Whats the Highest Combo youve done?
posted05/15/2011 01:50 AM (UTC)by
Garlador
Like many people, I love doing combos in fighting games, racking up the damage and getting in as many hits as possible. Admittedly, I haven't REALLY gotten into the game yet, but I've managed to get some good combos off of some unlikely characters. I'm surprisingly good with Sheeva and can pull off 10+ combos with ease with her that routinely get in the 40% damage range.

But the highest damage I've done, personally, is with Quan Chi, racking up 58% damage.

I know it's easier to get some high combos with Scorpion, as I've seen plenty of videos with him, and I saw a great 81% damage combo with Kung Lao, but I like to gravitate towards less played characters to see their potential.

So, sound off. Either state:

1) How many hits you've been able to pull off in a single combo

or

2) The most damaging combo you've done with a character.
GodlyShinnok
05/04/2011 10:09 PM (UTC)
23 hits with Sonya.

66% with Cyber Sub-Zero.
smokeman14
05/04/2011 10:14 PM (UTC)
67% with Quan Chi.
EcstasyTuesday
05/04/2011 10:14 PM (UTC)
21 Hit with Sonya is my highest, that's because of her X-ray though.
It's jump in punch, Dive Kick, 2, 1, Kartwheel kick, 1, 1, --- 1, 1, X-ray
Cyrax also has a wicked unfair combo that takes up 1 bar and is easily done. It's 15 hits and is 50% damage! It can be modified with more hits, but this is the generic version.
Jump in punch, 1, 2, 1, B-B+2, Jump in punch, 1, 2, 1, F-F+4+BLOCK, F-F+4, Uppercut, 3, 3, D-F+3, Air grab off that.
Urichinan
05/04/2011 10:24 PM (UTC)
100%+ using Sheeva and Kano in a tag team:

(Sheeva on point) b+2,1+2 > Kano Knife Throw Assist > b+2,1+2 > Kano Knife Throw Assist > b+2,1+2 > Kano Knife Throw Assist > b+2,1+2 > bf+3

The damage varies depending on how you start the combo.
Zidane_FF
05/04/2011 10:27 PM (UTC)
You guys are maniacs.

I usually choose a favorite combo and spam it over and over. 3 to 4 hits is fine for me.

I am very lazy to do all those things.grin
PsycloneM
05/04/2011 10:29 PM (UTC)
23 hits with Mileena.
TheDarkPassenger
05/04/2011 11:41 PM (UTC)
PsycloneM Wrote:
23 hits with Mileena.

I'm really curious what that combo is--can you post the inputs, or a video? Mileena can laydown some decent damage, but that hit count is crazy.

Some of the max hits aren't really representative of how long the combos really are....for example, any special move that has a bunch of hits, such as Liu Kang's Bicycle Kick, the hit count will be padded.

I'll exclude Shang Tsung's combo damage, because it's just ridiculous, but I've gotten a few character from 55%-60% and highest hits are around 15-17.
Spaceman
05/05/2011 12:12 AM (UTC)
Well in training mode I've gotten up into the 40's with X-rays, but without the x-ray I'm still trying to get a hold on the more normal like upper 20's and 30 percent damage combo's.

And in a real game I fuck most of these up, haven't had the time to practice nearly as often as I'd like to or need to.

Think the highest combo I can do without x-ray is one with Ermac where you go B+1 2 F+1 (think thats it), dash in or telepunch and juggle however from there. But I heard somewhere that that starting combo isn't effective in an actual game against somebody not completely new to the game. Can't play online just yet tho so I dunno, hope thats not the case.
PsycloneM
05/05/2011 01:20 AM (UTC)
TheDarkPassenger Wrote:
PsycloneM Wrote:
23 hits with Mileena.

I'm really curious what that combo is--can you post the inputs, or a video? Mileena can laydown some decent damage, but that hit count is crazy.

Some of the max hits aren't really representative of how long the combos really are....for example, any special move that has a bunch of hits, such as Liu Kang's Bicycle Kick, the hit count will be padded.

I'll exclude Shang Tsung's combo damage, because it's just ridiculous, but I've gotten a few character from 55%-60% and highest hits are around 15-17.

(After Leaping Sai) jump+2, 2, 3, EX Ball Roll, up+4, Forward Dash, 4, EX Ball Roll, 4, EX Ball Roll, 4, Ball Roll, 4, Leaping Neckbite

Starts out with a jump-in punch. Credit to TylerLantern for the ball roll-kick sequence. Not an efficient combo by any means, does 39% damage, but it's the highest number of hits I've been able to pull off with Mileena. The highest damage I've been able to do with her without an X-ray is a 16-hit, 41% damage combo:

jump+2, 2, 3, EX Ball Roll, up+4, jump+3, Teleport Drop, EX Sai, Ball Roll, jump+3, Teleport Drop, Sai
TheDarkPassenger
05/05/2011 01:59 AM (UTC)
PsycloneM Wrote:
TheDarkPassenger Wrote:
PsycloneM Wrote:
23 hits with Mileena.

(After Leaping Sai) jump+2, 2, 3, EX Ball Roll, up+4, Forward Dash, 4, EX Ball Roll, 4, EX Ball Roll, 4, Ball Roll, 4, Leaping Neckbite

Starts out with a jump-in punch. Credit to TylerLantern for the ball roll-kick sequence. Not an efficient combo by any means, does 39% damage, but it's the highest number of hits I've been able to pull off with Mileena. The highest damage I've been able to do with her without an X-ray is a 16-hit, 41% damage combo:

jump+2, 2, 3, EX Ball Roll, up+4, jump+3, Teleport Drop, EX Sai, Ball Roll, jump+3, Teleport Drop, Sai

Ahh, I see. I didn't know that the EX ball roll removed the special move pop-up limit--nice!
Nephrite
05/05/2011 04:20 PM (UTC)
Best no meter combo:

Kitana: 13 hits, 45% damage

Best X-ray combo:

Ermac: ? hits, 51% damage
Sub-Zero: ? hits, 51% damage

*? = haven't played with Ermac and Sub-Zero that much recently so I forgot the number of hits. I've been practicing with Sektor lately.

I hardly ever use enhanced specials.
nyjetsrulz87
05/07/2011 12:54 AM (UTC)
Highest non-X-ray combo I've done so far is a 15 hit combo as Mileena which does 36% damage.

Not impressive,but I'm getting there smile
TortureLegend
About Me
XBLGT: Canvas of Souls
05/07/2011 04:48 AM (UTC)
smokeman14 Wrote:
67% with Quan Chi.

Can you post this combo please? Here's an iPhone pic I took last night messing around with Shang.
GodlyShinnok
05/07/2011 05:50 AM (UTC)
Well, going cheap with Shang I did 89% damage.
TortureLegend
About Me
XBLGT: Canvas of Souls
05/07/2011 07:51 PM (UTC)
Hehe
Rockchalk5477
05/11/2011 09:10 PM (UTC)
I'm by no means an expert at getting great juggle combos (I can't even tell you what frames are...) but earlier, I managed to pull off a pretty nice wall combo with Jade.

Jump 1, B1, QCB 2, B2, B3, X-Ray - 53% and 10 hits -- I was so proud of myself! smile
(With the B3 to X-Ray, wait until your opponent falls down a bit -- otherwise you'll miss it)
microchip
About Me

GT: Dimitri1033

05/11/2011 09:25 PM (UTC)
Kung Lao, 20 Hits, 72%
Legendary-Scorpion
05/12/2011 02:05 AM (UTC)
So far for me its a 6 hit 21% damage combo with Scorpion (im working on my owns stuff at this time.)
progdog
05/14/2011 07:43 AM (UTC)
14 hit, 41% with Noob Saibot is the highest I've managed, haven't really experimented much. Opponent needs to be cornered at side of stage to pull this off and have full x-ray meter.

It's basically just his quick 4 hit shadow combo followed directly by his advanced shadow kick thing then just juggle them using his quick 2 kick combo followed by the shadow kick again, uses 3 super bars for the 3 shadow kicks to keep them juggled, then just end it with the 2 kicks then shadow tackle thing (or regular shadow kick and uppercut)

B+1,2,1,4 - D,B,1+R2 - F+3,3 - D,B,1+R2 - F+3,3 - D,B,1+R2 - F+3,3 - D,F,1.

J-spit
About Me
Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
05/15/2011 01:50 AM (UTC)
Nightwolf

12 Hits
35% Damage
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.