SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
04/15/2011 05:20 AM (UTC)
ZeeDoctor Wrote:
Well at least Smoke fans can now live together in harmony.

Not until we get Cyber Smoke. Then we'll live in harmony, kind of.
ZeeDoctor
04/15/2011 05:23 AM (UTC)
Youre right.

I forgot about those guys...
RazorsEdge701
04/15/2011 05:25 AM (UTC)
SmokeNc-017 Wrote:
ZeeDoctor Wrote:
Well at least Smoke fans can now live together in harmony.

Not until we get Cyber Smoke. Then we'll live in harmony, kind of.

It will be a glorious day of dancing and drinking and homemade fireworks and subsequent visits to the emergency room.
I'm going to play the HATER card...

Boo!!!
His gear is all METAL? and his mask is a rip off of Sub-Zero's.... Why couldn't they add his default mask to this?
I hate his costume... wished they would have freaking listen when i said they should have used the Shaolin Monks outfit or base one off of it.... this one is more dread than his default...

Poor Smoke.. his first time back as human being only to be getting lame costume treatment and limited Story line.. thanks NRS nice way to catar the fans.

On a plus note... at least they got his gameplay down... so i look forward to that.
Spaceman
04/15/2011 05:36 AM (UTC)
I love this look, everything about it is awesome. Metal looking armor doesn't really strike me as stealthy, but I'll take it over troll doll hair any day, and it still looks cool.
-Brad-
04/15/2011 05:49 AM (UTC)
Who needs stealth when he can become literal smoke, with those powers, I'd wear a suit with an open invitation to be seen. Try to hit me bitches!
I like both Smoke attires.
Balkan
About Me

04/15/2011 06:20 AM (UTC)
i just snapped some screen caps of smoke's alt for those who like it; enjoy.

Chrome
About Me

04/15/2011 06:22 AM (UTC)
Barely an effort to differentiate.

At least the primary makes you look at him.
JediSith
About Me

The enemy of my enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

04/15/2011 06:40 AM (UTC)
That will be my primary costume. I don't think I'll ever touch the main after seeing this.
Balkan
About Me

04/15/2011 07:35 AM (UTC)
T-rex
About Me

04/15/2011 02:24 PM (UTC)
Well... It's pretty nifty on its own,but I still feel like it borrows way too much from Sub-Zero.

I wish they took his Shaolin Monks design and went into that direction a bit more. And while they're at it,they should've given him the smooth and sexy voice he had in that game. That gravelly "WHERE THERE'S SMOKE THERE'S FIRE" doesn't do anything for me.
assasSINister
04/15/2011 02:29 PM (UTC)
That's it? That is the best they could do for Smoke? Honestly? HOW FUCKING PATHETIC, NRS.
I am very disappointed in the majority of these costumes for the ninjas.

They should have hired the guy who designed this:

The_Shokan_King
04/15/2011 02:31 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
To me, this IS his main now. I'm just pretending the other doesn't exist.

I second this.

Should have been this and MKD primary as his alt.
KiShiDo
04/15/2011 02:33 PM (UTC)
He looks awesome
Demonshire
04/15/2011 03:00 PM (UTC)
I think it should have been much brighter. Almost light gray or even white.
Black costume with gray/white armor plates.

Now he almost looks like Noob
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
04/15/2011 03:17 PM (UTC)
The_Shokan_King Wrote:
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
To me, this IS his main now. I'm just pretending the other doesn't exist.

I second this.

Should have been this and MKD primary as his alt.

Wouldn't make sense; both his MKD forms are cyber/nanomachine reliant. He's still human at this point.
cyberdog
About Me

http://i39.tinypic.com/24l4jk6.jpg

04/15/2011 04:19 PM (UTC)
His original wipes the floor with his alt.
Ill let you choose.
Super cool christopher walken ninja assassin.
Or generic gray ninja 101.
queve
04/15/2011 04:22 PM (UTC)
Its cool. I like it.

But, I'm with Jaded-Raven and Chrome in their opinions: The controversial primary is sooo much better and distinctive.

Still, I really dig this ninja costume (even if its not as cool as the primary).
Jaded-Raven
04/15/2011 04:32 PM (UTC)
If they smacked some blue colour on Smoke's alternate outfit, he would look like Sub-Zero. If they made his skin black (as in the colour black, not as a tan), he would look like Noob. There's nothing unique about this alternate outfit...

However, it seems like some fans prefer uninspired and uncreative palette swap looks for their "ninjas", so why not hand it to them as alternate outfits? I mean there's so many who craves the classic outfits for these guys, because they dislike individuality and would rather have rainbow-coloured Power Rangers... I don't understand them, but it's nice to see those fans being catered by NRS, trying to satisfy as many fans as possible.

All there is for Smoke now is the Cyborg DLC version of him.

Would people want Cyborg Smoke to be a seperate character, or would you accept it as an alternate outfit, like Cyrax and Sektor with their respective human forms as their alternate outfits?
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
04/15/2011 05:02 PM (UTC)
It's a decentish alt as far as LK attire goes, but I am going to be sticking with his main by and large. That one really emphasizes the personality under there he's been so lately given, it's his equivalent of the unmasked Sub-Zero alt we're currently missing. It's Smoke freed from the LK's corruption.

Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Would people want Cyborg Smoke to be a seperate character, or would you accept it as an alternate outfit, like Cyrax and Sektor with their respective human forms as their alternate outfits?

Now that we have seen what's been done with Cyrax and Sektor, the days of two Smokes should be far behind us. An alt is fine.
Jaded-Raven
04/15/2011 05:07 PM (UTC)
Just to prove my point...

Icebaby
04/15/2011 05:07 PM (UTC)
What I find humorous is that fact that a lot of you guys are saying that he's a total rip off of Sub-Zero... Yet did we forget that the two of them are from the same clan? Aren't we forgetting that? I mean come on...

For me, I like this, it's cool, it's sweet, his primary is sweet... I can't find anything wrong with this character... He's even got a move similar towards Hotaru's, and Hotaru's a fucking beast!

So, yeah... Don't forget that he and Sub-Zero are from the same clan so of course they're going to look almost exactly alike.
Jaded-Raven
04/15/2011 05:10 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
What I find humorous is that fact that a lot of you guys are saying that he's a total rip off of Sub-Zero... Yet did we forget that the two of them are from the same clan? Aren't we forgetting that? I mean come on...

For me, I like this, it's cool, it's sweet, his primary is sweet... I can't find anything wrong with this character... He's even got a move similar towards Hotaru's, and Hotaru's a fucking beast!

So, yeah... Don't forget that he and Sub-Zero are from the same clan so of course they're going to look almost exactly alike.

... I could say something now, but they would be spoilers, so I shall restrain myself for your sake. ^^

But no, I did not forget. I get the idea with this alternate outfit. But they could have done so much more with it to make it look more unique and STILL appear like they're clan members.
funnylegz
04/15/2011 06:26 PM (UTC)
Yesterday I saw in those videos on you tube the people that somehow got a bootleg of the game there was a video of smoke in this costume thats when I first saw it, I honestly don't mind the hair but I like this one better and it dose resemble that pic we all saw several months ago of smoke with the metallic ninja suit, so I am glad that was either a real pic or at least this real alt. costume resembles it in some ways. :)
Milaana
04/15/2011 06:49 PM (UTC)
Cool people love his main costume, boring fantasyless people stick with this horrible bland alternative costume.

Most alternative costumes bore me, Mileena has a very cool one, Raiden is nice, Sheeva rocks, Cyrax and Sektor are unique, Ermac looks sweet, same for Sonya Blade, Jax and Johnny Cage and i'm growing on Liu Kang.

But most of the others look like cheap copies of their main costume, especially Kabal... even the same freaking colors.. what the fuck?
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.