The Little Things You Find Interesting About The Game?
posted11/26/2011 04:44 AM (UTC)by
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

Player 1, Nightwolf or Kabal, intro during Hell stage. The hands will try to grab them.

Kintaro intro, he steps on the decapitated head. The blood from it remains on his foot throughout the match.

Cyborg Sub-Zero sweep distance winning round animation.
Originally, when he wins, he pops out a bomb from his chest and twist the top and place it back inside.
But during Armless mode. The bomb that comes out of his chest just drops to the ground and actually blows up. I thought that was...cool.

When you win the match in The Courtyard arena, the monks clap.
smokeman14
07/30/2011 05:12 AM (UTC)
all the bugs and shit that crawls around in Shang Tsung's Gardens
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

07/30/2011 06:30 AM (UTC)
I love the pathetically insignificant things that only people like us would notice.

The Statues in the Gardens of character renders from other games for example.

The green glow coming from underneath Shang Tsungs Courtyard, Is the Soul chamber under there or something? Secret Retile/ Smoke having there original move set, Secret Jade being immune to projectiles etc. All the Throwbacks to previous games in the challenger tower, that made it worth playing for me.
mkwhopper
07/30/2011 06:36 AM (UTC)
The Street background showing Motaro and some Outworldish monsters and Tormentor(s)
Unknown265
07/30/2011 06:38 AM (UTC)
Sheeva's round win animation references her MK3 win pose.
Kung Lao's round win animation also references his MK3 win pose.

When Reptile wipes his mouth during his round win animation, the green liquid stays on his forearm.

After the oringial Sub-Zero is killed by Scorpion in the Story Mode, when Raiden and Cyrax look at the skeletal remains of Bi-Han, Raiden makes a reference to Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero.

Noob Saibot's name is shown only as "Noob" but the announcer says his whole name, while Sonya's name is shown as "Sonya Blade" but the announcer only says her first name.

Johnny Cage has the only Counter-Type X-Ray in the game, while Cyber Sub-Zero has the only X-Ray which REQUIRES you to be airborne to activate, and Kitana has the only X-Ray which can be activated both in the ground and air.

When fighting in Kahn's Koliseum and Shao Kahn's Throne Room, Shao Kahn may sometimes yell out his taunts from the background.

When Sub-Zero's Bi-Han costume is selected, his voice set will change to Noob Saibot's voice set, only he sounds less........wraith-like.

If Johnny Cage wins the match, without having his sunglasses get battle-damaged, during his match-winning animation his glasses will break and be replaced by a new pair of shades anyway, but after Johnny says "Oh yeah." his shades will twinkle.
Ricardo Snow
07/30/2011 06:46 AM (UTC)
In Noobs XRay when he Kicks you and the Vomit stays on his leg. that's pretty egit.

Nice finds btw, i didnt notice most of those
mkwhopper
07/30/2011 06:48 AM (UTC)
The characters winning animation(Victory Pose)
jack4813
07/30/2011 07:00 AM (UTC)
The Reptile rubbing spit and it staying on his hand (already stated)

Kano selling shotguns to the Tarkata. I knew he sold weapons, but I didn't imagine that.

Them rushing the humans with them.

The fact that they decided to redo Kano's MK3 costume seemed odd, but I liked it.

Liu Kang dragon fatality now looking like the current new dragon.

That's all I got.
smokeman14
07/30/2011 07:04 AM (UTC)
Oh lets not forget

Jax's P2 color is from MK3 (purple pants)

Johnny Cage P2 color is from MKT (Red pants instead of blue)

and Shang Tsung alt P2 is from MK1 (Blue robes instead of red)

and the Noob Smoke thing when you select Noob Saibot's Klassic P2 color
AwesomeTaco
07/30/2011 07:05 AM (UTC)
-Jade's pole dance victory pose
-The Dragon in the city stages
-The Ads for WB Games and NRS in the back of the Subway stage
-The 'Ninja Mime' Billboard on the rooftop stage
-Skarlet, Tanya and Kintana chained up in the Arena Stage

To name a few grin
mkwhopper
07/30/2011 07:06 AM (UTC)
The Noob-Smoke Deception reference and Kano saying "bitch".
Thatoneguy
07/30/2011 07:33 AM (UTC)
When you do one of Noob Saibot's shadow moves, his normal shadow really disappears.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

07/30/2011 11:38 AM (UTC)
Unknown265 Wrote:
Sheeva's round win animation references her MK3 win pose.

When Reptile wipes his mouth during his round win animation, the green liquid stays on his forearm.

When Sub-Zero's Bi-Han costume is selected, his voice set will change to Noob Saibot's voice set, only he sounds less........wraith-like.

If Johnny Cage wins the match, without having his sunglasses get battle-damaged, during his match-winning animation his glasses will break and be replaced by a new pair of shades anyway, but after Johnny says "Oh yeah." his shades will twinkle.

When I first saw Sheeva doing her MK3 victory pose as her round pose, I was giddy. I was thinking "OMG SHE DID IT!!!"

I always hated Reptile round animation. It doesn't make sense when the mask is on. It's just a batch of goo appearing on his arm as if he wiped a giant snot from his nose.

Weirdly I notice Sub-Zero's vocal difference in Story Mode though, not during in game fights. I dunno why I expected the developers to fuck up and have the same audio for both Sub-Zeros, being that it's the same character model. But they didn't.

I was just thinking about Johnny Cage glasses today! I remember the twinkle during a gameplay trailer when the game was in development, but I never seen it ever since the game released. Since then I always thought they removed it.

smokeman14 Wrote:

Johnny Cage P2 color is from MKT (Red pants instead of blue)

It's not a nod to MKT.
Johnny Cage's symbolic colors were mainly Blue/Black. While his P2 were Red/Black.

The only exception is the following:

In MK1, the sash is red.

In MKII: The console versions, P1 is Red. P2 = Blue.
(Arcade, P1=Blue)

MKT, P1 = Red. *I haven't really played that game to know his P2 color.

And that's it, the other games, he sports blue and black.

mkwhopper Wrote:
...and Kano saying "bitch".

Does he really say that? I can barely make out the words. Me and my friend joked about it pretending that he does because it sounds like he said it...we need Ed Boon to confirm this.

Thatoneguy Wrote:
When you do one of Noob Saibot's shadow moves, his normal shadow really disappears.

Oh wow, I forgot about that, I barely paid attention to his "model" shadow and most of the arenas are dark as it is, so I can understand how that slipped my mind, but yeah, that is an awesome thing they did.
Rockchalk5477
07/30/2011 01:05 PM (UTC)
The things written on the tombstones in the Graveyard, and what they mean.
I even made a list:
-Dis aliter visum = The Gods decreed otherwise
-Graviora manent = Greater dangers await
-Victis honor = Honor to the vanquished
-Omnia mors aequat = Death equals all things
-Resquiescat in pace = Rest in peace
-Cogi qui potest, nescit mori = (S)He who can be forced has not learned how to die
-Corpora lente augescent cito extinguuntur = Bodies grow slowly and die quickly
-Bene decessit = She has died a good death
-Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat = They all wound and the last one kills
Also, the P.A. announcements in the Subway are neat.
I also made a list, because I was clearly really bored...
-Please wait for the portal to open completely before entering
-Urinating on the platform is strictly forbidden
-Please dispose of litter in the proper receptacle
-For the courtesy of your fellow passengers, loud music is forbidden on the platform
-Loud radios are prohibited on the platform
-Standing in front of an oncoming train is punishable by fine
-There is no smoking on the platform. All violators will be fined
-Nudity is prohibited on the platform
-Please stand clear of the tracks as the train approaches
-Please refrain from throwing fatality victims onto the tracks
-Nano blasters(?) are prohibited on the platform
-The transit authority is not responsible for personal belongings
NS922
About Me
07/30/2011 01:30 PM (UTC)
The awesome sound effects

Goro/Shao Kahn being absent from their thrones when playing against them

The destruction that goes on in the background of the Bridge/Street

Sub Zero and Noob having identical alternate costumes (minus the colors)
daryui
About Me
07/30/2011 01:40 PM (UTC)
*The way Sonya's Ponytail floats above her collar.
*Shinnok is even more badass than ever.
*Kintaro didn't get killed, but the infinitely superior boss did.
*They put a gray Sektor instead of MKD CyberSmoke
*The fact they try to lie about what Pit it is.
*The fact the 3D MK games stayed truer to MK's roots than this one did.
*The fact people like the story and most of the character design in this iteration.

*Skarlet doesn't have her swords, straps, kunai, back cloth, hair streaks, silver trim on her boots in the Koliseum.
*Kintaro being fought in Goro's Lair.
*Kintaro and Goro have the same model.
*Mileena has the smallest feet, while Sindel has the largest.
*The females have mannish shoulders, large calfs, and are skinny at the knee.
*Sonya and Skarlet are near identical with few very noticable differences.
*Raiden's original look in the render got scrapped for this even final boring look.
*The dead Tormentor in the Wasteland.

*Stuntman was at Armageddon.
*Stryker's body is apparently seen at the crater twice, in the same shot.
*Shang Tsung's Island don't have visual connections with all of it's arenas any more.

The Portal is referenced in the Story Mode, but it's not an arena in the game.
The characetrs have generic and stupid looking renders/ versus poses.
NS922
About Me
07/30/2011 01:53 PM (UTC)
Why so negative?
RazorsEdge701
07/30/2011 02:25 PM (UTC)
raidenthefridge Wrote:
The green glow coming from underneath Shang Tsungs Courtyard, Is the Soul chamber under there or something?

When I saw that, and that Goro's lair had a bluish-green grated skylight, I thought for sure that they were the same thing and in story mode, Shang would send Liu to fight Goro by opening a trap door under his feet.

When he just used a portal instead, I was quite disappointed.
M3Power
07/30/2011 02:28 PM (UTC)
Goro gets pretty damm excited when you uppercut an opponent in Goro's stage while your not playing against him.

Try it lol
Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

07/30/2011 02:36 PM (UTC)
-Rain's win pose being the same as the MK3 version.

-On Goro's Lair stage, Goro having predeterminer animations depending on which button you attack with.
M3Power
07/30/2011 02:56 PM (UTC)
Im sure its just with the uppercut but i could be wrong!
KlTANA
About Me

07/30/2011 03:36 PM (UTC)
How the best selling game of the year so far, Has the worst online connection in any game I've ever played. I find that interesting.

Garlador
07/30/2011 03:51 PM (UTC)
Here's a few details I enjoyed.

- I love the sundial on the Evil Monastery showing the passing of time.
- I love how in the bell tower, whenever the clock hands reach the hour, the bells ring.
- MK3 Cyrax showing up in the Desert stage occasionally.
- The cyborgs never open their mouths and their internal organs are laced with circuitry.
- Liu Kang's X-ray being an homage to his first Fatality.
- Noob's Wishbone being an homage to how he and Smoke killed Sub-Zero in Deception.
- I love how bodies randomly wash up onto the Wasteland stage as you're fighting.
- If you start losing or spamming moves in Kahn's Coliseum, the crowd throws garbage at you.
- I love the nods to Deadly Alliance (both in Sub-Zero's ending and when Quan Chi says it in Story Mode).
- Kenshi and Reiko mentioned as fighters in Story Mode.
- Stryker being killed in the background of Rain's ending.
- Kenshi is no longer immune to Sonya's Kiss.
- Styker's win-pose always showers him with red blood... even if his victim doesn't bleed red blood.
- Ermac has female souls inside him.
- Early Mileena prototypes have her with Tarkatan arm blades.
- How can Mileena pronounce her "P"s if she has no lips?
- Johnny, Sindel, and Jade aren't above punching and kicking you in the balls.
- I love how human Sektor and Cyrax use their moves differently.
- When Stryker changes gun clips, the clips stay on the ground and can even be kicked around.
RazorsEdge701
07/30/2011 03:54 PM (UTC)
Garlador Wrote:
The cyborgs never open their mouths and their internal organs are laced with circuitry.

I might be crazy but I think their bones are a different color from everyone else's during X-Ray too, Silver instead of a slight yellowish-brown. It's almost unnoticeable though, since the silver looks more like white which just makes you think of normal bones.
Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

07/30/2011 04:57 PM (UTC)
M3Power Wrote:
Im sure its just with the uppercut but i could be wrong!

Press the different face buttons, and he has a different reaction ( i don't think it works with all the face buttons though). Like he'll lean forward when one of the buttons is pressed, and he'll roar if you press another.
Pages: 5
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.