Instead of Toasty! we got TOASTY BOOST, replenishes full bar
posted08/06/2011 07:49 PM (UTC)by
$unknown
I looked online and all I could find was Toasty Bonus appears when you place an attack after an uppercut while Fordan yells "Toasty". http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3910-Mortal-Kombat-9-System-Guide

However this is not how it occurred when I was playing my friend yesterday.

It was a tag team match and she was Kabal and I was Stryker. My partner was knocked out and then I was sent in and caught in a juggle. I was hitting buttons trying to get free but i was being juggled. Then all of a sudden a flaming text came over my meter (it was empty when I came in) that said "TOASTY BOOST" (I think i hit the XRAY buttons at a point of my button mashing)

It filled up my bar entirely (not my opponent who according to Tom Brady should have gotten it) The strange thing was since it was a combo....no uppercuts that i recall were ever involved.

We just stopped the fighting and gawked at what just happened since we have never seen it before. It was funny.

Anyone experience this and know how to replicate it?
FatalityLives
About Me

Sig Cred: UNdiscovered

07/13/2011 07:50 PM (UTC)
I haven't experienced this but it sounds quite interesting, I wouldn't have a cluje how to do it but regardless, it's very cool.
mkwhopper
07/13/2011 07:55 PM (UTC)
This sounds interesting
Ultimachu
About Me
Twitter | DeviantArt | YouTube
"When you base your expectations only on what you see, you blind yourself to the possibilities of a new reality."
07/13/2011 08:11 PM (UTC)
TRi4L_N_3ЯЯ0R Wrote:
I looked online and all I could find was Toasty Bonus appears when you place an attack after an uppercut while Fordan yells "Toasty". http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3910-Mortal-Kombat-9-System-Guide

It was a tag team match and she was Kabal and I was Stryker. My partner was knocked out and then I was sent in and caught in a juggle. I was hitting buttons trying to get free but i was being juggled. Then all of a sudden a flaming text came over my meter (it was empty when I came in) that said "TOASTY BOOST" (I think i hit the XRAY buttons at a point of my button mashing)

It filled up my bar entirely (not my opponent who according to Tom Brady should have gotten it) The strange thing was since it was a combo....no uppercuts that i recall were ever involved.

We just stopped the fighting and gawked at what just happened since we have never seen it before. It was funny.

I remember seeing this same exact post before and I call bullsh*t. I remember seeing this because I almost thought that I was reading the same exact topic which was posted months ago, a little after the game had been released.

I think if there was a such thing as "TOASTY BOOST" or "TOASTY BONUS" we would have known by now. There would also be some kind of visual proof of this. I've checked YouTube and other places to find visual proof and I have found nothing. I myself, nor has anyone but you apparently, have experienced this.

Why would there even be a such thing as toasty boost? That sounds like the PERFECT way to be able to spam enhanced moves or x-ray's if someone were able to find a way to keep getting "toasty boost". Not only that, but NRS would have *probably* mentioned this before the game came out and they haven't. There is no such thing as toasty boost, so please stop posting this nonsense.
$unknown
07/13/2011 08:50 PM (UTC)
Well if you know who TOM BRADY is ( http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3910-Mortal-Kombat-9-System-Guide ) I don't see one of the most popular players in the MK world would lie about its existence.

I don't blame you either for not believing me because i have played over a thousand matches, tag and single and this is the FIRST time I have ever witnessed it.

It DOES exist, but it just doesnt seem common enough for people to talk about it.

But it is there and trust one day you may witness it and say...WTF WAS THAT!?

That was my expression. :)

If it is rare to have Toasty guy pop up then imagine how much harder it is to see Toasty Boost come up! (No he doesnt say "Boost" he still says Toasty)

I also read the same thread and everyone insulted and did not believe him. It is here. http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=132870

and that was on the DEMO.
Unknown265
07/13/2011 08:57 PM (UTC)
Ultimachu Wrote:
TRi4L_N_3ЯЯ0R Wrote:

I remember seeing this same exact post before and I call bullsh*t. I remember seeing this because I almost thought that I was reading the same exact topic which was posted months ago, a little after the game had been released.

I think if there was a such thing as "TOASTY BOOST" or "TOASTY BONUS" we would have known by now. There would also be some kind of visual proof of this. I've checked YouTube and other places to find visual proof and I have found nothing. I myself, nor has anyone but you apparently, have experienced this.

Why would there even be a such thing as toasty boost? That sounds like the PERFECT way to be able to spam enhanced moves or x-ray's if someone were able to find a way to keep getting "toasty boost". Not only that, but NRS would have *probably* mentioned this before the game came out and they haven't. There is no such thing as toasty boost, so please stop posting this nonsense.

Maybe it is a rare thing that can't be replicated very easily? I would take this a grain of salt, we all know there are hidden secrets in MK, like the hidden fight with Smoke in MKII, or the hidden fight with Khameleon in MKT for the N64. But fake secrets have come too, like Nimbus Terrafaux or Ermac in MK1.

I would take this with a grain o' salt and move along, and see if anymore stuff about the "Toasty Bonus" comes out in a couple months from now.
$unknown
07/13/2011 09:04 PM (UTC)
Times like these I knew I should have bought a capture card.

But if anything just take it that you have heard of it, don't reject the idea because it is there. And I know I can't do much to prove it now.

Hopefully someday someone will have their capture card recording and catch this moment.
Ultimachu
About Me
"When you base your expectations only on what you see, you blind yourself to the possibilities of a new reality."
07/13/2011 09:39 PM (UTC)
Okay, I'm going to apologize for my previous post, it just seemed very unlikely that such a thing exist when it seems that no one has had ANY proof of this. I've looked into it just a few moments ago and it does seem that this has apparently happened to other people.

Like I've said before though, I'm not going to full believe this until it either (A) happens to me (B) I fight someone online and it happens to them (C) someone provides proof. I understand that there are secrets in ALL MK games, I just find it weird that NO ONE has proof that it actually exist.

Just like Scarlet and Ermac. People CLAIMED to have fought and see them in the earlier games when in fact, they didn't really exist (except Scarlet, but that was purely accidental).

Anyway, I'm interested to see exactly what you have to do to get this "Toasty boost". I'm also hoping that if a method is found that it can't be repeatedly used while in a fight.

I have a capture card so if I do happen to stumble across a method to do this and it works, I'll post it on YouTube. Until then, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.
stinky_thc_cloud
07/13/2011 09:46 PM (UTC)
Your sig is great lol
Ultimachu
About Me
07/13/2011 10:05 PM (UTC)
stinky_thc_cloud Wrote:
Your sig is great lol

Thanks, lol xD.
ICEgrenade
07/13/2011 10:19 PM (UTC)
Ultimachu Wrote:
stinky_thc_cloud Wrote:
Your sig is great lol

Thanks, lol xD.

I agree! i hope you make more of your artwork! i have a few lame ideas lol

ANYWAYS i believe you, toasty boost is COMPLETELY possible

anyone remember Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks?

there was a survival/endurance mode that wasn't discovered until MONTHS (almost 6 if i remember correctly) later by two gamers

Thats what i read anyways..
DarthShagus
About Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~IT HAS BEGUN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

07/14/2011 03:48 AM (UTC)
sup guys just saw the topic and wanted to say that i am the original poster of Toasty Boost from the demo....and now i have played the game for months non stop and still have not seen another Toasty Boost since the demo. Now this is sum rare shit goin down but sum1 is gonna figure it one day.grinfurious</div">
Ultimachu
About Me
07/14/2011 05:15 AM (UTC)
If Toasty Boost is from the demo then its very likely that they have removed it from the game considering no one has seen it since.
jack4813
07/14/2011 05:23 AM (UTC)
ICEgrenade Wrote:Ultimachu Wrote:stinky_thc_cloud Wrote: Your sig is great lol
Thanks, lol xD.

I agree! i hope you make more of your artwork! i have a few lame ideas lol

ANYWAYS i believe you, toasty boost is COMPLETELY possible

anyone remember Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks?

there was a survival/endurance mode that wasnt discovered until MONTHS (almost 6 if i remember correctly) later by two gamers

Thats what i read anyways..

If I remember back to my lurker days correctly, the gamers were members of MKO.
$unknown
07/14/2011 01:26 PM (UTC)
I woke up today and connected the dots from Brady's explanation of how Toasty Boost works.

Here is the official explanation " "TOASTY!! BOOST!!" - when dan forden pops up and says "TOASTY!!" you are awarded a full meter bonus should you land an attack."

Here is how the game had turned out, my partner was knocked out by My opponents' uppercut. If you play tag enough, you know that when you knock out an opponent, they fly off the screen almost immediately and their partner comes in BEFORE you can recover to defend or attack yourself, so they may get the first hit DEPENDING on the finishing attack you had used.

She knocked him out with an Uppercut, Dan Forden appears yelling toasty and my Stryker now is in IMMEDIATELY after the ko and lands a single quick punch while toasty guy is still on screen.

Then i mess up and she grabs me in a juggle and while i think i was smashing buttons, dan forden was disappearing and i got toasty boost from which i thought was acquired by my button mashing and hitting the xray button at the right moment.

Replicating this is hard because toasty appears by chance, which is already low. Also the uppercut delay is cancels upon KO so that either person could attack immediately. (Very important otherwise it would be nearly impossible bc of updates, Which makes me wonder of Rains trailer where he is able to hit after uppercut)

THIS is how it must be done, i am sure of it!
Thatoneguy
07/14/2011 02:08 PM (UTC)
That sounds......odd?
FatalityLives
About Me

Sig Cred: UNdiscovered

07/15/2011 12:48 AM (UTC)
I just got a Toasty Boost which fully replenished my X-Ray bar moments after I'd just used one. I was Kung Lao and Jade against Scorpion and Ermac, it was online and Dan Forden popped up and said Toasty and then Toasty Boost appeared over my power meter and filled it back up.
We were using Kombat Kode 010 010 Throws Encouraged) and I think that might be what trigggered it because all of this happened after I did Kung Lao's throw and Kahn's voice said "Outstanding Throw" so thats probably why it happened for me.
$unknown
08/04/2011 05:14 PM (UTC)
BEHOLD
I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE FORESTS OF DESPAIR
THE CAVES OF MANIACAL SHAME
REACHED OUT TO NONBELIEVERS
MY OWN ATTEMPTS OF RECREATION HAVE FAILED
BUT SOMEONE
got it. :)
Look at the 46 second mark for the TOASTY BOOST.
Now can we work together to figure this out or something? hahah
It is still a mystery to me!
KuaiLiang
About Me

PSN: manu_erizo
08/04/2011 05:42 PM (UTC)
Damn that's odd.
mkwhopper
08/04/2011 05:45 PM (UTC)
I have never seen that before
mkdfan
About Me
08/04/2011 05:59 PM (UTC)
Ooo that's weird.
I'm guessin its random.confused
Jerrod
About Me
MKO Moderator, Story Writer, Actor
Signature by Pred
08/04/2011 06:12 PM (UTC)
We don't allow embedding of videos on MKO, mostly because it messes with the layout and stuff.
In any case, awesome find! I was kind of hoping it was real, and now you guys can try to figure out how to do it. grin
If I had a guess, though, I'd say it's directly related to the uppercut and getting Dan Forden to pop out. Maybe it's random beyond that?
$unknown
08/04/2011 06:20 PM (UTC)
Oops, didn't know about that. Thanks for linking it appropriately for me though!

The supposed method is to hit them again after Dan Forden pops out which is tough to do. But here it seems there is still a small time frame that it can work after he leaves since it happened when he was off screen unless thats how it goes. Once he is off screen then the text will pop out, never together.

There are so many rumors ranging from that each character has their own special input to it being always certain buttons to it just possibly be by chance.

Here it shows the aggressor getting it. But I can assure you that is not always the case, especially in mine where i got it while my character was being comboed. I think they uppercutted my partner out of the match and when i came in (Same time Dan Forden did) i must have done a quick poke then suffered her retaliation but since i was the first to hit i ended up getting it.

It is just SO DIFFICULT to replicate! Especially when you don't even know what you did in the first place!
IamTheS
08/04/2011 07:43 PM (UTC)
Wow, I would have banked on this being B.S. I don't know or care who Tom Brady is (only other time I heard the name was someone mentioned a Youtube video about him saying how terrible the game is) so that didn't help. But you've got evidence and that's all I need. Hats off.
$unknown
08/04/2011 09:45 PM (UTC)
FatalityLives Wrote:
and I think that might be what trigggered it because all of this happened after I did Kung Lao's throw and Kahn's voice said "Outstanding Throw" so thats probably why it happened for me.

I actually believe you on this since it has happened to me but i dont recall it saying "outstanding throw" just "outstanding" Maybe I wasn't listening but it had happen when the opponent was blocking in a corner and my buddy grabbed him. Or the other way around. Point is, someone blocked and the other grabbed.

But there was nothing special about it, at least i didn't notice anything different. Nothing special happened afterward either. He must have low standards. If no one believes me on this I hardly care because it just wasn't that special.

So i dunno what that one was about, it was cool but pointless. Lol
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.