MoodyShooter
About Me

Dedicated, hopeless...Li Mei fan.

04/14/2011 10:37 PM (UTC)
Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:
I definitely dislike Sonya's costume. I find it kind of boring and tacky, but at least the character model overall is good. I just wished that she'd dress in a more believable way, even in the fantasy world of Mortal Kombat. I'm thinking something along the lines of her wearing the kind of outfit she wore in the first Mortal Kombat movie. That would be badass, imo. For her alternate costume, she could show more skin by wearing a tank top (probably white or green) with shorts or camo pants for a more casual look that still ties into her affiliation with the U.S. army.

This. I'd even be more receptive if they went and made something closer to the second example Queve posted. Right now she doesn't look military at all. She looks more like a biker than anything else.
shinJAYSAMA
About Me

@_______@

04/14/2011 10:44 PM (UTC)
Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:
I definitely dislike Sonya's costume. I find it kind of boring and tacky, but at least the character model overall is good. I just wished that she'd dress in a more believable way, even in the fantasy world of Mortal Kombat. I'm thinking something along the lines of her wearing the kind of outfit she wore in the first Mortal Kombat movie. That would be badass, imo. For her alternate costume, she could show more skin by wearing a tank top (probably white or green) with shorts or camo pants for a more casual look that still ties into her affiliation with the U.S. army.

YES. Even in a ridiculously over-the-top game like MK, Sonya is one of the few characters that are more conservative, more realistic, and believable. I loved her portrayal in the first MK movie. I hope her alt costume is her MK3 costume, I loved that one :D

But, really, I'm not bothered by her current look at all, and I'm not complaining at all. I just wanted to be funny >.>
Spider804
04/14/2011 10:46 PM (UTC)
I wonder if this thread will go to 30 some pages like last time. XD
shinJAYSAMA
About Me

@_______@

04/14/2011 10:53 PM (UTC)
Spider804 Wrote:

Some one did this already?

Aww, darn. >.<
Spider804
04/14/2011 10:56 PM (UTC)
4 or 5 months ago anyway. Don't worry about it. :P
queve
04/14/2011 11:02 PM (UTC)
Sonya's look keeps reminding me (a lot) of Lara Croft.

She's had that "Lara" vibe since MKvsDC, actually.

A shirt would had made this costume sooo much better. Its a real shame they felt like they had to sexualize her like this. She's always been more "subtle".

That is an awesome render of hers, btw. Those hips are rocking the game.

Also, costumes that resemble this look (with her own MK essence of course) are totally approved:

Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:
....I'm thinking something along the lines of her wearing the kind of outfit she wore in the first Mortal Kombat movie. That would be badass, imo. For her alternate costume, she could show more skin by wearing a tank top (probably white or green) with shorts or camo pants for a more casual look that still ties into her affiliation with the U.S. army.

I agree with this thoughts.

I'm all for a full-body (tight) suit for Sonya and a more "Lara Croft" look with shorts for her as an alternate.

Of course, the costumes should resemble her MK essence and "fantasy" military essence.
queve
04/14/2011 11:06 PM (UTC)
shinJAYSAMA Wrote:
Spider804 Wrote:

Aww, darn. >.<

Are you kidding?

She pretty much broke MKO's thread record and almost crushed the internet. How can you have missed this?:

Sonya's mega thread about her mega attributes...

Enjoy, but, don;t bump. wink
The Gaymer thread broke the sonya thread record.
tongue
shinJAYSAMA
About Me

@_______@

04/14/2011 11:10 PM (UTC)

LMFAO
You made the first reply grin
shinJAYSAMA
About Me

@_______@

04/14/2011 11:17 PM (UTC)
I'm sure Johnny Cage loved that thread. glasses
queve
04/14/2011 11:21 PM (UTC)
Ion3008 Wrote:
The Gaymer thread broke the sonya thread record.
tongue

True, but, that isn't about "MK news" related. smile Also, you are forgetting the countless (and extensive) extra threads and posts that existed before the News Lead article was created. Then they got closed.

PS: I'm obviously making this a much bigger deal than it already was. lol.

shinJAYSAMA Wrote:
queve Wrote:
shinJAYSAMA Wrote:
Spider804 Wrote:

Aww, darn. >.<

Are you kidding?

She pretty much broke MKO's thread record and almost crushed the internet. How can you have missed this?:

Sonya's mega thread about her mega attributes...

Enjoy, but, don;t bump. wink

LMFAO
You made the first reply grin

As a loyal Sonya fan, it was my duty to do so. In her own words:

Mission accomplished.

PS: Don't multiple post, bud. You will get in trouble for spamming. Its against the rules.
shinJAYSAMA
About Me

@_______@

04/14/2011 11:23 PM (UTC)
:X

Man, I feel like a complete ass, now...
GREGalicious
04/15/2011 12:47 AM (UTC)
I dont think its the costume itself ppl dislike, its the cleavage overhaul and heels that SONYA doesnt usually have. It just makes her look like someone else
MoodyShooter
About Me

Dedicated, hopeless...Li Mei fan.

04/15/2011 12:55 AM (UTC)
GREGalicious Wrote:
I dont think its the costume itself ppl dislike, its the cleavage overhaul and heels that SONYA doesnt usually have. It just makes her look like someone else

I dislike the costume.
Disco_Diva
04/15/2011 01:06 AM (UTC)
I enjoy the costume for what it is, a fantastical representation of the military woman fetish.

However, the heels make no sense. It just looks classless. Girl, I thought you were an official or something high rank but with those shoes you be looking like a two dollar tramp!

Moral: It's the shoes that can make or break an outfit.

Now the Edenians and their heels are a totally different story. I assume that in their 10767876545678765 year lifespan, they've mastered the art of kicking ass in heels. In fact, it's probably mandatory in Female Assassin School. They don't look like tramps because it goes with their outfit.
Tazer_Gunshot
04/15/2011 02:46 AM (UTC)
I think they could of done without the vest or at least a different collar on it. However, I don't like Sonya period!
mkwhopper
04/15/2011 03:48 AM (UTC)
What's wrong with her costume?
ironman357thegod
About Me

bad kids, bad kids, whatcha gonna do sequel doesn't know what to do when he gets straight up shited by you.

04/15/2011 03:49 AM (UTC)
i agree with queve
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.