K3at0n-S01z3r0
About Me

Team Edenia: Kitana & Rain-You cant spell assassin without sin and double the ASS!.................................................................................

08/05/2011 04:27 AM (UTC)
They also need a patch for the DLC. sometimes i play, then i dont see my character... can anyone help me with that, or is that jus me...

especially when i go online, my costumes and character (rain) sometimes dont appear...
Doomcaster
About Me

--- My Band ---
--- Some graphic design pieces I've done. ---

We are all connected... to each other; biologically, to the earth; chemically, to the rest of the universe; atomically.

08/05/2011 07:57 AM (UTC)
K3at0n-S01z3r0 Wrote:
They also need a patch for the DLC. sometimes i play, then i dont see my character... can anyone help me with that, or is that jus me...

especially when i go online, my costumes and character (rain) sometimes dont appear...

If you play someone who hasn't downloaded the Compatibility packs, you won't be able to use DLC characters or costumes. sad
K3at0n-S01z3r0
About Me

Team Edenia: Kitana & Rain-You cant spell assassin without sin and double the ASS!.................................................................................

08/06/2011 09:15 AM (UTC)
OOOOOHHHH... so that explains why rain wont show up... that sly bastard....

Ima tell my cousin to get them... the free ones at least... cus hes stopping my team.

Why don't the doushes over at WB studios work on a update that gives every system the pack instead of just the people who want to own with kwel costumes or people can use them?...

mortal kombat... curveball every time...
K3at0n-S01z3r0
About Me

08/06/2011 09:36 AM (UTC)
what they need to fix on stryker is his gun shot. how in the hell is putting ur fists up going to stop two lead objects froh harming you???

at least make it where you have to duck or well timed jump to not hurt you.
Doomcaster
About Me

--- My Band ---
--- Some graphic design pieces I've done. ---

We are all connected... to each other; biologically, to the earth; chemically, to the rest of the universe; atomically.

08/09/2011 09:02 AM (UTC)
K3at0n-S01z3r0 Wrote:
Why don't the doushes over at WB studios work on a update that gives every system the pack instead of just the people who want to own with kwel costumes or people can use them?...

mortal kombat... curveball every time...

Yeah... I really wish the compatibility packs were mandatory downloads in order to play online. It isn't fair to people who paid for these characters to only get to use them half the time online...

K3at0n-S01z3r0 Wrote:
what they need to fix on stryker is his gun shot. how in the hell is putting ur fists up going to stop two lead objects froh harming you???

At first I was thinking that would be a dumb idea... But now that I give it some thought, that would actually be understandable. Some special moves of other characters break low blocks for example; Kenshi's downward blade things.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

08/15/2011 06:00 PM (UTC)
K3at0n-S01z3r0 Wrote:

Out of all the things you experience in the game, you questioned something little as this? The same could be said for every projectile in this game that gets blocked. It's a video game.
If this game played realistic, everyone will be dead in one hit after using a special move or X-Ray. No need to question it, just accept it.

If blocking bullets does normal damage then Stryker would be broken and everyone would be using him.
Ducking the bullets through out the match is just tempting the Stryker player to use it through out the whole match until you slip. Not to mention that the Stryker player won't care since he's building his meter up as you do nothing.

Although it's stupid to stand up and block projectiles anyway since it causes chip damage. And it's not wise to try to jump projectiles since you can't time them all. And unless memory serves me wrong, you can't jump over Stryker's gun attack, you get hit anyway in mid air.
funnylegz
08/17/2011 05:30 AM (UTC)
sektorhardmetal Wrote:
Fix ERMAC, he should about the same damage as Kabal IMO, if he's able to pull crap off that easy and override hits, i.e. your fist is in his face while he is doing a force lift and i doesn't hit him. This game is broken when it comes to that guy. furious Too many glitches have occured while fighting him, he needs to have an extension of recovery frames if you block his moves not
all just a couple ( I'm talking tekken paul pheonix just threw a gut buster and I blocked it recovery time) or a reduction in damage.

First of all I got on this thread to say that I think kung laos frame trap needs to be removed, any frame trap is cheating and bs, the MK9 tier list should not be made with frame traps in mind, yes lao is powerful and is 1-3 in my opinon with out the trap.(btw idk if theyve fixed laos frame trap yet so if so oh well) The best way to beat Lao was always to stay away from him and bait the dive kick or teleport to punish. First he had 0 recovery punch links they fixed that now a cheap ass frame trap not to mention PL relyed heavily on it to win EVO. Lao players can talk all the crap they want about "oh you can avoid it by blocking in this position first blah blah" but if you dont have a breaker he could take close to 50% off with it before its broken.

Now on to Ermac, obviously you can tell he's my main, ever since umk3 people have been complaining hes overpowered, but the balance to ermac is if you block any special move hes very easily punished, in mk9 its the same thing. you have to play very safe against him you cant jump bc of the tk push or ermac can jump back with you and teleport punch the oponent out of the air and juggle with a tks for a combo. You cant pressure ermac on wake up bc of the wake up tks so Ermac can be frustrating but there is a way to beat him at east he dosnt have to rely on cheating to win.
funnylegz
08/17/2011 05:47 AM (UTC)
Also one more thing Ermac has never done a great deal of damage compaired to other less combo heavy characters bc Ermac will always be combo heavy. One of the patches has already scailed back his damage even more, it dosnt bother me tho bc its so easiy to combo with him and punish people for me that his reduced damge isnt a factor. Scorpion is the same way hes never done a great amount of damage because hes combo heavy, I have a 13 hit x ray with scorpion and i get a lot of rage quits bc 1 its such a long combo and 2 during the x ray the game kinda goes into slow mo. So I think people are panicing and quiting before they notice the combo only did like 33% damage lol It may be less then 33% im not sure
Espio872
08/17/2011 06:06 AM (UTC)
K3at0n-S01z3r0 Wrote:

People shoot fire and missles at people in this game, you can't block any of these projectiles in real life and many of their moves would kill you easily, the game doesn't try to be realistic and with good reason.

Stryker's gun is fine, it doesn't need to become cheap and broken, so scrubs can use it excessively, his gun works the same as everyone else's projectile when it's blocked, it does chip damage, as it should.
marathonjedi
08/18/2011 11:41 AM (UTC)
The cage thing needs fixed.Why doesn't nrs put more pushback in the game on blocked strings?Guys that move forward on there strings(liu kang,kung,kano etc)can continue the pressure relentlessly even if i block all there crap i am not rewarded with a punish.With more pushback i have a chance.Or even better yet have some kind of one bar meter move that allows for counters, one for punch one for kick similar to the alpha series in street fighter.It would be a two hit counter back that did about 3 percent damage.This would allow for way more strategy,and would solve a lot of the issues in the game.
ironman357thegod
About Me

bad kids, bad kids, whatcha gonna do sequel doesn't know what to do when he gets straight up shited by you.

08/25/2011 10:01 AM (UTC)
Patch kano's freaking EX-moves, theyre so pointless Ugh!

And training mode needs work

Online cant be fixed probably because its gamespy and they suck balls (look at sf3O)
SuperT26
08/26/2011 04:01 AM (UTC)
funnylegz Wrote:
sektorhardmetal Wrote:
Fix ERMAC, he should about the same damage as Kabal IMO, if he's able to pull crap off that easy and override hits, i.e. your fist is in his face while he is doing a force lift and i doesn't hit him. This game is broken when it comes to that guy. furious Too many glitches have occured while fighting him, he needs to have an extension of recovery frames if you block his moves not
all just a couple ( I'm talking tekken paul pheonix just threw a gut buster and I blocked it recovery time) or a reduction in damage.

First of all I got on this thread to say that I think kung laos frame trap needs to be removed, any frame trap is cheating and bs, the MK9 tier list should not be made with frame traps in mind, yes lao is powerful and is 1-3 in my opinon with out the trap.(btw idk if theyve fixed laos frame trap yet so if so oh well) The best way to beat Lao was always to stay away from him and bait the dive kick or teleport to punish. First he had 0 recovery punch links they fixed that now a cheap ass frame trap not to mention PL relyed heavily on it to win EVO. Lao players can talk all the crap they want about "oh you can avoid it by blocking in this position first blah blah" but if you dont have a breaker he could take close to 50% off with it before its broken.

Now on to Ermac, obviously you can tell he's my main, ever since umk3 people have been complaining hes overpowered, but the balance to ermac is if you block any special move hes very easily punished, in mk9 its the same thing. you have to play very safe against him you cant jump bc of the tk push or ermac can jump back with you and teleport punch the oponent out of the air and juggle with a tks for a combo. You cant pressure ermac on wake up bc of the wake up tks so Ermac can be frustrating but there is a way to beat him at east he dosnt have to rely on cheating to win.

ERMAC's grab should not do chip, somewhat to Sub's iceball and Smoke's smoke bomb. I would feel that would be more fair, but every special he has does chip.

Also, I was in KOTH and Scorpion's spear grabbed Noob Saibot out of the sky during a teleport and I mean like WAY up in the air. If you don't get it off in time, it shouldn't be able to pull you out of the sky and back to the ground. Also, speaking of Noob, his teleport is too vulnerable to projectiles. Again, knocking him out of the air while he is clearly past it.
CHAOTICxgood
08/27/2011 04:29 PM (UTC)
ooh i hope WB start to sell Mk9 on the Play station store and Xbox live
then i caan buy it from there, let me know what you guys thinksmiletongue
SmokingPaperXL
08/31/2011 04:31 PM (UTC)
Erase every character and start again from scratch
Shikamaru34
09/21/2011 04:06 AM (UTC)
does anybody think that Kano needs a patch for his cannonball
Infra-Dead
10/15/2011 01:38 AM (UTC)
Yes I do think so. Bring it down to 8%. 11% is WAY TOO FREAKIN MUCH! The Up Ball needs a small tweak too down to 9%.

Damage before re-scaling
Ball: 11%
Air Ball: 8%
Up Ball: 11%

Damage after re-scaling
Ball: 8%
Air Ball: unchanged
Up Ball: 9%

These adjustments would make him less cheap and a bit more balanced...
Esoteric
11/22/2011 05:06 AM (UTC)
OTHER IDEAS

Put a rematch option in the pause menu so you can just get on with the next fight and not have to wait for the win animation.

The DANGER icon. When your character is unable to take another hit, it should flash Danger on their energy bar, and the announcer shouuld sadisically laugh, letting you know your character can no longer BLK.

Put a double KO in the game to help take away some of the randomness.

Reworked practice mode (record CPU etc).

At least 1 more finisher added to the game. (Hari Kari's, Shows Respect (instead of Friendships), Shows Mercy).

Reworked button config. Able to change buttons during game to help with button checks and speeding up tournaments.

Online: Save replay mode, Reworked leader board (take points away when you lose). A 4 player online tag mode.

Add new characters to roster preferrably 67 characters never seen to MK.

Klassic stages. All of the stages from MK1 should be revamped especially the original Pit, original Pit Bottom, the Warrior Shrine (including 9 statues Goro, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Liu Kang, Sonya Blade, Cage, Kano, Raiden, and Shang Tsung at the center of the statues) in dedication to the original cast and Palace Gates.

MK9 is a solid game that deserves a UMK9 to help it continue to be great in tournaments.
b-don
About Me

Thanks to Minion for the Sig!

07/24/2012 10:08 AM (UTC)
SuperT26 Wrote:
funnylegz Wrote:
sektorhardmetal Wrote:

ERMAC's grab should not do chip, somewhat to Sub's iceball and Smoke's smoke bomb. I would feel that would be more fair, but every special he has does chip.

Also, I was in KOTH and Scorpion's spear grabbed Noob Saibot out of the sky during a teleport and I mean like WAY up in the air. If you don't get it off in time, it shouldn't be able to pull you out of the sky and back to the ground. Also, speaking of Noob, his teleport is too vulnerable to projectiles. Again, knocking him out of the air while he is clearly past it.

Yeah ermac's grab shoud'nt do chip damage.Also nice signature grin
trynax
About Me

717313=Rain Can Be Found In The Graveyard

03/04/2013 05:30 AM (UTC)
I would say release something to keep us interested in playing a game over and over.

Release patched / DLC to play as bosses with Fatalities, and to play as any character in the Challenge Tower you cannot play as in the game same goes for the alternate attires of some (example Cyber Reptile).

Give us the PS Vita version of characters too. Everyone would love to play as Tremor.

Add some new characters from other games we never got before. Bring back Quan Chi's assassins, all three of them. There was a rumored Nimbus Terrauffauxx fighter in the 1st game that was untrue but let's make him true.

This game has potential to expand if anyone has the heart to want to do so.

Give every fighter a classic finisher and classic attire. I wouldn't mind seeing Cage in his MK1 attire. These are ideas that could be great. Also try to get copyright permission to include Jason Voorhees then we can have a video game to where can decide the outcome of the movie and not Hollywood. want Freddy vs. Jason? MK could have it.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.