Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Gameplay & Matchmaking

Discussing MK Gameplay, Strategies, Tournaments and Online Matchmaking.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/14/2012 11:28 AMStatus ::
Road to Evo: PowerUp 2012 Tournament Preview

April continues to be a bountiful month for the Road to Evo as we arrive at yet another weekend of fully authorized action. April 28 will see another tournament join the ranks, Civil War IV the newest addition freshly added to an already jam packed calendar of events! It will follow this weekends PowerUp 2012 event at The Cincinnati Mall, Ohio!

Running April 13-15, the tournament will be another opportuinty to collect seeding points for the 2012 Evo Championships, in July. This means positioning advantages for the top fighters and a chance to control ones destiny at the biggest tournament of them all!

Players assigned to four pools will battle it out under double-elimination conditions, top four winners and losers brackets producing fighters for a thirty-two person bracket. The top eight fighters from subsequent winners/losers brackets will go on to duke it out in the finals on Sunday, fighting for Evo Seeding Points.

POOL B (10am)
ATL BaTmAn
GGA Dizzy
IKizzLE
PsychoJoseph
Skeeter
Twintail Fox
Xiang

POOL D (1pm)
AU_IM_DIGIMON
Derrick Legend
GGA HAN
Glass Sword
STB CharlieMurphy
The Maktastik
POOL A (10am)
BEENEEWEENEES
GGA | MOE30W
GGA | soonk
Goldfishkeeper
Hurricane
Jody Tha Great
MK_LEGEND

POOL C (1pm)
CoCo | i208khonsu
GGA | Jeremiah
GGA | Wafflez
Osu16bit
Semi Evil Ryu
StillSmokedOut
TFA|RZR Hornett

PowerUp 2012 promises a solid field of Mortal Kombat action! Among the fighters to watch, IKizzLE, Osu16Bit, and GGA Dizzy -- all fighters who picked up points at Final Round XV!

As always, 50pts will be awarded to the tournament winner, with 25pts to the runner-up, and 10pts for third. Players finishing 4th-16th will receive 1pt, four additional scorers to previously published tallies.

Mortal Kombat Online will attempt to continue the Road to Evo tally. For more details, visit PowerUpFighters.com. Follow and discuss all the action on the forums, and get updates by following @MK_Online.

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 04/14/2012 12:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084
Nationality::United States
RE: Road to Evo: PowerUp 2012 Tournament Preview

No Tom Brady?

New sig on the way
NephritePosted: 04/14/2012 12:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::3779
Nationality::Croatia

^ He is there, as well as Perfect Legend(*) and Forever King. It's just that they didn't pre-register online.

As for the stream:

Stream link- click here.

Hopefully we'll get to see some MK on stream.

EDIT: After reading one of the Pig's comments on TYM I'm not sure if PL is there anymore. TS Sabin and THTB should be there though.

redmanPosted: 04/14/2012 01:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::4740

Come on Brady! You can do it! Haha

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 04/14/2012 01:34 PMStatus ::

Nephrite Wrote:
^ He is there, as well as Perfect Legend(*) and Forever King. It's just that they didn't pre-register online.
EDIT: After reading one of the Pig's comments on TYM I'm not sure if PL is there anymore. TS Sabin and THTB should be there though.

Hell yeah on Tom, cause I am hyped for his Sub-Zero. I know it's a long shot, but I wanna see Tom at least try to defend his Power Up Championship.

And PL would be crazy not to be there. Is being babied by Curbo the first thing he wants people think about when his name comes up? This is his chance at a clean slate. The guy did good at MLG all things considered... but this the fighting game community. All things are NEVER considered.

New sig on the way
NephritePosted: 04/14/2012 03:25 PMStatus ::

Stream is already live. Link in my previous post.

16-bit and Brady doing the commentary. I think we're still in pools, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: I have no idea what's going on. This thing that I'm watching seems to be recorded footage actually. Also, everything is in slow mode for me and I don't know how to fix it. I wanna cry!

EDIT II: It seems PL is not competing. Art said on the stream that he got blown up by Dizzy in exhibition yesterday and left. :-\

NephritePosted: 04/14/2012 04:22 PMStatus ::

OK, the stream is live NOW!

Team Sp00ky

Unfortunately I'm experiencing it in slow mode.

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 04/14/2012 04:53 PMStatus ::

Nephrite Wrote:
EDIT II: It seems PL is not competing. Art said on the stream that he got blown up by Dizzy in exhibition yesterday and left. :-\

Someone mentioned in the Flawless Victory chat earlier he had a family emergency. Not sure if that's been verified yet.

New sig on the way
NephritePosted: 04/14/2012 05:04 PMStatus ::

^ Oh. That sucks.

My PU stream is terrible, slow-mode. I think it could be my computer actually. I feel so depressed.

redmanPosted: 04/14/2012 05:34 PMStatus ::

My stream is awful to.

Brady won against Charliemurphy 41 and digi lost to CHRISG.

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 04/14/2012 05:39 PMStatus ::

Stream is absolutely awful for me too.

The tournament itself has been fantastic though.

New sig on the way
NephritePosted: 04/14/2012 05:51 PMStatus ::

Well at least now I feel better since I'm not the only one suffering lol.

I'm so desperate that I'm even trying to watch it through my PS3 but it seems it's offline now lulz.

NephritePosted: 04/14/2012 06:22 PMStatus ::

Not sure if you're still watching guys, but the stream is running much smoother now.

EDIT: Fantastic match between GGA Dizzy and IKizzLE in the winners SF, IKizzLE took it 2-1! I love Kizzle's Sektor, LOVE! I feel bad for Dizzy though.

EDIT II: They have now switched to KOFXIII. So far the Top 8 for MK is: MK Legend (Kung Lao), 16-bit (Kitana), IKizzLE (Sektor) and Chris G (Reptile) in the winners bracket. The losers bracket will be completed off-stream, the only one one through to Top 8 in the losers so far is EMP Tom Brady (Sub-Zero, Kung Lao).

EDIT III: GGA Dizzy (Cage) beats GGA Wafflez 2-1 and joins the Top 8 via losers (source: 16bit's Twitter).

.........................................................................................................................................

FINAL EDIT: OK, so thanks to 16-bit (via Twitter) we now know the entire top 8 for tomorrow:

Winners bracket:

MK Legend vs IKizzLE
Osu 16-bit vs Chris G. (These two played at FR, 16-bit won 2-1 there.)

Losers bracket:

AU IM Digimon vs GGA Dizzy
EMP Tom Brady vs Coco Forever King

Top 8 is scheduled to be streamed at 4PM local time. Tune in everyone and cheer for your faves! See ya guys tomorrow.

redmanPosted: 04/14/2012 10:27 PMStatus ::

Dude, MK legend is total trash lol.

NephritePosted: 04/15/2012 04:39 PMStatus ::

MK TOP 8 at Power Up LIVE NOW!

STREAM.

EDIT: I hope you guys haven't missed that insanely close winners bracket match between 16bit and Chris G., all 3 sets were INSANELY CLOSE. Somebody pressed the PS button during Ikizzle's match against Chris G. and I think it was Ikizzle who said "It wasn't me" lmao! Priceless.

skahwtPosted: 04/15/2012 05:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::476

What happened? When are they showing the rest of MK? Sick match between ChrisG and 16Bit btw.

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 04/15/2012 05:50 PMStatus ::

Tom Brady's Sub-Zero just beat Forever King's Kung Lao and Jax.

To all the people who said this is a counterpick game and that you can't win with one main: HOLD THAT SHIT!!!!! HOLD THAT SHIT TO YOUR FUCKING CHEST!!!!!

New sig on the way
Mojo6Posted: 04/15/2012 06:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::5150

TemperaryUserName Wrote:
Tom Brady's Sub-Zero just beat Forever King's Kung Lao and Jax.

To all the people who said this is a counterpick game and that you can't win with one main: HOLD THAT SHIT!!!!! HOLD THAT SHIT TO YOUR FUCKING CHEST!!!!!

Yeah I'm hoping Tom does well too. That match against Forever King was Epic. I'm hoping he turns it around with MkLegend right now.

Mojo6Posted: 04/15/2012 06:21 PMStatus ::

Tom beat MKLegend but lost to 16-Bit. Good sportsmanship though from 16-Bit.

NephritePosted: 04/15/2012 06:54 PMStatus ::

Well it's over.

I have so much on my mind.

First and foremost, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Ikizzle! I LOVE his Sektor and I'm so happy he (and Sektor ) won!

Another congratulations to GGA Dizzy who finally made it into Top 8!

Another congratulations to everyone who placed in Top8 and everyone else that participated!

I loved the commentary! Digimon is hilarious, 16-bit with a tiara LMFFFFFAO!

There were so many glitches (?) and interruptions (wireless controllers) though. As for the glitches, wtf is this with characters randomly being unable to move/attack for seconds. I think it drove Chris G insane. Another odd thing happened in his match in the losers bracket vs 16-bit. As 16-bit did an enhanced wake-up cutter, Chris G just passed through him with Reptile's enhanced elbow dash and won the match (game 1 of losers bracket final). WTF?!

Finally, happy birthday Tom!

redmanPosted: 04/15/2012 07:42 PMStatus ::

Tommy boy got 4th! Fuck yeah!

Also grats to KIZZLE, without a doubt the best Sektroll. Good shit.

NephritePosted: 04/16/2012 08:42 AMStatus ::

I'm not sure if you guys have already seen this, but I'll post it here just in case. This is the 6v6 (Team GGA vs Team Tim Static) exhibition that was played before the tourney started and is definitely worth checking out:

YouTube footage

Team GGA: Soonk, Jeremiah, Wafflez, Han, Dizzy and Moe30w.
Team Static: Sabin, Brady, PerfectLegend, 16-bit, Digimon and Goldfish.

PL vs Dizzy was a pretty cool match. You can also see Dizzy playing as Kenshi (vs Sabin) and 16-bit playing as Kano and Quan Chi.

Mojo6Posted: 04/16/2012 07:10 PMStatus ::

Nephrite Wrote:
I'm not sure if you guys have already seen this, but I'll post it here just in case. This is the 6v6 (Team GGA vs Team Tim Static) exhibition that was played before the tourney started and is definitely worth checking out:

YouTube footage

Team GGA: Soonk, Jeremiah, Wafflez, Han, Dizzy and Moe30w.

Team Static: Sabin, Brady, PerfectLegend, 16-bit, Digimon and Goldfish.

PL vs Dizzy was a pretty cool match. You can also see Dizzy playing as Kenshi (vs Sabin) and 16-bit playing as Kano and Quan Chi.

Thanks for that Neph. 16-Bit gave you a shout out by the way at the end of the Grand Finals. I'm really impressed with the amount of passion, dedication, and skill 16-bit and Tom bring to the community. Mostly for sticking with one main and figuring out matchups versus figuring out counterpicks. They're also great on the mic commentating together to the point that I get bummed out when someone else has to hop on. Digimon is certainly funny but he get's distracted/bored too easily and just stops commentating or ranting about something else. Props for him using Jade though in a Top 8.

Anyhow this was a real fun tourney to watch (MK wise).

NephritePosted: 04/17/2012 06:38 AMStatus ::

^ You're welcome.

I agree with you, it was a super fun and crazy Top 8 with all the weird stuff that happened and Chris G totally losing it in the end lol. I heard the shoutout, much appreciated. You could feel it in his (and Tom's voice) during the shoutouts how much they love doing what they're doing and how much they appreciate the support.

I've also never seen that kind of finish him massive combo that Forever King pulled on Tom after he won the first game. What was that? I thought it was impossible to combo once the announcer says "Finish him/her".

redmanPosted: 04/17/2012 01:24 PMStatus ::

Nephrite Wrote:
^ You're welcome.

I agree with you, it was a super fun and crazy Top 8 with all the weird stuff that happened and Chris G totally losing it in the end lol. I heard the shoutout, much appreciated. You could feel it in his (and Tom's voice) during the shoutouts how much they love doing what they're doing and how much they appreciate the support.

I've also never seen that kind of finish him massive combo that Forever King pulled on Tom after he won the first game. What was that? I thought it was impossible to combo once the announcer says "Finish him/her".

HAHAHAHA. It's the ultimate troll!

Pretty much before it says finish him/her you have to do a instant air teleport 3, 4, teleport 3 , 4, and you can mix it up with teleport 24 teleport 4 teleport 24 and it will literally go on until the game just goes to the menu screen, if your on ladder it will auto go to the next match lol.

Page of 2

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.