5 Updates! SONY Vita tour in Latin America promotes MK (Sonya and Sub-Zero cosplay pictures) and rumors to reveal new characters!?
posted05/01/2012 03:28 PM (UTC)by
queve
Hi guys, so, the event itself might not really be huge news for most of you, but, for those happy fans living in Latin America its a really cool thing to see as you don't get much of these kind of "special events" as often as you get them in USA or Europe.

Anyway, I'm trying to get all the info/facts about this interesting event, so far all I know is that a special SONY campaign that is touring Latin America for the promotion/release of the PS VITA is using Mortal Kombat and Uncharted as their top games for said promotion.

Apparently the've been promoting VITA by showing MK the most and the guests that attended spoke of "unrevealed" surprises and extra-characters that have not been seen in the game before. From what I gathered its clear that they are not talking about the DLC! This is mostly from FB comments so I'm trying to get some confirmation on these claims. Most of the articles (Newspapers) are online (links later as I have to run now!).

What's also awesome is SONY's choice of characters for the promotion of the event and games! They are Sub-Zero (MK1), Sonya Blade (MKvsDC?!), Kratos (MK9/GoW) and Nathan Drake (Uncharted).

Here's just a couple of images from Latin American articles that I found online. Most of these are from the event in Bolivia, but, it appears that SONY's main Executive is/was touring all over Latin America with the "characters" as the favorite attraction of the show.

Enjoy!

:)

EDIT 2: Though I can't confirm this information, I've gotten word that selected guests got some special previews of the MK VITA during the event in Bolivia and Chile!

No recordings were allowed but they all talk about at least two new characters that are not part of the already known roster (including the DLC characters).

Interesting stuff!

Here are just a few of the articles + pictures from the event in Bolivia:

Article + 1 pic
Article + more pics

'm annoyed at the moment because I can't find the original article where I got all those first pics. As soon as I get that link I'll post it here.

EDIT 3:Just got some email confirmation about the special event in Chile!

SONY selected some major faces to represent their games for the promotion of Vita including a new Sonya Blade (once again in her MKvsDC costume but with the MK9 glasses), a new Nathan Drake, Assasin Creed's guy and Kratos. Check them out here:

Some info on the "new" characters is bound to be leaked soon if its all true.

EDIT 4: I found the original article with the many pictures! Also a video featuring yet another Sonya Blade cosplayer (MK9 costume) from another part of the SONY tour and more:

Article with big collection of pics promoting MK in Bolivia
Video featuring yet another different Sonya cosplayer, MK, and other game characters

I know its all Sonya, but, besides the Sub-Zero from Bolivia, she is/was the only MK character promoting the game in the Latin American tour.
Nephrite
04/13/2012 10:20 PM (UTC)
4th picture (from the bottom):

Sonya girl, what's on your mind? wink

Cool info, thanks for sharing. smile
C-Sword
About Me

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9996/smokesig2.jpg

04/13/2012 10:52 PM (UTC)
New kharacters would be cool, but I don't wanna get my hopes up, that'd be nice if you could find more info.
Dragonkeeper1982
04/13/2012 11:36 PM (UTC)
I'd pray that before long that they would release any extra characters/stages/finishers for the original consoles via DLC.
queve
04/14/2012 01:39 AM (UTC)
Though I can't confirm this information, I've gotten word that selected guests got some special previous of the MK VITA during the event in Bolivia and Chile!

No recordings were allowed but they indeed talk about at least two new characters that are not part of the already known roster (including the DLC characters).

Interesting stuff!

Here are just a few of the articles + pictures from the event in Bolivia:

Article + 1 pic
Article + more pics

I can't find the original article where I got all those first pics! As soon as I get the link I'll post it here.

queve
04/14/2012 01:51 AM (UTC)
Just got some emails confirming about the special event in Chile!

SONY selected some major faces to represent their games for the promotion of Vita including a new Sonya Blade (once again in her MKvsDC costume but with the MK9 glasses), a new Nathan Drake, Assasin Creed's guy and Kratos. Check them out here:

Some info on the "new" characters is bound to be leaked soon if its all true.

EDIT 4: I found the original article with the many pictures! Also a video featuring yet another Sonya Blade cosplayer (MK9 costume) from another part of the tour and more MK plus more links:

Article with big collection of pics promoting MK in Bolivia
Video featuring yet another different Sonya cosplayer, MK, and other game characters
Lokheit
04/14/2012 02:56 AM (UTC)
Did they mention which characters or if they were from previous MK games? Or were they alternate uniforms that they didn't recognize from existing characters? :S
queve
04/14/2012 03:10 AM (UTC)
More pics and youtube link to video guys!
Video featuring yet another Sonya model, MK and other cosplayers

I know its all Sonya, but, besides the Sub-Zero from Bolivia, she is/was the only MK character promoting the game in the Latin American tour.

Lokheit Wrote:
Did they mention which characters or if they were from previous MK games? Or were they alternate uniforms that they didn't recognize from existing characters? :S

Reports are pretty vague but they do specify that "he" is not a character from the "PS3 roster".

Most of the selected guests who saw the special preview concede about at least 1 new character while other guests made it sound plural, as in "2 unconfirmed new characters" but that is unclear. At least they all agree about one though...

Nothing is said about them being playable or not. The not-so-detailed reports only confirm that you can "fight" against him. I've yet to read a description about how "he" looks yet.
I wonder if the bosses could constitute as 'new' characters as well.
C-Sword
About Me

04/14/2012 03:38 AM (UTC)
OMG, if this is true, all the console owners will go berserk! I hope that the PS Vita exclusives stay PS Vita exclusives, cause I own one and I want to see you guys go crazy, cause I worship chaos :)
queve
04/14/2012 04:11 AM (UTC)
Ab_Horrence Wrote:
I wonder if the bosses could constitute as 'new' characters as well.

I doubt it because they said they were not in the game or as part of the PS3 cast. Even though bosses were not playable, they were still in the game and part of the cast....I assume.

C-Sword Wrote:
OMG, if this is true, all the console owners will go berserk! I hope that the PS Vita exclusives stay PS Vita exclusives, cause I own one and I want to see you guys go crazy, cause I worship chaos :)

You must be Havik's cousin or his forgotten wife. ;)

But yes, rumors of the revealed new character (or characters) are floating everywhere due to this huge promotional tour in Latin America.

I'm just loving all the Sonya-love from SONY and WB. tongue
Scar_Subby
04/14/2012 04:11 AM (UTC)
Also if this is a "new" character, then are we sure it isn't a challenge tower exclusive or something?

They did add new challenges, it wouldn't surprise me if they added some new characters to be challenge tower exclusive.
queve
04/14/2012 04:13 AM (UTC)
Scar_Subby Wrote:
Also if this is a "new" character, then are we sure it isn't a challenge tower exclusive or something?

They did add new challenges, it wouldn't surprise me if they added some new characters to be challenge tower exclusive.

You could be unto something! ;) This is totally possible.
Noob7Smoke
About Me

big thanks to flameshang for the sig.

04/14/2012 04:27 AM (UTC)
Whoa!! Interesting...but i shouldn't get too excited
jpetrunak
04/14/2012 08:33 AM (UTC)
Nathan Drake .... Fatality
Ki5hiDo
04/14/2012 09:30 AM (UTC)
Yeah i bet they will be some Sony characters
MKIceVsFire
About Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV9tftd6kzw&feature=g-all-u

04/14/2012 11:16 AM (UTC)
hope its mk characters
Dragonkeeper1982
04/14/2012 02:34 PM (UTC)
I'd say one of these:

1. Motaro (as a sub-boss only - a great challenge for the challenge ladder: no x-rays, no projectiles, and no finishing moves could be done to him - unless they went with the 2 legged MKA version which I doubt they'd ever go that route again lol; also they did make him a MK9 statue which seems rather odd even though he did appear in storymode scenes)

2. Fujin (well his name is hidden in the game as a selectable fighter even though he is not one, also he could be tied into the sequel if it follows MK4)

3. Jason Vorhees (they never said if they had permission for his character's use or not; could they have held out this long for Vita/late DLC)

4. Any of the 4 mentioned last week: Sareena, Tremor, Aqua, and Wu Lae, they were all originally planned to be in MK9 but scrapped

5. Tanya - I'd have picked her first based on the recognized demand for her a while back before Freddy became the final DLC of the first/last package, yet this spot was referred to as a "he", yet possible others???

6. Havik - So much love for this oddball, yet fun character; he has a design in this game that they could easily use.

7. Killer Instinct cross-over characters (well it is obvious that the NRS is either already working on KI3 with RARE or they are regardless planning on SOMETHING!!! YEAH!!! HEY!!! Maybe Black Orchid/Fulgore as a promotion for another future game???
ShadowPreacher
04/14/2012 03:50 PM (UTC)
I don't know about you guys but I would love Ezio as a new DLC character.

Come at me bro. grin
redman
04/14/2012 05:28 PM (UTC)
Those look bad ass! Awesome stuff!

Kratos actually looks fucking scary.. Holy shit lol.

And that Sonya.. GOD. Looks wonderful. :D
queve
04/15/2012 03:37 AM (UTC)
Got some exciting confirmations on the characters you guys!

Gotta get the facts straight though as its all mostly "mouth-to-mouth", but, it appears to be MK characters! Not any kind of guests or fakes (assuming, of course, that these rumors are all true).

Also hoping to find more of the promotional SONY-VITA campaign that took place in Mexico, Peru, Colombia and other Latin American countries. :)

Apparently there are even more variations of Sonya and one other Sub-Zero.

I'm going to say it: I love it that SONY chose Sonya as one of their lead faces for this promotion and to represent MK. Plus she's the only female character being used for the promotion of the whole event all over these countries. I'm obviously a pleased Sonya fanboy. tongue
C-Sword
About Me

04/15/2012 04:07 AM (UTC)
I don't understand why the people who attended the special preview wouldn't spill the beans and reveal the characters, it's possible that they were told not to by NRS, but come on, not everyone can keep a secret and everything gets leaked, because of the internet. That's why I'm having a hard time believing these rumors. Thanks for the updates tho.
I'm going to be sad if it is the new assassin and drake :(
jpetrunak
04/15/2012 05:59 AM (UTC)
I'm gonna be sad if the extra characters turn out to be bullshit. I stopped playing MK9 on my PS3 because I just got burned out, and the whole Vita thing kinda got me excited again when I saw the Shao Khan fatality ... then I was let down to hear its only a challenge tower thing, so I'm really hoping there is more kontent other than just challenges and Fruit Kninja , even 1 new character would be cool or playable bosses would make me happy.

Its payed for at any rate, so I'll be picking it up reguardless, but man I'll be extra hype if they did include some real surprises.

Noob7Smoke
About Me

big thanks to flameshang for the sig.

04/15/2012 06:52 AM (UTC)
Maybe its those characters boon had a poll....hhmm tanya,reiko,havik... I think those where the ones...I think
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.