1 button fatality cheat
posted04/05/2011 02:13 AM (UTC)by
DeathMachine86
Does anyone want to see this make a return like in MK Trilogy I know I would.
TortureLegend
About Me
XBLGT: Canvas of Souls
04/04/2011 05:27 AM (UTC)
Absolutely not, the hell is the fun in that? I already think they're too easy.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
04/04/2011 05:31 AM (UTC)
If it were up to me, id make them harder....

I remember when I first did a fatality (i was 3 years old, mk1's first day on snes). It was in the book or manuel. "up,up" (my father directed me which button to push)

I was never happier.

The challenge is the best. Then when I pulled off a brutality.... LOL that was an even better feeling.
seanay
04/04/2011 05:32 AM (UTC)
Now this should be the prize for beating the 300th battle in challenge tower... not what we already get for it
kombat_king
04/04/2011 05:34 AM (UTC)
I remember being about 9 and being utterly convinced that Scorpions fatality was impossible. Nobody had mentioned you were allowed to hold block while pressing up.
ZeeDoctor
04/04/2011 05:36 AM (UTC)
Personally, I don't want it.

But I wouldnt have a problem if it was in. If other people want to do the fatalities easily, doesnt hurt me.
DeathMachine86
04/04/2011 05:36 AM (UTC)
I think this should be an option because if u dont know the code to unlock the 1 button fatality option then your SOL online cuz u cant pause it. And whose gonna remember every input 4 every player granted there not hard to pull off it gives noobs a chance to get that feeling us great playets feel lol.
DeathMachine86
04/04/2011 05:39 AM (UTC)
I mean great feeling us players feel when we pull off our fatality. Not playets I know people on the threads are iffity about spelling my bad typing from my phone. Lol
InuShonen
04/04/2011 05:47 AM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:

I remember when I first did a fatality (i was 3 years old, mk1's first day on snes). It was in the book or manuel. "up,up" (my father directed me which button to push)

I was never happier.

The challenge is the best. Then when I pulled off a brutality.... LOL that was an even better feeling.

I feel the same way in that they should be harder to do. They give you a lot of time now in the MK9 demo. I'm wondering if all the time they give you will make the fatalities have less impact when you pull it off since they're so easy to do now. If it was too easy then it just ends up bein a kill video you watch every time someone wins. But, if you had to memorize a combination for each character and enter in a few seconds, then it's like "haha!, look what I did to you..,bitch" I too liked the challenge of kicking someones ass and then bustin out the fatality in those few seconds they give you. lol

If they're gonna give you the same amount of time they do in the demo, Hara Kiri would be cool also. I always liked trying to kill myself before my opponent could lol..
LordLulzinheim
04/04/2011 06:40 AM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:

I was never happier.

This. The feeling of not being able to do something at first and then later being able to pull it off is amazing. From what I've seen, the fatalities are already pretty easy, and they even put in a fatality trainer, so..
DeathMachine86
04/04/2011 07:01 AM (UTC)
Guess not many people like this idea. I do becuz I dont think I can remember over 60 different inputs for fatalities. As I stated b4 it would b a cheat not something availible from the start think END Game, Krypt or secret button input at a certain menu.
ZeeDoctor
04/04/2011 07:02 AM (UTC)
I don't really see why people would be against even having it included if its just a cheat code kind of thing.

Thats whats cheat codes do. Take away the sense of accomplishment for those who wish to partake.
The days of Fatalities being hard to pull off are way over. Casual players want to play the game and they want to be able to do Fatalities. I say yes to the cheat
InuShonen
04/04/2011 07:34 AM (UTC)
if the 10 seconds they give you now doesnt help, better get some practice in that there fatality trainer.. (watching fatalities over and over) wow if that doesnt help better enter the one button fatality cheat.. if that doesnt work.. better just go on youtube and watch the fatalities.. grin
GreenLantern_69
04/04/2011 07:55 AM (UTC)
No,If you need a 1 Button Fatality...then your a Poozer sleep
Vigoruler
04/04/2011 08:10 AM (UTC)
Fatality trainer, more time than we've ever had, and simplicty of unputs.... No. The only game I don't mind this in is MK4...probly because I forgot all of them though as this has been with friends in the past year and it had been over a decade.
Locusta
04/04/2011 08:38 AM (UTC)
I prefer fatalities to be easy to perform, so one button sounds great to me! lol srsly I already won and want to see a fatality.
JinCA
04/04/2011 09:36 AM (UTC)
Being that the fatalities are a bit easier to execute in this game (at least in the demo) I don't feel I'll need that code this time, then again it won't hurt to have it. To those that say "I don't want it" it's not like you are made to use it, it doesn't hurt to allow others who aren't as skilled to see the fatalities.
DEPRAVED
04/04/2011 10:11 AM (UTC)
I would like there to be some middle ground when it comes to this dilemma. The thing is, what kind of system/mechanic would fit that title well?

But anyway, here's my attempt to analyze both extremes of the spectrum (long inputs/more than 1 button v.s. 1 button). As well as give other possible scenarios.

Some players that dislike long fatality inputs feel that they deserve an easy "one button kill" because they won a match. So why should they have to "struggle" to remember an input for a certain finishing move (I'm taking into assumption that every single fatality has it's own unique input sequence. Does anyone know if this true?) I and others might see this being even more of a problem if the aforementioned is true. But on the other hand, people in favor of such a system could argue that you have to get good at performing a fatality, by practicing it in the "Fatality Trainer" mode. They could say it would be like remembering any other normal move for a character. So yeah it doesn't seem like anybody wins here as far as this input length debate goes. It's a matter of opinion really.

Another thing I'd like to point out is with the current system NRS has in place of someone having to enter button sequences when it says "Finish Him", that there is an awkward "pause" of the characters not doing anything because of the time it takes winning player to input the fatality command. In other words, a less fluid looking "match finisher".

There is also of course the fact that if you gave everyone 1 button finishers, that at it's simplest it would work like this: Lets say one character has 3 unique finishing moves. Well then you would assign a different button to each finishing move. Not really too much memorization going on here, I mean at least nothing like what I've talked about already and you would still might have the "pauses", depending on how much time you give the player to perform the finishing move. Another drawback to the 1 button setup is, you would be seeing a fatality every time.

Here's an idea though. If NRS were to make where you didn't have to enter a fatality command at the end of the final round, and it would be that the last normal hit became the finishing move, then this would completely solve the situation I mentioned earlier about the characters pausing before the fatality is performed. As a result of this, there would be no "Finish Him" announcement. But then of course, this goes back to allowing everyone to do a finisher. To me this is the most ideal system. But because the game would be doing an "auto-finisher" for you, the whole aspect of finishers becoming interactive would be pretty much gone. You might also not get such great looking kills in the end, because the characters last hit would of course be the killing blow (however "special" it is that the developers want it to look compared to how the move normally looks when it lands on the opponent.) It just depends on how well the developers can get that "look" of a kill across to you. This would also more than likely be a lot more work on their end.

As you guys can tell I have thought a lot about this since I plan on making my own fighter with a team someday. The thing about all these systems is that it SEEMS that not matter what system you try to come up with, you take away one good aspect of that which belongs to an entirely different system. So it's give and take really. Anyways, if you guys need any clarification on my thoughts, don't hesitate to ask. Sorry for the long read and reiteration of some words I had to use.

Also i would like to see you guys come up with some mechanic/system like how I did above. Maybe you'll surprise yourself as to what you can come up with.
Edit: I had to fix some of the paragraphs above because much of it sounded like incoherent rambling. Sorry guys, it's late where I am and under the circumstances it can be difficult to formulate thoughts into well written sentences.. I'm off to sleepy town.
annilation
About Me

I feel so alone, gonna end up a Big ole pile of them bones.

04/04/2011 11:31 AM (UTC)
Cmon man the fatalities are listed on the move list at least they were nice enough to do that lol
InsaneHowl
04/04/2011 12:00 PM (UTC)
KlTANA
About Me

04/04/2011 12:10 PM (UTC)
I'm annoyed that everyone's X-RAY isn't a unique input. Oh well...
Subzero2
About Me

PSN: Eazail70x7

04/04/2011 04:06 PM (UTC)
Id rather have the fatalities simply listed on the movelist
GotOverThere
04/04/2011 04:28 PM (UTC)
I don't see the point. If you're playing locally with friends you can just pause and look at the list. If you're playing online with strangers...you're probably not going to win with a character you don't know well so you won't get the opportunity to perform a finisher anyways.

Also remember that NRS wants to add more Fatalities to the game later on, and we would run out of buttons fast (for example, we already know at least 5 for Scorpion: his two standard cut point fatalities, his klassic fatality, his stage fatality, and there is at least one other -ality due to that achievement).

Plus if they have something like Shang Tsung's hidden Kintaro fatality that actually required planning and skill to pull off then it would just be wrong if somebody could do that one with a simple button press.

I guess the solution to both of the above to just make it so that if you turn on One-Button Fatalities, then no matter what button you press you only get the default Fatality. That way the people that didn't want to put forth the extra effort could still perform a finisher, but also have things to strive for.
InuShonen
04/05/2011 12:46 AM (UTC)
DEPRAVED Wrote:
I would like there to be some middle ground when it comes to this dilemma. The thing is, what kind of system/mechanic would fit that title well?

But anyway, here's my attempt to analyze both extremes of the spectrum (long inputs/more than 1 button v.s. 1 button). As well as give other possible scenarios.

Some players that dislike long fatality inputs feel that they deserve an easy "one button kill" because they won a match. So why should they have to "struggle" to remember an input for a certain finishing move (I'm taking into assumption that every single fatality has it's own unique input sequence. Does anyone know if this true?)

I and others might see this being even more of a problem if the aforementioned is true. But on the other hand, people in favor of such a system could argue that you have to get good at performing a fatality, by practicing it in the "Fatality Trainer" mode. They could say it would be like remembering any other normal move for a character. So yeah it doesn't seem like anybody wins here as far as this input length debate goes. It's a matter of opinion really.

Another thing I'd like to point out is with the current system NRS has in place of someone having to enter button sequences when it says "Finish Him", that there is an awkward "pause" of the characters not doing anything because of the time it takes winning player to input the fatality command. In other words, a less fluid looking "match finisher".

There is also of course the fact that if you gave everyone 1 button finishers, that at it's simplest it would work like this: Lets say one character has 3 unique finishing moves. Well then you would assign a different button to each finishing move. Not really too much memorization going on here, I mean at least nothing like what I've talked about already and you would still might have the "pauses", depending on how much time you give the player to perform the finishing move. Another drawback to the 1 button setup is, you would be seeing a fatality every time.

Here's an idea though. If NRS were to make where you didn't have to enter a fatality command at the end of the final round, and it would be that the last normal hit became the finishing move, then this would completely solve the situation I mentioned earlier about the characters pausing before the fatality is performed. As a result of this, there would be no "Finish Him" announcement. But then of course, this goes back to allowing everyone to do a finisher.

To me this is the most ideal system. But because the game would be doing an "auto-finisher" for you, the whole aspect of finishers becoming interactive would be pretty much gone. You might also not get such great looking kills in the end, because the characters last hit would of course be the killing blow (however "special" it is that the developers want it to look compared to how the move normally looks when it lands on the opponent.) It just depends on how well the developers can get that "look" of a kill across to you. This would also more than likely be a lot more work on their end.

As you guys can tell I have thought a lot about this since I plan on making my own fighter with a team someday. The thing about all these systems is that it SEEMS that not matter what system you try to come up with, you take away one good aspect of that which belongs to an entirely different system. So it's give and take really. Anyways, if you guys need any clarification on my thoughts, don't hesitate to ask. Sorry for the long read and reiteration of some words I had to use.

Also i would like to see you guys come up with some mechanic/system like how I did above. Maybe you'll surprise yourself as to what you can come up with.

Edit: I had to fix some of the paragraphs above because much of it sounded like incoherent rambling. Sorry guys, it's late where I am and under the circumstances it can be difficult to formulate thoughts into well written sentences.. I'm off to sleepy town.

Hey I was just reading your post and an ideas just started poppin in. Put my idea in your game! lol.. Anyways, here goes trying to compromise for a middle ground lol. Just bear with me i'm trying..

First off, I will stick to my opinion that the 1 button fatality is just too easy and would make it a downer as well as the automatic fatality idea. (I kinda had the same idea) But still, wouldn't seeing a fatality everytime just kill the excitedment of performing a kill on your friend in that special way?smile yes. you know it would. So scratch that.

How about when the last hit or move is performed on the opponent and time comes to "Finish Him!" Maybe one of the fatalities' input keys could flash on the screen real quick somewhere? Your gotta see it and hit the combo. picture this, After you have won the match, you look on screen, "right down right square" pops up on screen real quick in a corner (cept with arrows n the shape), it pops away. Did you see what the input was and remember it?! "right down right square" boom! you kill you're buddy and laugh at his face. tongue

So a fatality command would pop onscreen somewhere random, it would disappear, and you would have a few seconds to recall what fatality it was and enter it(or enter one from Memory). It still gives you the satisfaction of pulling it off, but you dont have to memorize every fatality. It still has the aspect of inputing the fatality and now its just reflexes and trying to pull off that smooth Kill. Best of both right?
The main idea is when the input pops up, it does so fast enough to where you can't just stare at it and slow enough to where you can see it for a second and have it in your brain for the next few seconds to do the Fatality.

These are just a few of the ideas to work off of I guess. Of course it could be tweaked however. Such as: every character has around 3 fatalities right? Would all 3 pop up on screen? or a random of the 3?(would take less space on screen and also switch up the fatalities everytime) Or could you use the switch stance button to get into a fatality stance and then have the input pop up? or you could just uppercut them too hehe.. lemme kno what you guys think of the idea as a compromise to both sides.

Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.