ultimate universe where things just plain happen different even before Raiden starts changing history.
Spider804
04/01/2011 10:37 PM (UTC)
What Razor said.
More Stryker, please! grin
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.