I am convinced that this game sucks !
posted05/19/2011 09:30 PM (UTC)by
ErmaSco
I thought that it will revive the series and all but it fails sooo hard. SF IV holds a mighty 93/94 on metacritic while this game holds 86/84 and it is the best the team can do. So , I give up on the series and you should too.

Just face it , SF will always dominate MK.
Icebaby
05/17/2011 07:38 PM (UTC)
sleep

travm013
05/17/2011 07:39 PM (UTC)
Cool story bro.
KuaiLiang
About Me

PSN: manu_erizo
05/17/2011 07:41 PM (UTC)
WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN
ErmaSco
05/17/2011 07:42 PM (UTC)
Can't hold the fact that SF is the better game and that Ono's team is much much better than Ed's team.
kabal-zero
About Me
There is no knowledge that is not power.

05/17/2011 07:44 PM (UTC)
Yeah, because 86/84 is such a terrible score.

/sarcasm
KuaiLiang
About Me

PSN: manu_erizo
05/17/2011 07:46 PM (UTC)
ErmaSco Wrote:
Can't hold the fact that SF is the better game and that Ono's team is much much better than Ed's team.

Why turn this into a stupid MK vs SF competition? I love MK for what it is, I don't compare it to other fighting games. I don't care if SF is more balanced or whatever, I love Mortal Kombat as a series and I couldn't care less about Street Fighter.

Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are very different games and cannot be compared in my opinion.
MKshizz
About Me

Thanks to MINION for the sig! My name is Ian, if you really care to know.

05/17/2011 07:47 PM (UTC)
I pooped.
Ha ha hah! What a story, Mark!
Also LOL @ Metacritic scores.
NS922
About Me
05/17/2011 07:57 PM (UTC)
MetaCritic shares the thoughts of everyone. Therefore, everyone thinks SF is better than MK. Thus, MK sucks.

GREAT LOGIC
ErmaSco
05/17/2011 07:59 PM (UTC)
instead of laughing at me a good advice would be really more appreciated. I am gonna go crazy. The games I love are always inferior to the ones played by the other guys around me.

I love Call of Juarez Bound in Blood more than CoD and it is rated 77 on metacritic.

ReptileFinally
Lol at SF being a good game.. anyways will someone close this?
daryui
About Me
The story and majority of the character design does indeed suck.
Legendary-Scorpion
05/17/2011 08:01 PM (UTC)
I am convinced your opinion is worthless and Street Fighter is bland.
Garlador
05/17/2011 08:02 PM (UTC)
This isn't Highlander. There doesn't have to be only ONE game in its genre and the rest suck.

I really like Resident Evil. I also like Silent Hill. That doesn't mean I want there to be only ONE type of horror game.

Mortal Kombat is NOT Street Fighter. I don't WANT it to look, feel, or play like Street Fighter. If I want to play Street Fighter, I'll just play Street Fighter.

I'm always baffled when people criticize a game because it's not like other games. Well, diversify your pallet. Mortal Kombat offers something Street Fighter doesn't, and vice versa.

Just like Silent Hill gives my the psychological horror I tend to crave and Resident Evil brand horror that I tend to delight in. Two different beasts of two different colors.
RubberChickenMan
05/17/2011 08:05 PM (UTC)
Ive been a capcom fanboy for a while. My favorite vg character of all time is dan hibiki.

But imho, mk9 is a more entertaining game than sf4. I played mvc3 and got bored in a few days. But I can play mk9 till the next mk game is released.

So in my opinion mk beats sf this generation.
RubberChickenMan
05/17/2011 08:06 PM (UTC)
Garlador Wrote:
This isn't Highlander. There doesn't have to be only ONE game in its genre and the rest suck.

I really like Resident Evil. I also like Silent Hill. That doesn't mean I want there to be only ONE type of horror game.

Mortal Kombat is NOT Street Fighter. I don't WANT it to look, feel, or play like Street Fighter. If I want to play Street Fighter, I'll just play Street Fighter.

I'm always baffled when people criticize a game because it's not like other games. Well, diversify your pallet. Mortal Kombat offers something Street Fighter doesn't, and vice versa.

Just like Silent Hill gives my the psychological horror I tend to crave and Resident Evil brand horror that I tend to delight in. Two different beasts of two different colors.

this
KlTANA
About Me

05/17/2011 08:07 PM (UTC)
After observing for the last 10 minutes, I'm convinced that the dumber the post...
The more MKO responses it will get, Sad really.

Oh well.
ErmaSco
05/17/2011 08:07 PM (UTC)
Garlador Wrote:

Yes you brought another issue. I love SH games more than any RE game and the problem is that SH-Homecoming is my favorite and it is the lowest rated game in the series.

Maybe my taste sucks ?

How can you deal with your classmates when they see nothing by Metacritic?
pdtMaverick82
About Me

I'm back and totally failed in getting the classic pit for DLC.

Shao Kahn, "Pathetic."

I know, I know/ I'm getting a PS4, deal with it Microsoft.

05/17/2011 08:11 PM (UTC)
travm013 Wrote:
Cool story bro.

cosigned^^^^^

I have super street fighter 4 and yes the mechanics are fantastic but so is the new MK's.

The new MK trumps SSF4 on sheer content alone. Add in a core fighting engine that WORKS and you have a superior product than that of SSF4. yes this is an opinion. as are your thoughts on SFs superiority over MK. Metacritic cannot turn an opinion into fact. that my friend is IMPOSSIBLE. Thats like me saying the color blue is better than the color red. GTFO bub.

SF fans are just shitting their pants right now becasue MK is the new tournament fighter on the block. and its getting great press. I mean MK was one of the sponsers of the recent Pacquiao vs Mosley ppv AND the recent GSP vs Shield ppv. I have never ever seen SF in anything like that. Street Fighter has a target on its chest and Mortal Kombat is holding a bazooka. BELIEVE IT!!!! SF is old news and MK is just hitting its stride. get ready SF fans because I have a feeling MK is only going to get better and better. Oh and our guy, Boon, is way classier than "whats his name". you know the SF guy, who has no respect.

MK fans are finally getting their day to shine. EAT IT SF fans!!! Does it taste good?

"Mmmmm yes, your tears sustain me"-stewie griffin
NS922
About Me
05/17/2011 08:12 PM (UTC)
ErmaSco Wrote:
Garlador Wrote:

Yes you brought another issue. I love SH games more than any RE game and the problem is that SH-Homecoming is my favorite and it is the lowest rated game in the series.

Maybe my taste sucks ?

One's opinionated liking of particular things cannot suck. By other's standards, it can. But who cares about what anyone else thinks? The only opinion that should matter to you is your own. Just because a game is rated lower than another on a particular website or magazine does not make it a lesser game overall. Ratings are not facts, only opinions. And I've seen lots of sites that have rated MK9 higher than SF4 anyway. What, is MetaCritic your master or something?
jagro
About Me

05/17/2011 08:16 PM (UTC)
86/84?
eh, it's not too bad then.
Reptyle83
05/17/2011 08:20 PM (UTC)
ErmaSco Wrote:
I thought that it will revive the series and all but it fails sooo hard. SF IV holds a mighty 93/94 on metacritic while this game holds 86/84 and it is the best the team can do. So , I give up on the series and you should too.

Just face it , SF will always dominate MK.

I understand how you feel. I don't think it was a good idea to attempt a retelling of MK1-MK3 and retcon aspects from it. I think what they should've done or should do in the near future is start from scratch with a whole new Mortal Kombat continuity of it's own. IMO that would probably redeem the franchise.

drpvfx
About Me

05/17/2011 08:20 PM (UTC)
Who fucking cares?

MK9 is *incredible*.
SSF4 and/or MvC3 being great doesn't change that.

I'm still playing Dissidia 012 more than any of the games mentioned-
this should have *way* more to do with what game you enjoy
than what number is attached to it.
ErmaSco
05/17/2011 08:21 PM (UTC)
NS922 Wrote:
ErmaSco Wrote:
Garlador Wrote:

Maybe my taste sucks ?

One's opinionated liking of particular things cannot suck. By other's standards, it can. But who cares about what anyone else thinks? The only opinion that should matter to you is your own. Just because a game is rated lower than another on a particular website or magazine does not make it a lesser game overall. Ratings are not facts, only opinions. And I've seen lots of sites that have rated MK9 higher than SF4 anyway. What, is MetaCritic your master or something?

No but whenever on the internet or in the school I talk about MK/SH , I am always faced with the others saying that SF/RE are the superior games and Metacritic is always brought up.

Opinions are opinions and all but we can't really deny Metacritic's influence on the games today. I have seen polls on generic forums that I attend and they had positive reaction for MK.

Then again Metacritic is even being mentioned in the official press releases by the companies.

Wanna see how Metacritic is bad , this review was included and it took down the score from 86 to 84 for the ps3 version
http://www.gamestm.co.uk/reviews/mortal-kombat-review/

Pages: 6
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.