Confirmed - no MK release in Germany
posted04/01/2011 08:18 PM (UTC)by
OnagaJade
Well I say confirmed - my German isn't perfect.

Needs a native German speaker to confirm.

http://www.360-live.de/xbox-360/aktuell/2010/xbox-360-news-mortal-kombat-erscheint-nicht-bei-uns,-f.e.a.r.-3-nur-gekuerzt.html.
unseenwombat
03/31/2011 02:20 PM (UTC)
Wow, bummer for Germans if it's true. I just looked at it with google translate, so I'm not sure.
Jackkkkk
About Me

And the taller you are, the harder you fall. That's why a lot of us crawl.

03/31/2011 02:24 PM (UTC)
unseenwombat Wrote:
Wow, bummer for Germans if it's true. I just looked at it with google translate, so I'm not sure.

Yeah I tried that too made absolutely zero sense confused Although there was something in there about a release date I really dont have a clue though.
bbfreak328
03/31/2011 02:26 PM (UTC)
It says it won't be released on PSP, only on Xbox 360 and PS3 in Germany....
KiShiDo
03/31/2011 02:28 PM (UTC)
Fuck it... Austria I'm coming
KiShiDo
03/31/2011 02:30 PM (UTC)
I'm from germany... It says it won't come to XBOX 360 and PS 3
Spirit_Wolf
03/31/2011 02:31 PM (UTC)
Germans still can go to the countries next to it to buy it and there is no real border control. It's not that far/expensive to go to, just hop in a car and drive a bit further.
Opposed to the Aussies. They have a rather harsh border control, they are nowhere near other countries, so they practicly have to order through someone.

Not saying it is good news, but you're way better off than the Ausssies
KiShiDo
03/31/2011 02:36 PM (UTC)
The problem is still that I have to craete y new austria accound to download DLC... which sucks hard
DevilFearesMe
03/31/2011 02:37 PM (UTC)
I'm german too... Not a big suprise. But hey.. at least we have the netherlands, austria where we can buy/order MK :)
Androyd6
03/31/2011 02:40 PM (UTC)
Spirit_Wolf Wrote:
Germans still can go to the countries next to it to buy it and there is no real border control. It's not that far/expensive to go to, just hop in a car and drive a bit further.
Opposed to the Aussies. They have a rather harsh border control, they are nowhere near other countries, so they practicly have to order through someone.

Not saying it is good news, but you're way better off than the Ausssies

I have a question about how Aussies do get this game.
If the border patrol is so harsh how does the game get through?
Where can they order the game?
Will xbox live or ps network even allow updates, mathces, and dlc on aussie servers?
KiShiDo
03/31/2011 02:42 PM (UTC)
Yeah that isn't the problem to buy the game... but to download content is a pain in the ass... I wanted to play with my nick but noooo....
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
03/31/2011 02:51 PM (UTC)
Spirit_Wolf Wrote:

It's also illegal to possess banned material in Australia, whereas only the sale or exchange of material is illegal in Germany. Possession is fine. Still, it's a shame German MK fans won't have the luxury of just buying it from their local haunt! Assuming it's true...

... it'd be nice to get confirmation from a slightly more reputable source.
KiShiDo
03/31/2011 02:52 PM (UTC)
Yeah I'm still waiting for something official before buying it online from austria.

Maybe someone with twitter can ask them
Jaded-Raven
03/31/2011 02:53 PM (UTC)
Okay, WHY doesn't it come out in Germany? From what I know, Germany is nowhere as prudent when it comes to violent games and explicit content. Hell, Germany is the home country of Heavy Metal and Bondage fetishes! I don't get it, why won't Mortal Kombat be released there?
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
03/31/2011 02:57 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Okay, WHY doesn't it come out in Germany? From what I know, Germany is nowhere as prudent when it comes to violent games and explicit content. Hell, Germany is the home country of Heavy Metal and Bondage fetishes! I don't get it, why won't Mortal Kombat be released there?

I don't think rulings like this are especially representative of the average German's culture or values, anymore than it is of Australians. German ratings are quite strict, even though people are free to obtain these items under their own steam.
Jaded-Raven
03/31/2011 03:03 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
confused
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

I don't think rulings like this are especially representative of the average German's culture or values, anymore than it is of Australians. German ratings are quite strict, even though people are free to obtain these items under their own steam.

I'm so glad I live in Denmark...
Ugaking
03/31/2011 03:03 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Because they went crazy after a gamer, who played counter strike, killed a few people in his school.. and since then, games are the incarnation of evil and a few politics took the chance to profile themselves when the country was at shock.
KiShiDo
03/31/2011 03:10 PM (UTC)
Gears of War is censored as well... And MK Armageddon you can't get anywhere now as well.

I don't undestand why games as God of War 3 or some shooters are able to get here without getting censored but Mortal Kombat isn't

Suck my balls USK
ScorpZero3001
03/31/2011 03:30 PM (UTC)
too bad for you germans :S (don't want to sound sarcastic)... but it was kinda expected to happen....

ein hoch auf das österreichische land.....
KiShiDo
03/31/2011 03:33 PM (UTC)
But I still wait for an explanation why other shooters and games are coming to us without being censored but MK not.

Seriously God of War 3 is as cruel as well. But nothing came censored to us.

It is shit
D4rKeN
03/31/2011 04:13 PM (UTC)
i feel for you guys whats this world coming to theres so much shit going on that they need to focus on and not banning a video game thats obsurd
BloodyJesus
About Me

Sorry about my english, i'm from germany :)

03/31/2011 04:29 PM (UTC)
I live in Germany too. But no problem at all. I've preordered my game at game.co.uk ;)
BloodyJesus
About Me

Sorry about my english, i'm from germany :)

03/31/2011 04:32 PM (UTC)
KiShiDo Wrote:
Yeah that isn't the problem to buy the game... but to download content is a pain in the ass... I wanted to play with my nick but noooo....

You can download the DLC in the austria store and than switch to your main account. The DLC will still be there.
dengoline
03/31/2011 04:36 PM (UTC)
BloodyJesus Wrote:
KiShiDo Wrote:

You can download the DLC in the austria store and than switch to your main account. The DLC will still be there.

This is true for PS3 but not for XBOX because of an IP Filter (THX to God I earn both consoles...)
Nathan
About Me

03/31/2011 05:14 PM (UTC)
Heh, I already pre-ordered the UK version anyway.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.