Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • November 20th, 2018
    Rumor: Spanish Voice Actor Exits Unannounced MK Game [Read On]
  • November 8th, 2018
    Kung Lao and the Scorpions - Music and Interview! [Read On]
  • October 30th, 2018
    Pics and Video from Shang Tsung's Fight Night 2018 [Read On]
  • October 26th, 2018
    Prepare Yourself: Shang Tsung's Fight Night & MKO Meet & Greet [Read On]
  • October 16th, 2018
    Tomorrow’s MKO Twitch Stream to feature speedrunning champ, Outworld! [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (57.1%)
Out of kredits. (42.8%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Gameplay & Matchmaking

Discussing MK Gameplay, Strategies, Tournaments and Online Matchmaking.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/20/2012 07:33 AMStatus ::
UK Mustard Wins World Game Cup 2012 in Cannes!

February 18 -- they arrived in Cannes from across Europe, representing nine nations in a bracket accomodating thirty-two of the continents best players [full list]. Mortal Kombat joined the fifth World Game Cup as the voted internet's choice and delivered a whirlwind of competition, culminating in an early run final four streamed online!

Representing the United Kingdom, it was Mustard who took top honors, rising from the second chance bracket to deliver a stunning turnaround performance against Greek tour favourite, GDA Hidan! Taking third and fourth respectively, Ketchup (GBR) and Crathen (ITA).

Playing as Cyrax, Mustard did himself and country proud, boldly charging to a 3-0 perfect sweep against Hidan's Quan Chi twice! The feat had to be peformed first to reset Mustard from the Losers bracket, before he again dominated in the best of five match tournament Grand Final! Hidan found his most competitive feet in the dying rounds, fighting valiantly to the finish, even as he succumbed to a bombed end. French participant, Dr Jackal, captured footage of the concluding clash [featured below]! Jackal was eliminated from the earlier pool stages, but clearly didn't hold any grudges.

World Game Cup 2012 Tournament Final:
GDA Hidan versus Mustard

It was to be a family affair for the Brits. GDA Hidan defeated Ketchup in the Winners Bracket final, besting his Sektor in a 2-0 clean sweep that forced a rematch between twin brothers, Mustard and Ketchup, who met earlier in the tour. Cyrax' Buzz Kill fatality finished their clash, one of several finishers performed in the finals.

An archive feed of the final four stream is available courtesy of armshouse [via Test Your Might]. Special thanks to Nephrite for his tireless correspondence with the event. Discuss WGC 2012 and the many other tournaments happening around the world on the MKO forums. Winter Brawl 6 unfolded in chilly Philadelphia during the same weekend. Complete finals coverage coming soon.

NephritePosted: 02/20/2012 09:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::3779
Nationality::Croatia
RE: UK Mustard Wins World Game Cup 2012 in Cannes!

Watch the archived footage on ARMSHOUSE (link in the OP, start of final paragraph) for the entire Top 4.

Loved Hidan's performance against Ketchup, especially the way he took game 1 -> rune trap to take round 1 and rune trap intro throw mix-up to take round 2.

Mustard -> fave Cyrax in the world! Sorry America.

Oh and the French commentator on the other channel was pure win! "Ooolalalalalalalalalalalala!"

LOL!

blacksaibotPosted: 02/20/2012 01:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::9078
Nationality::Bahamas

The lack of sound REALLY makes this video suspenseful!

(Erik)Posted: 02/20/2012 01:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::26952
Nationality::Ireland

I love when it says "Interruption!"

That Cyrax owned that Quan Chi.
It didn't look like a finals match because of that.

sean79Posted: 02/20/2012 01:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::5852
Nationality::Australia

That guy was particularly terrible at Quan Chi.

As a person who mains him. Shocking performance.

NephritePosted: 02/20/2012 02:33 PMStatus ::

It was the grand finals of Europe's biggest tournament, the guy probably/obviously fell under pressure. It happens, he's still a great player. There are videos of him playing out there on YT if you're interested, you'll see he's good.

If someone saw Michaelangelo get bodied by Tom Brady at Summer Jam and never saw any other videos of him competing, they'd never guess he actually won three consecutive majors going into Evo last year.

(Erik)Posted: 02/20/2012 10:28 PMStatus ::

That's sad. Because I was really excited to see what a good Quan Chi plays like, and then I saw that. Damn pressure, I understand now. Thanks.

J-spitPosted: 02/21/2012 11:39 AMStatus ::

Visits::7318
Nationality::United States

Maybe it's because I'm watching, but I feel like I play better than both parties. Too bad I'm not able to travel at will.

Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
Espio872Posted: 02/21/2012 01:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::1075

The Quan Chi player did very well, that was high level Quan Chi, not winning any matches =/= not being high level. He did excellent and gave Mustard a run for his money.

Mustard is of course, really, really good ad has a legit Cyrax, who uses Cyrax's reasonable high damaging combos to great success and actually uses escapable resets.

These two players are very solid and it's a shame that people don't seem to see that.

Nerves might have gotten to people, but everyone in the top 4 played amazingly well (couldn't see anyone else).

(Erik)Posted: 02/21/2012 03:00 PMStatus ::

I don't feel like that Quan Chi gave that Cyrax a run for his money at all.

That Quan Chi seemed to have his every attempt stopped. Sure sometimes he pulled off 7 or 9 hit combos for 25% - 35% damage, but he did that so sparingly. He took a few rounds, but most of the time Cyrax won the fight with nearly a full bar of life.

GodlyShinnokPosted: 02/21/2012 04:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::4818
Nationality::Panama

J-spit Wrote:
Maybe it's because I'm watching, but I feel like I play better than both parties. Too bad I'm not able to travel at will.

I feel like that sometimes too, but it's very different when you're the one playing. Still, I consider myself a very good player, not top high level because I can't figure out things as fast as I'd wish but very good nonetheless.

Here is me playing Quan Chi against a Cyrax in casuals

Link

Espio872Posted: 02/21/2012 05:23 PMStatus ::

Well they're both great players. It wasn't a free series and yes he took a convincing win, but Hidan didn't get that far if he wasn't good as someone said earlier in the thread(not you).

Look around for other videos of him in this tourament. He took wins off of another top 4 player, doesn't mean anything bad about the person who lost to him. It just means he was more on point during the matches.

NephritePosted: 02/21/2012 05:41 PMStatus ::

GodlyShinnok Wrote:

Link

The commentary is hilarious, you guys are obsessed with gibberish.

That guy was going nuts as Scorpion was making a comeback against Ermac.

Stop throwing craneos!

Espio872Posted: 02/21/2012 05:52 PMStatus ::

GodlyShinnok Wrote:
J-spit Wrote:

I feel like that sometimes too, but it's very different when you're the one playing. Still, I consider myself a very good player, not top high level because I can't figure out things as fast as I'd wish but very good nonetheless.

Link

You guys are wonderfully funny <3 Good matches and the Quan Chi chat is full of win. Great job with Quan Chi.

I love how hyped everyone got during the Ermac and Scorpion fight it reminded me og those "oh oh oh's" when Kabal lands his corner combo lol. I had fun and I wasn't even there

GodlyShinnokPosted: 02/21/2012 06:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::4818
Nationality::Panama

Lol yeah, we are always saying stupid stuff and overhyping. It's always a fun experience going to tourneys here

Osu16BitPosted: 02/22/2012 07:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::6138

I've lost 6-0 in a grand finals before. Sucks :(

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.