Ex-Midway designer, Vincent Proce, has released another collection of concept art featuring new Mortal Kombat 9 character-designs for Reptile, Johnny Cage, Cyrax, Mileena, Nightwolf and Sub-Zero. We now know that he has working in the new MK game before he left the company. From his blog:

"It's been a long time since I posted and the MK fans out there have been asking to see some of the concept art that I did for MK9.

I was only asked to do a few and with some very specific direction, but I also took the liberty of presenting a few concepts more to suit my own taste, hoping they would want to take the game in that direction.

The first three concepts I did (Reptile, Johnny Cage and Cryax) I had no interaction with the team and are the ones in which I branched out on my own.

I had just rolled off of another project and moved right to MK9 and these were the first pieces I showed to the guys. The first version of Cryax had a face that Ed Boon pointed out to look like Howard the Duck (he was right it did have the shape of Howard the Duck) so I changed that, but that was all I changed."

"The next three I did (Milena, Sub Zero & Nightwolf) were directed by the team to look like what they did in MK2. I think they all turned out pretty good, but I was a little disappointed with what I did with Sub-Zero, he was always my fav of the MK characters and I think I could have iterated on him a few more times.

These were the last images I did for Midway Games before I left. I do have a bunch of earlier concepts from different MK pitches that have never seen the light of day. I will post them when the time is right I suppose…"

Back in September 2009, Vincent released a series of re-imaged and upgraded MK1 character designs featuring Scorpion, Sonya Blade, Raiden, Kano, and Sub-Zero with some personal commentary concerning each character:

You can view his first art in our News-Story article which also features MKvsDC Artwork.

You can also head over to his blog to support Vincent Proce and see his original post concerning the first four characters he revealed. You can click here to read about the fifth character he uploaded in March 2010.

Even though Vincent Pro has long left the Midway Company and MK team, he has said that he "would still like to one day redesign all the rest of the original characters" if he ever finds the time.

Hopefully this is not the last we will hear or see from Vincent's work. We all look forward to all those early concepts from different MK pitches that have never been revealed.

Special thanks to form member samus_aran3900 for submitting the News Lead on this article!

Keep up to date with all things concerning Mortal Kombat by following us over on Twitter at @MK_Online or by liking us over on our Facebook Page.

Think you've got a news story? Send your submissions to our MKO Newslead.