NephetsScorp
06/14/2011 05:01 PM (UTC)
I cant use my fucking classic skins that I bought online WHAT THE FUCK. This is the worst patch fucking ever!

I can't seem to do Reptiles force ball combo anymore without smashing the fucking controller fuck this patch!
KlTANA
About Me

06/14/2011 05:18 PM (UTC)
" Slightly improved Online " That just sounds shady. Haven't got the patch on XBOX yet, Pretty scary stuff.

ironman357thegod Wrote:

I completely agree, i just got AE (add me if you have psn), but the problem is really simple...FUCK ONLINE, just wait for it to get fixed, dont trash the best fighter to date.grin

I'm on XBOX Iron. I still got my MK, Just waiting ( Indefinitely it seems ).

But, At least I know, You know how I felt when I got Online in SFAE. And, Not trashing MK, Just it's Online... Which I wouldn't care about if I didn't enjoy the game.
skein
About Me
06/14/2011 06:32 PM (UTC)
can please somebody tell me how do you install the patch?

I have a PAL game for the PS3.

Or is it not out for this specific region/console?
Vega187
06/14/2011 06:41 PM (UTC)
we still dont have it in EU, NRS is already hyping the next dlc, and we still aint got the first DLC or the patch yet
KlTANA
About Me

06/14/2011 06:56 PM (UTC)
Vega187 Wrote:
we still dont have it in EU, NRS is already hyping the next dlc, and we still aint got the first DLC or the patch yet

From Twitter....

MK_MortalKombat Mortal Kombat
The Klassic skins are coming to EU PSN.
HyperDrive
About Me

Characters mastered: Kitana, Mileena, Reptile, Ermac, Jade, Cyrax, Liu Kang, Kabal, Smoke, Nightwolf, Kano, Jax, Sektor, Sheeva, Baraka, Scorpion, Stryker, Sindel, Sonya Blade, Cyber Sub Zero.

06/14/2011 07:07 PM (UTC)
Has Xbox recieved the patch already? I don't think so because I haven't been asked to download anything. Thing is right now the online is really smooth, ranked matches are really easy to get into and 8 out of 10 matches were lag free. Up until today the online was unplayable and from what I've been reading so far, seems it will all end the moment the patch goes Live and we're asked to download it in order to play online.
TheDarkPassenger
06/14/2011 10:08 PM (UTC)
Nephrite Wrote:
TheDarkPassenger Wrote:
Just as Capcom is praising MK for its story mode, and saying that they would like to do something similar in future games...

Really? Do you have the link to the source, I'd love to read that article.

Certainly:

Link to Ono Interview

It's mentioned in the third paragraph.

@ironman357thegod:

I'm with you--I've been avoiding online, but I'm only upset because I absolutely love this game. For this reason, it upsets me that I can only enjoy local matches at the moment. MK has come such a long way...I'm happy for NRS, I'm more happy for MK fans, but at the same time I want it to get better.

I trash only MKs online--the rest of the game is brilliant. smile
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
06/14/2011 11:20 PM (UTC)
have not read all 5 pages. Kind of at my computer on a whim here. But.

Sektor's once 50% only does 49% now. So something has been scaled just a touch.
TheDarkPassenger
06/14/2011 11:31 PM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:
have not read all 5 pages. Kind of at my computer on a whim here. But.

Sektor's once 50% only does 49% now. So something has been scaled just a touch.

Interesting--I tested his:

1,2,B+1~F+4,4 xx Teleport~B+2,1

as well as:

1,2,B+1~F+4,4 xx Teleport, JK, ES Teleport~B+2,1

Their damage remained the same. Can you post the inputs for your 50%? Jax also experienced a 1% reduction in some of his combos--not sure if these are intentional damage tweaks, or the result of fiddling with damage scaling in some other way.
Nephrite
06/15/2011 12:28 AM (UTC)
TheDarkPassenger Wrote:
Certainly:
Link to Ono Interview
It's mentioned in the third paragraph.

Thank you sir. I think this is the first time I read something positive from him about MK. Though, I have to stress out I haven't read many articles or seen many interviews with Ono. This was a nice surprise though. glasses
PenguinIceNinja
06/15/2011 01:22 AM (UTC)
Has anyone written to Warner brothers or nrs about the desynch issues online?
Nephrite
06/15/2011 10:36 AM (UTC)
PenguinIceNinja Wrote:

I read somewhere that the issue comes up because not everyone downloaded the latest patch, once they do all the 1.02 issues should go away.
Wulfgart
About Me

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

06/15/2011 10:40 AM (UTC)
Any mention of the patch coming to XBox? Or "soon" as in XBox demo soon?
PenguinIceNinja
06/15/2011 11:39 AM (UTC)
Nephrite Wrote:
PenguinIceNinja Wrote:

I read somewhere that the issue comes up because not everyone downloaded the latest patch, once they do all the 1.02 issues should go away.

Then it should be a forced download to play online. That's silly.
HyperDrive
About Me

Characters mastered: Kitana, Mileena, Reptile, Ermac, Jade, Cyrax, Liu Kang, Kabal, Smoke, Nightwolf, Kano, Jax, Sektor, Sheeva, Baraka, Scorpion, Stryker, Sindel, Sonya Blade, Cyber Sub Zero.

06/15/2011 04:26 PM (UTC)
PenguinIceNinja Wrote:
Nephrite Wrote:
PenguinIceNinja Wrote:

Then it should be a forced download to play online. That's silly.

That's weird. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? Well that's how it is on Xbox, if you don't download it you get signed off of Live. Is that it any different for PSN users?
smokeman14
06/15/2011 04:30 PM (UTC)
Do people have their klassic kostumes back? Because I refuse to download it if not.
evildevil
06/15/2011 11:21 PM (UTC)
I want to be able to play online. I still get ethernet errors, when I never previously did. And now the damn game keeps freezing at the title screen.
Grimm
About Me

06/16/2011 04:00 AM (UTC)
Is anyone else not able to install the patch? Trying to install it keeps making my PS3 restart on me. Not sure if I'm the only one.
Nephrite
06/16/2011 11:58 AM (UTC)
Grimm Wrote:
Is anyone else not able to install the patch? Trying to install it keeps making my PS3 restart on me. Not sure if I'm the only one.

This is what ironman357thegod posted earlier regarding that problem:
log off psn, then go on mk (cancel the update screen), then in the menu goto online, sign in and download

it should work

::: --- ::: --- ::: --- ::: --- ::: --- :::

Further patch notes, taken from TestYourMight:

Kung Lao spin has 6 more negative frames on block and he cannot do any more then 2 dive kicks in corner combos. Also, his hat loop has been removed.

Sindel infinite removed and she can link scream after her standing FK (*but it seems like it's possible only after a pop-up).

Ermac can no longer follow his BP, BP with TK slam (I think this was already posted earlier, but just in case).

Reptile dash has more recovery on block and his enh. acid ball goes through projectiles.

Johnny Cage enh. shadow kick has armor.

Jade enh. staff overhead and enh. shadow kick have armor.

Nightwolf enh. shoulder has armor and his throw is no longer punishable by a wake up attack.

Cyrax command grab now has a 10 frame window to break and can be broken with FP or BP. Also, his bomb trap and damage reset have been removed.

Smoke's OTG Smoke bomb removed (posted earlier as well).

Sonya can no longer immediately cancel out of military stance with a dash cancel.

Jax enh. dash punch goes farther and has armor and he can cancel his ground pound with f, f or b, b inputs.

Stryker can no longer be punished by a wake up attack after his X-ray hits the opponent.

11 frame tracking window on Shang Tsung's close ground skull removed.

Kabal's block infinite removed.

Raiden's b+FK, FP, BP is now negative on block and he now falls slower after wiffed air superman allowing for an easier punish.

Quan Chi's trance reset removed and he can no longer skeletal boost after a trance trades with an attack. Also, Quan Chi is at less advantage after sky drop hits and he can now move after trance hits.

Issue with characters getting punished by a wake up attack after a ground breaker has been fixed.

Jade got buffed up, unseen where are you? Show yourself! lol
evildevil
06/16/2011 08:40 PM (UTC)
The patch makes it impossible to play the game. Locks up at the start, unless I dont keep the patch. Then, I cant use DLC or play online. This is really angering me.
razorback32
06/17/2011 12:43 AM (UTC)
Is there another patch in the works to fix the online? The new patch helped with the overall lag for me. However, I can't connect to anyone sometimes.
1213chenke
06/17/2011 01:43 AM (UTC)
Nephrite Wrote:
Grimm Wrote:

This is what ironman357thegod posted earlier regarding that problem:
log off psn, then go on mk (cancel the update screen), then in the menu goto online, sign in and download

it should work

Further patch notes, taken from TestYourMight:

Kung Lao spin has 6 more negative frames on block and he cannot do any more then 2 dive kicks in corner combos. Also, his hat loop has been removed.

Sindel infinite removed and she can link scream after her standing FK (*but it seems like it's possible only after a pop-up).

Ermac can no longer follow his BP, BP with TK slam (I think this was already posted earlier, but just in case).

Reptile dash has more recovery on block and his enh. acid ball goes through projectiles.

Johnny Cage enh. shadow kick has armor.

Nightwolf enh. shoulder has armor and his throw is no longer punishable by a wake up attack.

Cyrax command grab now has a 10 frame window to break and can be broken with FP or BP. Also, his bomb trap and damage reset have been removed.

Smoke's OTG Smoke bomb removed (posted earlier as well).

Sonya can no longer immediately cancel out of military stance with a dash cancel.

Jax enh. dash punch goes farther and has armor and he can cancel his ground pound with f, f or b, b inputs.

Stryker can no longer be punished by a wake up attack after his X-ray hits the opponent.

11 frame tracking window on Shang Tsung's close ground skull removed.

Kabal's block infinite removed.

Raiden's b+FK, FP, BP is now negative on block and he now falls slower after wiffed air superman allowing for an easier punish.

Quan Chi's trance reset removed and he can no longer skeletal boost after a trance trades with an attack. Also, Quan Chi is at less advantage after sky drop hits and he can now move after trance hits.

Issue with characters getting punished by a wake up attack after a ground breaker has been fixed.

Jade got buffed up?Is that ture? I'm a Xbox360 player and didnt get the patch yet.Nerfing Jade in last hotfix patch is a totlely stupid decision which drived me anger.Jade is a low tier character. Her high damage combos are hard to manipulate,severely puishable and useless in match.
I had seen some other people said that Jade had been nerfed once again at 1.02 in this thread.I was confused that whether Jade got buffer or not.Could some people tell me the truth?.Jade is my favorite glasses
Nephrite
06/17/2011 11:51 AM (UTC)
^ Well, according to those patch notes she got buffed.

Also, I read that they are working on fixing all the de-sync problems in online matches.
unseenwombat
06/17/2011 12:50 PM (UTC)
Nephrite Wrote:

WOOT! Yay, she needed that!

I'm gonna have to start waking up with ex staff overhead. I just wish they'd give her some options that didn't burn meter, such as make her regular staff overhead animate as fast as the EX. As it is, it's WAYYYY too easy to block on reaction. And they can't say it's because it juggles and that would be too overpowered. Look at Kung Lao's spin, or Mileenas U+4, or Ermac's teleslam.

Poor Jade needs MOAR BUFFING NRS.

I'm glad we got this at least though.
Nephrite
06/17/2011 03:09 PM (UTC)
I just hope they stop with all the tweaking now after this patch and hotfix so that everything settles down a bit and we'll see how it goes.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.