Jade and Cyrax
posted08/01/2011 07:24 AM (UTC)by
NoobSaibot5
About Me

Drawn in pencil, coloured in pencil and marker. Tried uploading this the other night through the website but for some weird reason I'm never allowed to! lol Enjoy! :)
daryui
About Me
08/01/2011 02:36 AM (UTC)
That is really cool!

Of the two, Cyrax is by far the best and his hideous costume looks great in your drawing. The way the helmet is drawn somehow makes it appear better. I like how it has a mettalic look to it as well. How did you do that so well?

Jade is the one I'm not too fond of. To me she seems kind of blocky, and her head/hair looks awkward and too small.

My favorite thing about Jade, easily, is the way you did her hair. I love how it looks very close to the render and its shine.

Either way, very well done piece! smile
EmperorKahn
08/01/2011 02:47 AM (UTC)
That is really good, especially with colored pencil, which I find a very physical medium because the layering.
Great Job!!!
NoobSaibot5
08/01/2011 03:45 AM (UTC)
daryui Wrote:
That is really cool!

Of the two, Cyrax is by far the best and his hideous costume looks great in your drawing. The way the helmet is drawn somehow makes it appear better. I like how it has a mettalic look to it as well. How did you do that so well?

Jade is the one I'm not too fond of. To me she seems kind of blocky, and her head/hair looks awkward and too small.

My favorite thing about Jade, easily, is the way you did her hair. I love how it looks very close to the render and its shine.

Either way, very well done piece! smile

I know exactly what you mean about Jade. The type of paper I was drawing on was a bit coarse, and it even makes her skin tone look a bit botched to me. It done nothing for her muscle definition either with shading, I'm planning on using smoother quality paper for my next sketch but I totally see where your coming from and it's something I'm working on.

I think the head is *slightly* smaller than intended thanks to my fairly outdated scanner (a CanoScan N650U, which for some reason appears to have elongated her knees in compensation) lol. I'll readily admitt she's the weaker sketch of the two due to that, but my computer skills suck and I've no idea how to fix errors like that and stretch things on gimp yet lol. Again though, thanks a million for the feedback, I love when artists on here give constructive criticism to each other here!

And for EmporerKhan to comment on my work *SWOON!* I love your work!! Big fan, so again, that means a lot. Thank you to both of you :)
daryui
About Me
08/01/2011 04:06 AM (UTC)
Glad I could be of help to you! Any plans for a Thunder God? wink
NoobSaibot5
08/01/2011 04:10 AM (UTC)
I actually need more suggestions, I tend to stick to the ninjas! lol
Espio872
08/01/2011 04:52 AM (UTC)
Awesome job, I love your work.
AwesomeTaco
08/01/2011 07:24 AM (UTC)
They both look great! I agree Jade's head is just a bit to small, but everything else is fantastic. Great job grin
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.