Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

What's Next?
Mortal Kombat 11 (82.2%)
MK Action-Adventure (8.3%)
MK HD Re-release (3.1%)
WWE Immortals (0%)
MK Krossover (2.0%)
MK Special Forces (2.0%)
Other (2.0%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • May 23rd, 2018
    MKX Mobile Summer 2018 Character & Gear Update [Read On]
  • May 19th, 2018
    Book of Souls Kombat Encyclopaedia Now Free eBook [Read On]
  • April 29th, 2018
    Shao Kahn Overthrows Onaga in PCS 1:3 Scale Statue [Read On]
  • April 18th, 2018
    DC Announces Injustice vs He-Man [Read On]
  • April 16th, 2018
    Classic Superman Brings Golden Age to Injustice 2 Mobile [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 03/26/2012 05:59 PMStatus ::
Johnny Cage & Noob Join Syco Collectibles Previews

Two more works-in-progress have been previewed by Syco Collectibles, the latest additions revealed from their extensive lineup of officially licensed Mortal Kombat statues.
Part of the standard 10" polystone collection; Johnny Cage and Noob Saibot add greater diversity to a growing roster of characters, each directly inspired by the designs of the most recent game.

Revealed last week in a Test Your Might first look; Johnny Cage comes in dynamic mid-move pose, based on his famed shadow uppercut special. Though still in development stages, the preview shows a promising degree of detail, with all the trimmings of his chest tattoo, belt buckle, and sunglasses evident and accounted for.

A less glitzy character than MK's resident movie star, Noob Saibot is no less adequately realized. The hooded wraith possesses the sharpened details of his in-game counterpart, striking a pose reminiscent of his shadowed victory stance. For a design dependent on blacks, tone will be an important detail not yet represented in these early previews. Images are not representative of the final product and may be subject to change before production.

Syco Collectibles 10in Johnny Cage - Preview 1Syco Collectibles 10in Johnny Cage - Preview 2Syco Collectibles 10in Johnny Cage - Preview 3
Syco Collectibles 10in Noob - Preview 1Syco Collectibles 10in Noob - Preview 2Syco Collectibles 10in Noob - Preview 31

The two figures join a pending release schedule that includes Motaro -- the 14" scale centaur chosen and previewed by Mortal Kombat Online [full story]. Fans can also look forward to pairing Cage with classic love interest, Sonya Blade [preview], while premium Rain, and Queen Sindel are also confirmed to join the series, with updates expected soon.

Before your shelves get caged, 20% online discounts are available for already released statues, such as; Sub-Zero, Ermac, Jade and more. Scorpion will soon be released for a second 10" run, repained with an improved gold finish.

For questions about these and other products, refer to MKO's official Syco Collectibles Q&A thread. Get additional updates and preview galleries by following @MK_Online and liking us on Facebook.

MKshizzPosted: 03/26/2012 06:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::8620
Nationality::United States
RE: Johnny Cage & Noob Join Syco Collectibles Lineup

Awesome! They look great. Except, Noob's pose looks a bit weird without the clone. Idk. Maybe it'll look better when I see it full.

Johnny looks awesome though.

Thanks to MINION for the sig! My name is Ian, if you really care to know.
Unknown265Posted: 03/26/2012 07:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::535
RE: Johnny Cage & Noob Join Syco Collectibles Previews

They look really good! They will be fantastic when they are completed.

ShadalooPosted: 03/26/2012 07:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

Noob's a waste without his clone. They've probably lost me; should have gone with the folded arms pose.

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
blacksaibotPosted: 03/26/2012 08:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::9078
Nationality::Bahamas

Noob all by himself?

Oh no... No, no, no. Just no.

ZmokePosted: 03/26/2012 09:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::1072
Nationality::Finland

We have gone far from the times when you couldn't separate Ermac from Noob Saibot without colors. I guess you'll have to make Noob Saibot lean to something when the shadow lacks. It appears Psycho wasn't able to make Cage's hair right though it could've been a pain to make that true. There is an extra curl on his forehead and veins never seen before.

Tyrant-CenobitePosted: 03/26/2012 10:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::10414
Nationality::United Kingdom

Guys, guys; guys!

Who said Noob wouldn't have his Shadow Clone?

quevePosted: 03/26/2012 11:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

Excellent article, Mick!

To everyone concerned about the "clone", don't worry guys, it will be there. Here's my post directly from Syco's official Facebook:

Noob Saibot will be featured in the fan-favorite "Victory Pose" from the latest installment of the series. He will come complete with his evil clone-shadow standing next to him as requested by the majority of our loyal fans and followers...FEAR HIM!

Shadaloo Wrote:
Noob's a waste without his clone. They've probably lost me; should have gone with the folded arms pose.

He will have the clone. :)

MKshizz Wrote:
Awesome! They look great. Except, Noob's pose looks a bit weird without the clone. Idk. Maybe it'll look better when I see it full.

Johnny looks awesome though.

blacksaibot Wrote:
Noob all by himself?

Oh no... No, no, no. Just no.

Zmoke Wrote:
We have gone far from the times when you couldn't separate Ermac from Noob Saibot without colors. I guess you'll have to make Noob Saibot lean to something when the shadow lacks. It appears Psycho wasn't able to make Cage's hair right though it could've been a pain to make that true. There is an extra curl on his forehead and veins never seen before.

Also, Johnny's hair was modeled using never-before-seen official HD stills that we got from the NRS team themselves. In these renders/pictures, you can see Johnny's hair with a lot more detail and elegance than how its seen in the actual game model.

Also, already released artwork of Johnny Cage (HD render and HD concept art of his alternate costume) feature a more stylish hairstyle (tiny bangs included) than what is limited/seen in the game itself.

From Syco's official website:

Johnny Cage went through some interesting changes during the sculpting process of his statue. The original model featured a much 'angrier-looking' Johnny and his hair wasn't as detailed or as faithful to the character's known style. We wanted to make sure that we captured his essence by toning down the angry facial expression and giving him that 'handsome-touch' that he's well known for to go along an iconic pose (which all of our followers helped to decide).

We know that Johnny likes to smile charismatically, but, when it comes to shattering back bones and spines as he lifts off to perform his trademark Shadow Uppercut, Mr. Hollywood is dead-serious. -Eduardo (Creative Director & Consumer Relations Manager)

raidenthefridgePosted: 03/27/2012 05:58 AMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

God these are awesome, I wish I had stupid amounts of money.

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
ShadalooPosted: 03/27/2012 07:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

queve Wrote:

Shadaloo Wrote:

Well that's fine and all but I don't see how that changes any-OKAY SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

>_>

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
MKshizzPosted: 03/27/2012 08:44 PMStatus ::

Visits::8620

Shadaloo Wrote:
queve Wrote:

Shadaloo Wrote:

Well that's fine and all but I don't see how that changes any-OKAY SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

>_>

Will it be twice as expensive though?

Thanks to MINION for the sig! My name is Ian, if you really care to know.
Scorpion2448Posted: 03/28/2012 07:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::1622

Looks good. On your main page, you should fix the spelling in Product Categories. Just letting you know

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.