nice bro!!!!!!!!!!!!
NS922
About Me
04/22/2011 02:40 AM (UTC)
That would be impossible for me.
Bezou
About Me
04/22/2011 02:41 AM (UTC)
Ah, I wouldn't be able to unlock it because I have it set for one round.
Army_Of_Ermac
04/22/2011 02:53 AM (UTC)
I'll try this on easy.
Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

04/22/2011 03:01 AM (UTC)
Does that mean you need to get a double flawless victory + fatality on everyone on the way to shang, or just on shang?

That would be dam near impossible IMO. I could see not loosing a round though.
Gillbob316
04/22/2011 03:25 AM (UTC)
Alright, Alright, Alright... I just fought (and beat) Jade (Finally) and I have developed what I hope to be a semi-idiot proof way of unlocking the Jade fight...

After trying all day to get the damn fight to unlock, here's what I did...

I saw on TRMK a link where someone reported the way to fight her was to perform a fatality on everyone before Shang Tsung... and to double flawless Shang and perform a fatality, while not losing a single fight/round. That knowledge in hand... I played a little bit of trickery on the game...

Basically, if you win a match, but then pause it and go back to the character select screen... it doesn't count as a loss. In other words: If you quit back to the character select screen before the words "finish him" it does count as a loss. If you do it after "Finish Him!" but before the fight truly ends, it's not counted against you, and you can repeat the fight...

That said... any fight before Shang where I f'ed up the fatality... I immediately paused it and quit back to the character select screen. Repicked. Refought. Did it again until I got the fatality off...

Then ON Shang... same basic thing. Any time he got a hit off on me, I'd continue the fight and win... but after the words "Finish Him" popped, I'd pause it, quit back to the character select, and start over...

This way, I was able to perform a fatality on everyone, as well as double flawless & fatality Shang... without having any lost rounds or fights counted against me. (Incase that matters, and I suspect it does.)

And happy day, using this method, I did eventually double flawless Shang, performed a fatality on him, and happy day... the Jade fight unlocked.

I'll note, just for any curious parties... if you unlock the Jade fight, after Shang the game will IMMEDIATELY go to a load screen for Goro's lair. It will NOT go back to the ladder and show it moving up to Goro/Kintaro. It goes straight to the load screen. (This is similar to the way the Reptile fight goes immediately to the Pit Bottom load screen)

Just for the sake of misc info... Kintaro was the sub boss on this particular ladder. I did NOT flawless every round before Shang Tsung (though did happen to flawless a few). I DID win every round. I performed a normal fatality on every character (No stage fatalities or bablities), and as stated, if at any point I screwed up, I reset the fight using the method described above. I switched characters several times (quitting back to character select allowed me to do so, apparently without penalty) Used mostly Cyrax and Scorpion, spamming their 4-hit x button combos on Shang to get the flawless. I was on Beginner difficulty for easy wins. And finally, here were my final stats after completing arcade mode...

Total time: 27:39
Difficulty: Beginner
Fastesst Match: 25 Seconds
Matches lost: 0
Rounds lost: 0
Flawless Victories: 23
Total Damage Recieved: 1603%
Longest Kombo: 6 hits
Total Koins Awarded: 32395
Fatalities Performed: 8

I'll note that when I GOT to Shang Tsung, only about 7 minutes had elapsed... the other 20 came from me restarting the fight in an effort to flawless him. Same goes for all those extra flawless victories and koins. Those came from fighting and refighting Shang several times. (I would occasionally flawless him the first round, but fail the second round.)

Also final note: Having now beaten all 4 secret bosses... I can confirm that it unlocked absolutely nothing. My xbox gamertag is also Gillbob316 if you'd care to look my achievements up and verify that I'm not lying. :P

Oh, furthermore, I beat them all on the first try. Noob was the hardest. I had to use that cheap block/uppercut method you may have seen in some of the videos to kill him. The other three I just fought the same as I would any other fighter without problems. They're just a bit faster and more aggressive.

Beat Jade and Noob with Cyrax. Smoke with Scorpion. Reptile with Sheeva.

And THAT... is every last bit of information I have on this damn subject... lol...

Happy Jade hunting folks. Hope this method works out for the rest of ya'll...
Icebaby
04/22/2011 03:31 AM (UTC)
Does it matter what difficulty you're on or not really?
Gillbob316
04/22/2011 03:32 AM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
Does it matter what difficulty you're on or not really?

I was on beginner, so I'm gonna go with no.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
04/22/2011 05:39 AM (UTC)
what tactic did you use to flawless shang? i can get him so close and then he goes into super rage mode and always lands one stupid low kick. lol character? tactic?
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
04/22/2011 05:42 AM (UTC)
Do we get to keep the costume or do we just fight her?
Balkan
About Me

04/22/2011 05:51 AM (UTC)
hate to do this... i can already see the replies... but i hope the klassic kostumer for the regular jade has her standard darker skin. i know, i know but jade has dark skin, its just a fact. and this boss looks like kitana in green. but cool that someone finally found her and has proof.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
04/22/2011 05:54 AM (UTC)
Just did it.

UPDATE:

no fatality required. just no rounds lost up to shang tsung and double flawless.

I messed up on the fatality input and i spinkicked him in the face LOL... and behold. I still got it. Although I performed Fatalities on everybody else... all primary fatal #1
Gillbob316
04/22/2011 08:33 AM (UTC)
I'm beginning to wonder if the requirements are just perform X number of fatalities and get X number of flawless victories before Goro/Kintaro.

Similar to the secret fights in Street Fighter 4. Required X number of perfects and EX moves before the end of the ladder.

Seems to be the only consistent thing in everyone's "I unlocked Jade!" story is lots of flawlesses and fatalities.
ast_V
04/24/2011 04:56 PM (UTC)
If you lose the fight against Jade, can you do the character select trick to fight her again without having to do the entire thing over?
Vash_15
About Me
04/24/2011 04:59 PM (UTC)
>MK3 costume
DO NOT WANT
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.