Retro Cyborg Costume Renders
posted06/16/2011 10:09 PM (UTC)by
daryui
About Me

Badass!

I love these more than their in-game costumes.
smokeman14
06/14/2011 05:38 PM (UTC)
daryui Wrote:

Can someone photoshop one of these to purple for me?

How about blue? grin
Ninja_Mime
06/14/2011 05:40 PM (UTC)
This should probably have gone in the Fan Sub forum, but...

I didn't know if you meant Rain purple or Smoke purple, so:

queve
06/14/2011 05:41 PM (UTC)
They look awesome.

A fun nostalgic addition (I still prefer their brilliant updated looks, of course).

Now, bring on classic costumes and Fatalities for the "non-ninja" pallet swap characters!
smokeman14
06/14/2011 05:43 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:

I didn't know if you meant Rain purple or Smoke purple, so:

Ok seriously make one in blue I think it would look pretty sick.
Ninja_Mime
06/14/2011 05:44 PM (UTC)
I really don't think they look good at all, this coming from a Cyrax fan. They look worse than the last generation cyborgs did, and it doesn't feel like a step up from even MK Gold. I would have preferred the MKDA/MKA costumes.

At least they're free.
daryui
About Me
06/14/2011 05:45 PM (UTC)

I really like these. I am not too fond of the cyborgs' new looks.
Ninja_Mime Wrote:

Thank you! smile
smokeman14
06/14/2011 05:49 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
I really don't think they look good at all, this coming from a Cyrax fan. They look worse than the last generation cyborgs did, and it doesn't feel like a step up from even MK Gold. I would have preferred the MKDA/MKA costumes.

At least they're free.

I don't think that hte klassics look all that great either but I want the FULL game. Klassics make all the more sweeter.And I think it's interesting to see their klassic kostumes do their initial fatalitys and regular kostumes to their klassic fatalitys.
smokeman14
06/14/2011 06:07 PM (UTC)
Hey Ninja_Mime

Can you make one of those Klassic cyborg kostumes in blue? I'd really appreciate it.
Ninja_Mime
06/14/2011 06:11 PM (UTC)
smokeman14
06/14/2011 06:13 PM (UTC)
Thanks, it looks pretty cool. Even though it's just a palette swap petty much.
Thrawn
06/14/2011 06:39 PM (UTC)
I love these. I think I'd prefer the mka/mkda costumes, but these are the next best thing.

I'll probably use the default mk 2011 Cyrax, but the klassic render will definitely be my default Sektor.

I hate cyber Smoke as a character (prefer the human version), but I'd love this costume for him in both purple and grey. The klassic cyber costumes don't look like robots. They look like a guy in an advanced combat suit, just like Boba Fett. I'd probably use it more for Smoke than the ones in the game right now, ironically.
Cyrax2011
06/14/2011 07:05 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:

At least they're free.

They are FREE? FUCK YES!
Sparta*
06/14/2011 07:11 PM (UTC)
they look amazing, way better then their new costumes IMO
Disco_Diva
06/14/2011 07:26 PM (UTC)
Technically, if y'all want Robo-Smoke, should he be like Periwinkle or Indigo?
jagro
About Me

06/14/2011 07:29 PM (UTC)
eh, whatever. nice addition for the nostalgia-lovers. but these are NOTHING on their mk9 looks.
daryui
About Me
06/14/2011 07:33 PM (UTC)
jagro Wrote:
eh, whatever. nice addition for the nostalgia-lovers. but these are NOTHING on their mk9 looks.

I dislike their new looks.

Their helmets are oddly shaped and the armor itself seems too bulky, especially Sektor. I prefer the MKA looks, but the klassics are pretty sweet.
unseenwombat
06/14/2011 08:08 PM (UTC)
The only thing I like about Sektor or Cyrax is their MK1 costumes.

I know I'm pretty much alone, but f*** this power ranger robot ninja kiddie crap.
Nephrite
06/14/2011 08:10 PM (UTC)
Not bad, will get it, it's free after all. Hopefully it's glitch-free as well.

I prefer their MK9 looks, both Sektor and Cyrax look awesome in the new game, imo they look better than ever. Loved their MKDA-MKA cyborg looks as well.
smokeman14
06/14/2011 08:14 PM (UTC)
unseenwombat Wrote:

I know I'm pretty much alone, but f*** this power ranger robot ninja kiddie crap.

You got problems.

It's not like they had no choice back when they made MK3. Plastic plates and that helmet was the best they could do in....1995 I think.

I hope they say Ketchup and Mustard in the life bars.
unseenwombat
06/14/2011 08:21 PM (UTC)
smokeman14 Wrote:
unseenwombat Wrote:

You got problems.

It's not like they had no choice back when they made MK3. Plastic plates and that helmet was the best they could do in....1995 I think.

It's not the cheapness of the costumes that I'm so vehemently against, though that's retarded too. It's the concept of ROBOT F***ING NINJAS that is my problem. WTF happened to the MK team between 2 and 3 that turned MK from an awesome, spooky story about a mystical martial arts tournament that holds the fate of the world in the balance to a damn hokey, silly game for 10 year olds to giggle themselves to sleep over?

But like I said, I know I'm alone. So I don't expect any of you to agree with or even understand me.
jagro
About Me

06/14/2011 08:23 PM (UTC)
unseenwombat Wrote:
smokeman14 Wrote:
unseenwombat Wrote:

You got problems.

It's not the cheapness of the costumes that I'm so vehemently against, though that's retarded too. It's the concept of ROBOT F***ING NINJAS that is my problem. WTF happened to the MK team between 2 and 3 that turned MK from an awesome, spooky story about a mystical martial arts tournament that holds the fate of the world in the balance to a damn hokey, silly game for 10 year olds to giggle themselves to sleep over?

But like I said, I know I'm alone. So I don't expect any of you to agree with or even understand me.

...but they look/play awesome NOW right?
RedSumac
06/14/2011 08:25 PM (UTC)
They look a bit funny I must say.
At least on the render armor looks like it was made form resin and they helmets are oddly elongated. But it maybe their poses on the render.
Overall I glad that NRS go so far as to make retrocostumes for the cyborgs.

Though I am a bit baffled by absence of the retrocostume for the Cyber Sub-Zero. I mean they gave one for Ermac and he never-ever was in MK1 to begin with. But I think it will be realeased later.
MortalMachado
06/14/2011 08:26 PM (UTC)
Sweet stuff. I kinda like their new costumes better thou. Plus it's free! grin
smokeman14
06/14/2011 08:26 PM (UTC)
unseenwombat Wrote:
smokeman14 Wrote:
unseenwombat Wrote:

You got problems.

Well I don't know what 10 year olds were like back in the 90's but when I was 10 I was playing shit like The Punisher.

And I think it's because of hte popularity of MK at the time. Every kid went to the arcade to either play Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat.
But I don't think that kids of that kind of pussy level would be playing an MK game.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.