MK and Freddy - AKA Freddy Got Fingered
posted08/05/2011 07:37 AM (UTC)by
Garlador
Throughout MK history, a unified voice has spoken out, clamoring for a horror movie icon to tear through the fabric of reality and cross over into the realm of Mortal Kombat to wage war against its warriors, culminating in a glorious gory collision of the cosmos that would shake the very foundation of the heavens.

We waited. For days. For weeks. For years. For decades.

And, after all this time, the truth has been unleashed and this mysterious horror movie icon's status made known:

Ash from Evil Dead and his mighty chin of justice still isn't in Mortal Kombat.

So instead, let's talk about this guy:

No, no, that was Robert Englund's Freddy. We're getting THIS guy:

There we go.

Anyway, for those new to Freddy Krueger, he can best be described as the equivalent of a Taco Bell special: burned meat, bad taste, and it'll keep you up at night with the runs, only Freddy's runs are blood.

(though depending on your location, blood may be involved at Taco Bell too)

For more details, little Freddy began his existence as one of the sperm from the loins of one of many maniacs that sexually raped his nun mother in prison.

Freddy then grew up to be a twisted little boy and ultimately a twisted little man that happened to like burning things, playing with scissors, licking batteries, and being forced to wear terrible Christmas sweaters from his aunt Flo.

(And thus the seeds of evil were planted)

As an adult, he eventually decided that poisoning the neighbor's cat and stuffing firecracker's up frog's bums wasn't "groovy" enough anymore (and, to be fair, it was the 70's), so he decided to do what any son of the Catholic faith with a Catholic mother would do.

He started molesting children.

In a shocking twist nobody saw coming, he was caught and arrested. In a not so shocking twist, due to how terrible our judicial system is, he was cleared on a technicality (apparently the "Chewbacca" defense was used).

Naturally, the parents of the molested children lamented this decision, but peacefully agreed with the court's rulings and came to forgive Freddy for his deeds...

... Nah, who the hell am I kidding? They burned that f***er to the ground.

But the ghost of this child molester lived on at Elm Street, where years later he had resurrected himself as a demon phantom of the dream world to terrorize and murder the new children of the parents that had burned him so... um... fairly and justly.

So, donning his trade-mark one-glove, the child molester returned from his hair-igniting experience to kill again!

(wrong one-gloved, fire-surviving child molester. My bad.)

Thus the legend of Freddy Krueger began as he butchered helpless teenages in their beds. And... well, that kept him pretty busy for the next 30 years and loads of movies before everyone just stopped giving a crap.

Mainly because Freddy tended to lose in every single one of his movies and it was often losses to young, small teenage girls (when's the last time Pinhead lost a battle against little Suzie?)

That is until the inevitable gritty reboot not too long ago, because if Batman could do it, every film MUST get a gritty reboot.

(Elm Street's reboot got nuthin' on Seasame Street's reboot)

And thus, in a glorious attempt to shill out one of their properties into one of their new money-making milk machines, MK fans everywhere now are afforded the opportunity to play as a child-murdering pedophile with a penchant for groan-worthy one-liners:

(he was dethroned as king of the puns around 1998...)

And thus, this summary concluded, what are my thoughts on the matter?

Am I giddy with joy? Am I fuming with rage? Shall I bow before my NRS lords and masters and worship their feet with my unworthy tongue? Shall I declare unholy vengeance upon them and their families for tainting the once pure and noble MK?

Disappointingly, just apathy. A rather complete indifference. I won't download him, because, like a fool, I wanted more MK characters in the MK game I bought. What a novel concept, I know.

But NRS is spared my rage, because I honestly just couldn't muster any more interest. And I'm sure he'll sell well and that means more DLC, right? (right? RIGHT?!!!)

There is only one man I have vowed unholy vengeance upon, and NRS is spared this fanboy's eternal wrath.

(Oh, your day is coming, Michael Bay. Mark my words...)

Part of this is simply because, as opposed to Kratos (who has existed for less years than a toddler makes it through grade school), Freddy's got a legacy (a bad one, but one nonetheless), and also because real fans know that Freddy himself would have wanted this, being the avid gamer that he was.

(Now you're playing with power!)

And lastly, I'm not going to bitch and moan because 1) I already did that for Kratos, which stripped me of my will to argue further (like every argument with my girlfriend, ever), and 2) this is a done deal, and an inevitability. It would be like complaining that it was going to rain on Saturday and whining about the rain for a few weeks (or as many fans did, just whine about Rain on MKO instead).

But I still think it's a missed opportunity to cater to the MK fans. Besides, if I wanted to abuse, punch, and squish Freddy to a pulp, I have cheaper alternatives.

But, oh well. It's done. Bring on Freddy, and the inevitable Jason (I would bet my dog and my daughter's first born adopted Chinese daughter he's coming).

(Kabal is not amused by Freddy's rendition of David Bowie's "Magic Dance")
xXmyxxmastaXx
About Me

retro smoke= purple Klassic cyrax easy money NRS

07/22/2011 06:17 AM (UTC)
oprah for dlc!
NS922
About Me
07/22/2011 06:18 AM (UTC)
Lurker_of_Rapture
About Me

I am a Lurker for Rapture. My lord Cthulhu will see you all conquered. JOIN THE CULT OF CTHULHU TODAY!!!

07/22/2011 06:19 AM (UTC)
Great Cthulhu is confused by this thread. WHY DO YOU CONFUSE GREAT CTHULHU?!
Mobster_For_SATAN
07/22/2011 06:22 AM (UTC)
I stopped reading once you were showing Jackie Earl Haley as the Freddy like that's what we're getting. We're getting FREDDY, not the actor. That movie was fucking terrible but it's still Freddy. He has the glove, the hat, the sweater, the powers. Who cares if its the remake version? It's still Freddy.
Rockchalk5477
07/22/2011 06:22 AM (UTC)
Interesting post. Entertaining, nonetheless.

Now that we know we're getting Freddy, I'm crossing my fingers for Jason come Halloween time.
However, I'm definitely not enthralled that he is Mystery DLC Man #4....big letdown!
Garlador Wrote:

(Now you're playing with power!)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez so many Krueger enthusiasts and horror fans and you'd think this gif would come up sooner.
Starfire1020
About Me

GT:Icyflameraven89

07/22/2011 06:23 AM (UTC)
That was Funny read (cept for the rape part) and yes i agree. I am unhappy. Even more so they are putting mk3 subzero in the comp pack like assholes so we must have it : /
Spider804
07/22/2011 06:24 AM (UTC)
Rockchalk5477 Wrote:
Interesting post. Entertaining, nonetheless.

Now that we know we're getting Freddy, I'm crossing my fingers for Jason come Halloween time.

Same.
AsmodeusShadowmancer
07/22/2011 06:27 AM (UTC)
lol what a funny thread. It is somewhat creepy to think about Freddy Krueger can make Babalities in Mortal Kombat, isn't it? I hope they make it so he can't do Babalities.
mkwhopper
07/22/2011 06:27 AM (UTC)
LMAO that post was funny
RoyalChakra
07/22/2011 06:28 AM (UTC)
So pretty much............ well yeah I agree.
James_Sunderland
About Me

Second fan of "The Lady in Green...err Turquoise, no Gold?"

07/22/2011 06:32 AM (UTC)
HAha the OP was Hilarious, i really enjoyed this thread.
I dont understand why people are complaining about Robert Englund's freddy not being the freddy we got. ITS ALL THE SAME FREDDY!!!! furious
ZenOboe
About Me
07/22/2011 06:53 AM (UTC)
James_Sunderland Wrote:
I dont understand why people are complaining about Robert Englund's freddy not being the freddy we got. ITS ALL THE SAME FREDDY!!!! furious

Trust me. They're not the same. Robert Englund's Freddy is a wisecracking asshole psychopath. Jackie Earle Haley's Freddy is a coldblooded creepy psychopath.
maximus12
07/22/2011 06:53 AM (UTC)
Garlador you did it again. You dog you.grin
SystemSCSnake
07/22/2011 08:24 AM (UTC)
I also agree to the Rob Englund Freddy, I actually enjoyed that Freddy quite a bit.

But, great thread. Not much to say but good job with your post lol, it was very enticing to read. You're indifference beckons me to become more neutral to Krueger. Atleast I have UMVC3 to look forward to..

I am excited however to beat the crap out of Freddy. As I said in another thread, Freddy our worst nightmare? I don't believe he has met Johnny Cage yet.
wazburg
About Me

:>

07/22/2011 09:59 AM (UTC)
I must admit i was disspointed when they made Freddy a Dlc >_>
But it is good for Freddy fans that want him in a ps3 game and will expand Mortal Kombats Fan base... I was hopeing for a female character like Tanya, Lei mai or the chick who posesses Jade
xXmyxxmastaXx
About Me

retro smoke= purple Klassic cyrax easy money NRS

07/22/2011 10:10 AM (UTC)
Bezou is a Happy Pedobear
bbfreak328
07/22/2011 01:38 PM (UTC)
OP is the best post I've seen on this site. Ever.
Why only 1 DP? Definitely worth 5!

AsmodeusShadowmancer Wrote:
lol what a funny thread. It is somewhat creepy to think about Freddy Krueger can make Babalities in Mortal Kombat, isn't it? I hope they make it so he can't do Babalities.

I too was thinking about the creepiness of a Freddy/babality combination, though I was thinking more about how creepy his own babality will be.

I'd imagine Sheeva's arm clap fatality will be particularly entertaining on Freddy though. Also, another good thing about Freddy (if I download him that is...) is it will get me to actually perform Shang Tsung's absurd clown fatality on him.
Garlador
07/22/2011 02:39 PM (UTC)
SystemSCSnake Wrote:
I also agree to the Rob Englund Freddy, I actually enjoyed that Freddy quite a bit.

But, great thread. Not much to say but good job with your post lol, it was very enticing to read. You're indifference beckons me to become more neutral to Krueger. Atleast I have UMVC3 to look forward to..

I am excited however to beat the crap out of Freddy. As I said in another thread, Freddy our worst nightmare? I don't believe he has met Johnny Cage yet.

I feel there are scarier things in MK. Like clowns.

Though that could just be the post-traumatic-stress-disorder talking from that time a clown had sex with my mother and ate my father.
bad10
07/22/2011 02:44 PM (UTC)
jasons- a- koming!smile
hivetyrant765
About Me

PSN: Ventris765

07/22/2011 02:45 PM (UTC)
Garlador Wrote:
SystemSCSnake Wrote:

I feel there are scarier things in MK. Like clowns.

Though that could just be the post-traumatic-stress-disorder talking from that time a clown had sex with my mother and ate my father.

yeah... again, sorry about that. it was a long time since id had either of those, so i kinda went overboard when i got the chance :/
YingYeung
07/22/2011 03:16 PM (UTC)
Hahahaha this is the best post ever.
Garlador
07/22/2011 06:39 PM (UTC)
ZenOboe Wrote:
James_Sunderland Wrote:

Trust me. They're not the same. Robert Englund's Freddy is a wisecracking asshole psychopath. Jackie Earle Haley's Freddy is a coldblooded creepy psychopath.

I think my issue is that I can't shake the image of Ron Pearlman as the Beast whenever I see him.

(And ladies LOVED Ron Pearlman as The Beast...)
McHotcakes
About Me
"Never Stay Down"- Steve Rogers

07/22/2011 07:08 PM (UTC)
Why do I get the feeling Garlador wants to write for cracked.com?
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.