Ermac Then and Now
posted03/31/2011 04:25 PM (UTC)by
PhilCRinger
About Me

BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL: INTELLIGENCE

Question for all you Ermac fans: do you like the oldest Ermac, the Deception/Armageddon Ermac, or the new MK9 Ermac? Design, specifically.

I, for one, hate the Deception Ermac look. Too bulky and nomadic, but that's probably because the ninjas were all so slick and thin.

New Ermac looks like a good mix of the two older designs, though I want more red on his costume.
Milaana
03/31/2011 12:01 PM (UTC)
Yes, and his 6-in-one-box costume from the old clone-games were perfect.

Really this Ermac is perfect, the copy-clone Ermac was horrible and i'm glad this changed for the best.

All this palette swap orgasms need to stop.
ReptileFinally
03/31/2011 12:01 PM (UTC)
I agree I hated his deception look too. His alt on the other hand was great I loved it. And this new MK is awesome too. I love his alt but I think it could do without that cape thingy
RazorsEdge701
03/31/2011 12:02 PM (UTC)
Shouldn't sprite comics have jokes in them?
PhilCRinger
About Me

03/31/2011 12:08 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Shouldn't sprite comics have jokes in them?

But I thought it was funny sad

I made it for two reasons, actually, and neither of them have punchlines.

1. Testing out some stuff I read about comic making.
2. Noting that not even a younger version of Ermac would like his Deception costume.

But yeah, it's not funny.
Siroj
About Me

03/31/2011 12:22 PM (UTC)
I kinda like Ermac's Deception look. Their new look isn't bad either, it just lacks red color. Ermac's known for being the red ninja, yet this new costume is just black with some red highlights.
swampcrash_unknown
03/31/2011 12:30 PM (UTC)
Uhh, what clone-games was the second poster referring to?
Chameleon_88
03/31/2011 12:50 PM (UTC)
the Ermac we have now is perfect i guess, no more copy and paste!
hellnono
03/31/2011 01:06 PM (UTC)
Like. But he looks near-broken, even at this embryonic stage of the game's gameplay reveals -- air FB, low FB, levitate, teleport... : /
PplEqualShyt
03/31/2011 01:30 PM (UTC)
I actually thought his Deception look was a step in the right direction. I just thought his red pants were a little bit too much. He did have a great alternate for Deception.

As for the new game, I think it's his best look so far.
KiShiDo
03/31/2011 01:45 PM (UTC)
Ermac is near perfect. Only Noob is above him^^
Demonshire
03/31/2011 02:40 PM (UTC)
I like his outfit, but not the black "mummy-looking" bandage thing around his face.
Jaded-Raven
03/31/2011 02:48 PM (UTC)
I love what they did with Ermac in MKD, and even more so in this game!
I'm a big fan of the former palette swap characters moving away from their original look, because it adds to their character making them more unique from one another so people don't have to recognize them due to them being colour-coded. ermac's alternate outfit is alot cooler than any of his other looks though, in my opinion, as it looks NOTHING like the palette swap look and truly shows Ermac as the mystic warrior he is.
jagro
About Me

03/31/2011 02:51 PM (UTC)
ermac has been by far the most awesome looking mk character since deception. why anybody would still want him to look like a palette swapped scorpion (same goes for smoke and reptile) will never ever cease to bewilder me.
PhilCRinger
About Me

03/31/2011 03:46 PM (UTC)
jagro Wrote:
ermac has been by far the most awesome looking mk character since deception. why anybody would still want him to look like a palette swapped scorpion (same goes for smoke and reptile) will never ever cease to bewilder me.

Well, I don't know about EVERYONE that would like to see the ninja Ermac again, I can say that there's a desire to see the familiar again, to see the older characters from the older games if they're going to be in the older storyline. It's the familiar, and that's at least something NRS fed when they gave us the retro costume pre-orders. Too bad I'm not going to be getting the Ermac one (I got Gamestop, so it's retro Scorpion here), it's still going to be cool to see other people getting these costumes everyone (or most people) liked when the old MK games were released.

It's just nostalgia.
Dontex
About Me

03/31/2011 04:07 PM (UTC)
I think his main and his alt are the best he ever looked....I was really worried about it until they relieved them but I think they look dope...only thing I hope is they bring back his UMK3 costume maybe as DLC...but thats about it...I think all the ninjas except Reptile and Sub Zero look the best they've ever been in MK9...
Remonster
03/31/2011 04:10 PM (UTC)
I loved both of his MK:D costumes, but I gotta say both of his MK2011 costumes are by far my favorites. The alt costume is even cooler.
Demonshire
03/31/2011 04:22 PM (UTC)
His alternate is way better than the first.
Disco_Diva
03/31/2011 04:24 PM (UTC)
I actually liked his Deception look, however this "gritty" (see: just darkened colour scheme) new outfit is absolutely crap. Not to mention that Ermac has something in common with Michael Jackson, Beyonce and Keri Hilson. You know, as in they all became white. -___-
Jaded-Raven
03/31/2011 04:25 PM (UTC)
Demonshire Wrote:
His alternate is way better than the first.

This. ^^
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.